Black Adam, Black Adam ,Black Adam Vs Thor , Silver Surfer , Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
3 Black Adams

Vs

Thor
silver Surfer
Gladiator

Who wins here

-Pr-
...Huh?

JakeTheBank
lol

Well, Thor and Silver Surfer could both get the majority on (a) Black Adam. Gladiator would lose in the end.

Ultimately, Team non-Black Adam has more options to secure a win than Team Black Adam.

DarkSaint85
Obviously, they will be power -sharing, like Freddy/Mary/Billy.

Team non-BA stomps.

The wisdom of Zehuti strikes again.

TheGodKiller
Not the Black Adams .

abhilegend
facepalm

Colossus-Big C
Jake got the point

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
3 black adams, or 3 perfect clones

That wasn't why I said it.

Either way, team non-adam takes it.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Team non-BA stomps.

The wisdom of Zehuti strikes again.

Colossus-Big C

Team non-BA stomps.

The wisdom of Zehuti strikes again. No power sharing

DarkSaint85
No power sharing

Then this thread is retarded.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by -Pr-
That wasn't why I said it.

Either way, team non-adam takes it. No power sharing.
Also Black Adam is allowed to kill them

JakeTheBank
Jake got the point

thumb up

iceman24567
This thread sucks

Colossus-Big C
Then this thread is retarded. Read jakes post, although hes wrong about who wins, he got the point

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by iceman24567
This thread sucks

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

-Pr-
No power sharing.
Also Black Adam is allowed to kill them

Doesn't matter, tbh, they aren't the only ones that will kill.

JakeTheBank
Read jakes post, although hes wrong about who wins

thumb down

DarkSaint85
Read jakes post, although hes wrong about who wins, he got the point

Then this thread is retarded.

iceman24567
Pr is a troll for not locking this

Colossus-Big C
Doesn't matter, tbh, they aren't the only ones that will kill. Show me a scan of Black Adam ever being killed

DarkSaint85

I've reported him.

Although, I am interested in Colossus Big -C's new 'I have never seen him killed, therefore he cannot be killed' argument.

DarkSaint85
Show me a scan of Black Adam ever being killed

I will, when you show me a scan of Alfred dying. And it must be canon.

iceman24567
I've reported him.

Although, I am interested in Colossus Big -C's new 'I have never seen him killed, therefore he cannot be killed' argument. I reported him too thumb up

DarkSaint85
Hopefully NewJak can end the tyranny of Pr, and his odious, loathsome ways.

But don't close this thread yet, I have never debated with Colossus before. He always created threads, but never debates.

DarkSaint85
OK, Colossus, let's go.

Why/how would three perfect clones of BA, all with the same powers etc, win?

Delta1938

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x140/lordroyal1/black0.jpg

He died a little on the inside there. Does that count?

-Pr-

Don't be stupid.

Same to you.

Igniz
laughing out loud at this thread.

3 Black Adams kick back laughing out loud

Colossus-Big C
OK, Colossus, let's go.

Why/how would three perfect clones of BA, all with the same powers etc, win? Black Adam is ruthless , he is stronger than anyone here and will kill them without much reason, these guys are not like him. Also I believe Adam can tank everthing surfer can dishout to be honest, or atleast not be put down by it. Black Adam is far faster than thor

JakeTheBank
Fraction/Current Thor is willing to kill former friends and allies and is generally foul tempered as of late. I doubt he'd need much of a push to attempt to kill Black Adam. Gladiator, while he'd lose ultimately, isn't above killing, either. Even Norrin isn't above killing or at least dispersing someone into molecules.

-Pr-
Black Adam is ruthless , he is stronger than anyone here and will kill them without much reason, these guys are not like him. Also I believe Adam can tank everthing surfer can dishout to be honest, or atleast not be put down by it. Black Adam is far faster than thor

Most of what you just said isn't remotely true.

DTM
lol

Well, Thor and Silver Surfer could both get the majority on (a) Black Adam. Gladiator would lose in the end.

Ultimately, Team non-Black Adam has more options to secure a win than Team Black Adam.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

iceman24567
Show me a scan of Black Adam ever being killed How did i miss this gold. BS but gold none the less

Naija boy
Team non Adam

Philosophía
Black Adams.

Branlor Swift
Big C makes the best threads.

Also, 1 Black Adam beats these three.

leonidas
1 PC adam apparently slaughters them and can't even be HARMED by a combination of all 3. so.....yeah. thumb up

abhilegend
^Leo is still butthurt? I'd lean towards adams too for a slight majority.

-Pr-
Originally posted by abhilegend
^Leo is still butthurt? I'd lean towards adams too for a slight majority.

Well, debating with you can be a pain in the ass, so... mmm

abhilegend
Well, debating with you can be a pain in the ass, so... mmm
That was months ago though.

-Pr-
Some wounds take time to heal.

Damborgson
Black Adam is horrifically stomped by Superman. All 3 of him.

abhilegend
Some wounds take time to heal.
Inorite.Originally posted by Damborgson
Black Adam is horrifically stomped by Superman. All 3 of him.
Not cool dude.

Damborgson

Not cool dude.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8a1roRELb1r7qg38.gif

leonidas
Legendary levels of stupidity take time to forget.

fixed. wink

Dampyre
The Black Adams lose. Black Adam is seriously overrated by some folks. So what if he's mean and ruthless? Every member of team 2 has seen worse. The Silver Surfer would beat him for a majority. Thor gets a slight majority. Gladiator makes it a good fight. Adams lose.

End of story.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Dampyre
The Black Adams lose. Black Adam is seriously overrated by some folks. So what if he's mean and ruthless? Every member of team 2 has seen worse. The Silver Surfer would beat him for a majority. Thor gets a slight majority. Gladiator makes it a good fight. Adams lose.

End of story.
Shitty story needs a rewrite

Dampyre
Shitty story needs a rewrite

The truth is unpopular these days. It probably always has been.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Dampyre
The truth is unpopular these days. It probably always has been.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/moooooddy.gif

Diesldude
This thread isn't a fail because of iceman. LOL

iceman24567
Originally posted by Diesldude
This thread isn't a fail because of iceman. LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/npjthg.gif

Diesldude
Yeah but you are the sole reason this thread is still open and that's not what you originally intended.

iceman24567
Meh the mods love trolling me erm

DarkSaint85
Black Adams use their superior Wisdom....

And get the Phoenix force.

More power = cooler characters.

ColossusGrundy
Let's be honest.

As flat out ass-arrogant as Adam is. His team would end up fighting one another.

There's no way you could get 3 Adams to agree, much less work together. Team 2 wins amongst the chaos for that singular reason. I think Adam could possibly beat any of team 2 one on one, Gladiator easily.

Ego gets in the way.

pym-ftw
Bladam beats Glads easily, god Kallark is like a herald Luke Cage here

No respect

Stoic
^ I'm trying to figure out how it's become a fact that Black Adam would be able to defeat Gladiator at all. Gladiator has comparable speed, strength, fighting ability, durability, but that's as far as Teth goes. Gladiator still has his vision powers, freeze breath. So he is clearly the more powerful of the two.

pym-ftw
I think its just a strong hatred for him because he is supposed to be superman level exactly so every time he gets a low feat he gets S*** on even though he is on general showed to be one of marvels top herald class characters

Like I said him and LC

They get no respect

-Pr-
Originally posted by Stoic
^ I'm trying to figure out how it's become a fact that Black Adam would be able to defeat Gladiator at all. Gladiator has comparable speed, strength, fighting ability, durability, but that's as far as Teth goes. Gladiator still has his vision powers, freeze breath. So he is clearly the more powerful of the two.

By feats, you could argue Adam was superior as much as you could argue Gladiator was, if not more.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
I think its just a strong hatred for him because he is supposed to be superman level exactly so every time he gets a low feat he gets S*** on even though he is on general showed to be one of marvels top herald class characters

Like I said him and LC

They get no respect

Luke Cage gets no respect? Really? Read a Bendis comic lately?

Stoic
By feats, you could argue Adam was superior as much as you could argue Gladiator was, if not more.

But the problem here is that neither has fought against the same foes. In DC Gladiator may have been to Superman as BR Bill is to Thor, and in Marvel, Teth might resemble Captain Britain on a higher tier.

In a battle with Teth, and Gladiator wasn't jobbing, there would be more reasons for Gladiator to actually win. I can think of one off hand. If they ever did fight, what would stop Gladiator from shooting laser vision into Teth's eyes, and blinding him for at the very least the duration of the fight, that would from that point become a one sided bludgeoning in Gladiator's favor? Sometimes it just appears that certain decisions are based on favoritism, whether it be in a forum setting or on comic writers attempting to take cheap shots at Superman through his closest physical clone.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
fixed. wink
So butthurt. You should find a lotion for that soreness.

-Pr-
But the problem here is that neither has fought against the same foes. In DC Gladiator may have been to Superman as BR Bill is to Thor, and in Marvel, Teth might resemble Captain Britain on a higher tier.

In a battle with Teth, and Gladiator wasn't jobbing, there would be more reasons for Gladiator to actually win. I can think of one off hand. If they ever did fight, what would stop Gladiator from shooting laser vision into Teth's eyes, and blinding him for at the very least the duration of the fight, that would from that point become a one sided bludgeoning in Gladiator's favor? Sometimes it just appears that certain decisions are based on favoritism, whether it be in a forum setting or on comic writers attempting to take cheap shots at Superman through his closest physical clone.

That's a pretty inaccurate description, tbh. Adam is top tier physically; he's at the very least a holding-back Superman's equal, which you can't say about a lot of characters. Even a non-holding back Superman would have trouble with Adam.

Why more reasons? Because he has more powers? Adam's raw physicality, which I believe is superior to Gladiator's, would make up for any ranged advantage that Gladiator might have.

Shooting him in the eyes... Is that any more likely than Adam attempting to do to him what he did to Psycho Pirate?

It doesn't have to be favouritism to think that Adam would beat Gladiator. The feats alone make a compelling argument.

Stoic
That's a pretty inaccurate description, tbh. Adam is top tier physically; he's at the very least a holding-back Superman's equal, which you can't say about a lot of characters. Even a non-holding back Superman would have trouble with Adam.

Why more reasons? Because he has more powers? Adam's raw physicality, which I believe is superior to Gladiator's, would make up for any ranged advantage that Gladiator might have.

Shooting him in the eyes... Is that any more likely than Adam attempting to do to him what he did to Psycho Pirate?

It doesn't have to be favouritism to think that Adam would beat Gladiator. The feats alone make a compelling argument.

Inaccurate only if you did not understand what I meant, or choose to ignore my meaning. i said Captain Britain on a higher tier, if we were to compare Adam to any character in the Marvel universe, or at least Brian is the only one that comes to mind.

I don't agree that Adam is physically more powerful than Gladiator, and saw his showing of WWiii in the same light as I see most poorly written comics. Everyone of those characters that he walked through seemed to have forgotten how to use their powers, and held back drastically. Because some of those guys could beat Teth alone, or hang with him long enough to get a super pig pile going, but he should have never beaten them in the way that he did.

Gladiator has some pretty high feats as well, and in a 1 on 1 match Teth should never been written as stomping the hell out of Gladiator, and using Psycho Pirate as a means of negating the advantage that Kallark has with his vision powers is not correct, because Kallark possesses something that the Psycho Pirate does not, he has super speed, and the strength to stop Teth from putting his eyes out. Teth does not have laser vision to stop Kallark from zapping him in the eyes at any given moment during a test of strength, where they are both at eye level shouting slurs at each other.

Like I said. Gladiator's defeats seem more likely to be several writers taking cheap shots at DC's flagship character Superman, and since he was meant to be Superman's physical clone, Marvel indirectly has him getting his a$$ beaten to say that if this were Superman, he too would get his can kicked in the same way.

Gladiator due to power set, comparable strength, durability, speed, and more powers has more of a right of defeating Adam than the other way around.

And since Black Adam is not in Marvel we truly can not say how well he would do against guys that have mauled Gladiator in the past. This all boils down to respective universes.

DarkSaint85
So you DON'T think Black Adam is on Superman's tier?

Because you can't have BA on Superman's tier in DC, and then be on high-end Brian's level in Marvel at the same time...

Stoic
So you DON'T think Black Adam is on Superman's tier?

Because you can't have BA on Superman's tier in DC, and then be on high-end Brian's level in Marvel at the same time...

I never said that. At the same time i do believe that Gladiator is in Superman's tier, just as I see BR Bill in Thor's tier. I was comparing Brian to both Captain Marvel, and Black Adam, but at two tiers below them. However Gladiator, and Superman have the tools to defeat teth if they fired off HV, or laser vision into his eyes during a test of strength.

-Pr-
Inaccurate only if you did not understand what I meant, or choose to ignore my meaning. i said Captain Britain on a higher tier, if we were to compare Adam to any character in the Marvel universe, or at least Brian is the only one that comes to mind.

I don't agree that Adam is physically more powerful than Gladiator, and saw his showing of WWiii in the same light as I see most poorly written comics. Everyone of those characters that he walked through seemed to have forgotten how to use their powers, and held back drastically. Because some of those guys could beat Teth alone, or hang with him long enough to get a super pig pile going, but he should have never beaten them in the way that he did.

Gladiator has some pretty high feats as well, and in a 1 on 1 match Teth should never been written as stomping the hell out of Gladiator, and using Psycho Pirate as a means of negating the advantage that Kallark has with his vision powers is not correct, because Kallark possesses something that the Psycho Pirate does not, he has super speed, and the strength to stop Teth from putting his eyes out. Teth does not have laser vision to stop Kallark from zapping him in the eyes at any given moment during a test of strength, where they are both at eye level shouting slurs at each other.

Like I said. Gladiator's defeats seem more likely to be several writers taking cheap shots at DC's flagship character Superman, and since he was meant to be Superman's physical clone, Marvel indirectly has him getting his a$$ beaten to say that if this were Superman, he too would get his can kicked in the same way.

Gladiator due to power set, comparable strength, durability, speed, and more powers has more of a right of defeating Adam than the other way around.

And since Black Adam is not in Marvel we truly can not say how well he would do against guys that have mauled Gladiator in the past. This all boils down to respective universes.

I just don't see where you get the Captain Britain comparison, that's all.

I wasn't actually referring to WW3, as he was amped in that.

Yes, I know he does. I just don't rate him as highly as I do Adam. You believe zapping him in the eyes would actually work? I never said stomp, btw. But beat him, yes. Gladiator's ranged powers are to me an equaliser more than an advantage.

Him being a Superman clone isn't an excuse, though. We go by fights, feats and personality. Editorial shit only gets brought up if it's to disregard some horrendously bad writing.

Disagree, as i think Adam is generally superior.

Of course; I just think Adam has done better against higher tier beings than Gladiator has.

Stoic
You don't understand why I would compare Black Adam to Captain Britain? They both got their powers from magical sources, and they both have the same powers aside from the lightning that BA can summon, not that Brian is as powerful, but that they are closer than you may at first begin to see or believe. I don't mean down to the same people or source of their powers, but in the way that their powers work. Teth has more in common with Brian, than he does with Superman, or Gladiator. They are both mainly flying bricks.

Gladiator through strength feats has proven on panel several times that he has the strength of a Superman level character, and IMO he is in the same elite high herald tier as Superman. If Teth is a high herald Gladiator certainly is as well.

If you can make the claim that Teth is faster, stronger, more durable, or capable of causing more damage on a planetary level, then spill it, but i just can't see it. While on the other hand Gladiator's laser vision is certainly an advantage, because Teth has no answer to it, nor does he have an answer to his super freeze breath, infra vision, or super hearing. Gladiator jobs, and that's why people drag him through the mud. if we debated power for power with the knowledge that Gladiator can keep up to Teth in the physical arena, Teth would eventually be overtaken in a versatility war. Feats that apply to one universe in terms of battles can not be directly passed off to another, because we can not ever know how powerful DC would make Thor if he were in that universe just as an example.

So if they did battle i could see Gladiator taking a majority due to his higher versatility, while having comparable stats.

abhilegend
You don't understand why I would compare Black Adam to Captain Britain? They both got their powers from magical sources, and they both have the same powers aside from the lightning that BA can summon, not that Brian is as powerful, but that they are closer than you may at first begin to see or believe. I don't mean down to the same people or source of their powers, but in the way that their powers work. Teth has more in common with Brian, than he does with Superman, or Gladiator. They are both mainly flying bricks.

Gladiator through strength feats has proven on panel several times that he has the strength of a Superman level character, and IMO he is in the same elite high herald tier as Superman. If Teth is a high herald Gladiator certainly is as well.

If you can make the claim that Teth is faster, stronger, more durable, or capable of causing more damage on a planetary level, then spill it, but i just can't see it. While on the other hand Gladiator's laser vision is certainly an advantage, because Teth has no answer to it, nor does he have an answer to his super freeze breath, infra vision, or super hearing. Gladiator jobs, and that's why people drag him through the mud. if we debated power for power with the knowledge that Gladiator can keep up to Teth in the physical arena, Teth would eventually be overtaken in a versatility war. Feats that apply to one universe in terms of battles can not be directly passed off to another, because we can not ever know how powerful DC would make Thor if he were in that universe just as an example.

So if they did battle i could see Gladiator taking a majority due to his higher versatility, while having comparable stats.
You think that adam can't take gladiator's heat vision? Gladiator isn't in the same class as superman.

-Pr-

I guess.

I don't agree. Gladiator to me is a solid mid, maybe high end-mid herald, but fair enough.

I don't agree, tbh.

Wait, are you saying we can't compare them?

I'd give Adam 7/10 personally.

Juntai
Gladiator isn't in the same class as superman.

He's meant to be, but in application they aren't even close. He's probably closer to one of the weaker Supermanbots than he is to the real deal.

pym-ftw
Luke Cage gets no respect? Really? Read a Bendis comic lately?
I meant on the boards, when I first joined I remember a fight

Cap&Blade vs cage & IF (pre train feat)
I believe

Cage was argued as a non factor

Colossus-Big C
This IMO would put gladiator DOWN

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/data/media/43/Superman_vs._Black_Adam.jpg

Black Adam is stronger than gladiator

"He made it impossible to leave the city center"

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/117297/2270654-tumblr_l0ke3zWfSn1qzbuoao1_500.jpg

StiltmanFTW
facepalm

Marvel team wins.

JakeTheBank
Edit

Colossus-Big C
Edit

pym-ftw
Gladiator isn't in the same class as superman.
Minus the incredibly high end feats all flagship characters have, yes there highly comparable

I'd give supes the win over Gladiator, but to insist that there not comparable is not only ignorant but wholly false.

Juntai
Minus the incredibly high end feats all flagship characters have, yes there highly comparable

I'd give supes the win over Gladiator, but to insist that there not comparable is not only ignorant but wholly false. No, they really aren't.

The level of opponent where Gladiator stops being truly effective is where Superman's power and effectiveness superiority becomes glaringly obvious.

pym-ftw
What opponent? Do you think superman could beat the P5?

Batman-Prime
Team one 5/10

Juntai
What opponent? Do you think superman could beat the P5? Name everyone Gladiator fought evenly with and won or lost, or outright got destroyed by, and I'll let you know, because a majority of the list is laughable.

He just hasn't beaten the same caliber of opponents that Superman consistently has. In his rare high feats he appears to be in the range Superman has been consistently been portrayed in issue to issue. In the rest however, he just plain loses in cases that are meant to make Marvel readers believe "Superman would lose here too", as someone said earlier in the thread, and is simply not the case.

carver9
Gladiator is clearly being lowballed.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator is clearly being lowballed.

Not by everyone.

carver9
Not by everyone.

I agree but if you look at his fights as a whole and look at the circumstances and plots, you'll see what stoic is trying to tell you all. Gladiator hasn't outright been stomped in a fight. The time he truly got curbed was by an amped Hulk. Outside of that, I can't think of a time Gladiator got ran through unless you count Tyrant.

-Pr-
I agree but if you look at his fights as a whole and look at the circumstances and plots, you'll see what stoic is trying to tell you all. Gladiator hasn't outright been stomped in a fight. The time he truly got curbed was by an amped Hulk. Outside of that, I can't think of a time Gladiator got ran through unless you count Tyrant.

I don't agree.

Stoic
Originally posted by Juntai
Name everyone Gladiator fought evenly with and won or lost, or outright got destroyed by, and I'll let you know, because a majority of the list is laughable.

He just hasn't beaten the same caliber of opponents that Superman consistently has. In his rare high feats he appears to be in the range Superman has been consistently been portrayed in issue to issue. In the rest however, he just plain loses in cases that are meant to make Marvel readers believe "Superman would lose here too", as someone said earlier in the thread, and is simply not the case.

This was my stance as well.

Philosophía
Black Adam is much more powerful than Gladiator, and would beat the living shit out of him.

Anybody who has read both of the characters would know this.

Starscream M

Philosophía
I know, right? Gladiator is known for being a nice guy.

Stoic

Philosophía
When you say much more powerful would you care to elaborate on the terms? Of course.

Black Adam's entire career consists of battle performances that would be the highlights of Gladiator's existence.

His highs are much higher, his lows are almost non-existent, and his average is arguably the best this side of Superman. Gladiator's highs are much lower, his lows are embarrasingly bad, and his average is laughable.

None of those are even remotely arguable.

Stoic

JakeTheBank
Probably the Gambit and Cannonball showings.

Mindset
Phil has obviously never read a comic.

Stoic
Probably the Gambit and Cannonball showings.

Quantifying the amount of power that Gambit hit him with is impossible. I'm guessing that you are referring to the full deck of cards that hit him correct?

Cannonball in that scene would have done the same thing to Superman, or Black Adam. He simply redirected Gladiators punch back to him. This is something that Speedball did to Terrax as well. I'm not sure if that was a low showing since it didn't KO Gladiator. Did it? Can't remember since this was nearly 20 years ago.

There was a time when Gladiator fought some ancient alien that owned him with ease, but then again that guy appeared to be way up on the food chain. I forget the creatures name, but he easily caught Gladiator's punch, and broke his wrist or something to that effect.

Blight
Gladiator can't even ko himself?? Pathetic..

Stoic
Originally posted by Blight
Gladiator can't even ko himself?? Pathetic..

Neither can Juggernaut it appears. Or Superman, or countless other characters that have fought clones or doppelgangers of themselves. At least not with one punch.

Philosophía
Could you emphasize Gladiator's lows so that I could get a clearer picture of your perspective? Fighting teenage Colossus as nigh-equals. Being overpowered and dragged around by Hulk like a kid who broke the neighbour's window, even before exploting his weakness. Gambit's deck of cards. We can, of course, also get into stuff like Corsair's pistol knocking him out, if you want to categorize that as 'battle performance'. Anytime you have something of Black Adam's that is comparable to those, feel free to mention them.

I take your silence on Black Adam's average and highs are an acknowledgement of his significant superiority. Good.

Stoic

abhilegend

I'd give supes the win over Gladiator, but to insist that there not comparable is not only ignorant but wholly false.
How many superman comics have you read? Just for a rough comparison, gladiator had his arm broken like a twig and tossed like garbage by a being assimilated the strength of a planet of beings, superman stalemated Amalak with the strength of a planet of being after attacked by red sun and kryptonite. Do the math.

Stoic
How many superman comics have you read? Just for a rough comparison, gladiator had his arm broken like a twig and tossed like garbage by a being assimilated the strength of a planet of beings, superman stalemated Amalak with the strength of a planet of being after attacked by red sun and kryptonite. Do the math.

Superman isn't in this thread. None of the rest mean anything because the guy that broke gladiator's arm was obviously way up on the food chain.

Philosophía
I can see why you might have a case, but as I stated above, the force of the deck of cards that Gambit hit him with is unquantified. I'm sure Gambit's deck of cards is supernova level, at least.

We don't need to have mathematical equations in order to realize that being knocked by Gambit, even while going so far above his normal level as to use a whole deck (holy sh*t, a whole deck?!), is a pathetic showing.

Saying 'unquantifiable' is not an argument.

Being beaten down by the Hulk who has consistently operated at those levels isn't really a poor showing, since Black Adam would likely battle the Hulk in the same way in a comic book. Black Adam would battle Hulk by shooting heat vision, having it palmed back into his face, and then dragged around like a ragdoll?

Stoic, dear, you're just not very good at this whole..thinking thing.

As for Corsair's pistol, this is also unquantified, because unless you know what his gun was packing it may have been powerful enough to deck the Silver Surfer laughing out loud

I'm sure Corsair's random pistol is able to ktfo Silver Surfer.

You're the guy who said "I can almost see a Firelord beating happening to Aquaman" on a Spiderman vs Aquaman thread, aren't you?

What a cute simpleton.

Instead why not prove that Black Adam is faster, stronger, has a stronger punch based on planetary destructive scales. Because we were talking about battle records. Are you running away now to "Gladiator destroyed a planet", which means shit in battle?

Drax has crushed stars with his bare hands and yet is weaker than sub-class 100 She-Hulk. Kyle Rayner has contained supernovas and juggled planets, yet his shields can't hold Superman. Rookie Green Lanterns survive Black Holes (which is a feat beyond Gladiator), and in battle they're worth shit.

I mean we can both use low showings like the time that Suberboy Prime made teth look like a bug, only to have been given a better fight than Teth by Superboy. You see how it works? I guess the whole DCU, including Superman is weak, because Superboy Prime plowed through them all.

Scales:

Black Adam's low feat is Superboy Prime.
Gladiator's low feat is Corsair's gun, teenage Colossus and Gambit's deck of cards.

laughing out loud

Colossus lost the battle and Gladiator was unharmed, so this really doesn't make him look bad, and that showing could also be looked at from many different perspectives; such as Gladiator may have been taking it easy on Peter

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Gladiator/GladiatorvsColossus2.jpg

"giving everything they have."

Gladiator was going all out, but couldn't defeat Colossus until the structure crumbling around them decided the battle.

You haven't even read Gladiator's comics, have you?

abhilegend
Superman isn't in this thread. None of the rest mean anything because the guy that broke gladiator's arm was obviously way up on the food chain.
So was amalak. Koed both PG and SG simultaneously. What else did Eldest one did to say he was up there?

Stoic
So was amalak. Koed both PG and SG simultaneously. What else did Eldest one did to say he was up there?

Well based on his ability to easily toy with Gladiator shows that he would have easily toyed with anyone that has given Gladiator a good fight. The guys that are capable of giving Gladiator a good fight on that level would include Thor, The Hulk, Hyperion, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, and a large list of top tier characters. He wasn't easily defeated by some punk type of character, which shouldn't be used in an attempt to discredit Gladiator. That guy was bad ass.

Stoic
@ Philo

You still never proved that Teth is stronger, faster, or more versatile than Gladiator, all you did was attempt to raise your over inflated ego to higher height than it already is, with your snide attempts at an insult, but all you ended up doing is confirming what type of an ******* you really are.

You simply have no proof that Teth is faster, stronger, or can cause more planetary damage than Gladiator, nor do you have an answer for is clear advantages. Until you can come up with a clear comparison continue with the horse and pony show. however it still does not prove that Teth is superior over a non jobbing Gladiator.

Stoic

carver9
It's so easy to lowball Superman but what's the point. Why lowball both characters to prove a point?

abhilegend
Well based on his ability to easily toy with Gladiator shows that he would have easily toyed with anyone that has given Gladiator a good fight. The guys that are capable of giving Gladiator a good fight on that level would include Thor, The Hulk, Hyperion, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, and a large list of top tier characters. He wasn't easily defeated by some punk type of character, which shouldn't be used in an attempt to discredit Gladiator. That guy was bad ass.
So gambit, skrulls, cannonball, colossus, rachel summers, wolverine, rookie nova are all top tiers? Beating one character doesn't prove he's top tier otherwise half of DCU would be top tier.

pym-ftw
^only if being > a fence puts you above superman

Playing the lowball game is dumb

BTW cannonball would be hard for any brick to put down, and Rachel called on the phoenix

abhilegend
^only if being > a fence puts you above superman

Playing the lowball game is dumb

BTW cannonball would be hard for any brick to put down, and Rachel called on the phoenix
If you reference to the PC superboy scene, it was irradiated by red sun radiaton.
The same cannonball got koed by a collision with speedball, so nope.

carver9
Wait a minute...Gladiator TOYED with Cannonball the entire time, he even states this during the fight. Cannonball didn't have one advantage during that fight, not one and gained a new ability to even make Gladiator notice him. It's like me pointing out Superman getting stomped by a street level character, shadowdragon and getting his face bust opened by a herc that doesn't even have any fts.

Clapping away at the lowball attempts when both Superman and Gladiator are full of them. Abhi, just go away.

carver9
Watch me get pointed out when all the superman fans are in here clearly lowballing. Just outright crazy.

abhilegend
Wait a minute...Gladiator TOYED with Cannonball the entire time, he even states this during the fight. Cannonball didn't have one advantage during that fight, not one and gained a new ability to even make Gladiator notice him. It's like me pointing out Superman getting stomped by a street level character, shadowdragon and getting his face bust opened by a herc that doesn't even have any fts.

Clapping away at the lowball attempts when both Superman and Gladiator are full of them. Abhi, just go away.
He didn't toy with cannonball, not in slightest. Also herc has held themyscira on his shoulders for 3000 years. Shadowdragon, really? That's like calling cap knocking out hulk a low showing, its outright PIS. You've been doing this for a long time.

carver9
He didn't toy with cannonball, not in slightest. Also herc has held themyscira on his shoulders for 3000 years. Shadowdragon, really? That's like calling cap knocking out hulk a low showing, its outright PIS. You've been doing this for a long time.

Gladiator was clearly toying with him. Show me once instance in that fight before Cannonball amped off of Gladiator power where CB hurt or damaged Glads. DC herc sucks and you know it. I know not to use that as an average for Superman though. Go lowball somewhere else.

carver9
By the way, this was the first punch Gladiator threw that entire fight.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6572/gladiatorvscannonball54cb.jpg

abhilegend
Gladiator was clearly toying with him. Show me once instance in that fight before Cannonball amped off of Gladiator power where CB hurt or damaged Glads. DC herc sucks and you know it. I know not to use that as an average for Superman though. Go lowball somewhere else.
That proves gladiator was toying with him? So much toying that he intended to kill him with one punch! Yeah, now that he's not a no feat wonder, he sucks. BTW, he defeated a sinestro clone who was choking WW outright. Your lowballing skills are getting rusty.

carver9
That proves gladiator was toying with him? So much toying that he intended to kill him with one punch! Yeah, now that he's not a no feat wonder, he sucks. BTW, he defeated a sinestro clone who was choking WW outright. Your lowballing skills are getting rusty.

So him defeating a clone means that he can split Superman wig with a single hit? That makes sense.

Gladiator was toying with him.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/9223/gladiatorvscannonball23jc.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/4466/gladiatorvscannonball35ma.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/8432/gladiatorvscannonball41tu.jpg

Gladiator got serious once and that was when CB absorbed his power (which could have happened to anyone).

abhilegend
So him defeating a clone means that he can split Superman wig with a single hit? That makes sense.

Gladiator was toying with him.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/9223/gladiatorvscannonball23jc.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/4466/gladiatorvscannonball35ma.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/8432/gladiatorvscannonball41tu.jpg

Gladiator got serious once and that was when CB absorbed his power (which could have happened to anyone).
That was the clone who was beating WW, you know who you give a split against superman.

Nowhere was gladiator toying with sam. Stop it. Apparently not to speedball/penance.

carver9
That was the clone who was beating WW, you know who you give a split against superman.

Nowhere was gladiator toying with sam. Stop it. Apparently not to speedball/penance.

So him defeating a clone means he can one punch, split Superman face? What in the hell.

Gladiator was CLEARLY toying with him and my scans proves that. He would have fought, Thor, Juggernaut, etc, completely different. Hell, he showed this recently when he stomped Ms. Marvel, Ironman, and Thing recently.

abhilegend
So him defeating a clone means he can one punch, split Superman face? What in the hell.

Gladiator was CLEARLY toying with him and my scans proves that. He would have fought, Thor, Juggernaut, etc, completely different. Hell, he showed this recently when he stomped Ms. Marvel, Ironman, and Thing recently.
He didn't split superman's face open. He just drew blood from an elbow to the nose by surprise, which is not that impossible. Stop exaggerating.

Nope. He fought hulk and masterson in the same manner and got punked.

Where? In the same comic you are referencing logan put his claws through him like it was a knife through butter and gladiator wrestled with him to make him get off.

Stoic
Abhi you should stop trying to low ball Gladiator, he wasn't putting his all into the fight which is quite apparent from the scans that Carver posted. Unless giving ones all is accompanied by friendly banter, while smiling. Gladiator was simply over confident in his abilities and instead of ending the fight quickly he decided to play with Sam, without knowing the Sam had developed External abilities. BTW, Cannonball, and Speedball happen to be incredibly powerful characters when they use their powers correctly. Nova Prime was unable to put Penance (Speedball) down when they faced off. Is Nova Prime a weakling as well?

I also noticed how fast Gladiator was in the scan, and how in one panel he hit Sam, and went off, grabbed a steel girder from parts unknown , and wrapped him up iwith it. This low balling crap should stop.

carver9
He didn't split superman's face open. He just drew blood from an elbow to the nose by surprise, which is not that impossible. Stop exaggerating.

Nope. He fought hulk and masterson in the same manner and got punked.

Where? In the same comic you are referencing logan put his claws through him like it was a knife through butter and gladiator wrestled with him to make him get off.

Yes, Hercules with no fts did just that.

He fought an amped Hulk. Get it right. He creamed Masterson. Just stop. I'm tired of debating against you and its taking everything in me not to put you on ignore
Logan stabbing top tiers is something that happens consistently. The writer stated the only reason Wolvy was able to do that was due to Glads confidence. I'm done debating with you. T2UL.

abhilegend
Abhi you should stop trying to low ball Gladiator, he wasn't putting his all into the fight which is quite apparent from the scans that Carver posted. Unless giving ones all is accompanied by friendly banter, while smiling. Gladiator was simply over confident in his abilities and instead of ending the fight quickly he decided to play with Sam, without knowing the Sam had developed External abilities. BTW, Cannonball, and Speedball happen to be incredibly powerful characters when they use their powers correctly. Nova Prime was unable to put Penance (Speedball) down when they faced off. Is Nova Prime a weakling as well?

I also noticed how fast Gladiator was in the scan, and how in one panel he hit Sam, and went off, grabbed a steel girder from parts unknown , and wrapped him up iwith it. This low balling crap should stop.
Yeah, not going all out=a punch boasting to send someone to sun. Makes sense. Yeah, gladiator is almost as fast as spider-man and him and nova prime are almost as strong as namor who oneshotted penance.

carver9
Yeah, not going all out=a punch boasting to send someone to sun. Makes sense. Yeah, gladiator is almost as fast as spider-man and him and nova prime are almost as strong as namor who oneshotted penance.
So Spiderman can hit someone, blitz them and tie them up with a pole before they can react? Abhi, do you not see what you are doing?

abhilegend
Yes, Hercules with no fts did just that.

He fought an amped Hulk. Get it right. He creamed Masterson. Just stop. I'm tired of debating against you and its taking everything in me not to put you on ignore
Logan stabbing top tiers is something that happens consistently. The writer stated the only reason Wolvy was able to do that was due to Glads confidence. I'm done debating with you. T2UL.
He has feats, better than what you think unless holding an island for 3000 years is your definition of "no feat".
The hulk was dying in that time and had shitty durability. It was gladiator's own HV that owned him.
He got nearly beat to death in a few strikes as usual after a lightning type attack.
Yeah, like thor, right? You know, you can't put me on ignore. Where would be any fun in that scenario?

abhilegend
So Spiderman can hit someone, blitz them and tie them up with a pole before they can react? Abhi, do you not see what you are doing?
Yep. Not with a pole though. I'm just having some fun with gladiator fans.

Stoic

One shotting Penance calls for Penance not to be using his powers correctly, and since Robbie has been consistently written on a lower level, and not blasting his powers at full, a cheap shot from just about any character could put him down. But when he's using his powers to their fullest Namor would have wound up being the one hit by his own kinetic energy.

You seem very well versed in leaving context out, which is a you telling yourself that people are too dumb to call you on it. Your entire argument contradicts former arguments on your part at using a characters best feats, but here you are using Gladiator's worst moments, while leaving out contextual reasons for his losses.

One that I noticed is your attempt to say that Masterson defeated Gladiator without attaching the reason for his defeat, which was treachery. If the Living Lightning wasn't there, Masterson would have never gotten the opening to stun Gladiator in the manner that he did, and Gladiator wouldn't have been hammer pasted to the head, and KO'd. You also left out how easily Gladiator defeated Wonder man, who happens to be stronger than Namor.

Then you bring up Gladiator's battle with Sam, and even try to contradict on panel evidence so that you can continue these low ball antics. Cannonball, and Speedball are incredibly powerful at the high end of their abilities, but you bring up more low showings in an attempt to gloss over the fact that both of these characters have variable levels.

carver9
@abhi...

After the Gladiator fight, you do know Hulk went Super Saiyan right? Hulk was amped die to his separation from Banner.

It was more than a few strikes by the way.

So now.you are going to lowball Thor.? You are on a role tonight.

Damborgson

So now you are going to lowball Thor? You are on a role tonight.

http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Saber/DarthMaulAni.gif

DarkSaint85
Oh dear. Abhi vs the United KMC Protectorate.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Saber/DarthMaulAni.gif

I phuckin' lol'd

DarkSaint85
All he needs to do now is denigrate Doom, Juggernaut and Hulk, and the cycle will be complete.

Stoic
All he needs to do now is denigrate Doom, Juggernaut and Hulk, and the cycle will be complete.

Well apparently being cut by Wolverine is something that would only happen to a weak character. How many characters has Wolverine cut aside from Gladiator again?

JakeTheBank
All he needs to do now is denigrate Doom

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/PissedJim.gif

DarkSaint85
He's never really stabbed Colossus, has he?

Colossus >Gladiator.

Stoic
He's never really stabbed Colossus, has he?

Colossus >Gladiator.

Wait a second, though was Thor ever cut by Wolverine? I guess the same can be said for him as well. And Wolverine cut Thanos as well during the Infinity Gauntlet. Hmmm.

JakeTheBank
Thor was cut by Wolverine, but the thickness of his Asgardian skin prevented his claws from doing much more than minor surface damage. He took a full on swipe in the face from a crazed Logan and just had three small cuts to show for it.

abhilegend
One shotting Penance calls for Penance not to be using his powers correctly, and since Robbie has been consistently written on a lower level, and not blasting his powers at full, a cheap shot from just about any character could put him down. But when he's using his powers to their fullest Namor would have wound up being the one hit by his own kinetic energy.

You seem very well versed in leaving context out, which is a you telling yourself that people are too dumb to call you on it. Your entire argument contradicts former arguments on your part at using a characters best feats, but here you are using Gladiator's worst moments, while leaving out contextual reasons for his losses.

One that I noticed is your attempt to say that Masterson defeated Gladiator without attaching the reason for his defeat, which was treachery. If the Living Lightning wasn't there, Masterson would have never gotten the opening to stun Gladiator in the manner that he did, and Gladiator wouldn't have been hammer pasted to the head, and KO'd. You also left out how easily Gladiator defeated Wonder man, who happens to be stronger than Namor.

Then you bring up Gladiator's battle with Sam, and even try to contradict on panel evidence so that you can continue these low ball antics. Cannonball, and Speedball are incredibly powerful at the high end of their abilities, but you bring up more low showings in an attempt to gloss over the fact that both of these characters have variable levels.
You have no idea what are you talking about as usual. Stop before you make a fool of yourself as always. Penance was using his powers when namor did it and it was no cheapshot.

Oh I forgot that masterson can actually call down lightning, so obviously it doesn't have to do anything that Eric was a noob with thor's powers, right?
Simon wasn't koed, only hurt. Stronger than namor? Namor phuckstomped Ares and Simon together.
Both cannonball and speedball are at best meta level characters. That speaks how much gladiator sucks.Originally posted by carver9
@abhi...

After the Gladiator fight, you do know Hulk went Super Saiyan right? Hulk was amped die to his separation from Banner.

It was more than a few strikes by the way.

So now.you are going to lowball Thor.? You are on a role tonight.
Hulk leapt away after beating gladiator to a pulp. You are enough for that.

abhilegend
Well apparently being cut by Wolverine is something that would only happen to a weak character. How many characters has Wolverine cut aside from Gladiator again?
Cut, yes. Stabbed through shoulder like knife through butter? I'd like to see some examples.Originally posted by Stoic
Wait a second, though was Thor ever cut by Wolverine? I guess the same can be said for him as well. And Wolverine cut Thanos as well during the Infinity Gauntlet. Hmmm.
Thanos doesn't have much piercing durability either. A random alien cut him open in Cosmic Powers Unlimited and he went out of his way to avoid a hit by Morg's axe, which in the same issue didn't cut even Terrax.

Stoic
You have no idea what are you talking about as usual. Stop before you make a fool of yourself as always. Penance was using his powers when namor did it and it was no cheapshot.

Oh I forgot that masterson can actually call down lightning, so obviously it doesn't have to do anything that Eric was a noob with thor's powers, right?
Simon wasn't koed, only hurt. Stronger than namor? Namor phuckstomped Ares and Simon together.
Both cannonball and speedball are at best meta level characters. That speaks how much gladiator sucks.

And Superman was just cut by a character with zero feats, and KO'd while retaining a concussion from being back handed into the moon, by a shot that was only capable of creating a crater. Who sucks again? Yeah so let's get to the low-balling that you seem so intent on bringing up.

What part of Variable power levels do you not get? Should I explain the word variable to you? Penance took on a far more powerful character than Namor (Nova Prime) and was not KO'd when he was at his best. You as usual bring up the worst to make a point but end up doing the same mess that you always do, which is low-ball the mess out of characters that you dislike. Your analogy of the Masterson vs Gladiator fight is irrelevant, he used the Living Lightning, which stunned Gladiator (not KO'd Gladiator) and jumped on him with the opportunity given him, and KO'd him with his hammer. Simon was done for, and could no longer defend himself. Namor is an accomplished warrior, and he won the fight, but this does not mean that he is stronger than Wonder Man, because he isn't.

DarkSaint85
Shit, looks like Stoic's....using the WHOLE DECK!

Stoic
Cut, yes. Stabbed through shoulder like knife through butter? I'd like to see some examples.
Thanos doesn't have much piercing durability either. A random alien cut him open in Cosmic Powers Unlimited and he went out of his way to avoid a hit by Morg's axe, which in the same issue didn't cut even Terrax.

You'd like to know of all of the guys that Wolverine has stabbed or cut? Go to his respect thread, and you will find more than you are looking for.

As for the Thanos attack. Do you know how strong or tough the substance was that cut him? I get it you hate Gladiator. Most likely because he is the closest clone of you favorite character.

abhilegend
And Superman was just cut by a character with zero feats, and KO'd while retaining a concussion from being back handed into the moon, by a shot that was only capable of creating a crater. Who sucks again? Yeah so let's get to the low-balling that you seem so intent on bringing up.

What part of Variable power levels do you not get? Should I explain the word variable to you? Penance took on a far more powerful character than Namor (Nova Prime) and was not KO'd when he was at his best. You as usual bring up the worst to make a point but end up doing the same mess that you always do, which is low-ball the mess out of characters that you dislike. Your analogy of the Masterson vs Gladiator fight is irrelevant, he used the Living Lightning, which stunned Gladiator (not KO'd Gladiator) and jumped on him with the opportunity given him, and KO'd him with his hammer. Simon was done for, and could no longer defend himself. Namor is an accomplished warrior, and he won the fight, but this does not mean that he is stronger than Wonder Man, because he isn't.
I'm not talking about DCnU superman. Nova prime is FAR more powerful than namor? Since when? So masterson can't call lightning down? He was stunned by lightning, pathetic. He didn't just ko gladiator, he nearly killed him. He still wasn't koed after a blitz by gladiator. Namor was beating Ares with simon's body. If that tells you he's weaker than simon, lulz.

abhilegend
You'd like to know of all of the guys that Wolverine has stabbed or cut? Go to his respect thread, and you will find more than you are looking for.

As for the Thanos attack. Do you know how strong or tough the substance was that cut him? I get it you hate Gladiator. Most likely because he is the closest clone of you favorite character.
I know more about wolverine than you can imagine. I don't need to go to respect threads.

Yeah, not very tough. I don't hate gladiator, I'm just amused at the antics of his fans.

abhilegend
Shit, looks like Stoic's....using the WHOLE DECK!
Yeah, his rationalization about gladiator's low showings are amusing. But its the same guy who claimed that soulfire formula made darkseid's durability go down.

Stoic
I'm not talking about DCnU superman. Nova prime is FAR more powerful than namor? Since when? So masterson can't call lightning down? He was stunned by lightning, pathetic. He didn't just ko gladiator, he nearly killed him. He still wasn't koed after a blitz by gladiator. Namor was beating Ares with simon's body. If that tells you he's weaker than simon, lulz.

I never really much cared about what you were talking about. Superman was given a huge beating by an alien with zero feats, and back handed like a flea, and he was severely injured by an impact that was only capable of making a crater. This is me low-balling your boy. You see how this works? You see what you're doing?

Namor is a better fighter who happens to be able to lift huge amounts of weight, so how hard would it be for him to lift up a 250 lb man and batter another guy with him? This does not mean that he is stronger. The Hulk beat the hell out of the Abomination, and the Abomination was 2x his base strength. These things happen all of the time in comics, but it does not mean that the guy who wins is stronger.

Should we continue with the red herrings, and strawmen tactics, or are you claiming that Namor would defeat Gladiator as well, because I really can't see the correlation here.

carver9

You do know after Masterson hammer shots, Gladiator was waking up in the next oanel right? That doesn't sound like someone near death to me.

JakeTheBank
I know more about wolverine than you can imagine.

More, less, or about the same as Srank?

carver9
Na

Stoic
Nova Prime would kill Namor, this is not really a question. Gladiator would kill him as well.

How about this approach Abhi, because TBH I'm getting tired of the games that children play. How about you prove that Black Adam is faster, stronger, more durable, and more variable than a non jobbing Gladiator instead of bringing up irrelevant topics that move further away from the topic?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>