Thor vs Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Thor gets a free godblast before the fight starts. After that it's H2H only. He also gets his belt of strength, magic gauntlets and Odin force shield. No BFR.

NemeBro
lol

JakeTheBank
Thor.

PillarofOsiris
I think it's close. I'm honestly not sure.

JakeTheBank
The free Godblast is killer, imo.

Thor was able to greviously cripple Zelia of the Dark Gods, who had siphoned all her pantheon's power unto herself in addition to the power she stole from Odin. Zeus would still be alive, but he'd be hurting. Giving Thor the considerable amps he'd get with his gear further seals it, imho.

The Sorrow
Zeus

PillarofOsiris
Plus it's H2H too, so Zeus isn't using exotic powers. I think I'd lean towards Thor as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins, how is this even a contest? I'd like to see someone prove that Zeus can withstand a God Blast without going down. He's definitely not tanking the more powerful versions; him dying is a possibility.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins, how is this even a contest? I'd like to see someone prove that Zeus can withstand a God Blast without going down. He's definitely not tanking the more powerful versions; him dying is a possibility. So what you're saying is that if a certain character HV'ed Zeus...

no expression

JakeTheBank
ha-son

janus77
Zeus kills Thor.

DarkSaint85
Thor wins.

Lol at the HVcomment though.

Damborgson
Thor fo sho

Mindset
Thor wins, how is this even a contest? I'd like to see someone prove that Zeus can withstand a God Blast without going down. He's definitely not tanking the more powerful versions; him dying is a possibility. Shut up; Zeus wins.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by janus77
Zeus kills Thor.

Based on what?

Colossus-Big C
Bait thread maybe

JakeTheBank
I'm having a hard time seeing Zeus win this at all, let alone beat down Thor easily.

An unanswered Godblast is a huge obstacle to overcome even for a Skyfather, especially when forced to use H2H only. That's without factoring in Thor's ridiculous amps.

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The free Godblast is killer, imo.

Thor was able to greviously cripple Zelia of the Dark Gods, who had siphoned all her pantheon's power unto herself in addition to the power she stole from Odin. Zeus would still be alive, but he'd be hurting. Giving Thor the considerable amps he'd get with his gear further seals it, imho.

Yeah you pretty much nailed it on the head, Zelia alone was powerful enough to push Odin. Thor should take this. I'd say Zeus if it weren't for the free shot, and even then he'd have to fight for it.

Nihilist
Based on what? The fact he easily beat the crap out of Hulk of course

Colossus-Big C
Funny thread

carver9
Zeus wins...easily.

DickBlazer
Lol at Zeus possibly being killed. He would wreck thor

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by carver9
Zeus wins...easily.

Zeus win this, but WBH won against Odin with the free shots according to you? Lol

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Zeus win this, but WBH won against Odin with the free shots according to you? Lol

Wrong

PillarofOsiris
Zeus wins...easily.

WBH stomps.

JakeTheBank
Zeus wins...easily.

Originally posted by DickBlazer
Lol at Zeus possibly being killed. He would wreck thor

Seriously, I think some people either don't know what kind of a damage a free Godblast would do to Zeus or how grossly amped Thor is with the gear given to him in the OP or are just trolling.

Based on what actual feats or on panel evidence does Zeus possibly win this, let alone easily?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Nihilist
The fact he easily beat the crap out of Hulk of course

Ugh, I really hope that's not the basis for why Zeus wins in the minds of some.

Cogito
Seriously, I think some people either don't know what kind of a damage a free Godblast would do to Zeus or how grossly amped Thor is with the gear given to him in the OP or are just trolling.

Based on what actual feats or on panel evidence does Zeus possibly win this, let alone easily?

thumb up

Thor's Godblast did more damage to a more powerful opponent (Exitar) than Odin did against Exitar.

To think that Zeus would shrug if off borders on lunacy

Sixth_Winged
Is Zeus aware he is getting godblasted or is just stationary but able to brace for it?

Going with Thor atm.

Heavenly king
Zeus wins

JakeTheBank
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir181-Godblastv212.jpg

There's no way Zeus is going to be in good shape after taking one of these before the fight starts in earnest. Any claims to the contrary are, as Cogito stated, bordering on lunacy. That was a legitimate Skyfather being Thor effectively crippled: Zelia was the head of her pantheon and had siphoned all of the Dark Gods' energy unto herself IN ADDITION to the energy she had stolen from Odin.

And again, this is without factoring in that for the rest of the match, Thor is significantly amped due to his gear.

How does Zeus win this or "wreck" Thor?

pym-ftw
I think that Zeus goes down to the GB

The Sorrow
IIRC Thor stated he wouldn't be able to stop Ego with a godblast, isn't Zeus = or > Ego?

JakeTheBank
If you're referring to Astonishing Thor, Thor actually said he could Godblast Ego, which would put him down for a time, claiming that he did it once and as such could do it again. You may be thinking of his later statement in which he claimed that not even Mjolnir could atomize a planet, which doesn't change the fact that Thor clearly possesses power to destroy a planet historically and he hasn't been depowered at all.

Even if the opposite were true and Thor claimed he couldn't Godblast Ego, there's the fact that on panel, we clearly see the effect a Godblast has on a powerful skyfather being, who by my recollections, would have been overall more powerful than Zeus is generally at the time.

The Sorrow
If you're referring to Astonishing Thor, Thor actually said he could Godblast Ego, which would put him down for a time, claiming that he did it once and as such could do it again.

Even if the opposite were true and Thor claimed he couldn't Godblast Ego, there's the fact that on panel, we clearly see the effect a Godblast has on a powerful skyfather being.
Yeah that's the one, I'd have to read it again but i'm pretty sure I remember Thor stating that.

We've also seen it fail to outright defeat a skyfather straight up too (Surtur) and a hungry/weakened Galactus was able to survive one (although it did cause him to flee), no doubt Zeus would be affected by it but I don't see a gb "crippling" him or likewise messing him up severely unless he has to tank it with no amps. Not sure if that was the intention by the thread starter.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Yeah that's the one, I'd have to read it again but i'm pretty sure I remember Thor stating that.

We've also seen it fail to outright defeat a skyfather straight up too (Surtur) and a hungry/weakened Galactus was able to survive one (although it did cause him to flee), no doubt Zeus would be affected by it but I don't see a gb "crippling" him or likewise messing him up severely unless he has to tank it with no amps. Not sure if that was the intention by the thread starter.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/ThorrefersGodblast.jpg <--- there's the scan in which Thor references Godblasting Ego

Which Godblast on Surtur are you referring to? Because the time he Godblasted Surtur (and Ymir), he basically warped them to another dimension entirely. You're not thinking of when Thor hurled Mjolnir with the power of a 1000 suns or anything at him, are you? As far as Galactus goes, he left in fear of his life, which doesn't bode well for Zeus at all.

A Godblast crippled a skyfather who had the power of her entire pantheon amalgamated to herself as well as a great deal of Odin's own power. Said skyfather, or skymother, I guess in Zelia's, and her pantheon was able to invade forcibly invade Olympus and cause massive destruction putting her base levels as equalish to Zeus/Odin.

We have evidence that the godblast can, has, and will grievously harm skyfather beings. There's no evidence that has been presented whatsoever of Zeus being able to tank that without being seriously hurt. Even less evidence to suggest him being able to fight a grossly amped Thor in H2H and wreck him.

Mindset
The GB would hurt Zeus.

Then Zeus would kill Thor.

Facts.

JakeTheBank
He'd be hurt to the point where mustering up a strong offense in H2H is going to be extremely unlikely given the feats of the Godblast. Thor, on the other hand, is going to be amped by a significant portion of the Odin Force with that gear given to him in the OP and he's going to finish the job and beat Zeus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A powerful enough God Blast would end the fight from the get go. At it's most powerful it could outright kill Zeus.

Odin and Galactus should be wary of an unleashed God Blast, much less Zeus who has no way where near the feats they posses and much lower showings.

He'd also beat Zeus down in a fight with the gear he's rocking, God Blast or not. Assuming it's the one he used against the Thanosi who was going to kill the Universe.

The Sorrow
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/ThorrefersGodblast.jpg <--- there's the scan in which Thor references Godblasting Ego

Which Godblast on Surtur are you referring to? Because the time he Godblasted Surtur (and Ymir), he basically warped them to another dimension entirely. You're not thinking of when Thor hurled Mjolnir with the power of a 1000 suns or anything at him, are you? As far as Galactus goes, he left in fear of his life, which doesn't bode well for Zeus at all.

A Godblast crippled a skyfather who had the power of her entire pantheon amalgamated to herself as well as a great deal of Odin's own power. Said skyfather, or skymother, I guess in Zelia's, and her pantheon was able to invade forcibly invade Olympus and cause massive destruction putting her base levels as equalish to Zeus/Odin.

We have evidence that the godblast can, has, and will grievously harm skyfather beings. There's no evidence that has been presented whatsoever of Zeus being able to tank that without being seriously hurt. Even less evidence to suggest him being able to fight a grossly amped Thor in H2H and wreck him.
Yeah that's the scan, ultimately he believed the GB wouldn't stop Ego, who from what I've seen is < the elite skyfathers.

When he hit Surtur and Ymir it BFR'd them but never actually physically defeated them, a weakened/hungry Galactus generally is also < elite skyfather level and he was able to survive the initial attack. Wasn't that an "amped" godblast aswell? I recall it wasn't a typical style gb at least.

With regards to Zelia, the GB didn't seem to cause her great damage, it certainly didn't stop or "cripple" her. By your own admission you believed she was somewhere around Zeus/Odin and yet Thor's final attack didn't put her away. I agree in that the "Zeus wins easy" claims are a stretch but it isn't unreasonable at all to believe he wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The God Blast would have knocked Ego out. Where Ego stands depends on the writer, he can go from below Thanos to his near Odin/Galactus level (Based on the lip service and how his power level was treated, IIRC writer compared him to Galactus in power, closer to the latter).

You'd be hard pressed to prove that the Galactus Thor defeated wasn't at least on Zeus' level. He wasn't starving and was operating on a level as high as any Zeus has ever been on.

The God Blast blew a hole through Zelia's chest and left her on the ground for defenseless. Such an attack would at the very least cripple Zeus something fierce, he'd be out of the fight if not dead. Zelia was also in control of greater amounts of energy than Zeus has at his disposal.

I'm extremely curious as to why you think Zeus can take a God Blast and remain standing. What showings are you basing this on?

JakeTheBank
Yeah that's the scan, ultimately he believed the GB wouldn't stop Ego, who from what I've seen is < the elite skyfathers.

When he hit Surtur and Ymir it BFR'd them but never actually physically defeated them, a weakened/hungry Galactus generally is also < elite skyfather level and he was able to survive the initial attack. Wasn't that an "amped" godblast aswell? I recall it wasn't a typical style gb at least.

With regards to Zelia, the GB didn't seem to cause her great damage, it certainly didn't stop or "cripple" her. By your own admission you believed she was somewhere around Zeus/Odin and yet Thor's final attack didn't put her away. I agree in that the "Zeus wins easy" claims are a stretch but it isn't unreasonable at all to believe he wins.

He felt the Godblast would hinder him significantly enough to the point where Ego would be more inclined to talk. Ego, like many cosmic beings, has showings which fluctuate from being >= high heralds to being more in like with beings such as Galactus. In any case, how the Godblast would've ultimately phased Ego is anyone's guess (including Thor's per Astonishing Thor), but a statement means little in the way of actual on panel evidence.

Surtur/Ymir being forcibly warped to another dimension by a Godblast should tell you just how potent it is. Two skyfather beings and peers to Odin were transported against their own will. Further more, the Godblast there was a glorified BFR attempt and not the same as the type he's done before historically. As far as Galactus goes, him fleeing for fear of his life is again not anything that discredits the GB or makes Zeus look better, starving or not.

I suppose I should have posted the next scan instead of assuming everyone knew what happened next or taking my word for it.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/ZeliaCrippled.jpg

Zelia was clearly crippled, laying there bleeding out excess energy and stammering before a very weakened and drained Odin grabbed her and took back his energy before scattering her across solar winds (which I can also post if needbe). And she amped by her entire pantheon + Odin/Asgard's energies. That makes her clearly > Zeus.

It's extremely questionable to think Zeus wins after getting hit with a Godblast - which is going to seriously hurt him - and forcing him to fight in H2H only against Thor, who again - and I'm not sure why this is being ignored or dismissed - significantly amped. To get to such a conclusion is, imo, pretty silly.

The fact that no one is posting any Zeus feats or even citing any is also telling in of itself.

ctsketch
I want to see a god blast in Thor 2 or Avengers 2!

Mindset
A powerful enough God Blast would end the fight from the get go. At it's most powerful it could outright kill Zeus.

Odin and Galactus should be wary of an unleashed God Blast, much less Zeus who has no way where near the feats they posses and much lower showings.

He'd also beat Zeus down in a fight with the gear he's rocking, God Blast or not. Assuming it's the one he used against the Thanosi who was going to kill the Universe. You're delusional and stupid.

Reported.

JakeTheBank
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Odinforceampedgear.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Odinforceampedgear2.jpg

^ That is the gear the OP is referring to, which enabled Thor to fight a likewise grossly amped Thanosi and win. Granted, Thor had Mjolnir to use, but so did the Thanosi have his planetary destroying power as well.

A Zeus who just got hit by a Godblast and is now restricted to H2H is supposed to beat that Thor?

Heavenly king
Zeus is very high on the food chain of sky fathers no god blast is going to kill him nor k.o. It wouldn't even hurt him or knock him off his feat. Zeus is equal in power to Odin so going by this logic, Thor can do the same to Odin

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Heavenly king
Zeus is very high on the food chain of sky fathers no god blast is going to kill him nor k.o. It wouldn't even hurt him or knock him off his feat. Zeus is equal in power to Odin so going by this logic, Thor can do the same to Odin

It wouldn't even hurt him? no expression

No offense, but did you even look at the scans posted here? Thor's Godblast messed up a skyfather who was easily at Odin's level, if not above (seeing as how she stole his power to add to her own, which was amped by her entire pantheon).

There's absolutely no room for debate that a Godblast would hurt Zeus significantly especially when we see it blast through a being who by all rights was more powerful than Zeus is under his own power.

And yes, actually. If Odin took a Godblast from Thor, it would hurt him, too. It certainly hurt a being who stole most of his energy.

Heavenly king
thanos also took a blast as well and it send him flying

JakeTheBank
thanos also took a blast as well and it send him flying

Thanos never took a Godblast from Thor.

Heavenly king
Thanos never took a Godblast from Thor.

yea you're right. I never thought anything great from Zelia any ways. When I look at that feat it just was a great way to show of Thor's power.

NemeBro
That's sort of what feats are.

JakeTheBank
Zelia made Odin her prisoner, took over Asgard, and stole most of his power.

Those are some pretty good feats. And her being effected by the Godblast, which is basically Thor's "Hail Mary" attack doesn't make her weak or less formidable.

The Godblast is just that potent.

Heavenly king
Zelia made Odin her prisoner, took over Asgard, and stole most of his power.

Those are some pretty good feats. And her being effected by the Godblast, which is basically Thor's "Hail Mary" attack doesn't make her weak or less formidable.

The Godblast is just that potent.

true they are good feats. but for her to take odin's power and the get one shot by thor is a little funny don't you think??

JakeTheBank
true they are good feats. but for her to take odin's power and the get one shot by thor is a little funny don't you think??

It's not the fact that she was one shot by Thor, but rather the fact that she was effectively rendered ineffective due to Thor's single most powerful attack which is exponentially more powerful than his standard hammer throws or lightning blasts.

Historically, Thor's Godblast has always been capable of doing a number on characters which are overall more powerful than he is.

I mean, it's the sum of his godly energy focused and amplified through a weapon which is enchanted by the Odin Force itself.

Stoic
That blast was also shot off by a regular unamped Thor. In this thread Thor has his belt, and gauntlets which would make his blast even more powerful. Yeah Zeus may not survive the first volley, and if he does, he'd be pummeled into a puddle soon after.

h1a8
The God Blast would have knocked Ego out. Where Ego stands depends on the writer, he can go from below Thanos to his near Odin/Galactus level (Based on the lip service and how his power level was treated, IIRC writer compared him to Galactus in power, closer to the latter).

You'd be hard pressed to prove that the Galactus Thor defeated wasn't at least on Zeus' level. He wasn't starving and was operating on a level as high as any Zeus has ever been on.

The God Blast blew a hole through Zelia's chest and left her on the ground for defenseless. Such an attack would at the very least cripple Zeus something fierce, he'd be out of the fight if not dead. Zelia was also in control of greater amounts of energy than Zeus has at his disposal.

I'm extremely curious as to why you think Zeus can take a God Blast and remain standing. What showings are you basing this on? IMO power is not durability. Just because someone has more power doesnt mean they are more durable. Also some of the GB showings are PIS. For example, the Exitar feat is PIS. So eliminating PIS I say Zues would be hurt badly and not killed. But don't forget that Zeus will heal very quickly and be as good as new in no time. He can reconstruct his entire being on a whim. That's part of his immortality

Damborgson
Originally posted by h1a8
IMO power is not durability. Just because someone has more power doesnt mean they are more durable. Also some of the GB showings are PIS. For example, the Exitar feat is PIS. So eliminating PIS I say Zues would be hurt badly and not killed. But don't forget that Zeus will heal very quickly and be as good as new in no time. He can reconstruct his entire being on a whim. That's part of his immortality

It's a display of power. Not PIS.

celeyhyga17
How bout this godblas??
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsJuggernaut07.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsJuggernaut08.jpg
muahahahha..
stick out tongue

Stoic
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
How bout this godblas??
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsJuggernaut07.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsJuggernaut08.jpg
muahahahha..
stick out tongue

That was at a time when the Juggernaut was a true monster though. It could easily be argued that his durability was greater than Zeus'.

Mindset
Originally posted by Stoic
That was at a time when the Juggernaut was a true monster though. It could easily be argued that his durability was greater than Zeus'. Or even Galactus'.

The Sorrow
So the Godblast can one-shot elite skyfathers that's the general opinion? Nothing Zelia did suggested she was more powerful than Odin/Zeus. In the scan that was posted the GB didn't defeat her either, she is clearly still talking and threatens to strike back at Thor until Odin drains her power.

People seem to be forgetting Zeus can amp his durability/strength to beyond a double amped Thor, amp his own attacks, can alter his size and is an expert in h2h.

JakeTheBank
She took over Asgard and stole Odin's power. The fact that she succeeded in invading Asgard and imprisoning Odin cements the fact that, yes, she is, at base levels, a rival/peer to Odin (and Zeus, whose realm she also forcibly invaded). She then took on the energy of her entire pantheon. I mean, at this point, it's clear that she was more powerful than Zeus is at his typical levels. I'm not even sure how that can be disputed?

The Godblast blew a hole through her and had her virtually helpless on the ground. no expression It didn't kill her, but she was out of the fight and her blustering ramblings don't discount that. I mean, she was weakened to the point where Odin (who was drained of his power) was able to seize her and take what was left by force. Her talking and threatening Thor doesn't take away from the fact that the Godblast completely and utterly messed her up and it doesn't make sense to assume anything else if you read the entire Dark Gods saga by Jurgens.

That's nice and all, but the initial Godblast is going to seriously harm him at the least (no can argue that) and Thor's amps (which go beyond double his physical strength due to the fact that the Odin Force itself is imbued in his gear and courses through his body) are going to boost him to Trans+ level in melee anyway.

In order to make a claim for anything but Zeus being grievously hurt, you'd have to ignore the feats of the Godblast, Thor's gear, and cite some feats of Zeus I certainly never seen to justify it.

The Sorrow
She took over Asgard and stole Odin's power. The fact that she succeeded in invading Asgard and imprisoning Odin cements the fact that, yes, she is, at base levels, a rival/peer to Odin (and Zeus, whose realm she also forcibly invaded). She then took on the energy of her entire pantheon. I mean, at this point, it's clear that she was more powerful than Zeus is at his typical levels. I'm not even sure how that can be disputed?

The Godblast blew a hole through her and had her virtually helpless on the ground. no expression It didn't kill her, but she was out of the fight and her blustering ramblings don't discount that. I mean, she was weakened to the point where Odin (who was drained of his power) was able to seize her and take what was left by force. Her talking and threatening Thor doesn't take away from the fact that the Godblast completely and utterly messed her up and it doesn't make sense to assume anything else if you read the entire Dark Gods saga by Jurgens.

That's nice and all, but the initial Godblast is going to seriously harm him at the least (no can argue that) and Thor's amps (which go beyond double his physical strength due to the fact that the Odin Force itself is imbued in his gear and courses through his body) are going to boost him to Trans+ level in melee anyway.

In order to make a claim for anything but Zeus being grievously hurt, you'd have to ignore the feats of the Godblast, Thor's gear, and cite some feats of Zeus I certainly never seen to justify it.
Odin has already beaten her aswell and banished her Pantheon from Asgard. It's not like she beat Odin fair and square anyway. She leeched some of his power, chained him up and had him tortured for weeks, yet he was still was able to stand up to her power when he was set free. IIRC when they invaded Olympus the Dark Gods had to use deception, and attacked when Zeus wasn't there. I remember reading a scene which implied she was wary of Zeus' power.

Where is the hole in her chest? When she hits the ground no hole is shown. If she was that messed up Odin wouldn't have needed to end the threat, the dialogue actually contradicts your view on those final scenes tbh. There's the thing, Odin wasn't completely drained of power, weakened yes, but he was able to fight alongside Thor at one point, him forcibly draining Zelia after she just ate a GB is certainly feasible.

I've never believed that the godblast wouldn't affect Zeus, only a someone clueless about Thor would think so, not unless Zeus shielded himself or something. The amp Thor gained from the OF was ambiguous and this is indisputable, no doubt Thor was powerful but to suggest he could defeat an elite skyfather in h2h is a bit of a stretch imo. We didn't see enough of him. I think it would be a hard-fought win for Zeus personally.

celeyhyga17
That was at a time when the Juggernaut was a true monster though. It could easily be argued that his durability was greater than Zeus'.

I know, but giving Goldilocks the win here just doesn't feel right!!!! mad

Frukkin godblast... Belt of str ain't gonna do much since Zeus gonna amp the frukk up. Shield and gloves will help though... But bleh with this godlbast business.

lft4ded
With the dearth of evidence I'd lean towards at least 7/10 in Thor's favor.

Heavenly king
Odin has already beaten her aswell and banished her Pantheon from Asgard. It's not like she beat Odin fair and square anyway. She leeched some of his power, chained him up and had him tortured for weeks, yet he was still was able to stand up to her power when he was set free. IIRC when they invaded Olympus the Dark Gods had to use deception, and attacked when Zeus wasn't there. I remember reading a scene which implied she was wary of Zeus' power.

Where is the hole in her chest? When she hits the ground no hole is shown. If she was that messed up Odin wouldn't have needed to end the threat, the dialogue actually contradicts your view on those final scenes tbh. There's the thing, Odin wasn't completely drained of power, weakened yes, but he was able to fight alongside Thor at one point, him forcibly draining Zelia after she just ate a GB is certainly feasible.

I've never believed that the godblast wouldn't affect Zeus, only a someone clueless about Thor would think so, not unless Zeus shielded himself or something. The amp Thor gained from the OF was ambiguous and this is indisputable, no doubt Thor was powerful but to suggest he could defeat an elite skyfather in h2h is a bit of a stretch imo. We didn't see enough of him. I think it would be a hard-fought win for Zeus personally.

rock rock rock rock

vince_slice
Thor has a shot at winning. The god blast will injure Zeus. The enchanted gear allowed Thor to contend with and beat an amped Thanosi, who was probably at least skyfather level. Depending on how injured Zeus is after the GB, Thor has a chance to win.

h1a8
Originally posted by Damborgson
It's a display of power. Not PIS.

BS
It would imply that Thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin+Asgard+2000ftDestroyer at the same time.

the Darkone
Thor wins, hands down!

Zeus being hit by a powerful God-blast that he cant defend and reduce to h2h against Thor w/amp belt of strength, shield and gauntlets, Thor would jump all over Zeus and KO him, God-blast is one the most constant moves Thor has in his arsenal, only one that tanked it was Juggernaut and that was due to Cytorrak enchantment.

Too say Zeus will still win is lunacy, and show that person mentally unwell!

PillarofOsiris
So basically, what a lot of people are saying here, is if Thor has his belt, gauntlets, and shield, and manages to get off a godblast right off the bat, he can beat a skyfather? I'm not sure I can agree with that. The only thing that makes me lean towards Thor here is the H2H stip.

the Darkone
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
So basically, what a lot of people are saying here, is if Thor has his belt, gauntlets, and shield, and manages to get off a godblast right off the bat, he can beat a skyfather? I'm not sure I can agree with that. The only thing that makes me lean towards Thor here is the H2H stip.
Read op, the gear Thor gets is the same one he fought against Thanosi, which was amp by the Odin Force, Thor gets a free shot on him with God Blast, Zeus isn't winning especially in h2h. If you take into count the damage the God blast has done on sky father level beings and above, Zeus will lose in the end.

TheGodKiller
So the Godblast can one-shot elite skyfathers that's the general opinion?
This may not be one-shotting , but the GB ended up forcefully BFRing TWO elite skyfather-level beings :
http://imageshack.us/a/img15/3445/thorbfrsurturymir1.th.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img51/1471/thorbfrsurturymir2.th.jpg

Where is the hole in her chest? When she hits the ground no hole is shown.
Yup , and before she hits the ground , the GB is shown blasting straight through her chest/upperbody region .
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/8346/thorbeatszelia1.th.jpg
She may have regenerated the physical damage from the attack , but it clearly crippled her , affected her so badly that a weak , frail, broken and tormented Odin was able grab her and forcefully take back the power which she leeched of from him .

The Sorrow
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
This may not be one-shotting , but the GB ended up forcefully BFRing TWO elite skyfather-level beings :
http://imageshack.us/a/img15/3445/thorbfrsurturymir1.th.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img51/1471/thorbfrsurturymir2.th.jpg

Yup , and before she hits the ground , the GB is shown blasting straight through her chest/upperbody region .
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/8346/thorbeatszelia1.th.jpg
She may have regenerated the physical damage from the attack , but it clearly crippled her , affected her so badly that a weak , frail, broken and tormented Odin was able grab her and forcefully take back the power which she leeched of from him .
A BFR that was made possible by the Twilight Sword and as such has no bearing here, it certainly didn't kill Ymir or Surtur.

Odin was fighting alongside the Destroyer armour and Hercules while being attacked by Zelia who at that point had absorbed her pantheon's energies into herself, lol @ him being "frail" and "broken".
I agree in part, I believe she was regenerating/recovering from the godblast but she clearly wasn't defeated, it reminds me a little of the most recent Odin v Galactus fight. Odin seemed to hurt Galactus quite badly by taxing him with TP and the almighty headbutt but ultimately Big G was able to recover the damage as if it never happened. That seemed to be the case in the Zelia instance, had Odin not intervened when he did her war on Asgard would not have ended.

JakeTheBank
I think the best and fair thing to do is to cite or post some Zeus showings that would suggest him being well enough after a Godblast to fight an incredibly amped Thor in only H2H and win or even put up enough of a fight to justify Thor not winning decisively, which, all things considered, he likely would.

Personally, I feel myself and others have made more than a solid enough case using on panel evidence and feats in favor of Thor per the OP's stips. And from what I'm reading, people are thinking that Zeus' status as a skyfather as the reason why they're hesitant on giving Thor, even amped and getting a free Godblast the win.

Unfortunately, we have actual on panel evidence of what the Godblast is consistently capable of (including going through an actual skyfather - who is amped by her entire pantheon + Odin's own power) and what level the Odin Force enchanted gear took him to (matching an amped Thanosi who was clearly above the power levels of a "standard" Thanos).

Tbh, the counter-argument of "Zeus is a skyfather" doesn't really hold much weight in this thread as we know that even skyfathers can and will get rocked by the Godblast to say nothing of an amped Thor in melee.

the Darkone
Doesnt change the fact that the God blast harms sky father and above, and with weapons amp by the Odin force this fight favors Thor!

JakeTheBank
I mean, we have on panel evidence of Thor's Godblast severely damaging an actual skyfather, who by all rights, is at least on Zeus' level after amalgamating her entire pantheon and stealing a majority of Odin's power.

We also have on panel evidence of Odin Force amped gear wearing Thor taking on a Thanosi who was a universal threat (penned by the same writer, Dan Jurgens, who also wrote Thor blasting Zelia).

At this point, it really can't be clearer who wins this. And that's without factoring in the other displays of the Godblast (which even at its weakest, would likely harm Zeus enough to give Thor a considerable edge).

TheGodKiller
A BFR that was made possible by the Twilight Sword and as such has no bearing here, it certainly didn't kill Ymir or Surtur.

Odin was fighting alongside the Destroyer armour and Hercules while being attacked by Zelia who at that point had absorbed her pantheon's energies into herself, lol @ him being "frail" and "broken".
I agree in part, I believe she was regenerating/recovering from the godblast but she clearly wasn't defeated, it reminds me a little of the most recent Odin v Galactus fight. Odin seemed to hurt Galactus quite badly by taxing him with TP and the almighty headbutt but ultimately Big G was able to recover the damage as if it never happened. That seemed to be the case in the Zelia instance, had Odin not intervened when he did her war on Asgard would not have ended.
Your point ? It was still the Godblast's own energy , and it was already capable of ripping open the fabric of the universe .
I already agreed that it didn't one-shot or hurt either of them(since you know it wasn't even focused on them) .

Nope , her pantheon was merged into a single giant monster which then fought the heroes . She didn't absorb their energies into herself , or anything of the sort .
http://imageshack.us/a/img9/9442/zeliaunifiedmonster.th.gif

So you're saying that he was completely fine after having his power drained from him and then imprisoned and (from the looks of it) tortured by her for days ? Makes sense .

Except for the part in which she was still on the ground and clearly injured . Its crystal clear that Thor's godblast took most of the fight out from her , since she wasn't even able to fight back when a weakened , power-drained Odin was able to restrain her and take back his power from her against her will .

Odin won the day only thanks to Thor , just as was the case in their original battle with the Dark Gods .

The Sorrow
Your point ? It was still the Godblast's own energy , and it was already capable of ripping open the fabric of the universe .
I already agreed that it didn't one-shot or hurt either of them(since you know it wasn't even focused on them) .

Nope , her pantheon was merged into a single giant monster which then fought the heroes . She didn't absorb their energies into herself , or anything of the sort .
http://imageshack.us/a/img9/9442/zeliaunifiedmonster.th.gif

So you're saying that he was completely fine after having his power drained from him and then imprisoned and (from the looks of it) tortured by her for days ? Makes sense .

Except for the part in which she was still on the ground and clearly injured . Its crystal clear that Thor's godblast took most of the fight out from her , since she wasn't even able to fight back when a weakened , power-drained Odin was able to restrain her and take back his power from her against her will .

Odin won the day only thanks to Thor , just as was the case in their original battle with the Dark Gods .
That it has no bearing here.

Either way Odin took blasts from the totality of her power so he clearly wasn't as weakened as is being made out. The amount of energy she drained from Odin is also ambiguous, I don't recall it ever being stated or shown that she drained "most of Odin's power". The Dark Gods went out their way to make sure Zeus didn't get involved in their war for a reason.

If that godblast scene was clear then there would be no room for interpretation but there is. Reading that scene I didn't get the impression she was defeated, when you're badly injured you generally don't talk as if whatever attack you sustained was a small setback. Again there would also have been no need for Odin to divebomb her like that if she was truly done for. Whatever (if any) injuries Thor inflicted in that scene would have been temporary.

Stoic

Frukkin godblast... Belt of str ain't gonna do much since Zeus gonna amp the frukk up. Shield and gloves will help though... But bleh with this godlbast business.

Yeah but, everything about Thor would be amplified out the a$$. Mjolnir would hit harder, as would his G-Blast. The Mighty Thor 25 states this, and it has become proven that the more Odin Force that Thor has to work with allows for the hammer to become more powerful. With all of that gear, and the free shot, I just can't see how Zeus wouldn't be thoroughly crippled from the start of the match. And then while he is lying on the ground trying to get it together, Thor is upon him raining down murder.

JakeTheBank
Yeah but, everything about Thor would be amplified out the a$$. Mjolnir would hit harder, as would his G-Blast. The Mighty Thor 25 states this, and it has become proven that the more Odin Force that Thor has to work with allows for the hammer to become more powerful. With all of that gear, and the free shot, I just can't see how Zeus wouldn't be thoroughly crippled from the start of the match. And then while he is lying on the ground trying to get it together, Thor is upon him raining down murder.

thumb up

I wouldn't dream of quantifying how much stronger Thor would become overall than the normal x2 strength the belt normally gives him, but he was amped with a considerable amount of the Odin Force on top of that, and anyone with any passing knowledge of Thor comics knows that even a trace amount of the Odin Force greatly increases the user's durability and overall power.

Heimdall was given a small portion of it in the small time he served as ruler of Asgard, and he was no selling Mjolnir strikes to the face. And I'm fairly certain that Odin bestowed more OF to the gear for Thor than he did to Heimdall.

carver9

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5863060/Incredible_Hulks_622_006.jpg.html

Kind of like this scene when he was amping up.

JakeTheBank
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5863060/Incredible_Hulks_622_006.jpg.html

Kind of like this scene when he was amping up.

And this proves...what?

iceman24567
And this proves...what? It proves Hulk something something or another

h1a8
I think the best and fair thing to do is to cite or post some Zeus showings that would suggest him being well enough after a Godblast to fight an incredibly amped Thor in only H2H and win or even put up enough of a fight to justify Thor not winning decisively, which, all things considered, he likely would.

Personally, I feel myself and others have made more than a solid enough case using on panel evidence and feats in favor of Thor per the OP's stips. And from what I'm reading, people are thinking that Zeus' status as a skyfather as the reason why they're hesitant on giving Thor, even amped and getting a free Godblast the win.

Unfortunately, we have actual on panel evidence of what the Godblast is consistently capable of (including going through an actual skyfather - who is amped by her entire pantheon + Odin's own power) and what level the Odin Force enchanted gear took him to (matching an amped Thanosi who was clearly above the power levels of a "standard" Thanos).

Tbh, the counter-argument of "Zeus is a skyfather" doesn't really hold much weight in this thread as we know that even skyfathers can and will get rocked by the Godblast to say nothing of an amped Thor in melee.

But your argument is flawed. It assumes level of durability is the same as level of power. Just because someone has some (not all) of Odin's power and other power doesn't prove their durability. They must prove it through feats of durability.

By your argument Thor can kill Odin with a GB. You once criticized me for saying that King Thor, etc. can't damage WBH directly. But you provided no proof of him doing an attack where it was shown to surpassed the power that WBH felt when he collided. You were using the classic skyfather argument you are debating against now.

Also, the Exitar GB feat cannot be used as it is PIS. What else do we have for GB feats?

TheGodKiller

carver9
And this proves...what?

Nothing. It just shows Zeus amping his stats which he would probably do here.

JakeTheBank
But your argument is flawed. It assumes level of durability is the same as level of power. Just because someone has some (not all) of Odin's power and other power doesn't prove their durability. They must prove it through feats of durability.

By your argument Thor can kill Odin with a GB. You once criticized me for saying that King Thor, etc. can't damage WBH directly. But you provided no proof to him doing an attack where it was shown to surpassed the power that WBH felt when he collided. You were using the classic skyfather argument you are debating against now.

Also, the Exitar GB feat cannot be used as it is PIS. What else do we have for GB feats?

no expression

That's asinine. Zelia took on the vast majority of Odin's power (ie. the Odin Force, which clearly on panel amplifies durability of its user) in addition to her own power, which is already enough to be a rival of Odin seeing as she took him as prisoner and stole his power. We saw how the Godblast ripped through her. And the idea that Zeus would somehow not be in as bad shape or somehow not be adversely effected to a significant degree is ridiculous as all hell and certainly not based off any Zeus feat (which have yet to be posted).

Where did I say Odin would be killed by the Godblast? By feats, Odin would be hurt if he took a Godblast. No one with any real knowledge of either character would deny this. Localized and focused power attacks =/= colleteral damage. Just because high end focused attacks such as an Omega Effect, or Odin Force amplified Mjolnir throw, or Krona Buster, or Voidtry's molecular manipulation don't blow up a planet doesn't mean their power is any less potent. Planets are also far less durable than heralds when it comes to their material. Them being bigger and composed of much greater mass doesn't change that. And for the record, your argument was ridiculed by not just me and the vast majority of KMC because you somehow think the likes of RKT couldn't hope to effect WBH directly, which is one of the most deluded thoughts ever posted on the matter.

How is the Exitar showing PIS? It's an extremely high end feat for Thor using the Godblast, which in of itself, is an extremely high end attack for Thor to begin with which dwarfs virtually everything else in his powerset, in spite of its smaller scale.

-Thor's blasted a hole and effectively neutralized Zelia with a Godblast.
-He cracked Exitar's dome with it (you not liking it doesn't make it PIS, especially when beings such as Thor have a history of performing absurd high end feats normally outside of their "tier"wink.
-He provided enough energy to uphold 1/4 of Marvel's multiversal walls of reality from collapsing.
-He scared off Galactus who was in fear for his life.
-He forcibly warped two beings who rival Odin in power into another dimension.
-He slew the Midgard Serpent by channeling his life force and Mjolnir together as one.

The fact that we're arguing against Thor's Godblast seriously phucking up Zeus is insane.

And until someone posts a durability or recovery feat from Zeus to justify him being okay enough to handle a grossly amped Thor in H2H, there's no reason to dismiss on-panel evidence in favor of "Well, it doesn't sound right for Thor to ever beat Zeus because he's a skyfather".

JakeTheBank
Nothing. It just shows Zeus amping his stats which he would probably do here.

Sure, he probably would.

Of course, he'd be FUBUR'd after taking a Godblast and has no feats to get around this fact, let alone being able to handle an amped Thor in H2H only.

the Darkone
no expression

That's asinine. Zelia took on the vast majority of Odin's power (ie. the Odin Force, which clearly on panel amplifies durability of its user) in addition to her own power, which is already enough to be a rival of Odin seeing as she took him as prisoner and stole his power. We saw how the Godblast ripped through her. And the idea that Zeus would somehow not be in as bad shape or somehow not be adversely effected to a significant degree is ridiculous as all hell and certainly not based off any Zeus feat (which have yet to be posted).

Where did I say Odin would be killed by the Godblast? By feats, Odin would be hurt if he took a Godblast. No one with any real knowledge of either character would deny this. Localized and focused power attacks =/= colleteral damage. Just because high end focused attacks such as an Omega Effect, or Odin Force amplified Mjolnir throw, or Krona Buster, or Voidtry's molecular manipulation don't blow up a planet doesn't mean their power is any less potent. Planets are also far less durable than heralds when it comes to their material. Them being bigger and composed of much greater mass doesn't change that. And for the record, your argument was ridiculed by not just me and the vast majority of KMC because you somehow think the likes of RKT couldn't hope to effect WBH directly, which is one of the most deluded thoughts ever posted on the matter.

How is the Exitar showing PIS? It's an extremely high end feat for Thor using the Godblast, which in of itself, is an extremely high end attack for Thor to begin with which dwarfs virtually everything else in his powerset, in spite of its smaller scale.

-Thor's blasted a hole and effectively neutralized Zelia with a Godblast.
-He cracked Exitar's dome with it (you not liking it doesn't make it PIS, especially when beings such as Thor have a history of performing absurd high end feats normally outside of their "tier"wink.
-He provided enough energy to uphold 1/4 of Marvel's multiversal walls of reality from collapsing.
-He scared off Galactus who was in fear for his life.
-He forcibly warped two beings who rival Odin in power into another dimension.
-He slew the Midgard Serpent by channeling his life force and Mjolnir together as one.

The fact that we're arguing against Thor's Godblast seriously phucking up Zeus is insane.

And until someone posts a durability or recovery feat from Zeus to justify him being okay enough to handle a grossly amped Thor in H2H, there's no reason to dismiss on-panel evidence in favor of "Well, it doesn't sound right for Thor to ever beat Zeus because he's a skyfather".

thumb up

carver9
Sure, he probably would.

Of course, he'd be FUBUR'd after taking a Godblast and has no feats to get around this fact, let alone being able to handle an amped Thor in H2H only.

You don't think Zeus can handle Thor strength amplified x10? I think he would physically destroy him with only an amp of that significance. The GB is the key factor here and people are making legit arguments on both sides.

JakeTheBank
You don't think Zeus can handle Thor strength amplified x10? I think he would physically destroy him with only an amp of that significance. The GB is the key factor here and people are making legit arguments on both sides.

Not after the Godblast, no. Especially considering how that Thor fared against a Thanosi who was about to destroy the universe and destroyed a planet without any effort. I'd say the gear amped with the Odin Force made Thor powerful enough to be able to contend with Zeus, and nothing Zeus really did on panel suggests he'd physically destroy Thor even without the Godblast (though it's possible he'd win). And that Thor was decisively more powerful than OF Thor, who was firmly trans level.

What legitimate arguments have been made against the Godblast's effectiveness? What feats of Zeus suggest he'd be well enough to fight Thor after that outside of "he's a skyfather"?

carver9
A slightly amped Zeus TANKED an attack from Galactus as if it were nothing. I highly doubt the GB would do the damage you are saying it would do.

the Darkone
A slightly amped Zeus TANKED an attack from Galactus as if it were nothing. I highly doubt the GB would do the damage you are saying it would do.

Zeus tanked a powerful blast from Galactus because he was amp by Chaos King, big difference he won't have that luxury against Thor. Why are using a different Zeus then what is mentioned in thread? GB will mess up Zeus, and leave him vulnerable against Thor onslaught with OF amp weapons.

JakeTheBank

And we saw what a normal Godblast did to a significantly amped Skyfather. On panel. I don't see how you can just outright dismiss actual feats in favor of speculation.

So, unless you can show me a base level Zeus enduring an attack of the Godblast's consistent history of potency, there's no reason to assume that he wouldn't be messed up based off everything the Godblast has done on panel, which is > than a moderate attack from Galactus while being amped by the Chaos King.

Damborgson
So anyway, it'd be arguable whether or not Zeus even survived getting hit with the godblast. If we say he survives, he will most certainly not be in condition to fight an amped to the teeth Thor. There really is nothing more to it.

h1a8
no expression

It still wasn't all of his power. That's moot anyway so let's drop it. Yes the OF can amplify durability but we don't know how much it amped hers (if any). Each character is different. We can't use feat sharing now. But we can give her the benefit of the doubt and say her durability is trans level or above without seeing actual feats but we are not obligated to do so. Plus you are weighing that feat too much in comparison to Thor's other GB feats. IMO this should be weighed no higher than any other of his GB showings.

Vast majority of KMC is false, less than a handful argued against me. Also appeal to majority is a fallacy in itself.

You are correct, we need proof that those localized blasts exceed that of WBH's collision power. We just can't assume it. Collateral damage proves force and power and thus we have proof of what WBH can withstand. But what about RKT? Do we have proof that he can dish out more power (localized or not) than what WBH tanked? Forget the planet, the planet being destroyed wasn't even one billionth of the feat. The planet was a speck of dust to what the real feat was. It was all the beings that were disintegrated that made the feat, not the planet. Even if RKT can disintegrate all those beings at the same time with a single blast then he still can't manage to apply more than billions of times that. WBH took on the force of more than billions times more than the force that disintegrated all those beings. Again you were appealing to status and name, not actual feats, to say my argument is faulty. It is what you are arguing against now. Think about it.

It is PIS because it creates a huge and gross contradiction in Comics and that is Thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin+Asgard+Destroyer. It is the clearest example of PIS. Remember a feat can be so high end that it becomes PIS.

1st feat is where we must first prove her minimum durability. But we can use the benefit of the doubt. I would give her high trans or low skyfather durability without needing feats of durability from her.

2nd feat is PIS and not usable per forum rules. Has nothing to do with what I like but the definition of PIS.

3rd feat had nothing to do with a Godblast in itself or at least the offensive power of it. Plus it is unquantifiable. Who knows how much energy is needed to do that and how much was used in conjunction to Thor's force. Mjolnir has vast energies on it's own.

4th feat isn't enough to proof to show GB can kill Zeus. If you read carefully, no one here ever denied the GB would damage Zeus. Everyone agrees to that. But when anyone says kill him then that's a different story.

I'm not claiming anything here. I'm just pointing out faulty reasoning. You are right though, we also need feats of durability for Zeus. You are more of an expert than me. Do you know of any? I read in Zeus official bios that he can reform his entire being even if his molecular structure is separated. If it is reasonable to give Zelia the benefit of the doubt on her durability then it is reasonable to give Zeus the benefit of the doubt on having nigh control over his being. That means that if he isn't killed then he can repair instantly and be as good as new within a few moments.

h1a8
So anyway, it'd be arguable whether or not Zeus even survived getting hit with the godblast. If we say he survives, he will most certainly not be in condition to fight an amped to the teeth Thor. There really is nothing more to it.
Do Thor fans count as Olympian fans? How come you don't know about Zeus having the ability to instantly reform himself as new within a few moments of time?

the Darkone
It still wasn't all of his power. That's moot anyway so let's drop it. Yes the OF can amplify durability but we don't know how much it amped hers (if any). Each character is different. We can't use feat sharing now. But we can give her the benefit of the doubt and say her durability is trans level or above without seeing actual feats but we are not obligated to do so. Plus you are weighing that feat too much in comparison to Thor's other GB feats. IMO this should be weighed no higher than any other of his GB showings.

Vast majority of KMC is false, less than a handful argued against me. Also appeal to majority is a fallacy in itself.

You are correct, we need proof those localized blasts exceed that of WBH's collision power. We just can't assume it. Collateral damage proves force and power and thus we have proof of what WBH can withstand. But what about RKT? Do we have proof that he can dish out more power (localized or not) than what WBH tanked? Forget the planet, the planet being destroyed wasn't even one billionth of the feat. The planet was a speck of dust to the real feat it was. It was all the beings that were disintegrated that made the feat, not the planet. Even if RKT can disintegrate all those beings at the same time with a single blast then he still can't manage to apply more than billions of times more than that. WBH took on the force of more than billions times more than the force that disintegrated all those beings. Again you were appealing to status and name, not actual feats, to say my argument is faulty. It is what you are arguing against now. Think about it.

It is PIS because it creates a huge and gross contradiction in Comics and that is Thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin+Asgard+Destroyer. It is the clearest example of PIS. Remember a feat can be so high end that it becomes PIS.

1st feat is where we must first prove her minimum durability. But we can use the benefit of the doubt. I would give her high trans or low skyfather durability without needing feats of durability from her.

2nd feat is PIS and not usable per forum rules. Has nothing to do with what I like but the definition of PIS.

3rd feat had nothing to do with a Godblast in itself or at least the offensive power of it. Plus it is unquantifiable. Who knows how much energy is needed to do that and how much was used in conjunction to Thor's force. Mjolnir has vast energies on it's own.

4th feat isn't enough to proof to show GB can kill Zeus. If you read carefully, no one here ever denied the GB would damage Zeus. Everyone agrees to that. But when anyone says kill him then that's a different story.

I'm not claiming anything here. I'm just pointing out faulty reasoning. You are right though, we also need feats of durability for Zeus. You are more of an expert than me. Do you know of any? I read in Zeus official bios that he can reform his entire being even if his molecular structure is separated. If it is reasonable to give Zelia the benefit of the doubt on her durability then it is reasonable to give Zeus the benefit of the doubt on having nigh control over his being. That means that if he isn't killed then he can repair instantly and be as good as new within a few moments.

no

Damborgson
Do Thor fans count as Olympian fans? How come you don't know about Zeus having the ability to instantly reform himself as new within a few moments of time?

Whats that supposed to mean?

Scans.

TheGodKiller
So did Hera and Ares . As per your horrendous logic , they too won't be significantly harmed by the GB .

h1a8
Also even if we entertain the notion of the GB being able to putt a hole through Zeus chest then that doesn't mean he will be killed. He's not human at all. and Plus He can reform right back.

h1a8
Whats that supposed to mean?

Scans. So you disagree that Zeus can do this?

JakeTheBank
Also even if we entertain the notion of the GB being able to putt a hole through Zeus chest then that doesn't mean he will be killed. He's not human at all. and Plus He can reform right back.

Zelia's not human and she didn't reform.

She was also more powerful than Zeus is.

There's not much more to debate on the front unless someone posts a scan of Zeus being able to instantly recover from such an attack.

Damborgson
So you disagree that Zeus can do this?

h1 either provide scans to back up the claim or stfu.

h1a8
h1 either provide scans to back up the claim or stfu. I would only do so if you legitimately believe Zeus has no ability to reform himself. If you do then showing scans is a waste of time. I only ask for scans when I don't believe a character can do something.

Do you believe Zeus has that ability?

Damborgson
h1 either provide scans to back up the claim or stfu.

TheGodKiller
Zelia's not human and she didn't reform.

She was also more powerful than Zeus is.

There's not much more to debate on the front unless someone posts a scan of Zeus being able to instantly recover from such an attack.
Apparently she did , since there was no hole anymore when she was on the ground :
http://imageshack.us/a/img37/9264/thorbeatszelia2.th.jpg

That doesn't take away from the fact that the GB phucked her up sufficiently for a weakened/power-drained Odin to take advantage of the whole situation .

So yes , it doesn't make any difference here whether Zeus can repair from physical damage or not . He will still be significantly hurt for an amped Thor like this one , to take advantage of .

JakeTheBank
Apparently she did , since there was no hole anymore when she was on the ground :
http://imageshack.us/a/img37/9264/thorbeatszelia2.th.jpg

That doesn't take away from the fact that the GB phucked her up sufficiently for a weakened/power-drained Odin to take advantage of the whole situation .

Sealing a wound =/= healing from the damage done by it.

But yes, it's clearly obvious Zelia was basically crippled and helpless to stop a severely weakened Odin from seizing her.

And to my knowledge, Zeus has no such feats to argue against the same thing happening to him, let alone when a crazy amped Thor starts punching his face in.

carver9
Originally posted by the Darkone
Zeus tanked a powerful blast from Galactus because he was amp by Chaos King, big difference he won't have that luxury against Thor. Why are using a different Zeus then what is mentioned in thread? GB will mess up Zeus, and leave him vulnerable against Thor onslaught with OF amp weapons.

Let me retype this for you. It was confirmed that Zeus was SLIGHTLY amped. Slightly means a little bit, small, minor.

I hope that helped.

TheGodKiller
Sealing a wound =/= healing from the damage done by it.

But yes, it's clearly obvious Zelia was basically crippled and helpless to stop a severely weakened Odin from seizing her.

And to my knowledge, Zeus has no such feats to argue against the same thing happening to him, let alone when a crazy amped Thor starts punching his face in.
I never really argued that she healed from the damage .

But , yeah agree with the rest of your post .

JakeTheBank
Let me retype this for you. It was confirmed that Zeus was SLIGHTLY amped. Slightly means a little bit, small, minor.

I hope that helped.

Slightly amped by a Multiversal Entity. Which is still not applicable for regular Zeus. And even then, you'd have to prove Galactus' attack then and there was more powerful than Thor's Godblast.

So, make good with the Zeus scans/issue numbers of his feats.

JakeTheBank
I never really argued that she healed from the damage .

But , yeah agree with the rest of your post .

I know; just throwing that out there before someone argues "well, the hole wasn't there so she was fully healed!11!". Though I'm sure someone will, anyway.

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor still wins this. I've yet to see any durability showings from Zeus to prove that he can withstand a God Blast, much less take on a highly amped Thor right after.

It'd be one thing if he had the ability to channel all his power into a defensive shield etc. but to tank it head on? He's out of the game at the very least.

I recall seeing someone post Juggernaut's force field protecting him earlier. Ignoring the circumstances, the weakest showing of the God Blast is overpowering the crimson gems strongest enchantment. Hardly cause to deny its power. On the other hand, I can lowball the shit out of Zeus.

I'm sure a few posters here haven't seen Zeus being crippled by a spear throw from a regular giant, f*cked up some random sword from Hephaestus (Or was it Ares?), bleeding from a knock to the head from a Satyr etc.

Unfortunately I like Zeus, but stroking him is just bad as lowballing.

TheGodKiller
I know; just throwing that out there before someone argues "well, the hole wasn't there so she was fully healed!11!". Though I'm sure someone will, anyway.

thumb up
You clearly haven't been following this thread more closely because someone already did something of the kind :

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Lol. Man, I really need to get on my old PC, don't have any scans on this computer.

Post a scan.

I haven't seen Zeus accomplish this.

TheGodKiller
^Lol. Man, I really need to get on my old PC, don't have any scans on this computer.
In this case , you don't have to . I already addressed most of Sorrow's points .

Also , don't you store your scans on photobucket ? Imageshack/Imagebam ?

Also , one more question : was the attack that Thor/Surfer/Rachel performed in Mighty Thor Annual # 01 , a Godblast ? If it was , then that's another feat for it : breaking a top-tier Abstract's spell on 3 reality-breaking Cosmics .

Colossus-Big C
Zeus would get killed if a hole was blasted through his chest, so would any skyfather.

carver9
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Zeus would get killed if a hole was blasted through his chest, so would any skyfather.

He already died from Chaos King snatching his heart out.

TheGodKiller

I hope that helped.
Your entire argument pulls off a Darkseid and falls facefirst down a couple of stairs , because Ares and Hera tanked Galactus' attack as well .

I guess that proves that they wouldn't sustain any significant damage from the GB as well , according to your reasoning anyways .

Colossus-Big C
Your entire argument pulls off a Darkseid and falls facefirst down a couple of stairs , because Ares and Hera tanked Galactus' attack as well .

I guess that proves that they wouldn't sustain any significant damage from the GB as well , according to your reasoning anyways . iirc hera was completely destroyed, half of ares body was also completely destoyed.

They didnt tank it at all

TheGodKiller
iirc hera was completely destroyed, half of ares body was also completely destoyed.

They didnt tank it at all
Then you recall incorrectly :
http://imageshack.us/a/img822/6348/chaoswar3013.th.jpg

Bottomline :
So did Hera and Ares .

Colossus-Big C
Ares bottom half was destroyed, hera wasnt shown

They did not tank it

Heavenly king

They did not tank it

yes they did tank the blast

Colossus-Big C
Okay

TheGodKiller

They did not tank it
Nope . Ares was buried underneath the debris after the attack . They were both shown completely fine three pages later , which is the scene I posted .

Bottomline :
So did Hera and Ares .

vince_slice
Was Ares and Hera also amped by the Chaos King or was it only Zeus?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by vince_slice
Was Ares and Hera also amped by the Chaos King or was it only Zeus?
They were all under the influence of the Chaos King , with Zeus being the main host for the entity .
http://imageshack.us/a/img856/9370/chaoswar3007.th.jpg
However , it is irrelevant whether they were amped or not , because according to Pak's funny logic , if they were , then it was only a "slight/minor/small" amp , and according to carver's horrendous logic they too wouldn't be significantly damaged from the Godblast .

vince_slice
The fact that someone like Ares (who's like what? Low herald?) was able to tank the blast from Galactus makes me think that the amp from the Chaos King must've been a lot greater than "slight/small/minor." Either way, I agree that the Zeus feat isn't applicable in this thread since he was amped.

carver9
From Galactus own mouth, he hit Zeus with more power. "No mere skyfather can be unscathed from such an attack". That doesn't mean he used the same power against the others since, well, he wasn't as impressed with them surviving vs Zeus.

carver9
The writer Cleary states that ZEUS was slightly amped, and he mustve was since he fooled the Hell out of an amped Herc. It was never stated that the others was as slightly touched by the CK than Zeus.

vince_slice
IIRC Pak's statement was ambiguous and wasn't clear at all that the amp Zeus got was tiny. People of course will interpret the ambigious statement in a way to support their own stances obviously. When I read Pak's statement a long time ago, I wasn't convinced at all the amp was very small or slight. On top of that, Galactus was hungry when he blasted them, since Herc teleported Galactus to him right before he was about to feed.

TheGodKiller
From Galactus own mouth, he hit Zeus with more power. "No mere skyfather can be unscathed from such an attack". That doesn't mean he used the same power against the others since, well, he wasn't as impressed with them surviving vs Zeus.
It was exactly the same attack which hit Zeus .
http://imageshack.us/a/img690/7945/chaoswar3010.th.jpg
Zeus was floating right in front of him , which is why he expressed surprise that he survived . I doubt he was even aware that the attack also struck Hera , Ares and Herc .

carver9
Doesn't look like a direct hit to me.

TheGodKiller
The writer Cleary states that ZEUS was slightly amped, and he mustve was since he fooled the Hell out of an amped Herc. It was never stated that the others was as slightly touched by the CK than Zeus.
Carter-logic at work again . So , you're telling me that the main host himself was only slightly amped , but the rest of his slave gods must have been greatly amped ?

And I am not even mentioning what you conveniently ignored while harping on the "Herc took on Zeus hence he must've been slightly amped" scene : that in the subsequent pages , it was clearly revealed that the Chaos King intended to use Herc's omniscience to find the other godheads , which is why he let him kill Zeus , and then angrily(stupidly) reveal the godheads' location .

Btw, within the comic itself , it was never stated how much or how less amped any of Mikaboshi's zombies were .
Since you only have Pak's words to go by , then there is no choice but to apply that same logic to Hera and Ares as well .

TheGodKiller
Doesn't look like a direct hit to me.
Then you need to get your eyes checked . The blast is very clearly depicted as hitting them fair and square . Their screams of pain indicate this .

carver9
Then you need to get your eyes checked . The blast is very clearly depicted as hitting them fair and square . Their screams of pain indicate this .

I'm not seeing a direct hit. Looks like they are being hit by the aftershock of the blast.

TheGodKiller
I'm not seeing a direct hit. Looks like they are being hit by the aftershock of the blast.
It was the exact same blast . Zeus was simply standing much closer to Galactus than the others were . It simply went beyond him and hit Hers , Ares and all-father Herc as well .

the Darkone

I hope that helped.

Your still not making any sense, what does Chaos King Zeus , has to do with this Zeus facing Thor in this thread? CK Zeus is not in this thread, just regular Zeus with no amp.

Damborgson
So I'm glad we agree Thor wins.

Colossus-Big C
So I'm glad we agree Thor wins. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.