Balder vs Shatterstar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Sword fight only both at best who wins how and why?

Stoic
Balder would destroy him. How would Shatterstar even defend against the huge strength advantage? I could see Balder swinging, and knocking Shatterstar through the ground even if he managed to block.

Mindset
Originally posted by Stoic
Balder would destroy him. How would Shatterstar even defend against the huge strength advantage? I could see Balder swinging, and knocking Shatterstar through the ground even if he managed to block. Did you see his fight against Ben?

Stoic
Originally posted by Mindset
Did you see his fight against Ben?

Sometimes comics make very little sense though. Imagine trying to block a guys sword strike, with another sword, but the difference is that the guy swinging happens to be able to move 80 plus tons on an off day. In a forum match Shatterstar has no business fighting this far above his weight class.

srankmissingnin
Sometimes comics make very little sense though. Imagine trying to block a guys sword strike, with another sword, but the difference is that the guy swinging happens to be able to move 80 plus tons on an off day. In a forum match Shatterstar has no business fighting this far above his weight class.

Balder is probably around class 30-50. I don't think there is anything to suggest he is in the 80 ton range.

Stoic
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Balder is probably around class 30-50. I don't think there is anything to suggest he is in the 80 ton range.

Really because I thought that he was the only other non Sky Father Asgardian second to Thor that was among the mightiest of the race. Even still 30-50 ton range is still above Shatterstar. I mean do you have any idea of how hard he would hit him? It would be like you swinging a baseball bat and knocking a hardball out of the ball park. The strength advantage is too great. Shatterstar would be better suited to fighting Deadpool or someone on that level.

Mindset
Sometimes comics make very little sense though. Imagine trying to block a guys sword strike, with another sword, but the difference is that the guy swinging happens to be able to move 80 plus tons on an off day. In a forum match Shatterstar has no business fighting this far above his weight class. They don't need to make sense.

Stoic
They don't need to make sense.

Well forum debates do.

Mindset
And forum debates are based off comics.

Stoic
And forum debates are based off comics.

Without the PIS though.

Heavenly king
Balder is class 50 and he'll out class Shatterstar

srankmissingnin
Really because I thought that he was the only other non Sky Father Asgardian second to Thor that was among the mightiest of the race. Even still 30-50 ton range is still above Shatterstar. I mean do you have any idea of how hard he would hit him? It would be like you swinging a baseball bat and knocking a hardball out of the ball park. The strength advantage is too great. Shatterstar would be better suited to fighting Deadpool or someone on that level.

Probably why Shatterstar won't shoot for a double leg and try to wrestle Balder into submission. If they fought he'd us his speed and skill to stay on the outside and dance around Blader and attempt to slash him up.

Stoic
Probably why Shatterstar won't shoot for a double leg and try to wrestle Balder into submission. If they fought he'd us his speed and skill to stay on the outside and dance around Blader and attempt to slash him up.

I thought that Asgardians were much faster than humans, and have far more stamina. Balder is not a some huge slow monolith type character that would allow for Shatterstar to dance around him. All I imagine seeing is Balder grabbing him and choke slamming him through the street, and into a sewer hole.

srankmissingnin
I thought that Asgardians were much faster than humans, and have far more stamina. Balder is not a some huge slow monolith type character that would allow for Shatterstar to dance around him. All I imagine seeing is Balder grabbing him and choke slamming him through the street, and into a sewer hole.

Firstly, Shattarstar isn't human. Secondly, even Thor doesn't have the speed feats that put him above the top tier streets in combat speed and reflexes. Balder has one speed feat... and it's almost as good as some of Typhoid Mary's speed feats... almost.

Mindset
Without the PIS though. Wasn't PIS.

Stoic
Firstly, Shattarstar isn't human. Secondly, even Thor doesn't have the speed feats that put him above the top tier streets in combat speed and reflexes. Balder has one speed feat... and it's almost as good as some of Typhoid Mary's speed feats... almost.

Which still does not give you any reason to make a case that Shatterstar would speed blitz a guy that is clearly not a monolithic slowpoke.

srankmissingnin
Which still does not give you any reason to make a case that Shatterstar would speed blitz a guy that is clearly not a monolithic slowpoke.

I don't have any Shatterstar scans that don't involve him being tooled by Wolverine, but he is fast. He has a few crazy bullet time feasts under PAD in X-Factor. He is a class 10 with hallow bird bones (he only weighs 85 pounds or something), that combo makes him fast.

Stoic
I don't have any Shatterstar scans that don't involve him being tooled by Wolverine, but he is fast. He has a few crazy bullet time feasts under PAD in X-Factor. He is a class 10 with hallow bird bones (he only weighs 85 pounds or something), that combo makes him fast.

Thanks for the synopsis, but I know very well who Shatterstar, and Longshot are. I thought that it was only Longshot with the hollow bones, and Longshot is no class 10, nor do I believe that Shatterstar is. What kind of idiotic writer would give an 85 pound guy, with hollow bones the ability to lift 10 tons? There is certainly a citation, or scan needed to prove that he can lift more than 1 ton which is plenty of weight in and of itself.

Balder is above Shatterstar, they aren't peers. One is a Video Warrior/Gladiator that plays at war, while the other is an ancient Warrior/Gladiator that has been in real wars that would resemble a scene out of the Lord of the Rings, except that the guys that wage the wars all lift far above 10 tons, and aren't slow.

Balder would rip Shatterstar apart.

srankmissingnin
Thanks for the synopsis, but I know very well who Shatterstar, and Longshot are. I thought that it was only Longshot with the hollow bones, and Longshot is no class 10, nor do I believe that Shatterstar is. What kind of idiotic writer would give an 85 pound guy, with hollow bones the ability to lift 10 tons? There is certainly a citation, or scan needed to prove that he can lift more than 1 ton which is plenty of weight in and of itself.

Balder is above Shatterstar, they aren't peers. One is a Video Warrior/Gladiator that plays at war, while the other is an ancient Warrior/Gladiator that has been in real wars that would resemble a scene out of the Lord of the Rings, except that the guys that wage the wars all lift far above 10 tons, and aren't slow.

Balder would rip Shatterstar apart.

Dude... I really don't want to have to make a Shatterstar respect thread. Please don't make me. Just look at any and every Shatterstar bio on the internet, the fact that he has hallow bones is common knowledge. Why does he have super strength to go along with his hollow bones? Beats me... but it's hardly the dumbest thing in print in the super hero genre... and besides every single Shi'ar has hollow bones, and their average citizens are default class one... and some of them are on par with Gladiator.

Shatterstar might be a "Video Warrior/Gladiator that plays at war," but he does it on panel. When he shows up he gets to do stuff, when Blader shows up he gets to stand around in the back ground with the Warriors Three will Thor takes care of business. Feats dictate who wins... aside from one bullet redirect feat, Blader's feats suck.

StiltmanFTW
Asgardian pie feat rulez vin

Rage.Of.Olympus
When he shows up he gets to do stuff, when Blader shows up he gets to stand around in the back ground with the Warriors Three will Thor takes care of business. Feats dictate who wins... aside from one bullet redirect feat, Blader's feats suck.

Balder is plenty tough, at least when he gets focused on like during Walter's run. Taking a back seat to Thor is nothing to be ashamed of and is hardly reason to denounce the character.

His incarnation would clean house and any fight in Asgard or where Balder's invulnerability is active, he wins.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Balder is plenty tough, at least when he gets focus like during Walter's run.

His incarnation would clean house and any fight in Asgard or where Balder's invulnerability is active, he wins.

The only thing I can remember him doing of any merit is in Simonson's Balder mini when he melted some Frost Trolls who by happy circumstance just so happen to have debilitating weakness to his light powers... which is about as impressive as throwing a hunk of kryptonite at Superman.

Also Shattarstar's swords are magic and even bypassed classic Juggernaut's invulnerability. Blader might be shit out of luck even with the mistletoe toe thing enabled.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The only thing I can remember him doing of any merit is in Simonson's Balder mini when he melted some Frost Trolls who by happy circumstance just so happen to have debilitating weakness to his light powers... which is about as impressive as throwing a hunk of kryptonite at Superman.

Then re-reading some key Balder issues is in order. Very formidable in combat and intended to be very fast. Shatterstar can use his abilities to knock Thing around but Balder is someone who can challenge Walter's Thor in close combat.

I'd post scans but I'm on a different computer unfortunately. I'd like to see them myself, been a while.

Also Shattarstar's swords are magic and even bypassed classic Juggernaut's invulnerability. Blader might be shit out of luck even with the mistletoe toe thing enabled.

So have many things. Besides, in that issue Hellstrike's claws were cutting him too IIRC, hardly indicative of Juggernaut at his very best.

Out of curiosity, what are Shatterstar's swords made from? How are they magic?

srankmissingnin
Then re-reading some key Balder issues is in order. Very formidable in combat and intended to be very fast. Shatterstar can use his abilities to knock Thing around but Balder is someone who can challenge Walter's Thor in close combat.

I'd post scans but I'm on a different computer unfortunately. I'd like to see them myself, been a while.

No worries, I'm an a ipad, I'm not going to post shit. laughing

StiltmanFTW
Besides, in that issue Hellstrike's claws were cutting him too IIRC, hardly indicative of Juggernaut at his very best.

Don't you mean Feral?

Rage.Of.Olympus
How are the Ipads? I got a free BlackBerry playbook and I'm really enjoying it. Thinking of upgrading to an Ipad. Is it worth it?

And Shatterstar fought undead Asgardians recently in X-Factor IIRC. Don't remember much but they were incredibly challenging for him. Undead, but still baseline Asgardian stats.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Don't you mean Feral?

Yea that one. The claw/sword people and their stupid names get me mixed up.

srankmissingnin
How are the Ipads? I got a free BlackBerry playbook and I'm really enjoying it. Thinking of upgrading to an Ipad. Is it worth it?

And Shatterstar fought undead Asgardians recently in X-Factor IIRC. Don't remember much but they were incredibly challenging for him. Undead, but still baseline Asgardian stats.

My i-pad is alright, my cousin has the google nexus tablet though... I like it a lot more.

I'm behind on X-Factor right now, I need to catch up.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh yea? I'll check it out.

"Acquiring" the relevant issues right now, I'll post scans or at least summarize.

Stoic
their average citizens are default class one... and some of them are on par with Gladiator.

Name one on par with Gladiator, that are not augments.

Heavenly king

what?? thor was fast enough to own quicksliver. so I don't know what you're talking about friend. balder would rip this guy apart with no problem

Rage.Of.Olympus
The arc starts in "X-Factor #209" and ends in "X-Factor 212".

Regarding how Shatterstar rates against Balder, well, he kind of gets his ass handed to him if those encounters were any indication. Balder doesn't have their ability to easily reattach body parts but he doesn't need it, he's the superior warrior and Shatterstar was straight up fought at one point. He called Shatterstar skilled but he had centuries of experience. I didn't read X-Factor #211, so maybe he gets a better showing there but I don't remember that happening.

srankmissingnin
Name one on par with Gladiator, that are not augments.

Shatterstar is an augmentation, he was completely genetically engineered... so why would I need to make that distinguishment with the Shi'ar?

Originally posted by Heavenly king
what?? thor was fast enough to own quicksliver. so I don't know what you're talking about friend. balder would rip this guy apart with no problem

facepalm

Quick Silver effortlessly avoided Thor's attacks. Thor managed to get him via smashing the ground and knocking him down with some aoe force... which is a strength feat akin to a thunder clap.

Know your Thor. cool

Stoic
Because you made the claim that there were Shiar out there on par with Gladiator. So I asked you to name one.

srankmissingnin
Because you made the claim that there were Shiar out there on par with Gladiator. So I asked you to name one.

No, you said name one who isn't augmented... which isn't the same thing. Deathbird is on Gladiator level per her own admission, but she's been enhanced. She still has hollow bones though.

Heavenly king
Shatterstar is an augmentation, he was completely genetically engineered... so why would I need to make that distinguishment with the Shi'ar?

facepalm

Quick Silver effortlessly avoided Thor's attacks. Thor managed to get him via smashing the ground and knocking him down with some aoe force... which is a strength feat akin to a thunder clap.

Know your Thor. cool

laughing laughing laughing

srankmissingnin
laughing laughing laughing

You got a counter point, that makes Thor smashing the ground a speed feat? Because I'd love to hear that. I could use a good laugh before I go to bed and cdtm isn't posting, so someone needs to fill his void of stupidity. Have at it.

JakeTheBank
Ouch

Stoic
No, you said name one who isn't augmented... which isn't the same thing. Deathbird is on Gladiator level per her own admission, but she's been enhanced. She still has hollow bones though.

Making a claim and backing it up are two different things. Until she shows the ability of being able to push around planets, uproot sky scrapers, fly at speeds greater than light, freeze a lake with her breath, push warships the size of cities, then I take that statement with a grain of salt.

srankmissingnin
Making a claim and backing it up are two different things. Until she shows the ability of being able to push around planets, uproot sky scrapers, fly at speeds greater than light, freeze a lake with her breath, push warships the size of cities, then I take that statement with a grain of salt.

She's successfully engaged Ms Marvel and Glads in melee though. Her being par with Glads is almost certainly a hyperbole, but she has extreme super strength none the less and hollow bones... which is the combo you have a problem accepting.

Heavenly king
You got a counter point, that makes Thor smashing the ground a speed feat? Because I'd love to hear that. I could use a good laugh before I go to bed and cdtm isn't posting, so someone needs to fill his void of stupidity. Have at it.

fast enough to hit the ground before quicksliver can react. my vold of stupidity? you're the guy saying that thor doesn't have any speed feats over street level. oh here's another feat for ya, so laugh it up.

that looks like a nice speed feat for a guy that doesn't have any speed feats
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorSuperspeed21475.jpg

here's another one

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorSuperspeed30WolverinevsThor2.jpg

Mindset
You two are so cute, I can't wait to rape you.

no homo

Heavenly king
You two are so cute, I can't wait to rape you.

no homo

I like ya and want ya. we can do this the easy way or we can do this the HARD way

Stoic
She's successfully engaged Ms Marvel and Glads in melee though. Her being par with Glads is almost certainly a hyperbole, but she has extreme super strength none the less and hollow bones... which is the combo you have a problem accepting.

Not really I've just never read the battles that you said, and wanted to know which Shiar was on par with Gladiator, which is why I asked you to name one.

Outside of that I'm still trying to understand how Shatterstar is on Balder's level? Or what made you believe that he was a class 10? I have also yet to see a very slow Asgardian. Balder is one of the most skilled swordsman in Asgard. You also have yet to make the claim that Shatterstar would win this.

Stoic
I like ya and want ya. we can do this the easy way or we can do this the HARD way

Oh no, not the booty warrior.

srankmissingnin
fast enough to hit the ground before quicksliver can react. my vold of stupidity? you're the guy saying that thor doesn't have any speed feats over street level. oh here's another feat for ya, so laugh it up.

that looks like a nice speed feat for a guy that doesn't have any speed feats
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorSuperspeed21475.jpg

Because Quicksilver posses the ability to stop Thor from pounding the ground? Right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The speed at which Thor swung his hammer is irrelevant. Quick Silver isn't Flash. He doesn't IMP people. He couldn't stop Thor from swinging his hammer, it's an irresistible force. He just needed to ride it out and hope for the best.

Awesome Thor managed to catch a featless Zefra who has an ambiguous level of super speed! Wow.

FYI I've seen all of Thor's sad sack "speed feats" before. This isn't the first time someone has tried to make the case that he is faster than the top tier streets... and they've all failed miserably.

Heavenly king
Because Quicksilver posses the ability to stop Thor from pounding the ground? Right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The speed at which Thor swung his hammer is irrelevant. Quick Silver isn't Flash. He doesn't IMP people. He couldn't stop Thor from swinging his hammer, it's an irresistible force. He just needed to ride it out and hope for the best.

Awesome Thor managed to catch a featless Zefra who has an ambiguous level of supers peed! Wow.

yea he ins't the flash but he should still be able to use his speed to out do thor and his below street level speed

srankmissingnin
Not really I've just never read the battles that you said, and wanted to know which Shiar was on par with Gladiator, which is why I asked you to name one.

Outside of that I'm still trying to understand how Shatterstar is on Balder's level? Or what made you believe that he was a class 10? I have also yet to see a very slow Asgardian. Balder is one of the most skilled swordsman in Asgard. You also have yet to make the claim that Shatterstar would win this.

And alternatively I'm trying to understand how Balder is on Shatterstar level. All you've done so far is decided he has an arbitrary advantage by nature of being an Asgardian. What has Balder done that would suggest he could beat Shatterstar? Because he doesn't have the skill, speed or strength feats to back such a claim.

Stoic

Awesome Thor managed to catch a featless Zefra who has an ambiguous level of super speed! Wow.

FYI I've seen all of Thor's sad sack "speed feats" before. This isn't the first time someone has tried to make the case that he is faster than the top tier streets... and they've all failed miserably.

But is Shatterstar a speedster? Do you believe that Shatterstar would make Balder look like a statue if they fought?

srankmissingnin
But is Shatterstar a speedster? Do you believe that Shatterstar would make Balder look like a statue if they fought?

Shatterstar would dance around Balder the same as he did Thing.

Stoic
And alternatively I'm trying to understand how Balder is on Shatterstar level. All you've done so far is decided he has an arbitrary advantage by nature of being an Asgardian. What has Balder done that would suggest he could beat Shatterstar? Because he doesn't have the skill, speed or strength feats to back such a claim.

Feats don't decide every debate. You should know this. We both also know that all Asgardians are much stronger than humans. What makes you believe that SS is a class 10? We both know that Balder is far stronger than a class 10, which in the case of SS is a giant if.

Stoic

Based on what? Wolverine handled him like he was a joke.

srankmissingnin
Feats don't decide every debate. You should know this. We both also know that all Asgardians are much stronger than humans. What makes you believe that SS is a class 10? We both know that Balder is far stronger than a class 10, which in the case of SS is a giant if.

Feats are the only thing that matters. If a character doesn't have the feats to compete... then they are shit out of luck. If you want to just look at things as they should play out "on paper," then Killer Croc would rage stomp Batman... but we all know that's not the case. Do you remember Siege? Asgardians are fodder. They got killed in the dozens in that event by plenty of much more human characters than Shatterstar.

And again I feel compelled to point out that Shatterstar isn't human. He is a genetically engendered science project from the future. He was spinning around an 800lbs barbell like it was a wooden bo-staff when he was smacking around The Thing (who weighs half a ton himself) around.

srankmissingnin
Based on what? Wolverine handled him like he was a joke.

Wolverine would do the same thing to Balder.

Stoic
Feats are the only thing that matters. If a character doesn't have the feats to compete... then they are shit out of luck. If you want to just look at things as they should play out "on paper," then Killer Croc would rage stomp Batman... but we all know that's not the case. Do you remember Siege? Asgardians are fodder. They got killed in the dozens in that event by plenty of much more human characters than Shatterstar.

And again I feel compelled to point out that Shatterstar isn't human. He is a genetically engendered science project from the future. He was spinning around an 800lbs barbell like it was a wooden bo-staff when he was smacking around The Thing (who weighs half a ton himself) around.

Shatterstar would have been fodder if he were to have fought in that Siege battle against the more powerful characters there, so I really can't see where the low ball is coming from. In Asgard Shatterstar would be less than a footstool. Balder would win this simply by being one of the most skilled Asgardian swordsman of that race. I thought we covered this already. He defeated Thor in a scrimmage match, and I'm not certain if you are suggesting that Shatterstar would also be able to defeat Thor as well, but that seems to be the direction that you're heading in.

Like I said, Balder would grab the little bird man, and choke slam him through the street, and into a sewer hole. It's just that simple.

And who gives a crap about his origins, he's still Balder's inferior.

Stoic
Wolverine would do the same thing to Balder.

That's arguable at best.

Mindset
naaaaaah

srankmissingnin
Shatterstar would have been fodder if he were to have fought in that Siege battle against the more powerful characters there, so I really can't see where the low ball is coming from. In Asgard Shatterstar would be less than a footstool. Balder would win this simply by being one of the most skilled Asgardian swordsman of that race. I thought we covered this already. He defeated Thor in a scrimmage match, and I'm not certain if you are suggesting that Shatterstar would also be able to defeat Thor as well, but that seems to be the direction that you're heading in.

Like I said, Balder would grab the little bird man, and choke slam him through the street, and into a sewer hole. It's just that simple.

Robin has beat Shiva in a "scrimmage match." Which should illuminate just how irrelevant that little piece of information is.

Bullseye, Mr X and Tasky were killing scores of Asgardians in Siege. Shatterstar would have done the same time. Balder doesn't get gifted a win via benefit of the doubt because he happens to be Asgardian. That's not how things work. You need to built a case based on Balder's feats. If the fight was in Asgard, Shatterstar wouldn't be able to put down Balder, even sans mistletoe enchantment Asgardians are nearly impossible to kill or ko conventionally in Asgard... but this fight isn't in Asgard.

That's arguable at best.

No it isn't.

Stoic
Well Asgard is now on Earth, so that shouldn't matter now should it? Ever since this discussion began you have tried to paint Balder as a turtle like character, and have been proven wrong. I asked you if you believed that Shatterstar would make him look like a statue, and your answer was less than the proof that his supposed feats should suggest, so what do you base this opinion off of? Balder is clearly not slow, nor is Loki, Hogun, or Fandral, yet none of these seasoned warriors are a match for Balder, in or out of Asgard with a sword. So how does SS dance around a character that is strong enough to own him in a number of ways, which include speed, since it is strength that allows a character to move at great speeds outside of speed force users and speedy mutants.

srankmissingnin
Well Asgard is now on Earth, so that shouldn't matter now should it? Ever since this discussion began you have tried to paint Balder as a turtle like character, and have been proven wrong. I asked you if you believed that Shatterstar would make him look like a statue, and your answer was less than the proof that his supposed feats should suggest, so what do you base this opinion off of? Balder is clearly not slow, nor is Loki, Hogun, or Fandral, yet none of these seasoned warriors are a match for Balder, in or out of Asgard with a sword. So how does SS dance around a character that is strong enough to own him in a number of ways, which include speed, since it is strength that allows a character to move at great speeds outside of speed force users and speedy mutants.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/09/bbs4e42.gif

Asgard is back in Asgard since Odin rebuilt it in Siege. Anyway the first thing that happened the Asgardians took up shelter on earth was two idiots got drunk and one of them was killed by accident in a duel because the rules on earth were different and they weren't protected the same.

Thing is fast too. Virtually every time he throws down with someone we are told that his massive bulk doesn't slow him down any... and Shatterstar danced around him like he was Spider-man. If you want to say that Balder is faster or more skilled than Shatterstar... then prove it. You saying "He's Asgardian!" is inconsequential. He doesn't have the feats to back your opinion of what he can do. On panel feats show that Shatterstar is faster and more skilled than Balder.

Ben Grimm would smash Balder. We saw how Shatterstar dealt with him.

DarkSaint85
I don't know much about either character. I need scans.

Stoic
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/09/bbs4e42.gif

Asgard is back in Asgard since Odin rebuilt it in Siege. Anyway the first thing that happened the Asgardians took up shelter on earth was two idiots got drunk and one of them was killed by accident in a duel because the rules on earth were different and they weren't protected the same.

Thing is fast too. Virtually every time he throws down with someone we are told that his massive bulk doesn't slow him down any... and Shatterstar danced around him like he was Spider-man. If you want to say that Balder is faster or more skilled than Shatterstar... then prove it. You saying "He's Asgardian!" is inconsequential. He doesn't have the feats to back your opinion of what he can do. On panel feats show that Shatterstar is faster and more skilled than Balder.

Ben Grimm would smash Balder. We saw how Shatterstar dealt with him.

The Thing was trained as a wrestler, how can you begin to compare Balder's skill as a true warrior to Monday Night Raw? Balder would kill the Thing in a true battle as well, simply because he has the skill to do so. Shatterstar is not on Spiderman's level so let's not go there. Balder defeated was the last warrior standing in a battle that Thor, Loki, and several other very skilled warriors competed in, which shows me that he does have the feats to defeat a much weaker Shaterstar. Shatterstar would not even be able to defend himself if he attempt to parry with his sword, because he would be sorely lacking in strength to take the hit, even behind his sword. This is common sense. One guy can hit with 50 tons of force with a sword, and the other guy has yet to even lift a 2 ton sedan. Balder would hit him like a major league baseball power hitter hits a baseball. Sorry there is no contest Balder wins.

Stoic
I was also wondering if Balder can be hurt on Earth, and what are the forum rules regarding him? According to forum rules Shatterstar may not even be able to hurt him if he does not will himself to be vulnerable. These are questions that need answers to.

celeyhyga17
Balder wins... One thing's fo sho. Shatterstar ain't dancin round Balder like he did Thing.

celeyhyga17
I was also wondering if Balder can be hurt on Earth, and what are the forum rules regarding him? According to forum rules Shatterstar may not even be able to hurt him if he does not will himself to be vulnerable. These are questions that need answers to.

Doesn't really matter. He is faster, stronger, crazy skills (best swordsman/combatant) in Asgard, and he'll just burn the bastid.

leonidas
probably balder but star could definitely make him work.

Sin I AM

Ive made the argument and won iirc

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Ive made the argument and won iirc LoL you cant even remember if you won said argument just like a chick.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by iceman24567
LoL you cant even remember if you won said argument just like a chick.

Shutup douche, its already been proven Thor is as fast as he needs to be

iceman24567
Shutup douche, its already been proven Thor is as fast as he needs to be Nope such proof doesn't exist

StiltmanFTW
Shutup douche, its already been proven Thor is as fast as he needs to be

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/thorface2.jpg

Sin I AM
Nope such proof doesn't exist

If u say so

iceman24567
If u say so Im glad you finally know your place

celeyhyga17
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/thorface2.jpg

This ain't no Thor thread... Nuff'O those goin around...

Balder still wins..

Mindset
The Thing was trained as a wrestler, how can you begin to compare Balder's skill as a true warrior to Monday Night Raw? http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/thorface2.jpg

Sin I AM
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
This ain't no Thor thread... Nuff'O those goin around...

Balder still wins..

Based on?

celeyhyga17
Based on?

Based on superior str, speed, stamina, and multiple human lifetime's worth of combat training and actual combat.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Based on superior str, speed, stamina, and multiple human lifetime's worth of combat training and actual combat.

Only superiority u can prove is strength. Nothing else

StiltmanFTW
What are Balder's str feats?

iceman24567
What are Balder's str feats?
Being Asgardian

Sin I AM
Being Asgardian

Exactly...proves nothing

srankmissingnin
The Thing was trained as a wrestler, how can you begin to compare Balder's skill as a true warrior to Monday Night Raw? Balder would kill the Thing in a true battle as well, simply because he has the skill to do so. Shatterstar is not on Spiderman's level so let's not go there. Balder defeated was the last warrior standing in a battle that Thor, Loki, and several other very skilled warriors competed in, which shows me that he does have the feats to defeat a much weaker Shaterstar. Shatterstar would not even be able to defend himself if he attempt to parry with his sword, because he would be sorely lacking in strength to take the hit, even behind his sword. This is common sense. One guy can hit with 50 tons of force with a sword, and the other guy has yet to even lift a 2 ton sedan. Balder would hit him like a major league baseball power hitter hits a baseball. Sorry there is no contest Balder wins.

Jesus facepalm

Wrestling is pretty much the most dominate and imposing fighting style on earth, as well as being one of the easiest to learn. Outside of his pro-wrestling back ground you are trying to use to diminish his accomplishments, Thing has an extensive back ground in real greco-roman, judo and boxing, as well as cqc from his military training. Benjiman Grimm is - with out a shadow of a doubt, more skilled than Balder.

Shatterstar is faster and more skilled than Balder, he'd have no trouble dancing around and embarrassing him in sword play. Shatterstar has better feats than Balder, its not even a question of who is superior.

Stoic
Could Shatterstar even harm Balder? The rest of your post is meaningless, when you're speaking in terms of a sword fight.

iceman24567
Could Shatterstar even harm Balder? The rest of your post is meaningless, when you're speaking in terms of a sword fight. Of course he could erm

Sin I AM
Could Shatterstar even harm Balder? The rest of your post is meaningless, when you're speaking in terms of a sword fight.

Yes he could

Stoic
Yes he could

based on what?

Stoic
Jake, Rage, Newjak, Dark Odin, or any of the other Asgardian knowledgeable members. What are Balders powers? Does he have the power to emit white hot light capable of destruction on a wide localized area?

If so then what would stop Balder from momentarily stunning Shatterstar with a bright flash of light, grabbing him and choke slamming him through the street and into a sewer hole?

celeyhyga17
Jake, Rage, Newjak, Dark Odin, or any of the other Asgardian knowledgeable members. What are Balders powers? Does he have the power to emit white hot light capable of destruction on a wide localized area?

If so then what would stop Balder from momentarily stunning Shatterstar with a bright flash of light, grabbing him and choke slamming him through the street and into a sewer hole?

Capable of releasing sun level heat. Frost giant or not, it will burn steets or metas. Can also heal others or himself with his "light". This fight however is only swordplay. He still wins.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by psycho gundam
shatterstar owned thing:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_svt1.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_svt2.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_svt3.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_svt4.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_svt5.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_svt6.jpg

iceman24567
LOL at the Gladiator quote freaking homo but yeah he can harm Balder. Mistletoe be damned

leonidas
he could def harm balder, and yeah balder can use an aoe attack but i assumed this was straight sword play. i`d say balder is somewhere around 30-40tons--not strong enough that star would be completely overwhelmed. everyone also knows that in comics length of life rarely equates to greater skill, but even with that said balder should be the more skilled of the 2. with the greater durability and likely better speed as well as strength he should take this nearly all the time imo, but i don`t think any of the battles would be easy

Sin I AM
based on what?

Comics. Feats. Balder has none to suggest he's superior. Being AsgardIan isn't gonna cut it

Stoic
Comics. Feats. Balder has none to suggest he's superior. Being AsgardIan isn't gonna cut it

OK good point. But power set should at times be considered, as well as tales of battle prowess. Balder actually does have battle feats though, he won a Gladiator competition against Thor, and I would place Thor far above the Thing in terms of battle performance. What do you think about that?

psycho gundam
shatterstar won't have a barbell, though. not sure how that will turn out

leonidas
OK good point. But power set should at times be considered, as well as tales of battle prowess. Balder actually does have battle feats though, he won a Gladiator competition against Thor, and I would place Thor far above the Thing in terms of battle performance. What do you think about that?

he also defeated that giant who had the sword of frey in 1on1 combat. the sword was supposed to allow the wielder to never lose but balder still battled him to a stalemate before ultimately using his h2h skills to take him out. a very impressive feat....

Mindset
Sounds like the sword sucked.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud Yeah...

leonidas
Sounds like the sword sucked.

balder is just that good. sneer

Sin I AM

Powerset does not dictate superiority. I would place IM over any no name kryptonian for example.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
he also defeated that giant who had the sword of frey in 1on1 combat. the sword was supposed to allow the wielder to never lose but balder still battled him to a stalemate before ultimately using his h2h skills to take him out. a very impressive feat....
thumb up

He has beaten a highly touted frost giant (Hagen) in single combat. And ure correct about the mystical Sword of Frey. The leader of the frost giants gave it to Hagen making him even more invinsible after it was stolen. Balder's skill is sooo retaaaded that he overcame that disadvantage. I also remember Balder beating thousands of armed Hel demons in a few panels. What was impressive was he had sworn off violence and had gotten fat at that time. Either peeps just don't know or are wanking that scuffle b/n Shatterstar and jobber Thing. The idea that Shatt's is more skilled and will dance around Balder is laughable.

StiltmanFTW
SS danced around Juggernaut, too.

Mindset
SS stabbed Jugg's eye out.

He oneshots Balder.

celeyhyga17
Superior speed, strength, stamina, and skill.
Da 4 S's....
Done.

5 if one of you gets cheeky and counts "superior" stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus

Haha, yea, not likely.

And here is Shatterstar versus some -undead- regular Asgadians; round 1:
http://s7.postimage.org/86bblmief/xf_209_20.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/qn5qcfycn/xf_209_21.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/l09deyvtz/xf_209_22.jpg

Two hit knock out for a few pages, then round 2:
http://s7.postimage.org/fdd0hhtbb/xf_06.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/6wdi6komf/xf_07.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/k1t0coihz/xf_08.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/whpq6fbtz/xf_14.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/5l5qy3t0n/xf_15.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/6byh3vvdz/xf_19.jpg

I don't have the following issue on this computer, so perhaps he does better in round 3 with more cannon fodder but using this as a baseline, if there was any doubt Balder would win, it's gone.

It says the two combatants at there best, meaning peak Balder, which is basically Walter Simonson's version. He'd f*ck Shatterstar up. Walter intended Balder to be someone who can give Thor a challenge head to head without any bullshit or tricks.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Above average Asgardian stats, and yes, he can generate energy.

Shatterstar has no real counter for an omnidirectional attack of such a nature but I think this is only a sword fight.

Balder also has -or had- complete invulnerability in the Asgardian dimension to everything but mistletoe.

Mindset
Sword fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's what I said.

Mindset
Nope.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Prove it.

celeyhyga17
Looks like team Shatterstar down and out. It's now the one or 2 word rebuttals.

Stoic
SS danced around Juggernaut, too.

Juggernaut is huge, bulky, and unsuited for finesse. Balder isn't.

Heavenly king
Haha, yea, not likely.

And here is Shatterstar versus some -undead- regular Asgadians; round 1:
http://s7.postimage.org/86bblmief/xf_209_20.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/qn5qcfycn/xf_209_21.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/l09deyvtz/xf_209_22.jpg

Two hit knock out for a few pages, then round 2:
http://s7.postimage.org/fdd0hhtbb/xf_06.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/6wdi6komf/xf_07.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/k1t0coihz/xf_08.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/whpq6fbtz/xf_14.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/5l5qy3t0n/xf_15.jpghttp://s7.postimage.org/6byh3vvdz/xf_19.jpg

I don't have the following issue on this computer, so perhaps he does better in round 3 with more cannon fodder but using this as a baseline, if there was any doubt Balder would win, it's gone.

It says the two combatants at there best, meaning peak Balder, which is basically Walter Simonson's version. He'd f*ck Shatterstar up. Walter intended Balder to be someone who can give Thor a challenge head to head without any bullshit or tricks.

He got his ass beat laughing

Stoic
He got his ass beat laughing

No fair, he got jumped.

Heavenly king
No fair, he got jumped.

theirs no rules in battle

celeyhyga17
No fair, he got jumped.

Naw not really. He wasn't taken by surprise. He even ran towards them.

StiltmanFTW

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif

Marry me.

Delta1938
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif

Marry me.

Cheating on carter I see.

StiltmanFTW
No.

Never.

I'm a bigamist. I want them both.

Delta1938
No.

Never.

I'm a bigamist. I want them both.

I understand. Carter performs as "well" in bed as he debates, so not only is he impotent, but can't begin to understand why you aren't satisfied.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.