Ra's' al Ghul VS Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
Both are from Nolan Trilogy, I bet Liam Neeson because he knew the weakness of Bane's mask.

FlutterShy
Ra's' Al Ghul, because even if he did die, he would come back after using the Lazarus Pit, oh and yes Ra's knew the secret of banes mask.

KingD19
In the Nolan Trilogy, the Lazarus Pit was hinted to be the Gulag prison that Bruce got sent to and Bane was raised in. But I say Ra's because he has a sword and will stab Bane in the gut.

McNasty996
Doesn't Bane have on a giant bullet-proof vest? I don't see Ra's' sword getting through that but he could win as long as he sticks to his weapon. If he goes HTH at any point in time he goes down

KingD19
It's usually a lot easier to stab through a bullet proof vest than shoot through one, as they're designed to stop the blunt force trauma of a bullet, not a blade. So Ra's could more than likely stab him, or just stab him in the arms, legs, neck. Bane has no defense against that sword.

BruceSkywalker
people need to go watch the Nolan trilogy and then come back and tell the damn truth.. Bane kills Ra's

KingD19
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
people need to go watch the Nolan trilogy and then come back and tell the damn truth.. Bane kills Ra's

So he punches past Ra's range with his blade, and doesn't get gutted?

Psychotron
Ra's decapitates him.

NemeBro
H2h Bane would win, but Ra's al Ghul with a sword kills Bane.

Robtard
Liam Neeson's range + sword against Hardy's stubby short arms. LoL.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by KingD19
So he punches past Ra's range with his blade, and doesn't get gutted?

i don't see Bane just standing there and taking the blade as some think he will.. Bane was a brawler who was faster than Batman.. Bane beat the shit and living daylights out of Batman.. Bane will certainly see the blade unless people here think Bane is blind lololol..

there is no reason for me to believe Bane can't evade the blade, knock it out of Ra's hand and then beat the living daylights out of him.. afterall once Batman broke the blade in Batman Begins during the train scene, Ra's certainly showed no type of H2H that tells me Bane will be scared of him

NemeBro
Batman is wearing full body armour.

Bane isn't.

whatdoucare
Bane pwns ra's al ghul with or without his sword
wink

Tzeentch._
Ras would win even if he had no sword. Clumsily thrown haymakers to the face defeated Bane at the end of tdkr.

ares834
Originally posted by NemeBro
H2h Bane would win, but Ra's al Ghul with a sword kills Bane.

BruceSkywalker
Batman is wearing full body armour.

Bane isn't.

that means nothing as Bane broke the Bat..

Placidity
Batman's "armor" is pretty bad to be honest.

Can't stop small bullets, can't stop knives. Why does he call it armor again?

Psychotron
How does a small, chubby brawler beat a guy with a goddamn sword?

Lord Lucien
Was Bane trained to use a sword? If he's not all too familiar with the nuances of swordplay, I'd say he'll be cut soon enough. But if so, and if this is in a wide open space, I could see him dodging the blade and getting a grip on the handle, or Ra's hand--turn the blade back around, or wrench it away from him.

Mindset
He was trained by the LoS, so yes.

He doesn't have any sword feats though.

Placidity
Ra's said about Bruce Wayne when he was at his peak that he was the best student he ever had.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Psychotron
How does a small, chubby brawler beat a guy with a goddamn sword?

quite easily.. Bane will be looking at the sword.. its not like Ra's has feats that say he'll gut him as the fight starts which ain't happening to begin with.. Bane is far more faster than Ra's is..

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Was Bane trained to use a sword? If he's not all too familiar with the nuances of swordplay, I'd say he'll be cut soon enough. But if so, and if this is in a wide open space, I could see him dodging the blade and getting a grip on the handle, or Ra's hand--turn the blade back around, or wrench it away from him.

this is what I believe that Bane after seeing the sword will dodge it and then knock it out of Ra's hand, then Ra's gets his back broken

NemeBro
Originally posted by Placidity
Ra's said about Bruce Wayne when he was at his peak that he was the best student he ever had. Ra's also despised Bane on a personal level and as such is biased.

Tzeentch._
Doesn't mean he'd deny Bane's combat prowess though, you phuckhead.

Psychotron
quite easily.. Bane will be looking at the sword.. its not like Ra's has feats that say he'll gut him as the fight starts which ain't happening to begin with.. Bane is far more faster than Ra's is..

Bane was slow as shit.

FlutterShy
Bane was slow as shit. Yup, Ra's wins, Ra's is just fu..ing epic!

The Silent Hero
I'm going with Ra's sword or not, he's good enough to beat BB-era Batman.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
I'm going with Ra's sword or not, he's good enough to beat BB-era Batman. No he isn't.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Mindset
No he isn't.

He's still > Bane.

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity
Batman's "armor" is pretty bad to be honest.

Can't stop small bullets, can't stop knives. Why does he call it armor again?

It's light armor, iirc Foxx said it's stop 'anything but a direct hit'. This was in TDK.

Mindset
He's still > Bane. Originally posted by Mindset
No he isn't.

Psychotron
No he isn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z543bcpuxDA

The Silent Hero
No he isn't. Well he kicked Batman's ass pretty good in the train fight, if he was fighting to kill and didn't stop to lecture Batman he could done so.

BruceSkywalker
Bane was slow as shit.

puh lease.. Ra's was slow as shit.. Bane was faster than Batman

I'm going with Ra's sword or not, he's good enough to beat BB-era Batman.

than how come Ra's lost to Batman then?

Originally posted by FlutterShy
Yup, Ra's wins, Ra's is just fu..ing epic!

being epic means nothing.. Ra's got beat up by Batman.. Ra's sword never ever, repeat never ever touched Batman and it ain't touching Bane

The Silent Hero

being epic means nothing.. Ra's got beat up by Batman.. Ra's sword never ever, repeat never ever touched Batman and it ain't touching Bane Because Batman got off the train before he did. He couldn't beat Ra's hand to hand so he fled.

Look how easily pwns Batman here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cGBuvSRIeuo#t=77s
If he hadn't stopped to talk Batman would be dead.

Mindset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z543bcpuxDA Concession accepted.

Psychotron

Ra's wasn't slower than Bane and he has a sword. Bane loses.

Batman beat the shit out of Bane in their rematch so...

Concession accepted.

Running away are you?

Mindset
Why would I run, I won.

Robtard
Because Batman got off the train before he did. He couldn't beat Ra's hand to hand so he fled.

LoL, he did beat the crap out out Batman and barehanded. Bane wishes he had half or Ra's skill and height.

BruceSkywalker
Because Batman got off the train before he did. He couldn't beat Ra's hand to hand so he fled.

wrong Batman beat Ra's .. and then left him to die

Ra's wasn't slower than Bane and he has a sword. Bane loses.

Batman beat the shit out of Bane in their rematch so...

wupp di do Ra's has a sword, its not like Bane won;t be able to see it and avoid it..

Robtard
Bane couldn't avoid worn-out Batman's punches, so not sure how he's going to avoid a sword from a spry-for-his-age Ra's.

Newjak
Bane beat an armed and armored Batman, he has his forearm blades, something Ras never did with the sword.

To me Batman was just stalling in the train and as soon as he needed to broke the sword and beat Ras after that.

Lord Lucien
That climax in Begins did not behoove stalling. And Bane beat an armed and armored Batman who had only recently come out of an 8-year retirement--after having been shot, and allowed his joint cartilage to vanish. And a skull fracture. He was at his physical prime when he defeated Ra's.

Ra's has an advantage no matter what with his sword, and if this is a small, confined space, I don't seen him losing. But it's quite feasible that, in a wide open area, Bane could avoid the sword--dodging a stab or swing and grab hold of Ra's arm. He'd crush him after that.

Mindset
Why do people ignore the fact that immediately after hearing that his joint cartilage was basically gone that he repelled down the said of the hospital, or that he was able to climb out of the pit?

Psychotron
Why do people ignore the fact that immediately after hearing that his joint cartilage was basically gone that he repelled down the said of the hospital, or that he was able to climb out of the pit?

Why are you ignoring the fact that Batman beat Bane after a couple of months of push-ups and shit food? Face it, Bane sucks. His two advantages (his strength and pain-tolerance) are totally useless against a sword.

Mindset
Why are you ignoring the fact that Batman beat Bane after a couple of months of push-ups and shit food? Face it, Bane sucks. His two advantages (his strength and pain-tolerance) are totally useless against a sword. Bane was beating Batman in both fights.

He beat Bane because he broke his mask open.

So what am I ignoring?

BruceSkywalker
That climax in Begins did not behoove stalling. And Bane beat an armed and armored Batman who had only recently come out of an 8-year retirement--after having been shot, and allowed his joint cartilage to vanish. And a skull fracture. He was at his physical prime when he defeated Ra's.

Ra's has an advantage no matter what with his sword, and if this is a small, confined space, I don't seen him losing. But it's quite feasible that, in a wide open area, Bane could avoid the sword--dodging a stab or swing and grab hold of Ra's arm. He'd crush him after that.

Ra's has no advantage period.. with or without sword.. Bane will see the sword, avoid it and then proceed to ass whip Ra's .. when it went to h2h in Batman Begins Ra's lost to Batman.. it is proven in the dark knight rises that Bane was agile enough to give Batman a major ass whomping.. the same will happen against Ra's

NemeBro
This knee-jerk reaction you assramming sodomites have to TDKR needs to ****ing stop.

Seriously, Bane is slow now? He sucks? He curbstomped Batman more casually than anyone could ever have dreamed of doing in h2h in the movies. "Oh but Batman was clearly in shitty condition and sucked ass". No, he had bionics installed that more than compensated for the deterioration of the cartilage in his knees, and we ****ing see Bruce Wayne doing some recreational exercise (Archery), that his knees were gimped does not mean he didn't exercise to stay in shape, and considering his feats following him retaking the cowl, that is obvious.

Bane would dominate Ra's in h2h more often than not, with the only possible wins for Ra's being weakness exploitation (the mask).

But no, the only reason Batman could handle Ra's sword was his armguards, which blocked the blade, trapped them between the spines, and then Batman broke the sword (More easily than a good quality steel sword should have been broken but meh).

Lord Lucien
Why do people ignore the fact that immediately after hearing that his joint cartilage was basically gone that he repelled down the said of the hospital, or that he was able to climb out of the pit? So that doctor and his exam was all a figment of Batman's imagination?

NemeBro
No, clearly the bionics he applied to his legs were though, as was that brick wall he kicked through.

Lord Lucien
The bionics he applied after jumping out a window.

Mindset
So that doctor and his exam was all a figment of Batman's imagination? facepalm

Bruce was still able to perform feats that require high level physicality.

Why people try to act like Bruce was some weak feeb, despite what was shown on screen, requires you to bury your head in the sand and ignore facts.

Lord Lucien
You care too much. And it's strange how you conceive of no worthwhile difference between a man in his prime, and a man 8 years out of practise, walking with a limp and cane and a doctor-diagnosed bill of ill health. He defeated Ra's in his prime, and lost to Bane in his nadir--what part of that do you not agree with?

Robtard
His two advantages (his strength and pain-tolerance) are totally useless against a sword.

This, people. Good point. Though I'd not say "totally", just mostly since he lacks arms guards like Batman had.

Bane's still somewhat of a "new shiny" though, so you'll have people claiming he'd take down a skilled marksman armed with a gun, cos he looked "cool" and spoke in a stupid voice.

NemeBro
No one except BruceSkywalker believes Bane beats a sword-wielding Ra's.

Psychotron
Bane was beating Batman in both fights.

He beat Bane because he broke his mask open.

So what am I ignoring?

He wasn't really beating him in the second fight, but what difference does it make? Ra's can also damage the mask if he wants to.

Tzeentch._
Bane was weak as **** in TDKR- honestly dunno what you chaps are talking about. Batman literally defeated him by just throwing haymakers at his face. It was the most disappointing fight scene in the entire trilogy.

71VVnJq0YVc

This is the shit you clowns are defending. Wow look at that amazing speed! Wow look at that amazing strength!!!11!!!

So whack.

Newjak
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Bane was weak as **** in TDKR- honestly dunno what you chaps are talking about. Batman literally defeated him by just throwing haymakers at his face. It was the most disappointing fight scene in the entire trilogy.

71VVnJq0YVc

This is the shit you clowns are defending. Wow look at that amazing speed! Wow look at that amazing strength!!!11!!!

So whack. We know Bane had speed enough to catch Batman's punch twice - Fact

It wasn't haymakers that beat him it was Batman's forearm blades knocking one of the breathing tubes lose - Fact

He was strong enough to punch out a chunk of concrete Pillar - Fact

He was strong and fast enough to beat an armored Batman(Something Ras never did) who had just finished waltzing through league of shadow members like they were nothing and kicking through brick wall. Which happen to be some of his best feats up to that point in all the movies - Fact

Psychotron
Batman was already out of shape in their first fight. And with a broken back, shit workouts, and food he was in even worse shape in their second. There's just no comparison with BB-era Batman.

Bane was crap, face it.

Newjak
Batman was already out of shape in their first fight. And with a broken back, shit workouts, and food he was in even worse shape in their second. There's just no comparison with BB-era Batman.

Bane was crap, face it. I repeat he had some of his best feats of the entire saga leading up to the Bane fight no expression

I like how everyone wants to act like it was 8 years of not training when all that was said was that he was a recluse for 8 years. Obviously he was still in shape otherwise if he really hadn't trained for 8 YEARS he would have been a tub of flab and not a badass that can repel from buildings and beat up a ton of LoS people.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Newjak
I repeat he had some of his best feats of the entire saga leading up to the Bane fight no expression

I like how everyone wants to act like it was 8 years of not training when all that was said was that he was a recluse for 8 years. Obviously he was still in shape otherwise if he really hadn't trained for 8 YEARS he would have been a tub of flab and not a badass that can repel from buildings and beat up a ton of LoS people.

Yes, everyone who doesn't work out is fat. Great logic. And Catwoman was beating up those (featless) LoS people too. Robin (ugh) killed two of them. They weren't that good.

Newjak
Yes, everyone who doesn't work out is fat. Great logic. And Catwoman was beating up those (featless) LoS people too. Robin (ugh) killed two of them. They weren't that good. Yeah people that sit around and do nothing all day are fat. They may not be obese but they are definitely not lean muscle like Bruce was. He was clearly in shape the type of shape someone can only get in if they stay active.

Yeah cause those two you mentioned aren't supposed to be incredibly skilled either. Robin had an amazing gun shot that would put most gunslingers in movies to shame.

Catwoman was a world renowned thief that was a very capable fighter as shown on screen.

Psychotron
Yeah people that sit around and do nothing all day are fat. They may not be obese but they are definitely not lean muscle like Bruce was. He was clearly in shape the type of shape someone can only get in if they stay active.

Yeah cause those two you mentioned aren't supposed to be incredibly skilled either. Robin had an amazing gun shot that would put most gunslingers in movies to shame.

Catwoman was a world renowned thief that was a very capable fighter as shown on screen.

Or he could have been keeping a healthy diet. There is that. Don't tell me you've never met someone who doesn't work out and has a six-pack.

They're not. Robin looked like he shit his pants after he killed those guys so that's clearly the first time he's done anything like that. Thievery =/= Fighting. I know Catwoman was supposed to be a badass but her fight scenes were silly at best.

Newjak
Or he could have been keeping a healthy diet. There is that. Don't tell me you've never met someone who doesn't work out and has a six-pack.

They're not. Robin looked like he shit his pants after he killed those guys so that's clearly the first time he's done anything like that. Thievery =/= Fighting. I know Catwoman was supposed to be a badass but her fight scenes were silly at best. He wouldn't have had the same build unless he was staying active. He had too much lean muscle covering his body.

Just cause he hasn't killed anyone and was shocked at it doesn't mean he isn't skilled. He still performed a gun shot that would make most movie gunslingers envious.

Same argument you use anytime you don't like someone, since their fight scenes weren't up to your standards their feats during those scenes become null in void.

She manhandled a man, and armed people on multiple occasions. Those are her feats and those show she was skilled regardless of what you thought of the fight choreography.

BruceSkywalker
No one except BruceSkywalker believes Bane beats a sword-wielding Ra's.

because Ra's does lose.. also its not like Ra's walked up to Batman and then stabs him that didn't happen, people are given Ra's a feat/feats he NEVER EVER SHOWED...Batman clearly avoids Ra's sword strikes and then breaks the sword, then Ra's clearly, clearly gets beat up.. Rises shows Bane to be an agile person who can certainly avoid the sword and then beat up Ra's.. People up in here clearly hate Bane, thing is that ignorance will not sway me from saying Ra's loses... I said it already Bane will see the sword, he isn't blind like people want him to be..

He wouldn't have had the same build unless he was staying active. He had too much lean muscle covering his body.

Just cause he hasn't killed anyone and was shocked at it doesn't mean he isn't skilled. He still performed a gun shot that would make most movie gunslingers envious.

Same argument you use anytime you don't like someone, since their fight scenes weren't up to your standards their feats during those scenes become null in void.

She manhandled a man, and armed people on multiple occasions. Those are her feats and those show she was skilled regardless of what you thought of the fight choreography.

its just peoples hatred and ignorance towards the film

Psychotron
He wouldn't have had the same build unless he was staying active. He had too much lean muscle covering his body.

He doesn't have the same build. He's bigger in BB. In fact he's bigger than Bane in BB. Bruce had clearly slimmed down over the years.

Ok, what feats does Robin have to make you think he's a badass? He almost got his shit pushed in by those two fat guys and had to shoot them. That's all I can think of. He sucks.

Yeah, fine. I don't want to argue about women in action roles, but all that's irrelevant anyway.

Bane's just a brawler, he's not faster than Ra's, he has no real skill, all he has is his strength and his pain-tolerance. And they amount to nothing against a sword.

Tzeentch._
We know Bane had speed enough to catch Batman's punch twice - FactBatman's slow haymakers weren't much faster than Bane's. That's the point. They were both fighting like shit. Brawling moreso than using any real martial arts.

Which is totally irrelevant as we see him break them with punches later.

The pillar already had a massive crack in it and he punched the crack. Watch the footage again. Are you saying Batman's unarmored face is more durable than the concrete of a foot thick support beam? lulz.

Batman's fighting skills in TDKR were abysmal, which just leads credence to the notion that he was a shell of his former self, even after his totally nonsensical training regiment in the prison. So I really don't see how that's relevant at all.

And you need to watch the Batman/Ras fight again. Ras won their fight. He had Batman pinned to the ground underneath his knee, and had his hands wrapped around Bruce's throat. It was only after Gordon blew up the tracks and Ras looked away to watch the tracks collapsing that Bruce pulled a reversal and pinned him to the ground.

Bane is a terrible fighter who relies on hilariously telegraphed haymakers in his fights, and lost to an out of shape Batman who's recovering from a broken back and 6 months of prison food, whereas Ras managed to solidly beat a Brucee Wayne in the prime of his life. Yeah, Ras destroys Bane in a fight. One punch to the mouth and Bane's cowering in a corner cuddling his facemask. Considering that Ras is significantly quicker than Bane and a more skilled fighter, that is the inevitability. With or without the sword.

Robtard
Not sure why people find it hard to believe that a man with decades more experience and the one that trained Wayne to be a total bad-ass couldn't somehow be more of a bad-ass himself.

"The student doesn't always surpass the teacher." -Probably some long dead Chinese guy

ares834
Which is totally irrelevant as we see him break them with punches later.

Where? He punches the mask again afterward breathing it but nothing suggest it's broken by punches.

The pillar already had a massive crack in it and he punched the crack. Watch the footage again. Are you saying Batman's unarmored face is more durable than the concrete of a foot thick support beam? lulz.

Considering we see Bane punch holes in the beam... Yes.

no expression

Batman's fighting skills in TDKR were abysmal, which just leads credence to the notion that he was a shell of his former self, even after his totally nonsensical training regiment in the prison. So I really don't see how that's relevant at all.

The choreography was never good in any of the films. It's by far the worst in TDK which I've seen some people on this forum call Batman's "prime". Anyway, Batman displays far more strength in TDKR then in any of the others films like lifting Bane with a kick and kicking through brick.

Mindset
You care too much. And it's strange how you conceive of no worthwhile difference between a man in his prime, and a man 8 years out of practise, walking with a limp and cane and a doctor-diagnosed bill of ill health. He defeated Ra's in his prime, and lost to Bane in his nadir--what part of that do you not agree with? I care as much as you do.

The part that you seem to think a man that doesn't have cartilage and has to walk with a cane is weak, yet he can repel down the side of a building and climb out of a pit.

Lord Lucien
I care as much as you do.

The part that you seem to think a man that doesn't have cartilage and has to walk with a cane is weak, yet he can repel down the side of a building and climb out of a pit. What about it? The move flat out tells us he doesn't have any, and that he has a skull fracture. That's not my opinion, that's fact. Go back in time to Begins when none of that's a problem, and when he's 9 years younger... and yeah. He's in better shape. Seriously, what are you disagreeing with?

Mindset
And the fact is that despite that he moves around like it isn't true, deal with it.

Lord Lucien
Because of braces.

Mindset
He repelled down the side of the hospital and climbed out of the pit with braces?

No.

Lord Lucien
That's a clear indicator that he's as strong as he was 8-9 years previous?

No.

Mindset

No. Did I ever say that?

No.

You lost.

http://i.qkme.me/3psylw.jpg

Lord Lucien
Right...

Newjak

No. It's a clear indicator that whatever ailments he was said to have had aren't really messing with him as bad as you would believe.

Mindset
It's a clear indicator that whatever ailments he was said to have had aren't really messing with him as bad as you would believe. Thank you, it's really not that hard to understand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.