Twist Endings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dynamix
So...from numerous debates i've had film lovers both on and off line, i've come to find out that twist endings are often, for the most part, shun and looked upon as a form of "cop-out". I disagree, when done right, i think it heightens the movie experience. Take "The Others" and even cult favorites like "Camp Sleepaway". These, i felt, were instances of a well delivered twist. What are some horror film with twist, you thought were well executed or just memorable overall?

rudester
some twist lead to new adventures.. I guess that's what the directors had i mind to do with budget cuts or premier deadlines..
Movie goers dont realize how much control production companies have, sometimes its just a split decision on to which ending to go with, and most times the movies get cut just because they do not fit the timing window.

Cube (1997) The perpetrator trader turned out to be the last person you ever thought it would be, then her boss just shot her after she had completed her mission. I thought this ending was stupid because her boss was never introduced as a character and was a new face to the movie, it left you with more questions then answers as to who they were?

Hellraiser - Ending - the homeless man turned out to be a dinosaur with wings? wtf?

Somewhere in time - one of my favorite endings for a sappy movie
when christopher was pulled back into his time just as he finally could be with her, powerful scene. lol

wonderlust
Kill List, British horror film both brutal and mind****ing.

sukhchain
Originally posted by wonderlust
Kill List, British horror film both brutal and mind****ing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.