Classic Count Nefaria vs. Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

pym-ftw
Ionic? If so Nefaria beats him down

zopzop
Blue Marvel has a damn good chance to take some wins, IMHO he could get 50/50 vs Classic Nefaria.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
Blue Marvel has a damn good chance to take some wins, IMHO he could get 50/50 vs Classic Nefaria.

All in all who would you say has the most ink time? In my opinion it's very close. I also think Adam would kick his behind in, if he isn't holding back, and goes at him like he did when he put Anti Man away, and King Hyperion.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by zopzop

Not a chance in hell...

Damborgson
Nefaria

Heavenly king
Nefaria

guy222
cn

Damborgson
Originally posted by guy222
cn

thumb up

Horrificus
Nefaria

Stoic
What is everyone basing Nefaria winning on? I'm just curious, because Adam has feats that can counter several of the reasons. I can't see Nefaria's old feats standing up to Adam's latest feats. Blue Marvel KO'd Bob with one hit that sent him into orbit, and Bob fought up until that point the strongest version of the Hulk to a near stalemate. I'm just wondering what gives Nefaria a better shot at winning this?

KingD19
Also nearly split the moon in half, stopped an asteroid the size of Arkansas, and stopped an alien invasion singlehandedly.

Stoic
Originally posted by KingD19
Also nearly split the moon in half, stopped an asteroid the size of Arkansas, and stopped an alien invasion singlehandedly.

Well based off of feats I'd say that places him on par or above Nefaria.

KingD19
And to clarify, he was holding back when he nearly split the moon in half. Uatu said if he hadn't been holding back as much as he was, thing would have split right down the middle.

D-Block
Blue Marvel wins this.

Horrificus
Now I REALLY think Nefaria wins this.

Stoic
Originally posted by Horrificus
Now I REALLY think Nefaria wins this.

Why's that?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Stoic
Why's that? Because the arguments against him are weak and no new evidence was introduced.

abhilegend
Nefaria was taking hits from classic thor like nothing and mjolnir bounced off of his chest. Blue marvel isn't in that league.

KingD19
Blue Marvel took down King Hyperion. The guy who killed his own Hulk and Thor. And if anything, his universes super powered community seemed stronger as it took two Hyperions to even fight him.

Stoic
Because the arguments against him are weak and no new evidence was introduced.

Really? Have you taken a look at the others, that were against Blue Marvel winning?

Nefaria
Originally posted by guy222
cn
Originally posted by Heavenly king
Nefaria
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Not a chance in hell...
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nefaria was taking hits from classic thor like nothing and mjolnir bounced off of his chest. Blue marvel isn't in that league.

These are pretty convincing arguments.

abhilegend
Blue Marvel took down King Hyperion. The guy who killed his own Hulk and Thor. And if anything, his universes super powered community seemed stronger as it took two Hyperions to even fight him.
The same king hyperion broke his hand punching huggernaut. Alternate reality characters are shit. Those two hyperions were from alternate realities.

Stoic
The same king hyperion broke his hand punching huggernaut. Alternate reality characters are shit. Those two hyperions were from alternate realities.

Not all of the time.

KingD19

Broke his hand? From what I remember of that fight, he was toying with Cain, he got a few good hits in, then he stopped playing and snapped Cain's knee. Then someone brought out that radiation that he's weak against.

abhilegend
Broke his hand? From what I remember of that fight, he was toying with Cain, he got a few good hits in, then he stopped playing and snapped Cain's knee. Then someone brought out that radiation that he's weak against.
He broke his hand punching cain's face.

KingD19
Scans? Because I don't remember that. And it sounds like PIS, as Luke Cage and Thor both were punching Cain just fine.

Damborgson
He punched him in the skull to be exact. Not on the cheek or something.

KingD19
Just re-read it. He wrecked Cain that entire fight, and I'm not convinced he "broke" his hand. As he clenched it in the very next panel. Hurt it sure, even though every other punch landed with no problem.

What "broke" his hand was the argonite radiation at the end, because he was perfectly fine before Ghost turned on the controller, but after he looked like he'd been beat to hell.

Stoic
Just re-read it. He wrecked Cain that entire fight, and I'm not convinced he "broke" his hand. As he clenched it in the very next panel. Hurt it sure, even though every other punch landed with no problem.

What "broke" his hand was the argonite radiation at the end, because he was perfectly fine before Ghost turned on the controller, but after he looked like he'd been beat to hell.

Yeah I began feeling sorry for Cain when I saw that match. I even grimaced when I saw him pop his knee out of location. Besides that. Blue Marvel KO'd the Sentry with one punch. He's certainly in Nefaria's league at the very least. Sentry IMO could easily replace Thor, and Blue Marvel took on a team just as powerful as the one that Nefaria took on, but instead of going for it like an evil character like Nefaria did, he tried to reason with the Avengers.

Horrificus
Yeah I began feeling sorry for Cain when I saw that match. I even grimaced when I saw him pop his knee out of location. Besides that. Blue Marvel KO'd the Sentry with one punch. He's certainly in Nefaria's league at the very least. Sentry IMO could easily replace Thor, and Blue Marvel took on a team just as powerful as the one that Nefaria took on, but instead of going for it like an evil character like Nefaria did, he tried to reason with the Avengers. Sentry is a terrible character to use for these purposes. A continuity nightmare and a horrible hero to get behind in the forums.

Nefaria was, plain and simple, a beast. When he broke onto the scene with his ionic powers, there was simply no stopping him.

BM has potential.

KingD19
But the Sentry he fought was one of the most powerful incarnations. The same one that went toe to toe with WWH. BM made him pass out.

Horrificus
But the Sentry he fought was one of the most powerful incarnations. The same one that went toe to toe with WWH. BM made him pass out. So? I make people pass out all the time. It's fun and it's easy.

Stoic
So? I make people pass out all the time. It's fun and it's easy.

What do you mean? Choose your words carefully. stick out tongue

KingD19
So? I make people pass out all the time. It's fun and it's easy.

He punched him into orbit and knocked him out. Then he continued to fight the other Avengers(Iron Man, Wonderman, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, maybe more) all the time Sentry was ko'd, then Sentry dive bombed him from orbit, and Marvel still had fight in him, and they continued to fight. Then BM fell over, and Sentry fell over right after him.

And the whole time, Marvel was holding back and trying to talk sense into the Avengers.

KingD19
This is the same Sentry who fought WWH on even ground and made him turn back into Banner. He was probably more powerful as he'd been accessing Voidtry fairly frequently during this run.

srankmissingnin
Adam might have scored a flash ko on Sentry (I say might, because there is no indication that Sentry was truly unconscious), that lasted all of three panels... but he was getting worked over by Sentry in the initial exchange, and the tides only turned briefly because Sentry stopped beating him to say more or less "Stop fighting and stay down," which is what allowed Adam to land the blow that bfr'd Sentry for a few seconds. The moment Sentry came back to the battle (a few seconds later) Adam was koed almost instantly.

KingD19
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Adam might have scored a flash ko on Sentry (I say might, because there is no indication that Sentry was truly unconscious), that lasted all of three panels... but he was getting worked over by Sentry in the initial exchange, and the tides only turned briefly because Sentry stopped beating him to say more or less "Stop fighting and stay down," which is what allowed Adam to land the blow that bfr'd Sentry for a few seconds. The moment Sentry came back to the battle (a few seconds later) Adam was koed almost instantly.

No indication? His eyes were rolled back in his head and he was limp.

And they were fighting more or less equally while Adam was getting swarmed by the rest of the Avengers. Then he knocked him into orbit, kept fighting them, got dive bombed(that knocked everybody else back and away), then kept fighting for a bit before falling. And Sentry fell right after.

Stoic

He was KO'd there is no question about it. He also used a sneak attack blitz, at or near the speed of light. Every Avenger on the field was also attacking him. Credit due you know?

srankmissingnin
No indication? His eyes were rolled back in his head and he was limp.

And they were fighting more or less equally while Adam was getting swarmed by the rest of the Avengers. Then he knocked him into orbit, kept fighting them, got dive bombed(that knocked everybody else back and away), then kept fighting for a bit before falling. And Sentry fell right after.

He was KO'd there is no question about it. He also used a sneak attack blitz, at or near the speed of light. Every Avenger on the field was also attacking him. Credit due you know?

He was in space... everything was limp, there is no gravity. cool

Was he koed? Maybe. He was certainly disoriented, that's not up for debate... but knocked out? He was back up and already on his way back to the fight in three panels. If it was a boxing match the ref wouldn't have reached a ten count. And just what per say are you using to come to your conclusion that he blitzed Adam at the speed of light? What on panel evidence led you to draw that conclusion.

He held off Ares, Iron Man and Wonder Man for a handful of seconds. Any top tier brick could do that. Hulk held off the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers, Young Avengers and Agents of Atlas at the same time for several pages. Briefly fighting a group of people isn't the same as winning. Sentry showed up and effortless pummeled Adam. Adam managed to bfr Sentry for a handful of pages. Sentry came back and knocked him out. What else is there to talk about? What about that showing suggest Blue Marvel could match Count Nef?

Stoic
He was in space... everything was limp, there is no gravity. cool

Was he koed? Maybe. He was certainly disoriented, that's not up for debate... but knocked out? He was back up and already on his way back to the fight in three panels. If it was a boxing match the ref wouldn't have reached a ten count. And just what per say are you using to come to your conclusion that he blitzed Adam at the speed of light? What on panel evidence led you to draw that conclusion.

He held off Ares, Iron Man and Wonder Man for a handful of seconds. Any top tier brick could do that. Hulk held off the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers, Young Avengers and Agents of Atlas at the same time for several pages. Briefly fighting a group of people isn't the same as winning. Sentry showed up and effortless pummeled Adam. Adam managed to bfr Sentry for a handful of pages. Sentry came back and knocked him out. What else is there to talk about? What about that showing suggest Blue Marvel could match Count Nef?

Are you referring to the Savage Hulk? If so WW Hulk era Hulk was superior to Savage by a good deal. We saw this by comparioson when he defeated Rulk while he was still actively using his Loeb era powers of absorption, which is the same era Rulk that crashed the Savage Hulk's boards several times.

If you're arguing the amount of time that Sentry was out then you are correct, but this still does not mean that he was not KO'd because he was, it certainly did not put him out for a full 10 count, but the blow put him out, and if this was a one on one, where Adam flew in after the very brief KO, and began hammering him MMA style, until a ref pulled them apart, Sentry would have taken a hell of a beating, and would have been out even longer.

I really meant that Sentry later attacks Adam without Adam being aware of the Sentry flying back in, and punching him while he was fighting the Avengers. So this is my idea of a blitz. Perhaps you were thinking that I was saying that he hit him with a mutli hit combo type blitz. This was not what I meant. All the same it was a sneak attack, at great speed that took the wind out of Adam's sails. TBH I could see such an attack taking the wind out of Nefaria's sails as well.

Red_Sun2
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Classic wasnt ionic.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Red_Sun2
Classic wasnt ionic. What are you talking about? Nefaria when he was just a "mobster"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.