Batman in Legend of Zelda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Batman is placed at the start of Ocarina of Time.

He has all his standard equipment and can gain anything that Link does during the course of the game, including the Triforce of Courage.

Can he make it to the end and defeat Ganon?

Impediment
Batman with his grappling gear and lock picking skills could easily navigate most any temple/dungeon.

Batman could probably get to Ganon, but would Bats be worthy of the Triforce of Courage? I thought that only the Hero of Time could defeat the evil.

Impediment
Wait, how could Batman navigate the Desert Temple? He's too big for some of the corridors. Link had to go back in time as a kid to progress to get the power gauntlets.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Impediment
Batman with his grappling gear and lock picking skills could easily navigate most any temple/dungeon.

Batman could probably get to Ganon, but would Bats be worthy of the Triforce of Courage? I thought that only the Hero of Time could defeat the evil.

Well, he needs to actually be able to take down Ganon.

He can also gain the Master Sword if he is able to.

Blight
Being only the hero of time would be a no limits fallacy, yes?

I say batman clears it.

MooCowofJustice
If we take Skyward Sword into account I don't think Bats would ever be permitted to wield the Master Sword.

Nephthys
Why not?

I'm still letting him have it btw. The thread would be pointless if he had no way to damage Ganon. And you need the Master Sword to damage him.

BloodRain
Fairly simple victory then.

Batman is physically the same as Link, so this match is like a super intelligent Link with more gadgets going through OoT.

Actually when Link picked up the Master Sword it sealed him for seven years so he would be able to compete with Ganondorf. Batman wouldnt need this ageing. He wouldnt be sealed in time and Ganondorf wouldnt have taken the ToP.

Super intelligent BatLink with more gadgets vs Ganondorf without the ToP.

Nephthys
Hmm, ok then, no Triforce of Courage for Bats then. I didn't think it amped Link that much.

Blight
It would be rad to play this game. All the stealth takeouts. Think Arkham City in Hyrule. The Night is Batman's friend.

ares834
Ganon would never even get his hands on the ToP.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Hmm, ok then, no Triforce of Courage for Bats then. I didn't think it amped Link that much. If Batman doesn't get the Triforce of Courage, then Ganondorf kills him with his bare hands.

Also, Batman is seriously hampered by his unwillingness to kill.

Why wouldn't Ganondorf get the Triforce of Power? Once the Door to Time is opened, Batman sure as shit isn't going to stop him from taking it.

ScreamPaste
Batman cannot win for a few reasons.

He might not be able to get the spiritual stones, because where Link is selfless and helpful, Batman is threatening and mean, and that just doesn't work on Gorons. haermm

Even if he did, he wouldn't be able to draw the Master Sword because it chooses its' own wielder. Now, if we force that because Neph said so, he probably won't get the ToC. Link got the ToC because it chose him for his qualities.

Bats might get the ToW, I guess? No ToC means Bats gets killed. Bats might also die in Jabu Jabu's stomach, actually. But meh.

If he gets the ToC, he's still too old to enter the spirit temple. The Shadow Temple would **** with him, too.

Lastly, as NemeBro mentioned, he'd need to break his no-killing-rule. If he does, somehow, make it to Ganon at the end, and doesn't fight to kill, he's utterly ****ed.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
He might not be able to get the spiritual stones, because where Link is selfless and helpful, Batman is threatening and mean,

Batman once risked his life to save a cat. :I

BloodRain
Bats is pretty ToC material.. perhaps.

He doesn't have to kill him, just rough him up and find a way to properly seal him.

Because Dorf was able to walk in unopposed as Link was suspended in time. This time he'll have Batman there to stop him.

At this stage without the ToP Dorf is basically base Link with some magic.

NemeBro
Haha, no.

We see what a Ganondorf without the Triforce of Courage can do in Wind Waker.

He caves Batman's skull in.

Nephthys
Yes, because Batman has never faced a physically superio-oh wait!

NemeBro
He can't hurt Ganondorf.

Nephthys
He has the Master Sword.

BloodRain
Isn't that an older Dorf?

Besides the 7 years experience in OoT, he was revived for a while(years?) before WW and was more driven. Its unlikely he was as strong as pre-skip Dorf.

BruceSkywalker
batman holds up triforce triumphantly

NemeBro
Originally posted by BloodRain
Isn't that an older Dorf?

Besides the 7 years experience in OoT, he was revived for a while(years?) before WW and was more driven. Its unlikely he was as strong as pre-skip Dorf. So you are under the impression tha the went on some incredible workout to make him much faster and stronger than he was?

What basis do you have to claim Ganondorf is base Link physically?

Nephthys
Question: It's the same Ganondorf in every game, right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nephthys
Question: It's the same Ganondorf in every game, right? Obviously not.

NemeBro
The timeline splits, Ganondorf in WW is the same as Ganondorf in OoT (Adult timeline), and Ganondorf in TP is the same in the child sections of OoT.

BloodRain
Originally posted by NemeBro
So you are under the impression tha the went on some incredible workout to make him much faster and stronger than he was?

What basis do you have to claim Ganondorf is base Link physically?

I don't know about physically, but I'd say yeah to magically. Actually, what besides the Night/Rain curse and erecting a barrier? Compare pre-ToP Dorf in OoT and TP to WW Dorf.

Dorf goes from being unable to break chains, gets the ToP and gains the strength to later match TP!Link's. Unless those were some steel+ chains, pre-ToP Dorf was at the strength of OoT!Link w/o Gauntlets.

Blight
Batman cannot win for a few reasons.

He might not be able to get the spiritual stones, because where Link is selfless and helpful, Batman is threatening and mean, and that just doesn't work on Gorons. haermm

Even if he did, he wouldn't be able to draw the Master Sword because it chooses its' own wielder. Now, if we force that because Neph said so, he probably won't get the ToC. Link got the ToC because it chose him for his qualities.

So the triforce of Courage has nothing to do with.... courage? And more to do with being likeable?? confused

Batman is only threatening and mean to his enemies. If the Goron's aren't perceived as enemies then why would he try to intimidate them?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Blight
So the triforce of Courage has nothing to do with.... courage? And more to do with being likeable?? confused

Batman is only threatening and mean to his enemies. If the Goron's aren't perceived as enemies then why would he try to intimidate them? Isn't Batman's general ruthlessness why Dick left?

Blight
Isn't Batman's general ruthlessness why Dick left?
Um. No.

There were a lot of reasons Dick Left. He was harmed and Bruce told him he needed to take a break from Robin. He basically said no and became Nightwing. He also wanted to leave Batman's shadow and become his own man.

BloodRain
Isn't Link killing any enemy more ruthless than what Batman does?

Phanteros
Isn't Batman's general ruthlessness why Dick left? No he left due to several factors such as batman letting go after being shoot in the shoulder by joker and their methods in dealing out crime. That and he wanted to be more independent.

edit: Ninja'd, but as BR said Link killing is will be consider more ruthless in batman's standards.

Blight
Originally posted by BloodRain
Isn't Link killing any enemy more ruthless than what Batman does? laughing out loud

That's a huge point I hadn't thought about.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NemeBro
The timeline splits, Ganondorf in WW is the same as Ganondorf in OoT (Adult timeline), and Ganondorf in TP is the same in the child sections of OoT.

I ask because if that's true then I doubt Batman will be bound by his No-Kill policy, since the Master Sword never seems to actually kill him. By the time of OoT he's already revived once as I recall.

Also I think Batman makes exceptions in the case of people who have already died/zombies, such as Solomon Grundy and the Court of Owls (?). He also killed Darkseid. Furthermore, if he learns that the Master Sword is the only way to stop Ganondorf, then that would also urge him to use it on him.

UltimateDarius
This thread annoyed me to the point of registering an account for the sole purpose of making an argument lol.

Batman is the world's greatest detective. Once Zelda explains how the spiritual stones and the Master Sword work, Batman would deduce that the Triforce is safe in the sacred realm because Ganondorf cannot remove the Master Sword from the pedistal, therefore he does nothing. Instead, he works on finding a way back to Gotham.

juggerman
Originally posted by Impediment
Wait, how could Batman navigate the Desert Temple? He's too big for some of the corridors. Link had to go back in time as a kid to progress to get the power gauntlets.

Robin

XanatosForever
Originally posted by UltimateDarius
This thread annoyed me to the point of registering an account for the sole purpose of making an argument lol.

Batman is the world's greatest detective. Once Zelda explains how the spiritual stones and the Master Sword work, Batman would deduce that the Triforce is safe in the sacred realm because Ganondorf cannot remove the Master Sword from the pedistal, therefore he does nothing. Instead, he works on finding a way back to Gotham.

The problem with this argument is that the Legend of Zelda canon shows that Ganondorf was able to access the Sacred Realm if left unopposed. If Batman thinks doing nothing will work and leaves it'll be the same as the end of Ocarina of Time, and possibly worse, since there will be no Hero's Shade to train the next Hero in the era of Twilight.

Edit: Neat thread, Neph. At first I was like erm But after reading through, it's been getting some decent dialogue. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.