Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Rainbow Dash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae230/Shigure1233/rainbow_dash_and_sonic_cross_by_geogo999-d4pvd4u.png

Sonic, world's fastest hedgehog from said name's videogames meets the fastest pegasus in all of Equestria, Rainbow Dash from Friendship is Magic. These two cocky speedsters will fight and race to determine who is the fastest and most awesome.

Round 1 - The Race. The two compete in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing only except vehicles, the two are on foot (well for RD, her wings but you know what I mean). The stage is Whale Lagoon and it has four laps. Do note that even though Rainbow Dash can use her wings, she needs to follow the track accordingly and has to fly close to the ground. If she flies over anything, including the ring-shaped rock formation, she's disqualified.

Round 2 - An all out fight. Rainbow is allowed everything from weather manipulation (shooting lightning out of clouds, circling around fast enough to make a small tornado, etc.), to a Sonic Rainboom (to be fair, she doesn't spam this). And if you think she can't handle herself in close quarters because she's a pony and would just kick all the time, you'd be wrong. She showed to be a black belt in karate while helping Applebloom get a cutie mark and if belts don't convince you, she kicked some Changeling ass in the season 2 finale.

Sonic has shields that give him only a one time usage like a Normal Shield that protects him from one hit, an Insta-Shield that briefly helps expand the range of his Spin Attack, and a Lightning Shield that temporarily protects him from any form of electricity for a minute. Also, Sonic is prohibited from using any chaos emeralds.

This battle will take place all around Ponyville.

Who wins?

Nemesis X
ಠ_ಠ

BloodRain
Sonic can effortlessly hit Mach 1, can even surpass it. RD hits Mach 1 at best. Race goes to Sonic. :3

And the fight too, I guess.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Sonic can effortlessly hit Mach 1, can even surpass it. RD hits Mach 1 at best. Race goes to Sonic. :3

And the fight too, I guess.
Except RD has a lightning dodge feat and as a filly flew so fast a rock miles away was damaged. (Rarity's geode) She caused crazy winds on Pinkie's rock farm, too.

Mach 1 at best is inaccurate.

BloodRain
Oh yeah, that guy calced the Rainboom to have her moving at Mach 5 at her fastest

the ninjak
Didn't Sonic in the cartoon go so fast he went through time?

Creating multiple versions of himself smashing on Robotnik>

BloodRain
New comics or old comics? 'cause the old ones had him moving faster than light. Modern comics are only canon if OP says so.

Sonic casually runs at Mach 3 and has been said to be hypersonic in a manual, so his speed should be equal to RD at her max. I'd give the race to Sonic as he doesnt need to put in as much effort to go this fast.

Kazenji
Still got those old Sonic comics from Archie.....good times

i'm giving this one to Sonic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.