Natsu vs. Luffy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/11/25902.jpg vs. http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/9/137347.jpg

Scenario fights: using pre-timeskip Luffy

1. base Natsu vs. base Luffy

2. lightning mode Natsu vs. 2nd gear Luffy

3. Dragon Mode Natsu vs. time-skip Luffy

wakkawakkawakka
Even with Dragonforce Luffy should still win. Natsu's only advantage, least from what I can see, is destructive power and that can only do so much. Even at base Luffy is still faster and stronger than Natsu. The other two scenarios Luffy takes rather handily.

vansonbee
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Even with Dragonforce Luffy should still win. Natsu's only advantage, least from what I can see, is destructive power and that can only do so much. Even at base Luffy is still faster and stronger than Natsu. The other two scenarios Luffy takes rather handily. Can you give me a rating out of 10?

Natsu spam fire, plays any part? I don't think Luffy invulnerable to that.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by vansonbee
Can you give me a rating out of 10?

Okay for ratings I guess it could go like this:

1. Luffy 7/10

2. Luffy 9/10

3. Luffy 10/10

Natsu's advantage comes from the AoE of his attacks but Luffy has tanked worst: he could also just outright avoid some of Natsu's attacks. He's also physically stronger and faster than pretty much everyone in the FTverse save for perhaps Makarov: and that's only because I have no idea how to scale the airship feat right now.

Post-skip Luff has pre-cog and amped haki hits on top of his already superior strength. On top of that he can combine his gears w/o any serious harm to his body: well less harm than pre-skip Luffy experiences anyway.

Q99
Yea, the jump between pre and post skip Luffy is bigger than Natsu's power ups.

BloodRain
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Natsu's only advantage, least from what I can see, is destructive power and that can only do so much. Even at base Luffy is still faster and stronger than Natsu.
thumb up

Natsu's Dragon modes are able to harm Luffy, just not to any point where Luffy will be inconvenienced before Luffy knocks him out.

However if Natsu lands a direct hit from a full powered Lightning/Flame roar then he's be able to either beat or knock Luffy out.

Q99
One thing about this kind of matchup- If you always compare people in matching power-up levels (I.e. weakest to weakest, strongest to strongest), then odds are pretty good that if they win one, they'll win them all.

Additional scenarios should be stuff like Dragonforce Natsu vs Base Luffy.

Nephthys
Originally posted by vansonbee

He can take fire attacks on the chin with just pain. He had a golden ball melted onto his arm and all he did was yell in pain. He kept fighting with it on. He's taken a bunch of explosions before.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
He can take fire attacks on the chin with just pain. He had a golden ball melted onto his arm and all he did was yell in pain. He kept fighting with it on. He's taken a bunch of explosions before.

Yea, though the thing of Natsu is he's going to apply them as many times as he can rather than just once or a few times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.