Arrow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow

premieres Oct 10

will anyone watch?

Darth Vicious
I'll check it out. I read somewhere Huntress will be in it for an arc. Hopefully is good.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I'll check it out. I read somewhere Huntress will be in it for an arc. Hopefully is good.

yeah she is.. i think she first airs in the second or third show, but not certain

i also read today that the royal flush gang may make an appearance

Darth Vicious
Never really cared for the RFG. Huntress on the other hand =)

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Never really cared for the RFG. Huntress on the other hand =)

yeah same.. Huntress is a good character.. DC should have given her, her own series instead of pairing her with power girl..

here's the actress playing Huntress on the show..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2681284/

Darth Vicious
Looks young. Cute but not sexy.

BruceSkywalker
i agree but am hoping that'll change once she starts airing

D_A_R_E
It looks like it could either flop out big time or be quite good. I'm going to watch it just to see which.

Telpy
Hells yes

juggernaut74
The show was really good imo.

Darth Vicious
I thought it was ok. Not really committing to it yet. I was surprised they actually killed people on this show.

BruceSkywalker
liked what I saw.. It seems Ollie will have Batman type abilities..

next week , China White looks pretty good

Nephthys
Originally posted by juggernaut74
The show was really good imo.

Kazenji
Waiting for the show to start in my country, They been showing the ads on tv 'Arrow comic soon'...

first look at Deathstroke

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173163-first-look-at-deathstroke-in-arrow

ares834
Deathstroke looks great!

Anyway, they show was pretty god but I have a few complaints. I'll admit that I don't know much about Green Arrow, but so far it's very similar to Batman Begins. Hell, both of them even pretend to be playboys. But, I guess there if you're going to emulate a Superhero origin movie it might as well be the best one. Secondly, he needs an eye mask. The paint looks stupid and is even worse at protecting his identity than Supe's glasses. I also thought it kinda funny when his sister whined about her life and how she was on her own.

Anyway, other than those few nitpicks I really enjoyed the show. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Placidity
I liked how both Stephen Saunders and Curtis Manning were on the show. I found it a little amusing.

Only awesome people will know what I'm talking about.

As for the story of the pilot, one thing I didn't like was how he got the tech (to steal the money). He only just came back, and although he is very wealthy, doesn't look like he had access to that sort of technology. Maybe it will be revealed from his time on the island how he came to build or acquire something like that so quickly.

And I didn't like that Dinah wasn't a blonde.

But that tennis ball shooting was okay, so I'll let it slide a bit.

the ninjak
Yeah agreed, he shouldn't have had access to that tech arrow.

Unless there is something about the island we don't know yet. Deadshot's mask was on the island as well. So maybe it was an old hideout or something. Maybe GA's father knew more than we are led to believe as well.

Placidity
Originally posted by the ninjak

Unless there is something about the island we don't know yet. Deadshot's mask was on the island as well.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. It is likely the 5 years was more than just surviving on the island. They better come back to the mask, otherwise that's just bad writing.

Placidity
Oh, and that girl dancing in the middle looked nothing like Kristen Stewart, she was much more attractive.

Nephthys
I agree that its very close to Begins, but thats what I liked about it. I really enjoy these more realistic interpretations of superheroes.

I wonder if other superheroes will show up. I hope Black Canary becomes a thing, and it would be cool if Batman showed up and gave him shit about killing people.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah agreed, he shouldn't have had access to that tech arrow.

Unless there is something about the island we don't know yet. Deadshot's mask was on the island as well. So maybe it was an old hideout or something. Maybe GA's father knew more than we are led to believe as well.

Im thinking right now seeing Slade's mask and Deadshot's mask on the island was just them telling the audience that those characters will be appearing on the show..

Originally posted by Nephthys
I agree that its very close to Begins, but thats what I liked about it. I really enjoy these more realistic interpretations of superheroes.

I wonder if other superheroes will show up. I hope Black Canary becomes a thing, and it would be cool if Batman showed up and gave him shit about killing people.

if done right Dinah should become Black Canary by the season finale unless they wait until next season.. as for Batman being in this.. From I've read so far he won't appear

Nephthys
Qu9QZkL-MS4

Minor spoilers.

BruceSkywalker
Qu9QZkL-MS4

Minor spoilers.

looking good

BlackZero30x
I don't even like the green arrow in the comics but this show is legit! Im hooked!

steverules_2
I thought it was gonna be a smallville spin off but it seems to be it's own thing and I'm looking forward to episode 3

BruceSkywalker
this show has been very good so far. i believe they'll keep it up..

Originally posted by steverules_2
I thought it was gonna be a smallville spin off but it seems to be it's own thing and I'm looking forward to episode 3

if done right Arrow can be on as long as Smallville was

ares834
So the girl Oliver likes, but won't date because he wants to protect her, works for the DA.... Never seen this before. stick out tongue

-K-M-
yeah very Batman Begins, which isnt a bad thing.

It's funny watching the series as Oliver's house is my old campus in Victoria. Royal Roads University.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ares834
So the girl Oliver likes, but won't date because he wants to protect her, works for the DA.... Never seen this before. stick out tongue

But you know at some point Dinah will find out

BruceSkywalker
full season pick up

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173313-arrow-gets-a-full-season-pick-up

BruceSkywalker
Deadshot in action

Nephthys
This series is great for how utterly silly it is. Oliver is just so completely unsubtle about his crime-fighting. He barely bothered lying about that laptop.

Mindset
Hard to make the connection from someone having a laptop with bullet holes in it to they're a crime fighter.

Everyone still thinks he's a lazy, drunk, playboy.

Nephthys
Its easy when you find floorplans on it to a place that had an assassination attempt the next day. Maybe not specifically crime-fighter, but somethings dodgy there.

I was also talking about the bodyguard, but I get the feeling he was always going to tell him so his unsubtlty is understandable.

Mindset
Its easy when you find floorplans on it to a place that had an assassination attempt the next day. Maybe not specifically crime-fighter, but somethings dodgy there.

I was also talking about the bodyguard, but I get the feeling he was always going to tell him so his unsubtlty is understandable. No it's not.

BruceSkywalker
good show last night

Mr. Rhythmic
This show is everything "Smallville," "Heroes," and "The Cape" weren't: Exciting, action packed, and filled with characters I actually care about. Each episode, the dialogue gets better, and the actors feel that much more like the characters.

-K-M-
Deadshot was like a Zsasz hybrid. Wasn't a fan of his attire

Decent episode

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -K-M-
Deadshot was like a Zsasz hybrid. Wasn't a fan of his attire

Decent episode

the attire was ok for tv.. they weren't gonna have him be dressed like he is in the comics

-K-M-
Oh yeah I didn't expect they would, still wasnt a fan of his TV attire. His eye scope looked pretty chessy.

steverules_2
Guess we won't be seeing him any time in the future...

Mindset
I don't see why not.

They left it to where he could still be alive, using tv tropes it's pretty obvious he's still alive.

-K-M-
Yeah I bet the big scope saved him, and with Arrow not checking if he was alive or dead we should see him again. He definetly lost his eye, but is it deep enough to reach his brain?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/arrow.png
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/arrow2.png

BruceSkywalker
Oh yeah I didn't expect they would, still wasnt a fan of his TV attire. His eye scope looked pretty chessy.

when i saw his eye attire i laughed a little

BruceSkywalker
good show last night..

next week SLADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

-K-M-
Thought this episode was meh. Some of the supporting characters annoy me. Such as IT chick, Oliver's sister, the african-american friend that constantly wants Laurel (how is she Black Canary again?...she did show some martial arts skill but far cry (get it?) from her comic counterpart) to meet someone or go drinking.

Ending was interesting though.

Nephthys
I'm not seeing the meh. I thought it was a damn good episode myself. I'm amazed at how fast the plot is going. 4 episodes in and already he's hauled in for questioning. And on how they're questioning his brutality and killing. I especially really liked the juxtaposition to the flashbacks of him having an emotional time killing the bird versus his seemingly detached manner now. I really love that moral ambiguity in anything.

This is good TV imo.

wakkawakkawakka
I missed it sad. Oh well better luck next week, it's nice to know this is a legitimately good show.

BruceSkywalker
Thought this episode was meh. Some of the supporting characters annoy me. Such as IT chick, Oliver's sister, the african-american friend that constantly wants Laurel (how is she Black Canary again?...she did show some martial arts skill but far cry (get it?) from her comic counterpart) to meet someone or go drinking.

im hoping dinah will become black canary be season's end

Placidity

This.

Let me make it official:

Hate List:

1. Oliver's Sister - Stupid Brat
2. Dinah's - "Let's Go Drink/**** it Up" Friend
3. Oliver's Best Friend - Major Beta Orbiter
4. IT Chick - Funny Quirky Character Fail

Oliver's Body Guard is also starting to get annoying. It's like he doesn't realize how far Oliver is above him. Sometimes he acts as if his military experience actually means something. Oliver just needs you to be an errand/support boy, maybe later he'll give you a few "special" assignments to feel important.

And, Dinah should be a blonde.

-K-M-
Half way into the new episode and SLAAAAAAAAAAADE appears

Nephthys
Wow, the episode came out early in Canada or something.

It was gooood. ^_^

-K-M-
Did that person call Deathstroke, Bishop? I wonder if that's Checkmate

BruceSkywalker
wow this show keeps getting better with each ep..

can't wait to see Slade again

-K-M-
I wonder if it's not actually Deathstroke (both eyes), perhaps it's Ravenger (ie. Slade's son) and Ollie kills him after he kills his mentor hence this....

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/Death-stroke.png-640x360.jpg

Wild theory I know.

-K-M-
Screen cap I took

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/stroke.png

Mindset
I just wish the mask wasn't horrible.

-K-M-
I like it, sure it's putty looking but for some reason I like it.

Mindset
You like wieners in your mouth.

-K-M-
Nuh uh, you do. I know it as you put my weiner in your mou...errrr...nevermind.

the ninjak
His mask looked stupid.

His heads too big....like Nolan Batmans.

BruceSkywalker
diggles and oliver's relationship has gotten better.. this show is da bomb..
i do wish there would be a villain Oli has faced in the comics where the villain could be on the show periodically

Mindset
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
diggles and oliver's relationship has gotten better.. this show is da bomb..
i do wish there would be a villain Oli has faced in the comics where the villain could be on the show periodically The usually happens about 3/4 the way of the 1st season or the start of the second.

-K-M-
Not a fan of the rendition of the Royal Flush Gang

IT girl still annoys me.

-K-M-
I wonder if Oliver's BFF will actually turn evil as he is supposed to be?

Will laurei turn into Black Canary

Will Oliver's sister become his sidekick ie. Speedy?

Find out next week, same Arrow-time, same Arrow-channel

Mindset

IT girl still annoys me. I'd smash.

-K-M-
Oh naturally....

qqXi8WmQ_WM

steverules_2
IT girl still annoys me.

THANK YOU! So annoying, she makes jokes that aren't funny and...I just want them to have her fired or killed off

-K-M-
She's an idiot, who makes snarky remarks to the CEO of the company, as well as towards the son of the man who formed the company?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mindset
The usually happens about 3/4 the way of the 1st season or the start of the second.

i want it to be now.. stick out tongue

IT girl still annoys me.

i think it was the only way to do it that way insteasd of how they're portrayed in the comics.. IT girl is cute and hot

laughing out loud

thumb up

-K-M-
Yeah I'm glad they didn't dress up like the comics, but hockey masks? Bah!

Mindset
What would they wear?

Was better than Deathstroke's mask...terrible.

-K-M-
Not hockey masks.

YOU'RE TERRIBLE!
-------------

Sidenote: Did they even say the name Royal Flush Gang in the episode?

BruceSkywalker
Not hockey masks.

YOU'RE TERRIBLE!
-------------

Sidenote: Did they even say the name Royal Flush Gang in the episode?

no they didn't which i thought was another plus.. i think they just went for people in hockey masks as a nod to the royal flush gang characters

-K-M-
Maybe the son will return and bring back a "real" Royal Flush Gang? They kept saying he wanted to go on his own....or the mom and the other son break him out and go for revenge.

BruceSkywalker
Maybe the son will return and bring back a "real" Royal Flush Gang? They kept saying he wanted to go on his own....or the mom and the other son break him out and go for revenge.

that certainly can happen

Placidity

1. Yes. Feels like Clarke and Lex's beginnings in Smallville - started as friends, both like the same whore etc etc.

2. Maybe, doubt it.

3. No.

the ninjak

I know nothing of the comic canon....

But I realised the Speedy remark.....his sister would suck though as a sidekick though.

His best friend is supposed to become a villain?? Why not.

And his main squeeze Black Canary?? She new how to fight in a recent ep though.
The whole show revolves around Dinah 'Laurel' Lance screwing everyone around her. She is the true manipulator of the whole show so it wouldn't surprise me if she ended up going over Green Arrow's head.

This show is The Punisher meets Days of Our Lives...and regardless of its many faults, it's bloody addictive.

-K-M-
This is supposed to be his BFF
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merlyn_(DC_Comics)

-K-M-
The Huntress....boring

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/11/02/arrow-huntress.jpg

BruceSkywalker
The Huntress....boring

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/11/02/arrow-huntress.jpg

she looks ok in the pic. will judge though next week

-K-M-
Ok episode, seeing some interesting plot developments though

BruceSkywalker
good episode tonight.. Jessica De Gouw as Helena/Huntress actually was pretty good

the ninjak
good episode tonight.. Jessica De Gouw as Helena/Huntress actually was pretty good

Yeah I liked it too. Having her wear just a motorcycle helmet instead of the garb was a wise choice.

I forgot Kelly Hu was in this show as well. She wears too much clothes, I feel cheated.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah I liked it too. Having her wear just a motorcycle helmet instead of the garb was a wise choice.

I forgot Kelly Hu was in this show as well. She wears too much clothes, I feel cheated.

well there might be an episode in which kelly might not wear much big grin

BruceSkywalker
the CW heard me.. more Slade

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173863-manu-bennett-recast-as-deathstroke-in-arrow

YFZ 350
This show is fecking awesome.

Nephthys
"I don't speak chinese, so I'm just going to assume you said goodbye."

God damn. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
"I don't speak chinese, so I'm just going to assume you said goodbye."

God damn. thumb up

loved that line.. this show rocks with each episode

juggernaut74
Another good episode. BTW who was the copycat killer?

srankmissingnin
Merlyn:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080616204347/greenarrow/images/4/46/Merlyn.jpg

juggernaut74
I thought so, but isn't he buddy named that also?

srankmissingnin
I thought so, but isn't he buddy named that also?

Yeah, Barrowman is his friend's dad I assume.

-K-M-
He is, they revealed it a few episodes ago.

Mindset
I think the person Ollie is talking about is none other than our very own King Mungi.

BruceSkywalker
great episode..

wakkawakkawakka
I keep missing stuff...damnit.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I keep missing stuff...damnit.

you're missing a damn great show

the ninjak
So who taught him how to fight on the island? Considering the original GA got killed in the last episode whilst Queen was still pretty new.

Nephthys
Did he? I thought he was just knocked out.....

-K-M-
Oh good their focusing more and more on annoying IT girl

I think the person Ollie is talking about is none other than our very own King Mungi.

SPOILERS!!!!!!

-K-M-
Oh good Oliver's sister is still a *****!

So who taught him how to fight on the island? Considering the original GA got killed in the last episode whilst Queen was still pretty new.

Wasn't killed

the ninjak
Oh good Oliver's sister is still a *****!

Wasn't killed

Ohhhh.......I thought Deathstroke cut his throat before they dragged him away.

Ahh now that I watch it again he just punched him unconcious...good stuff.

-K-M-
The motion made it seem like he did, but no blood and he was standing on his own while they carried him away. I had to double check to be sure.

-K-M-
All I have to say about the show is...more Deathstroke please.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/death_zps1a3c49c8.png

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/death2_zps743124a0.png

BruceSkywalker
All I have to say about the show is...more Deathstroke please.

slade will return

-K-M-
slade will return

http://www.j1studios.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/arrow-slade-300x168.jpg

steverules_2
Guess he gets an arrow to the eye at some point, he seems good at catching arrows

Can't wait to see deathstroke after the Island

the ninjak
An arrow in a mask on a stick means nothing.

Cept the mask was removed and an arrow stuck through it.

-K-M-
I think he survives it and that is how he loses his one eye like how he has just one in the comics.

However, that's definetly a head stuck on a stick. If not DS, then whos? Maybe his son?

BruceSkywalker
I think he survives it and that is how he loses his one eye like how he has just one in the comics.

However, that's definetly a head stuck on a stick. If not DS, then whos? Maybe his son?

i think when they showed the arrow through the mask was simply some sort of red herring.. since manu bennett from the spartacus starz series was hired to replace the first guy i believe slade will show up in the present day

-K-M-
Firefly

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/12/18/arrow-promo-debuts-first-look-at-firefly-in-midseason-premiere/

BruceSkywalker
Firefly

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/12/18/arrow-promo-debuts-first-look-at-firefly-in-midseason-premiere/

good promo

FistOfThe North
can't wait for tonight's episode ...

Robtard

LoL, that is a terrible costume.

Also, wasn't aware Joseph Gordon-Levitt was on it. Odd.

Mindset
Hmm, seems like a club would have some kind of sprinkler system.

BruceSkywalker
pretty good show last night..

the ninjak
Oh so it's back on air....sweet!

BruceSkywalker
yup

the ninjak
Episode was nothing to right home about.

The only reason I'm watching it now is to find out what happens on the island. If that turns out lame I might abandon this.

Needs alot more action and less Bold and the Beautiful.

BruceSkywalker
i like this show.. right amount of action each week.. also like how the comic book characters are being portrayed..

FistOfThe North
yea, i think i'll still keep watching but i'll have to admit, the first half of this season was much more interesting.

steverules_2
Big fan of the show, I will buy the first season when it's out...think I may enjoy it more than smallville

Mindset
You shut your whore mouth.

DARTH POWER
Love the show but some of the acting isn't the best.

BruceSkywalker
Roy Harper's 1st appearance..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174775-roy-harpers-introduction-to-arrow-revealed

IT Girl as if we all didn't know...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174771-oliver-queen-will-be-getting-a-new-partner-in-arrow

BruceSkywalker
pretty good.. loved the kate spencer reference

juggernaut74
I wonder if Slade has any enhanced abilities on the show?

steverules_2
You shut your whore mouth.

No shut yours! Happy Dance

BruceSkywalker
I wonder if Slade has any enhanced abilities on the show?

he might, but won't really know until we see Slade more in action

juggernaut74
he might, but won't really know until we see Slade more in action Well if that was him that tortured Ollie he was able to catch his arrows and easily snapp them with his thumbs.

Also in a side not this isn't a surprise, not to me anyways. This is a spoiler.

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/272847/-Description-Released-For-The-February-27th-Edition-of-Arrow.htm

BruceSkywalker
Well if that was him that tortured Ollie he was able to catch his arrows and easily snapp them with his thumbs.

Also in a side not this isn't a surprise, not to me anyways. This is a spoiler.

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/272847/-Description-Released-For-The-February-27th-Edition-of-Arrow.htm

im sure as the season unfold we will see more of slade

Rikudo sennin
Moira needs to die...

BruceSkywalker
great...simply great

ThorinWoofer
I like how they did Slade Wilson.

BruceSkywalker
yea they've done slade very well

wakkawakkawakka
Slade is cool but dat mask no expression

Annoyiny IT girl is annoying but at least she's useful. Glad I finally saw an episode this time.

steverules_2
The mask is spot on

Although Slade stabbed Billy in the eye so...dunno, we gonna get 2 deathstrokes or something, unless Billy is actually dead but I dunno. I am loving Slade though, just dives in, swings his sword and BOOM...let the bodies hit the floor...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
The mask is spot on

Although Slade stabbed Billy in the eye so...dunno, we gonna get 2 deathstrokes or something, unless Billy is actually dead but I dunno. I am loving Slade though, just dives in, swings his sword and BOOM...let the bodies hit the floor...

I've got a feeling the mask with the arrow thru the eye is actually Billy while Slade will be in Starling City at some point

steverules_2
I'm hoping so but the knife to eye seems kinda like a nod towards deathstroke so it's like they're having a mess around with us

Vacare
I agree.

Mindset
I knew that was Roy.

I'm the smartest person alive.

BruceSkywalker
love this show

Placidity
Brought to you by Microsoft Windows.

http://blog.techprognosis.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/windows-logo.jpg

Nephthys
Man, Oli's date was a total ***** for acting like he's the jerk for not wanting to talk about the island.

Mindset
That's what I thought.

Idk why he felt like he needed to apologize.

Placidity
Because that episode was written by a woman.

Mindset
Sounds about right.

steverules_2
Guess that explains it

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Placidity
Because that episode was written by a woman.

laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>