Captain America (Avengers) vs Jason Voorhees

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Steve shows up at Crystal Lake just in time to save a couple right after they do the bump and grind. Jason is looking at them through the window with his machete.

How does this go?

Psychotron
Which version of Jason?

Human Jason from parts 2-4 loses.
Zombie Jason probably wins.
Uber-Jason omgwtfpwns.

Stoic
Originally posted by Psychotron
Which version of Jason?

Human Jason from parts 2-4 loses.
Zombie Jason probably wins.
Uber-Jason omgwtfpwns.

Zombie Jason

the ninjak
Jason wins.

XanatosForever
What feats does Zombie Jason have? I assume anything up to and excluding becoming Jason X counts, which means Freddy v. Jason feats are valid as well.

I don't know of any way Cap could pull out a win save BFR, and even that is questionable. Maybe he could put Jason on ice somehow?

BruceSkywalker
Cap loses

the end

Mindset
Cap decapitates Jason's head then throws it a mile away.

Estacado
Jason showed pretty much nothing to make people say he would beat Cap.
While Cap was whooping huge robots which could weigh few 1000 pounds.
Also Jason doesn't have any h2h skills.

Kazenji
What robots?

Estacado
The ones on the train that caused the death of Bucky.

Psychotron
How does Captain America put down Jason?

Newjak
Originally posted by Estacado
The ones on the train that caused the death of Bucky. Those weren't robots they were men in very heavy body armor

Estacado
Originally posted by Newjak
Those weren't robots they were men in very heavy body armor
Whoops my bad....
Still he is superhuman....

Estacado
How does Captain America put down Jason?
Well unless Cap goes for decap I cant see him winning either.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Estacado
Well unless Cap goes for decap I cant see him winning either.

How often does Captain America decapitate people?

Flyattractor
Does Cap have his shield? Could probably pulp jasons head with it. With out? I see a long fight. Both end up messed up but Jason could come out the victor if Steve dosen't play it smart enough.

lilshogun
Cap's shield will destroy Jason's machete. Then it's mano to mano. Jason loses. Jason is too darn slow. even Mortal Freddy was slicing Jason.

Trackz
actually a cool fight.

this is relevent...jason might be stronger than cap
xNGwpLHDDIA

Robtard
Rogers can't win this(with just a shield), be a long brutal fight where Jason wears him down and eventually pushes his head off.

Mindset
How often does Captain America decapitate people? He has never needed to before.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Mindset
He has never needed to before.

Then I doubt he'd try it now. Not at first at least.

Jason will outlast him and then he'll have a fancy new shield to go with his machete.

the ninjak
Jason with Cap's shield reeks of awesome. wink

Especially once Cap throws the shield into Jason's chest and Jason takes it out of his guts, looks at it briefly.

Then either-
-throws it harder than Cap ever could into Cap.
-uses it as a smashing and defense device.

Mindset
Then I doubt he'd try it now. Not at first at least.

Jason will outlast him and then he'll have a fancy new shield to go with his machete. Once he sees his efforts of punching and bludgeoning a zombie isn't working there's no reason to think he wouldn't.Originally posted by the ninjak
Jason with Cap's shield reeks of awesome. wink

Especially once Cap throws the shield into Jason's chest and Jason takes it out of his guts, looks at it briefly.

Then either-
-throws it harder than Cap ever could into Cap.
-uses it as a smashing and defense device. Jason isn't stronger or faster than Cap, how would he throw the shield back harder?

Cap would easily take his shield back.

the ninjak
Jason isn't stronger or faster than Cap, how would he throw the shield back harder?

Cap would easily take his shield back.

Jason is stronger than Cap. Speed isn't factor consider movie Cap had crap fighting skill a little to next to no evading skills.
Cap as shown in film will jump right in, maybe throw his shield (which will fail) and attempt to melee fight Jason. As most if not all his fights showed.

He jumped into battle. And prayed he would survive almost every fight in CA:TFA and Avengers.

Jason may appear slow because of his walking. But he can punch so fast and hard that any such blow would crush Cap.

This strike was done from the blunt side of the machete. The force behind the strike is beyond anything Cap has done. Kelly Rowland flew at insane speed.

24tmu4HT35M

Jason also punched a mans head off with ease. Plus crushed another's skull.

Then I can factor in Jason's more exotic abilities which people hat so I wont.
Meaning that even if Jason lost this fight he will still win.

Mindset
He is faster than Freddy and has better fighting skills than him. Freddy was dancing around Jason, for the most part. Cap was evading all the time in his fights, you don't even know what you're talking about...watch the movies again. Off the top of my head he showed fighting skills against Loki, Red Skull, and the aliens erm . You're delusional if you think Cap can't take a punch from Jason. He took punches from Loki who had super strength, he took punches from Red Skull who was able to easily dent steel, and he took a blast in the gut from the alien guns that were easily blasting holes through cars and got up moments later.

It wasn't the blunt side. And no, Cap's punches and kicks were sending people flying.

HHtsiRNyGWg

Psychotron
Jason is stronger and tougher while Captain America is faster and more skilled (only because he's fighting a zombie retard) but it won't be enough. Jason's damage soak is just off the charts. Think of all the damage he took in FvJ alone. Being set on fire in the rave, being electrocuted, then the punishment he took in the dream world, and then the beating he took in the final fight and he still didn't die. Cap will have to figure out something really inventive to put him down. OTOH, Jason has to connect with his machete only once to win.

Mindset
Still waiting to see what Jason did to make him stronger. If he is, which I don't see, it's minimal.

Jason isn't going to die, Cap will see that, he'll probably recognize that he is already dead...or at the very least that he's going to have to do something that he won't be getting up from.

Decap for the win.

Psychotron
Still waiting to see what Jason did to make him stronger. If he is, which I don't see, it's minimal.

Jason isn't going to die, Cap will see that, he'll probably recognize that he is already dead...or at the very least that he's going to have to do something that he won't be getting up from.

Decap for the win.

C'mon. Jason has effortlessly ripped people's arms off and snapped people in two. He had no trouble lifting that big boiler (or whatever it was) that Freddy dropped on him. His punches sent Freddy flying. Cap's got nothing on that.

You're giving Rogers' intelligence a lot of credit, he looked kind of dumb to me in both Captain America and Avengers. And why are you assuming he can easily decap Jason with the shield? I don't remember it cutting anything in either movie.

It's far more likely he'll attack Jason thinking he's an average serial killer, pound on him, turn his back thinking he's ko'ed/dead and get sliced in half.

Mindset
C'mon. Jason has effortlessly ripped people's arms off and snapped people in two. He had no trouble lifting that big boiler (or whatever it was) that Freddy dropped on him. His punches sent Freddy flying. Cap's got nothing on that.

You're giving Rogers' intelligence a lot of credit, he looked kind of dumb to me in both Captain America and Avengers. And why are you assuming he can easily decap Jason with the shield? I don't remember it cutting anything in either movie.

It's far more likely he'll attack Jason thinking he's an average serial killer, pound on him, turn his back thinking he's ko'ed/dead and get sliced in half. Cap lifted about 700 lbs effortlessly over his head. I see no reason why if Cap were so inclined, he couldn't do the same. Chimpanzee's can rip body parts off. And Cap sent heavily armored men and armored aliens flying.

How did Cap look dumb? He was directing the Avengers how to fight in the movie, he was telling the cops what to do as well; iirc, Cap was also directing the soldiers in his movie. Because he has super human strength and a vibranium shield. He was able to cut an aliens arm off with it.

Why would he think someone with rotting flesh, superhuman durability, and super strength was a regular serial killer? Cap will be able to tell from the first couple hits that Jason isn't normal.

Robtard
When Cap tosses that guy up and over the tank, that puts him roughly in the same league as Jason in strength. Neither is easily overpowering the other here.

I still think Jason wins due to having massive damage soak and never needing to rest.

Psychotron
Cap lifted about 700 lbs effortlessly over his head. I see no reason why if Cap were so inclined, he couldn't do the same. Chimpanzee's can rip body parts off. And Cap sent heavily armored men and armored aliens flying.

How did Cap look dumb? He was directing the Avengers how to fight in the movie, he was telling the cops what to do as well; iirc, Cap was also directing the soldiers in his movie. Because he has super human strength and a vibranium shield. He was able to cut an aliens arm off with it.

Why would he think someone with rotting flesh, superhuman durability, and super strength was a regular serial killer? Cap will be able to tell from the first couple hits that Jason isn't normal.

There are some people who can military press 500+ pounds, 700 isn't impressive for a superhuman. Chimpanzees might be able to, but when was the last time you saw a human do it? IMO nothing tops Jason lifting that machinery especially after Freddy dropped it on him. To me Jason is about 1.5 times stronger than Rogers.

Hugging that grenade comes to mind and tactical knowledge isn't the same as intelligence. I don't remember him cutting off an alien's arm but it's possible, I guess.

OK even if he sees Jason is a zombie from the start(which is unlikely), how will he know he has superhuman durability? Or strength? Traditional zombies are weak as hell. It's more likely he'll knock him down, think the fight is over and get a surprise ride on Jason's machete.

Mindset
There are some people who can military press 500+ pounds, 700 isn't impressive for a superhuman. Chimpanzees might be able to, but when was the last time you saw a human do it? IMO nothing tops Jason lifting that machinery especially after Freddy dropped it on him. To me Jason is about 1.5 times stronger than Rogers.

Hugging that grenade comes to mind and tactical knowledge isn't the same as intelligence. I don't remember him cutting off an alien's arm but it's possible, I guess.

OK even if he sees Jason is a zombie from the start(which is unlikely), how will he know he has superhuman durability? Or strength? Traditional zombies are weak as hell. It's more likely he'll knock him down, think the fight is over and get a surprise ride on Jason's machete. There is no one in the world who can effortlessly pick up and put over there head 700 lbs and hold it there like it was nothing. Cap has superhuman strength, who cares what a regular human can do. Tactical knowledge in regards to combat is relevant to combat intelligence...which is what he will be using in a fight.

From, you know, fighting him. So Cap will knock him down, turn his back on Jason and just take in the beautiful scenery?

Robtard
He did sever a Chitauri arm at the elbow when he fought several on the police car, right after he have the cops orders and they questioned his leadership.

Psychotron
There is no one in the world who can effortlessly pick up and put over there head 700 lbs and hold it there like it was nothing. Cap has superhuman strength, who cares what a regular human can do. Tactical knowledge in regards to combat is relevant to combat intelligence...which is what he will be using in a fight.

From, you know, fighting him. So Cap will knock him down, turn his back on Jason and just take in the beautiful scenery?

Of course he's superhuman, I didn't say he wasn't. But 700 lbs just isn't that impressive. And this combat intelligence is so great Cap will be thinking "This guy is big and has a hockey mask. He's a zombie!" Not likely. Rogers will figure it out only after either Jason connects with one of his superhuman punches or after Jason takes a lot of damage. I doubt Rogers'll be going all-out with his first attacks, but Jason will, and if he connects with the machete it's all over.

It's possible, Jason, Michael Myers, and other slasher villains like to lie on the ground a bit before getting back up. I could even see Cap trying to remove the mask and getting a surprise machete in the gut for his efforts.

XanatosForever
OK even if he sees Jason is a zombie from the start(which is unlikely), how will he know he has superhuman durability? Or strength? Traditional zombies are weak as hell. It's more likely he'll knock him down, think the fight is over and get a surprise ride on Jason's machete.

Why would Rogers have any reason to assume Jason is a zombie? He comes from a different time period. The concept of the undead was not a part of mainstream culture back then, not to the degree it is today or even when Jason first came around.

Mindset
Of course he's superhuman, I didn't say he wasn't. But 700 lbs just isn't that impressive. And this combat intelligence is so great Cap will be thinking "This guy is big and has a hockey mask. He's a zombie!" Not likely. Rogers will figure it out only after either Jason connects with one of his superhuman punches or after Jason takes a lot of damage. I doubt Rogers'll be going all-out with his first attacks, but Jason will, and if he connects with the machete it's all over.

It's possible, Jason, Michael Myers, and other slasher villains like to lie on the ground a bit before getting back up. I could even see Cap trying to remove the mask and getting a surprise machete in the gut for his efforts. 700 lbs is impressive when you do it effortlessly. Strawman, I already told you how Cap will figure out Jason isn't a regular human, and apparently, you felt the need to repeat it for some reason. Jason's machete will connect with Cap's shield and shatter.

Right, so nonsense, got it.

Robtard
Mindset's making a good argument for Captain America, with his limb severing ability and about equal strength, he could win.

XanatosForever
Indeed. The machete breaking is also a very real possibility, with the strength these two are capable of. That would leave Jason at a significant disadvantage.

Psychotron
700 lbs is impressive when you do it effortlessly. Strawman, I already told you how Cap will figure out Jason isn't a regular human, and apparently, you felt the need to repeat it for some reason. Jason's machete will connect with Cap's shield and shatter.

Right, so nonsense, got it.

Dude, Jason is stronger. Lifting the boiler, accidentally ripping people's arms off, punching a guy's head off are all > lifting 700 lbs. Hell, I even remember Jason driving his machete through a steel door in Jason X, twice. He will overpower Rogers if he get's a hold off him. Deal with it.

Captain America's only chance is decap and there's no way he'll go for it right at the start, and even if he does manage to decap Jason he's still might have to deal with the demon worm thing.

Superior strength and damage soak > speed. He'd win if he had his comic book counterpart's skill, but he doesn't.

Give me a good reason why Rogers wouldn't fall for it. There's no reason to assume his superhuman punches wouldn't ko some psycho in hockey mask.

the ninjak
He is faster than Freddy and has better fighting skills than him. Freddy was dancing around Jason, for the most part. Cap was evading all the time in his fights, you don't even know what you're talking about...watch the movies again. Off the top of my head he showed fighting skills against Loki, Red Skull, and the aliens erm . You're delusional if you think Cap can't take a punch from Jason. He took punches from Loki who had super strength, he took punches from Red Skull who was able to easily dent steel, and he took a blast in the gut from the alien guns that were easily blasting holes through cars and got up moments later.

It wasn't the blunt side. And no, Cap's punches and kicks were sending people flying.

You are delusional if you think anything Cap ever did strike wise equals what Jason did to Kelly Rowland.
And making up the fact that Cap is faster and more skillful than Freddy in that film is simply wrong.
Freddy moved so much he practically teleported. His blades effortlessly cut through chain.
I would say Physical Realm Freddy would beat Cap as well.

And in regards to durability Jason took an arsenal of relentless assault rifle fire from a platoon in Jason goes to Hell for ages before he groaned and fell.
Cap would've simply blown apart.

lilshogun
But take account of Freddy. He was standard human level. Jason never fought a meta being before. Cap has the strength to knock out jason's head

Originally posted by Trackz
actually a cool fight.

this is relevent...jason might be stronger than cap
xNGwpLHDDIA

lilshogun
I can see Jason's head being hit like this. Cap is no human strength level my any means.vF_vrlo7lT4&feature=related-hvPRRA

Zack Fair
I agree with Mindset.

Cap is super humanly strong, fast and durable. He also has a nigh-indestructible shield to boot.

Jason is going down.

Psychotron
Originally posted by lilshogun
But take account of Freddy. He was standard human level. Jason never fought a meta being before. Cap has the strength to knock out jason's head

Freddy isn't human even in the real world. In Freddy's dead he was crawling on the walls, in FvJ he was being used as a battering ram and taking punches that were sending him flying without much damage. The guy got his arm ripped off, got caught in an explosion and had that same arm impaled in his chest and he was still alive. The girl had to chop his head off to finish him off.

And Jason? He has fought a telekinetic girl before and a robot in Jason X.

Zack Fair
This isn't Jason X though.

Psychotron
He was still zombie Jason when he fought her the first time.

the ninjak
Freddy in the human world is not human level. His ferocious skill plus his blade's Logan like cutting ability/plus his ability to pound down on Jason is anything but human level. His speed showed teleportation skill as well.

Jason just tanked it and kept going. Cap in Captain America had to karate block a HYDRA agent on the plane. Such a block wouldn't hold well against Jason's strength.

The Chitauri were overated. They had armor that allowed grappling onto buildings and crushing cars underneath their specific armors abilities yet Hawkeye was able to smack one across the face, KOing him off building.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.