DOTNG Infinity Man vs. Sentry, Nova Prime & Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Cogito
Infinity Man, absolutely no contest

byrdgang21
Edited. Accidentally double posted thread

Stoic
Originally posted by Cogito

But what do you base this on? I mean that's quite the claim when you consider the caliber of opponents on the field.

pym-ftw
Team as long as they protect nova

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
But what do you base this on? I mean that's quite the claim when you consider the caliber of opponents on the field.

Well, when I posted that the thread was IM vs. Hulk, but even with the changed roster it's still no contest.

Infinity Man killed hundreds of thousands of New Gods so fast that nobody even noticed him.

He stalemated ALE Mr. Miracle.

He killed the Black Racer (an avatar of death)

He beat Orion in a literal flash (and Orion is a match for non-Void Sentry and above Nova and BM).

So yeah, it's no contest.

carver9
IM is overrated.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
IM is overrated.

Only as much as Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Only as much as Hulk.

Hulk is legit.

-Pr-
Hulk is legit.

No more-so than IM.

carver9
No more-so than IM.

I disagree, especially based on showings. He shouldn't be able to beat this team. Not even close.

Cogito
I disagree, especially based on showings. He shouldn't be able to beat this team. Not even close.

Based on what showings is he not able to beat this team?

He ragestomps based on DotNG.

Hell, make it Void Sentry and it just becomes another death god for IM to kill.

iceman24567
IM wins

JakeTheBank

no expression

iceman24567
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
no expression
I know how you feel saying Hulk is legit but claiming IM is overrated. Something needs to be done about the rabid fanboys fo sho.

-Pr-

Please don't pretend you actually read DOTNG.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
I know how you feel saying Hulk is legit but claiming IM is overrated. Something needs to be done about the rabid fanboys fo sho.

I never said Hulk would stomp this team let alone beat them. I didn't even bring up Hulk. Whatever.

iceman24567
I never said Hulk would stomp this team let alone beat them. I didn't even bring up Hulk. Whatever. Look at you getting green in the face. I never accused you of saying that or even bringing Hulk up you must feel guilty. How you can quote my post and come up with this response is beyond me. carver vision ftl.

carver9
Look at you getting green in the face. I never accused you of saying that or even bringing Hulk up you must feel guilty. How you can quote my post and come up with this response is beyond me. carver vision ftl.

Lol...why do I have to be "green" in the face? Why not purple, red, etc... Whatever again Iceman.

Batman-Prime

QFT

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
QFT

What does QFT mean?

iceman24567
Jesus help you carv.

DarkSaint85
Jesus help you carv.

QFT.

carver9
Hahahahahahaha...can someone tell me what that mean please?

Golgo13
IM.

iceman24567
Hahahahahahaha...can someone tell me what that mean please? The internet is your friend no expression

Cogito

www.google.com

Stoic
Well, when I posted that the thread was IM vs. Hulk, but even with the changed roster it's still no contest.

Infinity Man killed hundreds of thousands of New Gods so fast that nobody even noticed him.

He stalemated ALE Mr. Miracle.

He killed the Black Racer (an avatar of death)

He beat Orion in a literal flash (and Orion is a match for non-Void Sentry and above Nova and BM).

So yeah, it's no contest.

I can't accept him being as powerful as you are saying outside of the New Gods. It was more like he was granted power to be the bane of the New Gods, much like Drax is to Thanos, because if he were that powerful he would have one shotted Superman. I have the entire series, and read it back and forth, and I can not make sense of Superman hurting him, while Superman was unable to hurt Black Racer, yet the Infinity Man killed the Black Racer. Orion tussles with Superman as well earlier on in the arc, and get turned out off panel, and yet again Superman was able to make the Infinity Man cry out in pain from a punch.

I am in no way putting Superman down, but there should have been no contest whatsoever. Also the Infinity Man did not defeat Superman, but instead locked in down in a cube of force. If not for the Superman incident I would have no trouble calling the Infinity Man a with whatever power the Source gave him, and Elite Sky Father, but the Superman battle has left me contemplating High Herald-Low Trans at best.

Can someone that is not biased, and in love with the New Gods please check it out and judge correctly. I believe that he was the New God's bane, or silver bullet. Imbued with the power to assassinate them. That is it, and that is all.

carver9
The internet is your friend no expression

QFT

Cogito
I can't accept him being as powerful as you are saying outside of the New Gods. It was more like he was granted power to be the bane of the New Gods, much like Drax is to Thanos, because if he were that powerful he would have one shotted Superman. I have the entire series, and read it back and forth, and I can not make sense of Superman hurting him, while Superman was unable to hurt Black Racer, yet the Infinity Man killed the Black Racer. Orion tussles with Superman as well earlier on in the arc, and get turned out off panel, and yet again Superman was able to make the Infinity Man cry out in pain from a punch.

I am in no way putting Superman down, but there should have been no contest whatsoever. Also the Infinity Man did not defeat Superman, but instead locked in down in a cube of force. If not for the Superman incident I would have no trouble calling the Infinity Man a with whatever power the Source gave him, and Elite Sky Father, but the Superman battle has left me contemplating High Herald-Low Trans at best.

Can someone that is not biased, and in love with the New Gods please check it out and judge correctly. I believe that he was the New God's bane, or silver bullet. Imbued with the power to assassinate them. That is it, and that is all.

Infinity Man didn't kill Superman for the same reason lots of super powerful beings don't kill Superman (or Thor, or Captain America, or Batman, or whomever).

Superman didn't hurt him, he punched him and then IM was basically like "***** please" and trapped him in some light prison like he was a feeb.

If your measure of power is whether or not Superman is killed in the first second of interaction, then it's your gauge that's broken.

Batman-Prime

Superman power depends on the story and what he needs to do. He isn't SS or Thor, he is Superman and this is the sole reason why he can do what other Heralds can't, like taking on DS and looking good. Superman should never be used as a low feat, like other Heralds, on the contrary. Just because Superman is considered a High Herald and can do something doesn't means others can repeat it just because they are in the same "Tier", DC Comics or Comics in general don't give a sh1t about tiers, only the Story matters and Superman will always safe the day if everything else fails.

pym-ftw
Superman power depends on the story and what he needs to do. He isn't SS or Thor, he is Superman and this is the sole reason why he can do what other Heralds can't, like taking on DS and looking good. Superman should never be used as a low feat, like other Heralds, on the contrary. Just because Superman is considered a High Herald and can do something doesn't means others can repeat it just because they are in the same "Tier", DC Comics or Comics in general don't give a sh1t about tiers, only the Story matters and Superman will always safe the day if everything else fails.
The fail in this post is astounding, all characters given enough appearances will have high and low showings. You act like its something superman invented.

Calm down on the superman wank, its fans like you who give him a bad name

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by pym-ftw
The fail in this post is astounding, all characters given enough appearances will have high and low showings. You act like its something superman invented.

Calm down on the superman wank, its fans like you who give him a bad name

The fail in your comprehension is astounding. It's not wank, it's a fact that DC treats Superman differently. Read, think, post.

facepalm

Badabing

blink

no expression

facepalm

It means Quoted For Truth.

pym-ftw
Every flagship character is protected, from Spiderman, Captain America, Batman, anyone who makes money and moves merchandise.

The fact you think this is a phenomena that only happens in superman comics is idiotic

Most people refer to this as pis, but really its just property protection

Batman-Prime
Every flagship character is protected, from Spiderman, Captain America, Batman, anyone who makes money and moves merchandise.

The fact you think this is a phenomena that only happens in superman comics is idiotic

Most people refer to this as pis, but really its just property protection

facepalm

You are wasting my time. The fact that you think that Superman doesn't has a special status is idiotic, fact.

Read IC "Everything comes from Superman"

and

FC "Supermans Story is the greatest Story told"

That's a fact in the DCU. He has a special place, not only to be protected or because he is the first Superhero ever. DC decided that and this is the reason why he can do thing far beyond his tier, should the story require it.

Badabing
People, get back on topic. Pym and Prime, take this discussion to a PM or another thread.

pym-ftw
Edit

Badabing
Edit Dammit! Almost had you. sneer

stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
/thread
OP says DoTNG IM. I think most peeps are confusing Classic IM. This dude was empowered by the source to levels that can match an ALE wielder.
Spite

the Darkone
IM stomps majorly hard!

TheGodKiller
Quit Freaking Talking .

Blight
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Quit Freaking Talking .
He's not.

dmills
Team as long as they protect nova

The hell? Based on their respective track records, Nova would be the one protecting them.

pym-ftw
I think you got my meaning wrong, Nova is the most valuable teammate in this fight

carver9
Nova needs protection or he will get that a** tapped.

dmills
I think you got my meaning wrong, Nova is the most valuable teammate in this fight

thumb up

Nova needs protection or he will get that a** tapped.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Prince_reaction-1.gif

Stoic
Superman's battle with the Source powered Infinity was was competitive. Can someone post scans, instead of opinion? I have the entire arc, and my prior post was not overturned. All I saw was more of the same opinions, but Superman was able to actually hurt the Infinity Man, and Superman is not a Sky Father level character, nor was he ever portrayed as such within that arc. We really need an unbiased opinion here. I have no stake in any of the characters, and this I believe has given me an objective view here. The Infinity Man was unable to put Superman down the way that Odin, or Tyrant would be able to put him down, so his showings against guys that were more powerful than Superman had to be due to silver bullet reasons like Drax is to Thanos. On top of it all, none of the New Gods were killed on panel, so everything outside of Superman giving him a competitive battle is BS.

The Source powered Infinity Man has no business being rated higher than High Herald-Low Trans at most. The Source could have easily given him the power to rip apart New Gods, but when it came to other characters he may have not been more powerful than his base stats. Or he would have one shot KO'd Superman, nor would he have felt his punches the way he did. Again please do not attempt to sell me on the battle, because I have the books. Superman hurt him, where he would not be able to Hurt Tyrant who laughed off Beta Ray Bills best strike, and had Galactus on the ropes, to even making Thanos concede in a physical battle.

More than off panel culling's are in order, to prove that the IM was on that level.

the Darkone
DOTNG IM kills this team, dude was killing Sky Father level to heralded level beings with ease, and matching ALE Miracle Man yeah this team gets stomp.

Cogito
Superman's battle with the Source powered Infinity was was competitive. Can someone post scans, instead of opinion?

Originally posted by Galan007
IM takes on Superman:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/th_im_dotng2.jpg http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/th_im_dotng3.jpg http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/th_im_dotng4.jpg http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/th_im_dotng5.jpg

Granted, Supes got in some nice hits, but he was easily contained in the end..

It was not at all competitive. Superman hit IM, IM hit Superman harder. Superman heat vision'd IM,IM blasted him harder. After their very brief fight IM easily ended it because he wasn't there for Superman. He didn't give two shits whether Superman lived or died.

tldr; Infinity Man didn't kill Superman because he didn't want/need to.

celeyhyga17
Superman's battle with the Source powered Infinity was was competitive. Can someone post scans, instead of opinion? I have the entire arc, and my prior post was not overturned. All I saw was more of the same opinions, but Superman was able to actually hurt the Infinity Man, and Superman is not a Sky Father level character, nor was he ever portrayed as such within that arc. We really need an unbiased opinion here. I have no stake in any of the characters, and this I believe has given me an objective view here. The Infinity Man was unable to put Superman down the way that Odin, or Tyrant would be able to put him down, so his showings against guys that were more powerful than Superman had to be due to silver bullet reasons like Drax is to Thanos. On top of it all, none of the New Gods were killed on panel, so everything outside of Superman giving him a competitive battle is BS.

The Source powered Infinity Man has no business being rated higher than High Herald-Low Trans at most. The Source could have easily given him the power to rip apart New Gods, but when it came to other characters he may have not been more powerful than his base stats. Or he would have one shot KO'd Superman, nor would he have felt his punches the way he did. Again please do not attempt to sell me on the battle, because I have the books. Superman hurt him, where he would not be able to Hurt Tyrant who laughed off Beta Ray Bills best strike, and had Galactus on the ropes, to even making Thanos concede in a physical battle.

More than off panel culling's are in order, to prove that the IM was on that level.
why is this fight being brought up anyway? it's inconsequential since we later see what DotNG IM was really capable of. He went blow for blow against Scott with the Ale. We're talking about tiers way beyond herald. This fight is spite.

the Darkone

You are so hard headed is frighting, IM didn't care if Superman lived or died, he wasn't there for Superman end of story, if Superman was "New God" he would have died like the rest of them, after their fight we saw IM true power when went headed up with Miracle Man w/ ALE they destroyed the Source Wall, and you telling us that Superman really fought a all out IM, no he didn't! If he did it would have been the end of Superman. This team will do no better, Sentry could go Void all he wants he would still be fighting a being in IM that fought a New God with ALE= Infinity Gauntlet that would rage stomp into Oblivion.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by the Darkone
ALE= Infinity Gauntlet that would rage stomp into Oblivion.

thumb down

Mindset
Nova needs protection or he will get that a** tapped. Are we still talking about a fight...?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Are we still talking about a fight...?

I don't think he knows what those words mean.

the Darkone
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
thumb down

thumb up it's in class or below but still more powerful than the team.

Stoic
thumb up it's in class or below but still more powerful than the team.

It;s statements like these that make me scratch my head. Superman clearly hurt the IM. This much is certain, or he would not have made the sound of being hurt. I am hoping that you will be able to admit to this, or have you completely ignored it? What do you base IM being even close to the level of the IG? He was powered by the Source, he was not the Source, and for all anyone can tell, he was given power to harm the New Gods, and only the New Gods, which he did.

We all have our opinions but when they mount up to comparing the IM to the IG without any kind of evidence to suggest this, someone needs to step in. You never even once saw IM battle a NG or kill one on panel. Scott was grieved by Barda, and wanted to die so that he might be rejoined with her.

-Pr-
That's a leap, tbh.

Stoic
That's a leap, tbh.

What feats did the Source entity itself have to even compare it to an IG user? Thanos was battling guys that threw planets at him like you or I could throw baseballs, and they did this without even physically touching these planets. Thanos dealt with these guys as if he were dealing with chiggers and gnats. Yet the Infinity Man is nearly on the level of an IG user with even less power than the being that empowered him? Like I said before, we have our opinion, and I gave my reasons for believing that the IM was given power to specifically deal with New Gods. If he had waved his hand, and made Superman pass out, or KO'd him with a casual slap, I would be more than ready to admit that he was at least on an elite Sky Fathers level.

Plot armor does not sell it for me, because Superman was getting worked by several guys and things that are were far less than Elite Sky Father tier beings. Now if someone can not understand this, there is simply nothing that I can do about, unless they are suggesting that Orion, Shadow Demons, Kalibak & Mantis, are the equivalent of Odin. The IM was clearly more powerful than Superman, but not to the point that Tyrant would be above Superman. This after all is my prerogative and no one has to agree with me. I'm just saying that there is a lack of evidence, and certain things throughout historical canon concerning New Gods, Superman, and the Infinity Man does not jive with me.

Galan007
Superman clearly hurt the IM. This much is certain, or he would not have made the sound of being hurt. Huh?

Stoic
Huh?

OK I made an error, and I am going to correct myself, The Infinity Man does not make any sounds of being hurt. I just picked up the book now. But the idea of the Infinity Man having been taken aback by Superman's physical blows does not jive with a guy like Tyrant.

This is what the book says.

Superman: I'm capable of shattering a planet. If I pound away at anything long enough, it goes down! Even the prime agent of some deranged entity.

Infinity Man: Then it would be judicious of us to cut short your assault, and encase you within a prison of solidified light. This should hold you long enough for me to deal with him whom i actually came for.

Mr. Miracle: And that would be me?

My point is that Tyrant, or Odin would not have been taken aback by Superman, he would have one shotted him like Tyrant did to several herald level characters, Or when Odin one shotted the Silver Surfer. This is what does not jive with me.

Galan007
Correct. Cogito posted the actual scans of that narration on the last page. However, Superman punching IM a few times =/= harming IM. They way I read it, IM tanked everything Supes dished out, hit him with more powerful attacks, then finally said: "phuck this, I'm wasting too much time with this game", and imprisoned Supes so that he could focus on Scott.

Also recall that IM killed New Gods like Takion(who, even as a n00b, was more powerful than Kyle+Captain Atom+Wally, and also momentarily held back the Godwave.) He also killed Black Racer(a personification of Death that was able to wtfpwn Superman with a literal twitch of his eye.)

IM was crazy powerful.

Stoic
Correct. Cogito posted the actual scans of that narration on the last page. However, Superman punching IM a few times =/= harming IM. They way I read it, IM tanked everything Supes dished out, hit him with more powerful attacks, then finally said: "phuck this, I'm wasting too much time with this game", and imprisoned Supes so that he could focus on Scott.

Also recall that IM killed New Gods like Takion(who, even as a n00b, was more powerful than Kyle+Captain Atom+Wally, and also momentarily held back the Godwave.) He also killed Black Racer(a personification of Death that was able to wtfpwn Superman with a literal twitch of his eye.)

IM was crazy powerful.

I see tanking something in a different light than you then it would seem.

IMO tanking something means that you are unmoved by it, like Juggernaut tanking Thor's best Mjolnir hit without moving, or Tyrant tanking Beta Ray Bills hammer toss with a smile, or Thanos smiling while being blasted in the face by the Silver Surfer, or Odin tanking Thanos' blast. This is what I call tanking a shot. The Infinity Man did not tank Superman's hits, he was actually taken aback by the hits. Like I said, he was clearly more powerful than Superman, but not by the stretch that Tyrant was clearly more powerful than Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, and the rest of those powerful heralds. The only reason for this is one. Superman is leaps and bounds more powerful than the heralds that Tyrant wiped the floor with, if we accept what went on in his scrimmage with the Infinity Man, even if it flies in the face of his past showings against those that were as powerful as he is (Superman) or less powerful even. So as I said, this is exactly why it did not jive with me. I'm sure anyone reading my reasons can understand my stance, and why I refuse to give the Source empowered Infinity Man such lofty titles that need hard evidence in order to crown him with the Sky Father or beyond title.

dmills
I've always thought "tanking" was taking the brunt of the force of an attack, getting damaged but remaining relatively fine. What Tyrant did to BrB sounds more like a "no sell". Where the character takes an attack and barely even acknowledges it. It doesn't move or harm them in the slightest like when Korg punched Nova Prime and Nova barely noticed the blow.

Stoic
Originally posted by dmills
I've always thought "tanking" was taking the brunt of the force of an attack, getting damaged but remaining relatively fine. What Tyrant did to BrB sounds more like a "no sell". Where the character takes an attack and barely even acknowledges it. It doesn't move or harm them in the slightest like when Korg punched Nova Prime and Nova barely noticed the blow.

Alright I'll swing on that determination. But the idea of Superman level characters being no sold by Tyrant has to raise more than my eyebrow in terms of questioning the validity of the Infinity Man's amplified power levels. There was on panel affirmation of Superman's power when he was locked in the solidified light prison by the IM.

To quote what was said; "Superman: I'm capable of shattering a planet. If I pound away at anything long enough, it goes down! Even the prime agent of some deranged entity.

Infinity Man: Then it would be judicious of us to cut short your assault, and encase you within a prison of solidified light. This should hold you long enough for me to deal with him whom i actually came for".

-Pr-
What feats did the Source entity itself have to even compare it to an IG user? Thanos was battling guys that threw planets at him like you or I could throw baseballs, and they did this without even physically touching these planets. Thanos dealt with these guys as if he were dealing with chiggers and gnats. Yet the Infinity Man is nearly on the level of an IG user with even less power than the being that empowered him? Like I said before, we have our opinion, and I gave my reasons for believing that the IM was given power to specifically deal with New Gods. If he had waved his hand, and made Superman pass out, or KO'd him with a casual slap, I would be more than ready to admit that he was at least on an elite Sky Fathers level.

Plot armor does not sell it for me, because Superman was getting worked by several guys and things that are were far less than Elite Sky Father tier beings. Now if someone can not understand this, there is simply nothing that I can do about, unless they are suggesting that Orion, Shadow Demons, Kalibak & Mantis, are the equivalent of Odin. The IM was clearly more powerful than Superman, but not to the point that Tyrant would be above Superman. This after all is my prerogative and no one has to agree with me. I'm just saying that there is a lack of evidence, and certain things throughout historical canon concerning New Gods, Superman, and the Infinity Man does not jive with me.

I was talking about the part where he apparently only had the power to deal with New Gods.

Your entire basis for such an argument is one interaction with Superman and how you perceived it as going. That's not enough for a baseline or to make such an assumption, imo.

IM has always been at the very least Darkseid level, and he got amped by the Source. That much was stated, I thought.

dmills
Alright I'll swing on that determination. But the idea of Superman level characters being no sold by Tyrant has to raise more than my eyebrow in terms of questioning the validity of the Infinity Man's amplified power levels. There was on panel affirmation of Superman's power when he was locked in the solidified light prison by the IM.

To quote what was said; "Superman: I'm capable of shattering a planet. If I pound away at anything long enough, it goes down! Even the prime agent of some deranged entity.

Infinity Man: Then it would be judicious of us to cut short your assault, and encase you within a prison of solidified light. This should hold you long enough for me to deal with him whom i actually came for".

Cool beans. Continue on lol.

Galan007
I see tanking something in a different light than you then it would seem.

IMO tanking something means that you are unmoved by it, like Juggernaut tanking Thor's best Mjolnir hit without moving, or Tyrant tanking Beta Ray Bills hammer toss with a smile, or Thanos smiling while being blasted in the face by the Silver Surfer, or Odin tanking Thanos' blast. This is what I call tanking a shot. The Infinity Man did not tank Superman's hits, he was actually taken aback by the hits. Like I said, he was clearly more powerful than Superman, but not by the stretch that Tyrant was clearly more powerful than Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, and the rest of those powerful heralds. The only reason for this is one. Superman is leaps and bounds more powerful than the heralds that Tyrant wiped the floor with, if we accept what went on in his scrimmage with the Infinity Man, even if it flies in the face of his past showings against those that were as powerful as he is (Superman) or less powerful even. So as I said, this is exactly why it did not jive with me. I'm sure anyone reading my reasons can understand my stance, and why I refuse to give the Source empowered Infinity Man such lofty titles that need hard evidence in order to crown him with the Sky Father or beyond title. Tanking, to me, means that the character in question endures a particular attack without sustaining any damage. For instance, if Batman grabbed Superman by the arm and threw him across a room, technically, Supes would have been 'fazed' by the attack, but he wouldn't have been injured by it-- he tanked it. Same thing applies with IM enduring Superman's punches.

Juggernaut being unmoved/uninjured by a hammer-strike, is more akin to a no-sell(as someone else mentioned.)

IM has always been at the very least Darkseid level, and he got amped by the Source. That much was stated, I thought. It was.

Stoic
I was talking about the part where he apparently only had the power to deal with New Gods.

Your entire basis for such an argument is one interaction with Superman and how you perceived it as going. That's not enough for a baseline or to make such an assumption, imo.

IM has always been at the very least Darkseid level, and he got amped by the Source. That much was stated, I thought.

OK so instead of waving a hand, and making him pass out, or casually slapping his lights out, he decided to get into a physical brawl for all with Superman, and in doing so he just so happened to want to be taken aback by Superman's punches. The Infinity Man was an agent of the Source entity, and his purpose was to assassinate New Gods, which was the power that he was given.

There is on panel evidence to suggest that Superman would have made it more difficult for him to kill Scott. This quote says it all.

"Superman: I'm capable of shattering a planet. If I pound away at anything long enough, it goes down! Even the prime agent of some deranged entity.

Stoic
To inflate the Infinity Man to such lofty heights when he was unable to easily KO Superman without harming him overly too much has to raise more than just my eyebrow of the validity of regarding him in such esteem.

Darkseid was taken down by Superman when he cut loose and waged war with the New God himself, even embarrassing Darkseid to the point that he made a pact with Superman in order for him to remain silent after being soundly defeated after the conflict.

Is this something that another High Herald could not do if they had similar powers to Superman? What does that say about Darkseid himself in terms of placing him within a solid tier? Darkseid himself said that he and Superman were physical peers. This can not be challenged, as the statement itself was written as historical canon.

Is there a line that can be drawn on Superman's plot armor? Is he infinitely durable, and strong when the plot demands him to be, and thus falls outside of the no limits clause?

Yet, and here's the ticker kicker, you have people making statements that the Infinity Man is within reach of being as powerful as an IG user without any evidence to back such a statement up.

If the Infinity Man could not one shot Superman with a casual shot, slap, wave of the hand, stray stream of urine from his bladder, I simply can't see him stomping the Sentry, Nova Prime, or Blue Marvel. That's just the way I see it.

-Pr-
Using Superman as your sole reason for doubting, flies in the face of debating in the first place. We don't let one individual showing overrule an average.

It's not about Superman having a no-limits fallacy. It's about Starlin trying to make Superman not look useless in a book where he was, in the end, little more than a spectator. It's no different to guys like Thor and Wolverine not getting murdered when they should.

Stoic
Using Superman as your sole reason for doubting, flies in the face of debating in the first place. We don't let one individual showing overrule an average.

It's not about Superman having a no-limits fallacy. It's about Starlin trying to make Superman not look useless in a book where he was, in the end, little more than a spectator. It's no different to guys like Thor and Wolverine not getting murdered when they should.

In that arc, the Infinity Man was an enigma, he was never seen on panel killing any of the New Gods, nor was it ever made clear as to what the amplification did to him exactly. Didn't the same Infinity Man show up later in a JSA book, and get into it?

This is not a good enough reason to decide to blur out Superman's conflict, and how well he did against the Infinity Man. Like I said Odin or any other elite Sky Father would have one shot KO'd Superman, whether Starlin wrote it, or Jurgens wrote it. I've already acknowledged that the Infinity Man was clearly more powerful than Superman from on panel evidence, but to say that he was so far above him does not jive with that same evidence that I have drawn my opinion from.

It's obvious that we aren't going to see eye to eye here, but you have to agree with me when I say how ridiculous it is for someone to inflate the Infinity Man to the levels of an IG user without a hint of evidence to support such a wild claim.

Let me ask you a question. Who in Marvel would you place the Infinity Man closest to in power, without ignoring Superman having taken his shots, and him being taken aback by Superman blows?

-Pr-
I don't know much about the IG, tbh, so I'm in no position to judge.

In Marvel? I don't know really... Standard Thanos, maybe?

Stoic
I don't know much about the IG, tbh, so I'm in no position to judge.

In Marvel? I don't know really... Standard Thanos, maybe?

If Thanos with the IG fought Superman, he would have made him explode by casually flicking him in the forehead. He would have also had a smile on face while doing so. I'm making this claim based on on panel showings of the amount of power than he had.

Batman-Prime
If Thanos with the IG fought Superman, he would have made him explode by casually flicking him in the forehead. He would have also had a smile on face while doing so. I'm making this claim based on on panel showings of the amount of power than he had.

No he wouldn't, he would fight in character

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ye4vYJPF1r0p63qo1_500.png

Stoic
No he wouldn't, he would fight in character

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ye4vYJPF1r0p63qo1_500.png

Didn't Thanos lower himself to the Heroes level to make for a more entertaining showing for his love?

In character he played with Abstract entities, and warped their very beings. So yes he had the power to do exactly what I said he could. Unless you are suggesting that Superman would give Thanos with the IG a good fight while not nerfing himself.

Batman-Prime
Didn't Thanos lower himself to the Heroes level to make for a more entertaining showing for his love?

In character he played with Abstract entities, and warped their very beings. So yes he had the power to do exactly what I said he could. Unless you are suggesting that Superman would give Thanos with the IG a good fight while not nerfing himself.
Thanos nerved his cosmic awareness but kept the IGs powers, he turned Thor into Glass after that, something he couldn't do without the IG. I don't think that Superman could give a CISless IG Thanos a fight but it's in character for Thanos to give the Heroes a "chance".

Stoic
Thanos nerved his cosmic awareness but kept the IGs powers, he turned Thor into Glass after that, something he couldn't do without the IG. I don't think that Superman could give a CISless IG Thanos a fight but it's in character for Thanos to give the Heroes a "chance".

While I understand what you are saying, my original statement was that Thanos had the power to make Superman explode with a flick to his forehead, which is a true statement. Who cares about that though. I mean really.

Batman-Prime
While I understand what you are saying, my original statement was that Thanos had the power to make Superman explode with a flick to his forehead, which is a true statement. Who cares about that though. I mean really.

Because with your statement and your insight right now, you explained perfectly well why IM didn't just kill superman casually. It wouldn't be in character for IM to kill him, Supes is not a New God. He was beyond Supes and could have done so but like Thanos against the Heroes he granted him some hits, before he ended it his way.

the Darkone
Stoic your argument is not making any sense, plus your over analyzing the fight between Superman and IM who was holding back dramatically against Superman, and when IM got bored he imprisoned Superman in energy field. Then unleashed his true power against his main target, Miracle Man who had the ALE and they destroyed the source wall. IM was killing beings from sky father level in Takion to beings like Big Barda, Light Ray, Black Racer a Death God,Magnar, forever people etc, DOTNG IM is too much for this team, unless they get a cosmic cube they are dead meat.

Stoic
Stoic your argument is not making any sense, plus your over analyzing the fight between Superman and IM who was holding back dramatically against Superman, and when IM got bored he imprisoned Superman in energy field. Then unleashed his true power against his main target, Miracle Man who had the ALE and they destroyed the source wall. IM was killing beings from sky father level in Takion to beings like Big Barda, Light Ray, Black Racer a Death God,Magnar, forever people etc, DOTNG IM is too much for this team, unless they get a cosmic cube they are dead meat.

I understand that, and I am giving it a very large possibility that you and everyone who looks at it are right about the IM, except for his Superman battle and his run in with the JSA.

Let me show you why I am looking at it from another perspective, and have decided to scrutinize the shyt out of Agent of the Source Infinity Man.

Let's look at Balder for example. He is not as powerful as Thor is but what would kill Thor, would not kill Balder while in Asgard due to the power granted him. This does not mean that Balder is Thor's superior.

Now there is also the issue of the Infinity Man being an enigma for the entire arc. There are so many things that do not jive or add up here, and I have never been one to take anything at face value that I did not believe deserve such scrutiny that I have placed upon IM in this respect.

I'm not trying to undercut him, but more that I am not convinced that he had the same power over non New Gods. Superman in this case strengthens my stance, because I just can't get past why if he were so powerful why he simply didn't one shot the supposedly far inferior Superman. Instead he is seen trading punches and actually being pushed back. Where another proven powerful entity like Tyrant for example would dunk Superman like the weakling that he is comparatively speaking that is.

No one and I mean not a one poster can say what the power up trul y did to the Infinity Man outside of allowing him the power to assassinate New Gods, and do so off panel.

To inflate the Infinity Man to levels above what I imagine him to be without taking his battle with Superman into account is an omission of evidence that I can not ignore, nor should anyone else be forced to ignore. Now to go from obviously being superior to Superman, to being above Odin in power, or even the notion of being within the same ballpark as an IG user would need vast amounts of evidence to prove his vast amount of power.

Frankly I never saw this. What I saw was a guy that was powerful in his base form fight Superman the way that he would normally without an amplification. Odin, Tyrant, Galactus, Zeus, Rune King Thor, the Inbetweener, and a vast number of guys in or close to these levels would never have been pushed back by Superman. Some would just one shot him, or wave him into another universe or stop his pulse with a gesture. I did not see this kind of power. Shyt Odin would with a gesture send him to another time period and bring him back once the deed with Scott was over.

Now to place him in the same ballpark with an IG user.... You get me? These are my reasons. I just can't swing on the same opinion that everyone else has because it's the politically correct thing to do, or to make others like me or to just be a general dick rider. I'm sorry bro.

DarkSaint85
But where would you place him with regards to Sentry/NP/BM? So not the IG user, who is waaaay above those three cats anyway.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But where would you place him with regards to Sentry/NP/BM? So not the IG user, who is waaaay above those three cats anyway.

I would place him above them in the same respect that I would place him above Superman, but not to the disparity that others see him as. Thanos without the IG IMO would give him a great fight, but would win in the end. Why? because of how easily Thanos took the Surfer's full cosmic blast to the face, while smiling. The Infinity man did not no sell Superman's best HV blast, which I would compare to the Surfer's best cosmic blast. The Infinity Man even broke stance when hit, he was moved by punches that would be laughed at by guys like Tyrant. If this did not happen like I said throughout nearly every post, I would have been on the same band wagon that others are.

I think that this team would give him a good fight, but they would lose in the same way that they would lose to Thanos. Nova alone withstood a blast from the Sphinx with two Ka Stones. These are things that need to be considered.

Mr Master

Thanos nerved his cosmic awareness but kept the IGs powers,

he turned Thor into Glass after that, something he couldn't do without the IG.

Negative friend.

Thanos was only using the Power Gem.

The reason Thanos was able to manipulate Thor's molecules
is because
Thanos can re-arrange molecules on a very limited basis under his own power.

The Power Gem (which he could tap into)
boosted his own inherent abilities thorough the cosmic roof.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mr Master
Negative friend.

is because

I thought that was the case, but could not launch a rebuttal because I do not have the book with me, and I forgot, due to the event having happened 20 years ago.

celeyhyga17
I understand that, and I am giving it a very large possibility that you and everyone who looks at it are right about the IM, except for his Superman battle and his run in with the JSA.

Let me show you why I am looking at it from another perspective, and have decided to scrutinize the shyt out of Agent of the Source Infinity Man.

Let's look at Balder for example. He is not as powerful as Thor is but what would kill Thor, would not kill Balder while in Asgard due to the power granted him. This does not mean that Balder is Thor's superior.

Now there is also the issue of the Infinity Man being an enigma for the entire arc. There are so many things that do not jive or add up here, and I have never been one to take anything at face value that I did not believe deserve such scrutiny that I have placed upon IM in this respect.

I'm not trying to undercut him, but more that I am not convinced that he had the same power over non New Gods. Superman in this case strengthens my stance, because I just can't get past why if he were so powerful why he simply didn't one shot the supposedly far inferior Superman. Instead he is seen trading punches and actually being pushed back. Where another proven powerful entity like Tyrant for example would dunk Superman like the weakling that he is comparatively speaking that is.

No one and I mean not a one poster can say what the power up trul y did to the Infinity Man outside of allowing him the power to assassinate New Gods, and do so off panel.

To inflate the Infinity Man to levels above what I imagine him to be without taking his battle with Superman into account is an omission of evidence that I can not ignore, nor should anyone else be forced to ignore. Now to go from obviously being superior to Superman, to being above Odin in power, or even the notion of being within the same ballpark as an IG user would need vast amounts of evidence to prove his vast amount of power.

Frankly I never saw this. What I saw was a guy that was powerful in his base form fight Superman the way that he would normally without an amplification. Odin, Tyrant, Galactus, Zeus, Rune King Thor, the Inbetweener, and a vast number of guys in or close to these levels would never have been pushed back by Superman. Some would just one shot him, or wave him into another universe or stop his pulse with a gesture. I did not see this kind of power. Shyt Odin would with a gesture send him to another time period and bring him back once the deed with Scott was over.

Now to place him in the same ballpark with an IG user.... You get me? These are my reasons. I just can't swing on the same opinion that everyone else has because it's the politically correct thing to do, or to make others like me or to just be a general dick rider. I'm sorry bro.
Comic inconsistencies. That happens all the time in comics. Trust me when I say he can kill anyone in this team with a gesture. He battled Scott with the ALE almost to a stalemate. This is a spite thread. We later see that Metron surmises the reason why Supes was spared was because he was chosen to bear witness.

Stoic
Comic inconsistencies. That happens all the time in comics. Trust me when I say he can kill anyone in this team with a gesture. He battled Scott with the ALE almost to a stalemate. This is a spite thread. We later see that Metron surmises the reason why Supes was spared was because he was chosen to bear witness.

He had the power to battle Scott to a stalemate. He could not kill him however, because of a foreign agent in play. This was the Ale that literally protected Scott from the Source Entities powers because they were outside of his influence up until that point. The Source killed Scott at the end of the book, not the Infinity Man, and you will notice also that Scott was not in his Ale form. If the Infinity Man could have killed Superman with a gesture, he would have certainly had the power to one shot, but this did not happen. Instead he opted to contain him within a prison of solidified light, and in so doing, acknowledges Superman's power. Hence why he said judiciously

celeyhyga17
He had the power to battle Scott to a stalemate. He could not kill him however, because of a foreign agent in play. This was the Ale that literally protected Scott from the Source Entities powers because they were outside of his influence up until that point. The Source killed Scott at the end of the book, not the Infinity Man, and you will notice also that Scott was not in his Ale form. If the Infinity Man could have killed Superman with a gesture, he would have certainly had the power to one shot, but this did not happen. Instead he opted to contain him within a prison of solidified light, and in so doing, acknowledges Superman's power. Hence why he said judiciously

huh?
k so u think Supes is >>> HH level.
what is it ure trying to say?

Stoic
huh?
k so u think Supes is >>> HH level.
what is it ure trying to say?

Actually what I am saying is; either Superman is higher than high herald level which flies in the face of too many showings to count, or the Infinity Man was given the power to specifically assassinate New Gods.

Once again, If the Infinity Man was powerful enough to easily rip the characters in this thread to shreds, he would have easily have been able to one shot Superman.

But then again perhaps he was simply playing with Superman which also runs contrary to the tone of the story.If you own issue #7 of the arc, please re-read the last 7 pages of the book. You will notice that the Source Entity did not even touch Scott or Metron, to kill them. This is the same mysterious power that was given to the Infinity Man, but this power did not work while Scott was protected by the Ale, which was outside of the Source Entities influence in terms of power. This also coincides with the story.

celeyhyga17
Actually what I am saying is; either Superman is higher than high herald level which flies in the face of too many showings to count, or the Infinity Man was given the power to specifically assassinate New Gods.

Once again, If the Infinity Man was powerful enough to easily rip the characters in this thread to shreds, he would have easily have been able to one shot Superman.

But then again perhaps he was simply playing with Superman which also runs contrary to the tone of the story.If you own issue #7 of the arc, please re-read the last 7 pages of the book. You will notice that the Source Entity did not even touch Scott or Metron, to kill them. This is the same mysterious power that was given to the Infinity Man, but this power did not work while Scott was protected by the Ale, which was outside of the Source Entities influence in terms of power. This also coincides with the story.

confused

the Darkone

Why Superman surviving a encounter IM, we later see that Metron surmises the reason why Supes was spared was because he was chosen to bear witness, that it!? It nothing due Superman power, now you are speculating beyond belief, Superman was never a threat to Infinity Man period, why are you still try to say other wise. IM chose not too kill him, Superman is a not a New God, if any thing Superman was witness to the end of the New Gods and their version of Ragnarok.
You can speculate all you want it doesn't change the fact that , IM was powerful enough to kill all the New Gods , he killed a sky father in Takion and a Death God in Black Racer and mid to high heralds, what you believe Superman is superior than theses two and the rest of the new gods, I hope not !?

Superman fought IM that wasn't going all out on Superman an his actions proved it, o say Superman was powerful to challenge a God killer of New Gods is insane and idiotic .

Stoic your reasoning is flawed and fails horrible, you take little scuffle out context and try to say Superman can hang with a God killer that was powered by the Source and it purpose was to kill New Gods on sight and kill some of the most powerful New Gods at that, your over analyzing and speculating at best with no proof except for opinion which doesn't count.

Superman would have die messing with IM just like the new gods, and so would this team, this spite on major levels of logic. IF you think this team can beat or hang with IM powered by the source than you are one delusional nut case.

the Darkone

^ WTH confused, it's official stoic is on one!

I'm going to bed, out peeps!

DarkSaint85
Yeah, at the end of the day, I can see why Stoic is saying what he is/

A bit like Metallo, defeating Superman but at the same time would get merked by Captain MArvel - he's using weakness exploitation. Or Drax vs Thanos.

Problem is, nowhere was it said that IM possessed some kind of silver bullet to kill New Gods, when in reality, without this silver bullet he was Superman level.

The only proof we have is because Superman wasn't creamed. And due to the fact its Superman we're talking about here, I don't think that's sufficient proof to hang my hat on.

Stoic
Why Superman surviving a encounter IM, we later see that Metron surmises the reason why Supes was spared was because he was chosen to bear witness, that it!? It nothing due Superman power, now you are speculating beyond belief, Superman was never a threat to Infinity Man period, why are you still try to say other wise. IM chose not too kill him, Superman is a not a New God, if any thing Superman was witness to the end of the New Gods and their version of Ragnarok.
You can speculate all you want it doesn't change the fact that , IM was powerful enough to kill all the New Gods , he killed a sky father in Takion and a Death God in Black Racer and mid to high heralds, what you believe Superman is superior than theses two and the rest of the new gods, I hope not !?

Superman fought IM that wasn't going all out on Superman an his actions proved it, o say Superman was powerful to challenge a God killer of New Gods is insane and idiotic .

Stoic your reasoning is flawed and fails horrible, you take little scuffle out context and try to say Superman can hang with a God killer that was powered by the Source and it purpose was to kill New Gods on sight and kill some of the most powerful New Gods at that, your over analyzing and speculating at best with no proof except for opinion which doesn't count.

Superman would have die messing with IM just like the new gods, and so would this team, this spite on major levels of logic. IF you think this team can beat or hang with IM powered by the source than you are one delusional nut case.

First off I never said anything about the Infinity Man's intentions to kill Superman. Being KO'd with one shot is more my stance, which he could not do, and he was on panel seen to be pushed back by Superman during the battle, and yes the Infinity Man did hit Superman. So when he could not KO Superman with the power that he had, he imprisoned him within a solidified light cube.

Tyrant also had no wish of killing the heralds for his own purposes, but he was able to easily KO them,and do it with a smile on his face. This is not the power that the Infinity Man showed on panel, which is why you shouldn't throw words around like "speculating" to somehow strengthen your stance on the matter, because it will not overturn the on panel evidence of Superman's showing against the Infinity Man.

Actually anyone stating that the Infinity Man is this and that much more powerful than Low Trans is in fact speculating, because no one ever saw him kill a New God. Nor was the nature of his upgrade ever once stated on panel. If however the case were that he slapped Superman into a KO'd condition, and then stuck him in his light jar, then I would be like, Hell Yeahs he would push this teams shit in. This was not the case. You know it, and I know it.

Stoic
Yeah, at the end of the day, I can see why Stoic is saying what he is/

A bit like Metallo, defeating Superman but at the same time would get merked by Captain MArvel - he's using weakness exploitation. Or Drax vs Thanos.

Problem is, nowhere was it said that IM possessed some kind of silver bullet to kill New Gods, when in reality, without this silver bullet he was Superman level.

The only proof we have is because Superman wasn't creamed. And due to the fact its Superman we're talking about here, I don't think that's sufficient proof to hang my hat on.

Chech the end of the issue 7, and see how the Source Entity assassinates Metron, and Scott. Also take note that Scott was not in his Ale form when he was killed.

-Pr-
I think it's false to assume that IM couldn't, personally.

abhilegend
This is the same guy who claimed that soulfire formula reduced darkseid's durability because superman split him in half.

Stoic
I think it's false to assume that IM couldn't, personally.

It's not an assumption, he was not able to KO Superman on panel, the rest outside of it was, and is an assumption. he was also unable to assassinate Scott while he was in the Ale form. This is not me assuming, but what I was given to work with.

Originally posted by abhilegend
This is the same guy who claimed that soulfire formula reduced darkseid's durability because superman split him in half.

It's obvious that Darkseid was composed of something entirely different than his natural composition. If you could not see that, then the joke is really on you. Outside of of your attempts to incite conflict, with taunts such at this. Stick with the subject matter or remain silent.

abhilegend
It's not an assumption, he was not able to KO Superman on panel, the rest outside of it was, and is an assumption. he was also unable to assassinate Scott while he was in the Ale form. This is not me assuming, but what I was given to work with.

It's obvious that Darkseid was composed of something entirely different than his natural composition. If you could not see that, then the joke is really on you. Outside of of your attempts to incite conflict, with taunts such at this. Stick with the subject matter or remain silent.
Hahaha, keep going. Your rationalization are at least amusing.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Mr Master
Negative friend.

is because

I though he said that he will cut of all sensory input. Even so, the PowerGem boosting all his natural abilities (strength, durability, matter manipulation etc.) should make him more then immune to Thors strikes, right?

abhilegend
Thanos used power gem to turn thor into glass.

Stoic
Thanos has the power to manipulate matter, without using anything. Masters was just stating that the Power Gem added to his ability to pull the stunt off, that much easier.

Cogito
Stoic,

Your argument, and correct me if I'm wrong, is basically this: Infinity Man didn't kill Superman in one shot as he did New Gods, so either a) Infinity Man was some sort of silver bullet to New Gods or b) Infinity Man was HH at best

Lets tackle these one at a time.

a) Infinity man was a silver bullet to New Gods
Well, this doesn't really make much sense at all. For starters, this was never mentioned or implied in any way. That alone makes this entirely baseless speculation. If that were true, it doesn't make sense how Infinity Man was able to go rounds with the Anti-Life Entity Scott Free (the Entity is a multiversal concept and not a New God, after all). Nor does it explain how IM/ALE were able to destroy the Source Wall (multiversal also, never been breached by countless beings skyfather level+ let alone HH)

b) Infinity Man was HH at best
Well, this is full retard. For starters, IM has always been >HH. You're using a single showing against Superman and discounting one-shotting hundreds of thousands of New Gods, many of whom were HH+ (e.g. Takion, Black Racer, etc). These killings were done right before the fight with Superman. Then you're discounting his feats immediately following Superman (i.e. ALE Scott Free, busting the Source Wall).
Not one-shotting Superman (who was merely a spectator IM was not interested in killing) is not indicative in any way of power level. Thor fought Zeus, and yet you're not calling Zeus a high herald for not one-shot killing Thor. Silver Surfer didn't get killed by T&A. I could write a whole book about skyfather+ beings not one-shot killing high heralds, but I won't because it doesn't mean shit.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Badabing
blink

no expression

facepalm

It means Quoted For Truth.

I thought it was Quite ****ing True

Stoic
1st Paragraph
No, I said have the ability to one shot KO Superman, take what I said, not what you may believe that I said. If the Infinity Man was that powerful he would have put Superman out, and placed him within the force cube. This did not happen, so he opted to just imprison him. I'll say it once more, KO him. He was not able to do so. What happen was just the opposite, Superman began to push the Infinity Man back. Superman would have never begun to push Tyrant back.

A) Scott destroyed the Source Wall, not the Infinity Man. And this was all a part of the Source Entities plan for the wall to come down in order for it to become complete once again. Logic dictates many things. for one how well did Superman do when he once fought the Black Racer? Yet the Black Racer was easily assassinated off panel by the IM, and there was no sign of struggle to be seen. Yet Superman was able to take hits from this almighty Infinity Man, and even push him back, because in my book, Superman appeared to be getting the best out of the brief exchange, until the IM decided that Oh shit this guys too much of a handful to take out like this, so he Judiciously stuck him in a solidified light cube. Nothing more nothing less. So either Superman was operating at the level of an elite Sky Father, or the Infinity Man was not as powerful as people may have thought he was. It was also never stated as to how powerful the upgrade made him. Not even one citation. The deaths were a damn mystery all the way up until the last 2 books of the arc. First of all the ALE is the Source Entities second nature, and it knew intimately what powers to give the IM in order to do battle with this power, because it was the Source's power all along just not in the Source's possession due to the Ales dark nature, which disallowed the Source to become whole when it first found the Ale. That is what you may have missed, which may be confusing you.

B. Like I said before, every New God was the creation of the Source Entity, and the Source empowered his agent with the specific tools to take out New Gods. Superman was an unknown variable and was not supposed to be there in the first place, just as the Soul Fire potion was an unknown variable that the Source did not know about. Isn't that what the books say? You see the problem here is that you are trying to push the Infinity Man's upgrade unto the rest of the universe that were not New Gods, and as Superman proved, that just was not the case.

For you or anyone to believe that the IM was more powerful than an Elite Sky Father contradicts his showing against Superman, who has been taken down by far less than a being on Odin's level.

1. Do you know how much power the Source gave the Infinity Man, or the true nature of the power up?

2. If the Infinity Man was more powerful than an elite Sky Father, why was he not able to just slap Superman into a KO'd condition. Odin would have been able to, Tyrant would have been able to, the Inbetweener would have been able to, Zeus would have been able to, Rune King Thor would have been able to. All of these guys would have been able to slap Superman out with one hit, and do so without killing him, and once they did this they would be able to encase him within a cube of force. The Infinity Man was not able to do this, and according to the book, Superman was pushing him back.

Listen believe what you believe, but understand this, when people are sitting there claiming that the Infinity Man was above Odin, or that you would need a cosmic cube to stop him, there isn't a shred of proof to support the claim. It's just like Drax, and Thanos. Drax was given the power to weaken his physical body, and even kill him, but Nova Prime was able to beat up into a KO. If people did not know this, they would run around calling Drax a high Trans-low Sky Father, but for those of us that know the truth about Drax he simply is not.

Uriel005
1st Paragraph
No, I said have the ability to one shot KO Superman, take what I said, not what you may believe that I said. If the Infinity Man was that powerful he would have put Superman out, and placed him within the force cube. This did not happen, so he opted to just imprison him. I'll say it once more, KO him. He was not able to do so. What happen was just the opposite, Superman began to push the Infinity Man back. Superman would have never begun to push Tyrant back.

A) Scott destroyed the Source Wall, not the Infinity Man. And this was all a part of the Source Entities plan for the wall to come down in order for it to become complete once again. Logic dictates many things. for one how well did Superman do when he once fought the Black Racer? Yet the Black Racer was easily assassinated off panel by the IM, and there was no sign of struggle to be seen. Yet Superman was able to take hits from this almighty Infinity Man, and even push him back, because in my book, Superman appeared to be getting the best out of the brief exchange, until the IM decided that Oh shit this guys too much of a handful to take out like this, so he Judiciously stuck him in a solidified light cube. Nothing more nothing less. So either Superman was operating at the level of an elite Sky Father, or the Infinity Man was not as powerful as people may have thought he was. It was also never stated as to how powerful the upgrade made him. Not even one citation. The deaths were a damn mystery all the way up until the last 2 books of the arc. First of all the ALE is the Source Entities second nature, and it knew intimately what powers to give the IM in order to do battle with this power, because it was the Source's power all along just not in the Source's possession due to the Ales dark nature, which disallowed the Source to become whole when it first found the Ale. That is what you may have missed, which may be confusing you.

B. Like I said before, every New God was the creation of the Source Entity, and the Source empowered his agent with the specific tools to take out New Gods. Superman was an unknown variable and was not supposed to be there in the first place, just as the Soul Fire potion was an unknown variable that the Source did not know about. Isn't that what the books say? You see the problem here is that you are trying to push the Infinity Man's upgrade unto the rest of the universe that were not New Gods, and as Superman proved, that just was not the case.

For you or anyone to believe that the IM was more powerful than an Elite Sky Father contradicts his showing against Superman, who has been taken down by far less than a being on Odin's level.

1. Do you know how much power the Source gave the Infinity Man, or the true nature of the power up?

2. If the Infinity Man was more powerful than an elite Sky Father, why was he not able to just slap Superman into a KO'd condition. Odin would have been able to, Tyrant would have been able to, the Inbetweener would have been able to, Zeus would have been able to, Rune King Thor would have been able to. All of these guys would have been able to slap Superman out with one hit, and do so without killing him, and once they did this they would be able to encase him within a cube of force. The Infinity Man was not able to do this, and according to the book, Superman was pushing him back.

Listen believe what you believe, but understand this, when people are sitting there claiming that the Infinity Man was above Odin, or that you would need a cosmic cube to stop him, there isn't a shred of proof to support the claim. It's just like Drax, and Thanos. Drax was given the power to weaken his physical body, and even kill him, but Nova Prime was able to beat up into a KO. If people did not know this, they would run around calling Drax a high Trans-low Sky Father, but for those of us that know the truth about Drax he simply is not. because all out superman is superior to skyfathers

creepsmile

No but in all seriousness, superman rule of thumb, superman fluctuates to whatever tier he needs to be for a story arc.

Cogito
Stoic, you can make shit up all you want, but this will always be true

Not one-shotting Superman (who was merely a spectator IM was not interested in killing) is not indicative in any way of power level. Thor fought Zeus, and yet you're not calling Zeus a high herald for not one-shot killing Thor. Silver Surfer didn't get killed by T&A. I could write a whole book about skyfather+ beings not one-shot killing high heralds, but I won't because it doesn't mean shit.

Stoic
Stoic, you can make shit up all you want, but this will always be true

And yet he hit him and got into a battle with him, when he could have trapped him all along. His eye blast did not work, his punches did not work. He was pushed back, and he certainly was not playing with Superman because that was not the tone of the battle. Tyrant one shotting and taking out all of those Heralds was done in fun, he was even smiling while beating the mess out of them. The opposite occurred with the Infinity Man.

Originally posted by Uriel005
because all out superman is superior to skyfathers

creepsmile

No but in all seriousness, superman rule of thumb, superman fluctuates to whatever tier he needs to be for a story arc.

Sorry but the arc did not go that way. Superman had it out with Kalibak, and Orion during the arc, and none of those battles made him out to be on Odin's level or anywhere close. Accept my apologies, but I just won't buy that.

Stoic
@Cogito What gives you the idea that the Infinity Man was on that level? You didn't even know who the hell was killing the New Gods, but automatically jumped to the damn conclusion that whoever was killing them had to have been a powerful ass SOB. But you never took it into consideration that the Source may have powered his agent merely with tools to exploit his own creations, because this would be completely out of the effing question., after all who better to know the New Gods than the guy who created them. You can't lump the rest of the universe together and say that because the Infinity Man defeated the New Gods without there even having been a struggle in order to inflate him, because you never even saw how he killed them. So you keep on making shit up as you go along, but on panel there is proof to the contrary. Superman's battle performance against the IM is the only solid proof as to how well he would do against a non New God of that level of power.

abhilegend
Thanos has the power to manipulate matter, without using anything. Masters was just stating that the Power Gem added to his ability to pull the stunt off, that much easier.
Thanos doesn't turn heralds in glass on his own.

abhilegend
@Cogito What gives you the idea that the Infinity Man was on that level? You didn't even know who the hell was killing the New Gods, but automatically jumped to the damn conclusion that whoever was killing them had to have been a powerful ass SOB. But you never took it into consideration that the Source may have powered his agent merely with tools to exploit his own creations, because this would be completely out of the effing question., after all who better to know the New Gods than the guy who created them. You can't lump the rest of the universe together and say that because the Infinity Man defeated the New Gods without there even having been a struggle in order to inflate him, because you never even saw how he killed them. So you keep on making shit up as you go along, but on panel there is proof to the contrary. Superman's battle performance against the IM is the only solid proof as to how well he would do against a non New God of that level of power.
Infinity Man also stalemated Gog who stomped entire JSA which included KC superman. In fact he was choking KC superman after koing him.

Stoic
Infinity Man also stalemated Gog who stomped entire JSA which included KC superman. In fact he was choking KC superman after koing him.

Do you have any of those scans?

Cogito
And yet he hit him and got into a battle with him, when he could have trapped him all along. His eye blast did not work, his punches did not work. He was pushed back, and he certainly was not playing with Superman because that was not the tone of the battle. Tyrant one shotting and taking out all of those Heralds was done in fun, he was even smiling while beating the mess out of them. The opposite occurred with the Infinity Man.

Fact: Superman didn't hurt Infinity Man
Fact: Infinity Man didn't care about killing Superman (in fact didn't want to kill Superman. He only killed the New Gods because he was directed to by the Source. He's still buddies with Supes)
Fact: Tons of Skyfathers and abstracts even have failed to, or chosen not to, kill heralds with ease. You're ignoring every instance of this happening because you don't want to believe that Infinity Man, empowered by the goddamn Source, was actually powerful. I don't know why it's so hard for you to believe that he was actually legit.

I don't make up explanations that aren't written on panel. Especially ones that don't explain the greatest feat IM pulled off (stalemating the Anti-Life Entity)

Stoic
Thanos doesn't turn heralds in glass on his own.

What does matter manipulation mean to you? I'm just wondering, because Sersi does things like that all of the time, as well as other Eternals. The Power Gem just gave him a higher degree of power and control of this ability. This is also way off topic.

the Darkone
Stoic,

Your argument, and correct me if I'm wrong, is basically this: Infinity Man didn't kill Superman in one shot as he did New Gods, so either a) Infinity Man was some sort of silver bullet to New Gods or b) Infinity Man was HH at best

Well, this doesn't really make much sense at all. For starters, this was never mentioned or implied in any way. That alone makes this entirely baseless speculation. If that were true, it doesn't make sense how Infinity Man was able to go rounds with the Anti-Life Entity Scott Free (the Entity is a multiversal concept and not a New God, after all). Nor does it explain how IM/ALE were able to destroy the Source Wall (multiversal also, never been breached by countless beings skyfather level+ let alone HH)

Well, this is full retard. For starters, IM has always been >HH. You're using a single showing against Superman and discounting one-shotting hundreds of thousands of New Gods, many of whom were HH+ (e.g. Takion, Black Racer, etc). These killings were done right before the fight with Superman. Then you're discounting his feats immediately following Superman (i.e. ALE Scott Free, busting the Source Wall).

He went full retard and then some, is argument is flawed from top to bottom

-Pr-

I don't agree, and I think you're making a leap to justify a position that's already on shaky ground.

Stoic,

thumb up

That's what it comes down to, really. Speculation.

Endless Mike
How many times has Superman survived or even beaten people who should have defeated him easily? Using that as the basis of an argument is weak.

JakeTheBank
The only "factor" here is Sentry, and that's if he unleashes the Void. Even then, he's getting his shit kicked in by Infinity Man.

the Darkone
DOTNG Infinity Man will rip Sentry/Void in half, and see how he likes getting ripped in half! wink

pym-ftw
^it probably wouldn't mind it, but yeah IM wins

Galan007
If we are going to use this level of ABC logic, then...

Black Racer wtfpwns Superman with the merest twitch of his eyeball:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/br1j.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/br2p.jpg/
ie. BR was so much more powerful than Supes that he didn't even need to lift a finger to effortlessly KO him.

...Yet even BR was ultimately killed by IM:
http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/?action=view&current=im_racer1.jpg
---
On that note, even as a complete n00b, Takion was able to momentarily hold back the Godwave (universal++ energies):
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/219/22484490em9.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/219/62011991vw9.jpg/

Takion (even more n00bish) was >> Captain Atom+Wally+Kyle:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/12zl3.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/13hl9.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/14vl0.jpg/

But he, too, was killed by IM in the space of a single page:
http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/?action=view&current=im_takion1.jpg
http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/?action=view&current=im_takion2.jpg

---

So Infinity Man >> BR >>>> Superman.
Infinity Man >>> Takion >> CA+Wally+Kyle >> Superman.

Easy is, as easy does. big grin

the Darkone

ie. BR was so much more powerful than Supes that he didn't even need to lift a finger to effortlessly KO him.

http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/?action=view&current=im_racer1.jpg
---
On that note, even as a complete n00b, Takion was able to momentarily hold back the Godwave (universal++ energies):

http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/?action=view&current=im_takion1.jpg
http://s553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/?action=view&current=im_takion2.jpg

---

You know damn well he will counter your argument with some BS logic and speculation out of his butt wink

DarkSaint85
I will start it off.

We never saw IM actually kill them, and he might be NG Kryptonite, specifically designed to kill them Happy Dance

the Darkone
I will start it off.

We never saw IM actually kill them, and he might be NG Kryptonite, specifically designed to kill them Happy Dance

Even though we didn't see, it was revealed later on tin the story that it was IM powered by the source, we know he was powerful to go head up with Miracle Man w/ ALE and shatter the Source Wall, no mere sky father can do that.

Stoic

---

---

This also supports my argument. If Superman was incapable of taking it to Black Racer, but was able to stand toe to toe with the Infinity Man, something is way off. Where are the scans of the Infinity Man and the JSA that Abhi was talking about? Let's see how well je does against non New Gods. Would this showing place him above Odin, or even in the same ballpark in terms of power?

Galan007
The 'fight' with Gog was only like 2 pages long, and gave us no bearing on power levels. It's in the IM respect thread.

...And Superman wasn't standing 'toe to toe' with IM. That is a huge exaggeration of the truth.

Stoic
The 'fight' with Gog was only like 2 pages long, and gave us no bearing on power levels. It's in the IM respect thread.

...And Superman wasn't standing 'toe to toe' with IM. That is a huge exaggeration of the truth.

In the book that I have, Superman was standing toe to toe with the Infinity Man. There is no exaggeration. Was the Infinity Man tossing Superman back and forth, and beating his face in? No he was not. Did Superman get in more hits, or at least an equal amount of hits? Yes he was. If the Infinity Man beat Superman up and down, back and forward without any reprisals from Superman then it would be the exaggeration that you say that I am making it out to be.

Besides, what's the big deal? I have my opinion, and others have theirs, it's the way of the world man.

abhilegend
What does matter manipulation mean to you? I'm just wondering, because Sersi does things like that all of the time, as well as other Eternals. The Power Gem just gave him a higher degree of power and control of this ability. This is also way off topic.
Thanos isn't a matter manipulator of any degree resembling sersi.

Stoic
Thanos isn't a matter manipulator of any degree resembling sersi.

That's quite OK Abhi, I realize that you need to be spoon fed certain ideas, in order to understand simple concepts.

abhilegend
That's quite OK Abhi, I realize that you need to be spoon fed certain ideas, in order to understand simple concepts.
Stoic, I was using simple sentences so that you don't have any problem reading them. Don't confuse yourself with me, your intelligence is legendary.

Stoic
Stoic, I was using simple sentences so that you don't have any problem reading them. Don't confuse yourself with me, your intelligence is legendary.

Well you seemed to not be capable of understanding what Masters said concerning the PG amplifying Thanos' ability to manipulate matter.

Golgo13
So, we all agree IM wins? smile

abhilegend
Well you seemed to not be capable of understanding what Masters said concerning the PG amplifying Thanos' ability to manipulate matter.
I said thanos used PG to turn thor into glass. Whether it was from amping his near non-existant matter manipulation or not is irrelevant as this isn't the topic. Thanos was amped up and that's what I was referring to. That's why I was using simple sentences for you, complex sentences and scans confuse you too much to make a coherent reply.

Stoic
^ More like blatant trolling. If you understood from the get go, you shouldn't have ever made more out of it than you did, but there you were doing exactly just that. And there Thanos was using the PG to turn Thor into glass, with his non existent matter manipulation. I understand though, it's a puberty thing.

abhilegend
^ More like blatant trolling. If you understood from the get go, you shouldn't have ever made more out of it than you did, but there you were doing exactly just that. And there Thanos was using the PG to turn Thor into glass, with his non existent matter manipulation. I understand though, it's a puberty thing.
You are the guy who is making shit up as usual basing on nothing but your speculations (WHINE*IM didn't oneshot superman or stomped him*WHINE) so obviously he's at *insert random level* and accusing me of trolling. In the same arc superman split darkseid in half while source couldn't do it and then you spouted your legendary intellectual BS once more*infinite feathers are lighter than infinite lead or hulk is lightspeed because he tagged sentry* and declared that darkseid got changed into a different material altogether despite having no proof whatsoever. I understand it though, hulk fanboyism does that to people.

the Darkone
In the book that I have, Superman was standing toe to toe with the Infinity Man. There is no exaggeration. Was the Infinity Man tossing Superman back and forth, and beating his face in? No he was not. Did Superman get in more hits, or at least an equal amount of hits? Yes he was. If the Infinity Man beat Superman up and down, back and forward without any reprisals from Superman then it would be the exaggeration that you say that I am making it out to be.

Besides, what's the big deal? I have my opinion, and others have theirs, it's the way of the world man.

Can you comprehended the context of that fight or are you going by your feelings which doesn't count here, IM wasn't trying to kill Superman or Gog for they were not targets, now if they were, they would have gotten killed, it's just that simple. Yes you are exaggerating the fight between IM and Superman, for the simple fact IM wasn't trying to kill Superman, if anything Superman was a witness to the end of the New Gods.
Comics have shown this somebody like Superman who are not targets of specific character seems they can hold their own in actuality, the main antagonist is having petty on them, this has happen to Thor, Superman, Wonder Woman etc and they gotten dismissed like gnats, like when IM imprisoned Superman.

Than we see IM and Miracle Man w/ALE clashed and destroyed the source wall, now you are telling us that Superman could have survive that assault from either of those two, if not protected by the source or the presence, because if you say yes than you are lost!?

This team is facing IM at his most powerful which he is powered by the source, and you are saying "I hope not" that this team has a chance against IM, because the way Superman fought IM? If you say yes to this, you need to burn all your comics and commit yourself to a mental hospital asap!?

the Darkone
Originally posted by Golgo13
So, we all agree IM wins? smile

Yes we do, except for one lost soul who is delusional.

Stoic
Can you comprehended the context of that fight or are you going by your feelings which doesn't count here, IM wasn't trying to kill Superman or Gog for they were not targets, now if they were, they would have gotten killed, it's just that simple. Yes you are exaggerating the fight between IM and Superman, for the simple fact IM wasn't trying to kill Superman, if anything Superman was a witness to the end of the New Gods.
Comics have shown this somebody like Superman who are not targets of specific character seems they can hold their own in actuality, the main antagonist is having petty on them, this has happen to Thor, Superman, Wonder Woman etc and they gotten dismissed like gnats, like when IM imprisoned Superman.

Than we see IM and Miracle Man w/ALE clashed and destroyed the source wall, now you are telling us that Superman could have survive that assault from either of those two, if not protected by the source or the presence, because if you say yes than you are lost!?

This team is facing IM at his most powerful which he is powered by the source, and you are saying "I hope not" that this team has a chance against IM, because the way Superman fought IM? If you say yes to this, you need to burn all your comics and commit yourself to a mental hospital asap!?

Tyrant wasn't trying to kill the various heralds that he had captured either, but that didn't stop them from getting the one shot. Leave your emotions out of this, I choose to believe what I want, and you can believe what you like, so stop asking questions about what it is that I think. If you are confused by anything that I wrote go back and re-read everything that I wrote. It's a free world, where people have differing opinions. I believe that the people propping the Infinity Man up to be more than he is are wrong, but you don't see me flaming them. Just keep that in mind.

abhilegend
Tyrant didn't oneshot any herald at peak power, he was draining them before that. Even terrax took several blasts from him before going down in Cosmic powers unlimited.

the Darkone
Closed thread for spite towards team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.