New York

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chillmeister
I'm off to New York with my girlfriend in a couple of weeks and wondered if there was anything I should definitely do? Obviously I know about most of the really obvious stuff, but as I know a lot of this board are from the US, it would be interesting to hear some suggestions from you guys.

Cheers.

Little Caesar
Take the Staten Island Ferry from lower Manhattan to Staten Island, does not take long. Do it just after the sun has set. The view of Manhattan from the bay and the surrounding iconic landmarks is spectacular, and the cost is almost free. You can pay a lot more and ride tour boats but the Staten Island Ferry has its very own charm, and very few tourists. This would be a genuine New York experience.

Barker
Roosevelt Island

CowardlyBlakMan
Visit Harlem and the South Bronx. Its great this time of year. Especially late at night

ThorinWoofer
Stay at the Waldorf

Barker
There's lots of New York stuff in Eleanor Friedberger's 5 star album "Last Summer".

I would encourage you to buy a copy and listen to it several times over, then consider tweeting Eleanor and expressing your awe at how amazing she is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.