Iron Fist vs Sabastian Shaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Rand vs Shaw get your tickets now and your opinions in now.

Stoic
Shaw.

golem370
I think so to but I am sure some people will think different.

Glorificus
Shaw is nowhere near fast enough to ever lay a hand on Danny.

And Shaw has been overloaded by a lightning bolt in the past. I can see Danny simply blasting him until he overloads him with chi energy.

DarkSaint85
When else has Shaw been overloaded?

cdtm
Originally posted by Glorificus

And Shaw has been overloaded by a lightning bolt in the past. I can see Danny simply blasting him until he overloads him with chi energy.

Sounds like a low end showing for Shaw..

I agree, Danny is faster.

Has Shaw's energies ever been manipulated before? Danny has at least a half dozen examples of manipulating various forms of energy, including wrestling with the energies in Wreckers magic crowbar.. (Even though he lost that struggle..)

He's also done pressure point KO's in the past, by applying pressure to the neck.. Both on people, and on wolves. Wonder if that would be enough to KO Shaw..

golem370
A lightning bolt is around a 30,000 degrees of heat or enough energy to light 150,000,000 light bulbs.

srankmissingnin

Shaw has hit faster people than Danny with minimal effort.

Red Lotus had some mild success with pressure points and keeping Shaw of balance when they fought, buying him enough time to flee, but that should probably be chalked up to PIS. Shaw should have little effort taking a clean sweep against Danny.

cdtm
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batman hit Superman. I guess Batman is faster than Danny too.

Glorificus

Red Lotus had some mild success with pressure points and keeping Shaw of balance when they fought, buying him enough time to flee, but that should probably be chalked up to PIS. Shaw should have little effort taking a clean sweep against Danny.

And Spiderman has beaten Firelord. Slade has tripped the Flash.

Why chalk Red Lotus using pressure points to keep Shaw off balance as PIS, after you just stated Shaw has hit people faster than Danny when he has no business doing so, outside of said PIS?

*confused*.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by cdtm
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batman hit Superman. I guess Batman is faster than Danny too.

Do you want to think about the difference between that example and what we are talking about here... or do you really need it explained to you?

DarkSaint85
Shaw's speed amps up as well, right? All his physical abilities get better.

Mindset
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1053/ironfist11.jpg

IF 10/10

Glorificus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Shaw's speed amps up as well, right? All his physical abilities get better.

To what degree? And how long does it take to reach at the very least bullet-timing speed - which he will need in order have reflexes and reaction speeds anywhere near Danny's.

And in order to reach such physical levels, exactly how much energy will he need to absorb? Could it be possible he simply gets overloaded before he has a chance to utilize the boosted stats, on account of Danny blasting him or pressure-pointing him several times before he finishes a single swing?

srankmissingnin
And Spiderman has beaten Firelord. Slade has tripped the Flash.

Why chalk Red Lotus using pressure points to keep Shaw off balance as PIS, after you just stated Shaw has hit people faster than Danny when he has no business doing so, outside of said PIS?

*confused*.

facepalm

First off all Iron Fist isn't the Flash. He has peak - to low LOW level super human speed. He is in NO way or form unhittable... especially when the person he is fighting can tank every hit and counter punch on the exchange. Second of all, Shaw amps his speed as well as his strength, which everyone has conveniently forgotten.

Red Lotus keeping Shaw off briefly keeping Shaw off balance is fine. Pressure points having any effect on him is PIS due to the nature of his powers. His body absorbs mechanical energy and turns it into

Lord Feron
Shaw with mild difficulty. Shaw took it to wolverine well.

dmills
Holy shyte Mindset posted a scan?!

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/885/hellfrozenover.jpg

Scoobless
IF isn't limited to physical attacks, he can do that Jedi wave thing and make Shaw fall asleep.

Also Shaw has been kod a few times purely with physical force, a full strength IF attack could put his lights out ... but it's a gamble.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Scoobless
IF isn't limited to physical attacks, he can do that Jedi wave thing and make Shaw fall asleep.

Also Shaw has been kod a few times purely with physical force, a full strength IF attack could put his lights out ... but it's a gamble.

Shaw's taken a haymaker on the jaw from Colossus with a smirk on his face.

You are going to need more than Orson Randell hypnotizing a fat middle aged both attendant (I'm sure his mental fortitude and will power was astoundingly strong), to build a case for Danny winning via hypnoses...

cdtm

http://www.lonsberry.com/images/thumbsup.gif

srankmissingnin
Danny's best chance of winning is via wrestling and bjj... which he has never demonstrated much proficiency in.

Scoobless
IF can hit a lot harder than Colossus.

srankmissingnin
IF can hit a lot harder than Colossus.

facepalm

No. No he can't. laughing

carver9
Shaw (especially current Shaw) stomps.

abhilegend
Namor and magneto have overloaded shaw, I can't see IF producing that much power. Also, that shaw in AXM was emma's illusion, unless its some other incidence.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by carver9
Shaw (especially current Shaw) stomps.

Yeah he's pretty powerful. He was absorbing the magic from Herc's weapons when they fought.

Stoic
If Colossus hit Hiroim with his best punch, would Hiroim stand there or be launched? Would Colossus nearly break his organic steel fist in the process?

pym-ftw
Sebastian Shaw beats Danny back to his green pj's

Scoobless
facepalm

No. No he can't. laughing

Than unamped Colossus, sure he can.

DarkSaint85
When did Colossus punch Shaw out, anyway?

Stoic

I'm not sure, but I don't think he did.

srankmissingnin
Than unamped Colossus, sure he can.

No. Colossus is hits harder than Danny's Iron Fist. A good deal harder.

He didn't. Shaw shrugs off Colossus' best attacks, and Colossus hits harder than Danny.... which brings us to where we are now.

DarkSaint85
Nor I. So its rather moot, really, if Danny can or cannot punch harder than Piotr.

Stoic
No. Colossus is hits harder than Danny's Iron Fist. A good deal harder.

He didn't. Shaw shrugs off Colossus' best attacks, and Colossus hits harder than Danny.... which brings us to where we are now.

He also smiled when She Hulk gave him her best punch.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Stoic
If Colossus hit Hiroim with his best punch, would Hiroim stand there or be launched? Would Colossus nearly break his organic steel fist in the process?

I think Colossus would probably lay the guy out. Despite his powers we never say Hiroim throw down with any big dogs, he wrecked Iron Fist, Panther, Cage and Shang-Chi (who did better than Iron Fist btw), but those guys are all small potatoes.

Stoic
I think Colossus would probably lay the guy out. Despite his powers we never say Hiroim throw down with any big dogs, he wrecked Iron Fist, Panther, Cage and Shang-Chi (who did better than Iron Fist btw), but those guys are all small potatoes.

I don't think that classic Colossus would beat Hiroim due to Hiroim already being a class 100 before amplifying his stats with Old Power, but I believe that he would give him one hell of a fight. Hiroim was an accomplished Gladiator, so he had moves that ranged outside of the typical dojo. He also appeared to be more agile.

Mindset
Didn't Danny face Hiroim before he improved in almost every aspect?

srankmissingnin
I don't think that classic Colossus would beat Hiroim due to Hiroim already being a class 100 before amplifying his stats with Old Power, but I believe that he would give him one hell of a fight. Hiroim was an accomplished Gladiator, so he had moves that ranged outside of the typical dojo. He also appeared to be more agile.

I just meant if Colossus hit he clean like Fist did, I think Hiroim would drop. But in a real fight Hiroim would likely win, even if he fought he couldn't win a melee slugfest, he can bfr Poitr with the Old Strong.

Stoic
I just meant if Colossus hit he clean like Fist did, I think Hiroim would drop. But in a real fight Hiroim would likely win, even if he fought he couldn't win a melee slugfest, he can bfr Poitr with the Old Strong.

Oh, I didn't understand you. Yep your probably correct. But even if he didn't, one thing is certain, he wouldn't be standing there with a blemish on his shoulder.

cdtm
I just meant if Colossus hit he clean like Fist did, I think Hiroim would drop.

Didn't Fist hit Hiromi on the arm? That's not an attack that usually drops someone.

Stoic
Didn't Fist hit Hiromi on the arm? That's not an attack that usually drops someone.

Yes but Hiroim still put Danny out with ease. Can Danny take his own best shot to the face? Because that is what he would get if he punches Shaw.

cdtm
Yes but Hiroim still put Danny out with ease. Can Danny take his own best shot to the face? Because that is what he would get if he punches Shaw.

Well, like I said, he can do pressure point manipulation too.

Would that affect him?

Another thing, while Shaw can definitely absorb one or two IF's, what about a Black Panther-ish blitz?

Stoic
Well, like I said, he can do pressure point manipulation too.

Would that affect him?

Another thing, while Shaw can definitely absorb one or two IF's, what about a Black Panther-ish blitz?

He absorbs and re-channels kinetic energy so any blow that produces kinetic force will be absorbed. This would not be the right way for Danny to win here. Unless they retconned his weakness, Shaw was taken down by being hit by sub temperatures. Storm did this to him. if Danny wins, it would be by strategy, and not a bang out session with Shaw.

mastagambit
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Sebastian Shaw beats Danny back to his green pj's

Galan007
Shaw wins... Especially given his haxxed-out showings in Avengers Academy.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mindset
Didn't Danny face Hiroim before he improved in almost every aspect?

Yes

srankmissingnin
Yes

No.

WWH started a year after Immortal Iron Fist did. Some of it released concurrently with WWH (and after obviously), but continuity wise The Seven Capital Cities of Heaven arc was before WWH.

Mindset
No.

WWH started a year after Immortal Iron Fist did. Some of it released concurrently with WWH (and after obviously), but continuity wise The Seven Capital Cities of Heaven arc was before WWH. No.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
No.

Yes.

Mindset
You're a dirty lying sack of penises.

leonidas
this is a very bad match for danny..... jedi mind tricks aside, he really can't win this.

golem370
I thought it would be an interesting fight did mean it to be a spite thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.