Team MGS vs. Team Marvel Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Metal Gear Solid Team:
Solid Snake
Raiden
Vamp

Vs

Marvel Team:
Punisher
Deadpool
Blade

Fight takes place in an old abandoned oil refinery

Everyone gets their standard equipment

Which team wins?

Kazenji
Team Marvel.

Zack Fair
Raiden and Vamp is too much.

ares834
Team MGS easily.

The only problem is Deadpool's HF but they should be able to incapitate him for a win easily enough.

KingD19
Vamp keeps Deadpool busy while Raiden cuts him to pieces, then drops something heavy on him to keep him from getting up.

Everyone else dies by Raiden and Vamp.

Kazenji
Originally posted by KingD19
Vamp keeps Deadpool busy while Raiden cuts him to pieces, then drops something heavy on him to keep him from getting up.

Deadpool has survived worst.

Zack Fair
No doubt.

He still loses though.

KingD19
Originally posted by Kazenji
Deadpool has survived worst.

I never said it would kill him. I said it would keep him from getting up. Which would keep him from fighting, which would mean he loses.

NemeBro
Punisher and Blade are stomped into the ground instantly.

Deadpool is the only thing vaguely resembling a threat.

BruceSkywalker
Team Marvel gets their arses stomped

Pwned
Deadpool has probably been to the MGS universe. Or he has played the games. Chances are, he knows what the opposing team can do, and how he can stop them.

KingD19
How can he stop them though? He can he stop the two guys fast enough to not only dodge bullets, but block them with blades?

How can he stop Raiden, whose strong enough to move thousands of tons?

Pwned
Probably has a gadget or two up his sleeve to do it.

Or he blows their mind by breaking the fourth wall on them. They won't fight if they know that they are only fighting because some people on the internet are wanting to know who would win. He would probably convince them to just chill around, eat some pizza, who knows?

KingD19
MGS is so convoluted and complex that it could only be a fabrication of someones imagination. They already know that.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Pwned
Or he blows their mind by breaking the fourth wall on them.

That is old hat in the MGS universe. Psycho Mantis already thouroughly destroyed the fourth wall in 1.

XanatosForever
You like Castlevania, don't you?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Pwned
Deadpool has probably been to the MGS universe. Or he has played the games. Chances are, he knows what the opposing team can do, and how he can stop them. Wha?

ares834
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
That is old hat in the MGS universe. Psycho Mantis already thouroughly destroyed the fourth wall in 1.

Big Boss did it first in MG telling the player to turn off the game.

Zack Fair
Good ole Kojima.

GOD.

the ninjak
Deadpool has awesome teleportation feats and kills without question.

NemeBro
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
That is old hat in the MGS universe. Psycho Mantis already thouroughly destroyed the fourth wall in 1. Otacon: HEY SNAKE, PUT IN DISC TWO OHLOL WAIT A MINUTE THIS IS PS3 BLURAY.

Snake: SHUT THE **** UP.

WARChaelSonnen!
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Good ole Kojima.

GOD.

ThutNUSMDfY

Blight
Originally posted by ares834
Big Boss did it first in MG telling the player to turn off the game. That's not even close to the amount of fourth wall breaking Deadpool accomplishes mmm

ares834
Nor is it even close to what characters in MGS do... I was just pointing it out as it's the first time in the MG games that the fourth wall is broken (plus I love BB). Anyway, Psycho Mantis breaks the wall in a fashion more spectacular than any other fictional character I can think of.

WARChaelSonnen!
Originally posted by ares834
Anyway, Psycho Mantis breaks the wall in a fashion more spectacular than any other fictional character I can think of.

Indeed.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Blight
That's not even close to the amount of fourth wall breaking Deadpool accomplishes mmm MGS 4th wall breaking >>>> deadpool's

Psycho Mantis's stunt, alone, trumps everything.

WARChaelSonnen!
lol I wonder how that scene will translate into the movie.

Impediment
Marvel for the win.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by Blight
That's not even close to the amount of fourth wall breaking Deadpool accomplishes mmm

Originally posted by WARChaelSonnen!
Indeed.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
MGS 4th wall breaking >>>> deadpool's

Psycho Mantis's stunt, alone, trumps everything.

Can you guys refresh my memory please. I think I know what you are referring to but it's a little foggy.

the ninjak
Deadpool wins breakin the 4th with ease.

Heres a series that ended with DP entering the Nexus of all realities and killing the writers of his comic. Then he states HE'S COMING AFTER US NEXT!!!
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/DKTMU_4_TheGroup_021.jpg

WARChaelSonnen!
Psycho Mantis is much better at breaking the 4th wall. He does it through the medium of videogames (a medium which encompasses narrative, aesthetics, and interactivity), he interacts with both player and designer and does it in far cleverer way than anything Deadpool ever does.

lol even Rose has better 4th Wall feats in MGS2 when she gets pissed at raiden and doesn't let him save the game. laughing out loud

Originally posted by byrdgang21
Can you guys refresh my memory please. I think I know what you are referring to but it's a little foggy.

He demonstrates his powers of telekinesis by making the controller movie via the rumble pack.

He demonstrates his powers of telepathy by reading through the player's save data on his memory card and making comments on some of the games.

He makes it look like the game crashes where it goes to a blank screen with "HIDEO" in green letters in the top left hand side of the screen instead of "VIDEO".

He predicts exactly what the player will do and where he's going to fire his weapon etc. by accessing the controller port that the player is using. The only way to prevent him from doing it is to switch your controller from port 1 to port 2 and he can no longer predict what you're doing.

Think that's everything but there might be more. He makes cameo return appearance in mgs4 as well that nemebro mentioned.

Question, is beating The End by changing the clock settings of the PS2 and setting the time a week later between saves to make The End die of old age, an example of Snake/The Player breaking the fourth wall? Or escaping The Sorrow by actually selecting the option of quitting the game?

byrdgang21
Originally posted by WARChaelSonnen!
Psycho Mantis is much better at breaking the 4th wall. He does it through the medium of videogames (a medium which encompasses narrative, aesthetics, and interactivity), he interacts with both player and designer and does it in far cleverer way than anything Deadpool ever does.

lol even Rose has better 4th Wall feats in MGS2 when she gets pissed at raiden and doesn't let him save the game. laughing out loud

He demonstrates his powers of telekinesis by making the controller movie via the rumble pack.

He demonstrates his powers of telepathy by reading through the player's save data on his memory card and making comments on some of the games.

He makes it look like the game crashes where it goes to a blank screen with "HIDEO" in green letters in the top left hand side of the screen instead of "VIDEO".

He predicts exactly what the player will do and where he's going to fire his weapon etc. by accessing the controller port that the player is using. The only way to prevent him from doing it is to switch your controller from port 1 to port 2 and he can no longer predict what you're doing.

Think that's everything but there might be more. He makes cameo return appearance in mgs4 as well that nemebro mentioned.

Question, is beating The End by changing the clock settings of the PS2 and setting the time a week later between saves to make The End die of old age, an example of Snake/The Player breaking the fourth wall? Or escaping The Sorrow by actually selecting the option of quitting the game?

Is that the only way to beat The End? I don't remember doing that. I do remember having to quit the game to beat the Sorrow tho

solid snake101
if were talking pussy raiden mgs is going to have some problems against team marvel how ever if its cyborg raiden than im going with team mgs cause the only threat is dead pool since he has that fast regenerating skill so they might have to knock him out or something and i dont think that would be much of a problem

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Is that the only way to beat The End?

There's multiple ways to beat The End, fast forwarding your clock a few weeks makes him die of old age. If you save during the fight and come back a few days later though, he gets you when Snake's asleep and throws you in prison.

Real men just outsnipe him though. uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.