Solid Snake vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
These 2 fight one on one to see who is the greatest American War Hero.

Fight takes place on a Naval yard

Snake gets his standard gear. Cap gets his shield

1. Snake vs. Comic Cap
2. Snake vs. Movie & animation Cap

Who wins?

XanatosForever
I'm sure Comic Cap's got some serious feats under his belt. I can see him winning a majority over Snake.

Movie Cap, less so. I say Snake wins this one.

MooCowofJustice
Wasn't Snake crushed under the foot of a ten story high metal war machine? I don't understand how Cap would damage that. At least not movie Cap.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Wasn't Snake crushed under the foot of a ten story high metal war machine? I don't understand how Cap would damage that. At least not movie Cap.

That was Big Boss, but I see no reason why the feat could not be applied to Solid.

Solid Snake wipes his ass with movie Cap.

Comic Captain America is a beast though. Snake needs to get rid of the damned shield if he wants to win IMO.

Newjak
Cap

Snake probably

BruceSkywalker
comic book utterly destroys Snake

movie Cap loses to Snake

the ninjak
Yeah what Bruce said.

Comic version rules.
Movie version sucks.

Zack Fair
I don't see comic Cap stomping Snake. Beat him? Sure. Utterly destroy him? Nah.

Robtard
Guess you homos didn't watch the Ultimate Avengers animated films? Cos that Captain American went up against Ultimate Hulk, jumped out of multiple story buildings and flipped over a stationary cannon that easily weighed in excess of 20tons.

ares834
That still doesn't put him on Snake's level.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
Guess you homos didn't watch the Ultimate Avengers animated films? Cos that Captain American went up against Ultimate Hulk, jumped out of multiple story buildings and flipped over a stationary cannon that easily weighed in excess of 20tons. Snake can beat characters with strength feats far in excess of that, and Big Boss's feat of stopping a Metal Gear from crushing him and throwing it back puts Snake far above that level.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Robtard
Guess you homos didn't watch the Ultimate Avengers animated films? Cos that Captain American went up against Ultimate Hulk, jumped out of multiple story buildings and flipped over a stationary cannon that easily weighed in excess of 20tons.

Ultimate Cap is a legit class 10 if I'm not mistaken.

solid snake101
i say snake all together and why r people hating on movie cap and loving comic cap there isnt much difference there both the same ability with there super advance steroids

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by NemeBro
Snake can beat characters with strength feats far in excess of that, and Big Boss's feat of stopping a Metal Gear from crushing him and throwing it back puts Snake far above that level. Big Boss holding up Zeke's leg was massive PIS, in the same game he struggled to lift a shutter door that lead to Peace Walker's hanger

Comic Cap would absolutely destroy Snake and Big Boss in seconds. Solid Snake isn't peak human, he couldn't break a pair of hand cuffs and three soldiers kicked his ass. Big Boss got manhandled by Volgin, a guy who has no fighting skill and couldn't damage concrete with his bare fist.

MGS characters are a complete joke and would get decimated by comic characters.

NemeBro
Volgin punched through the hull of a tank.

Cry to someone else little girl.

Casper Whitey
Lol, a Naval yard? Do you have any idea of the number of hiding places Snake has there?

Snake slithers away into the shadows and Darts Cap in the butt.

ScreamPaste
How fittingly homoerotic of Snake. =o

Tzeentch._
Cap slaughters Snake in a forum environment. Snake's massive jobber-aura has no power here.

NemeBro
Snake has superhuman physical attributes you dumb half-breed.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by NemeBro
Snake has superhuman physical attributes you dumb half-breed. Your trolling sucks

Tzeentch._
No he doesn't. Have you actually played MGS?

ares834
Snake gets in fist fights with guys that can lift hundreds of tons and are able to block bullets with swords/knives.... And wins.

Not sure how one can deny that Snake has superhuman attributes.

KingD19
Snake and Cap suffer from the same flawed logic. They are clearly beyond peak human, but no limits to their abilities are ever firmly established, so writers can go as high or low as they want with them to push the story or benefit the character.

Cap's supposedly "peak" human, yet he outruns bullets, sees faster than them, punches out Hulk, holds up hundreds of tons by bracing his shield, etc...

Snake is the same way. He's superhuman, but supposedly not by much. But then he does stuff like fighting evenly with Grey Fox/Jaeger, even though he can dent metal several feet with human bodies, hold up several hundred tons with one arm, dodge/block bullets, and kick a chunk of concrete the size of an engine block like a soccer ball.

If anything I say their jobber auras cancel each other out, and they fight normally.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by ares834
Snake gets in fist fights with guys that can lift hundreds of tons and are able to block bullets with swords/knives.... And wins.

Not sure how one can deny that Snake has superhuman attributes. Snake got into a fist fight with Gray Fox because

-He was holding back on Snake
-His suit was malfunctioning

If Fox wanted to kill Snake he could of with ease.

People can deny that Snake has superhuman attributes because a guy who can't break a pair of hand cuffs and gets held up and beaten down by 3 soldiers isn't superhuman

Snake has done nothing to suggest he'd last more than 10 seconds against Cap.

Zack Fair
facepalm

sCOURGE_0
Ah the good ol facepalm emote, because when you're unable to formulate a credible argument why not try to discredit the other guys

Tzeentch._
Ooooooh. Get some Zack.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by KingD19
Snake and Cap suffer from the same flawed logic. They are clearly beyond peak human, but no limits to their abilities are ever firmly established, so writers can go as high or low as they want with them to push the story or benefit the character.

Cap's supposedly "peak" human, yet he outruns bullets, sees faster than them, punches out Hulk, holds up hundreds of tons by bracing his shield, etc...

Snake is the same way. He's superhuman, but supposedly not by much. But then he does stuff like fighting evenly with Grey Fox/Jaeger, even though he can dent metal several feet with human bodies, hold up several hundred tons with one arm, dodge/block bullets, and kick a chunk of concrete the size of an engine block like a soccer ball.

If anything I say their jobber auras cancel each other out, and they fight normally. Alot of this stuff, the bullet blocking, kicking the chunk of concrete, is from Twin Snakes, which is non canon

Although I know Gray Fox was able to deflect bullets when he was Null.

KingD19
That was in MGS1 when it came out on PS1.

The concrete chunk feat is when it was Snake, Ocelot, and Fox all in that room. He also blocked bullets back in MGS1.

And yes, As Null/Jaeger he was effortlessly blocking bullets without a High Frequency Blade.

sCOURGE_0
That was in MGS1 when it came out on PS1.

The concrete chunk feat is when it was Snake, Ocelot, and Fox all in that room. He also blocked bullets back in MGS1.

And yes, As Null/Jaeger he was effortlessly blocking bullets without a High Frequency Blade. No it wasnt

watch?v=lYRYWo828LY

No where hear did he kick any concrete, he went beserk then ran off

I dont recall him every blocking bullets although it doesnt matter since we know he could, but the concrete feat didnt happen

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by ares834

Not sure how one can deny that Snake has superhuman attributes. thumb up

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Ooooooh. Get some Zack. I sure did.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by Casper Whitey
thumb up I like how people thumbs up something, even though there was already a clear explanation given ON THE SAME PAGE, that they just happened to miss.

Superhumans can break hand cuffs
Superhumans don't get held up at gun point by three mooks then get beaten and captured

FinalAnswer
You sure enjoy lowballing, don't you?

And Snake did break those cuffs.

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by sCOURGE_0
I like how people thumbs up something, even though there was already a clear explanation given ON THE SAME PAGE, that they just happened to miss.

Superhumans can break hand cuffs
Superhumans don't get held up at gun point by three mooks then get beaten and captured thumb down

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
You sure enjoy lowballing, don't you?

And Snake did break those cuffs. I sure love speaking facts, apparently alot of people on this site hate them though

It's only low balling if there are high feats to counteract it, their aren't

Snake broke those hand cuffs after they got damaged by stray gunfire, and even after they were damaged it still took him several minutes to break them

Superhuman my ass, anyone who thinks Snake is even peak human is either an idiot or a fanboy.

FinalAnswer
I sure love speaking facts, apparently alot of people on this site hate them though

It's only low balling if there are high feats to counteract it, their aren't

Snake broke those hand cuffs after they got damaged by stray gunfire, and even after they were damaged it still took him several minutes to break them

Superhuman my ass, anyone who thinks Snake is even peak human is either an idiot or a fanboy.

High feats like physically restraining Vamp, dodging railgun shots in the middle of a snow storm, beating up a man who punches through armor RPGs can't dent, surviving a beating from said man? Holding up a metal gear? Walking off being shot by Sniper Wolf?

Jesus, bitchass Raiden was blocking machine gun fire with his sword in 2, try harder.

sCOURGE_0
High feats like physically restraining Vamp, dodging railgun shots in the middle of a snow storm, beating up a man who punches through armor RPGs can't dent, surviving a beating from said man? Holding up a metal gear? Walking off being shot by Sniper Wolf?

Jesus, bitchass Raiden was blocking machine gun fire with his sword in 2, try harder. Physically restraining Vamp, a guy who has no strength feats. Seriously I challenge anyone to find a single strength feat for Vamp

Dodging a rail gun shot in the middle of a snow storm, the same rail gun shot that took several seconds to hit the wall behind Snake

Beating up a man who punches through armor RPG'S can't dent?
Oh lordie lordie lord...Big Boss and Snake aren;t the same character
Big Boss got his ass kicked by Volgin the first time they fought
Volgin doesn't punch through steel because of his strength, he's able to punch through steel and concrete because he ignites the bullets in his hand to create a gun powder effect. And YES I have proof of this

I already explained why Snake survived against Gray Fox, I'm not going to explain it again

Walking off being shot by Sniper Wolf? Seriously? By that logic Sniper Wolf would be bullet proof to since she survives you shooting her in the head several times with sniper rifle

Same with Raiden blocking machine gun bullets. I think you're confusing gameplay with what characters are canonically possible of. In MGS2 Raiden was held up at gun point by several guards and Olga in her Cyborg Ninja armor had to save him.

I don't think you're qualified to speak here since you seem to not know much about this series. You should leave it to the experts, thanks...

KingD19
Raiden blocking bullets in 2 was a product of the sword. It was tuned to the frequency bullets made when they fired and automatically moved his arm to block them.

sCOURGE_0
Raiden blocking bullets in 2 was a product of the sword. It was tuned to the frequency bullets made when they fired and automatically moved his arm to block them. Do you have proof of this?

KingD19
Yes. Play the game, it's in the description of the weapon once you get it near the end. And it tells you to hold R1(or R2) to block bullets.

Once he's a cyborg, blocking them is all him, but before hand it was the sword.

sCOURGE_0
Yes. Play the game, it's in the description of the weapon once you get it near the end. And it tells you to hold R1(or R2) to block bullets.

Once he's a cyborg, blocking them is all him, but before hand it was the sword. Damn I don't have the game anymore, I had the HD collection from Gamefly but it's gone now. I'll have to look into it

KingD19
Yeah. I remember I tried to use a gameshark/code junkie to get the sword for Raiden's entire story, but I only got a mirror, which basically meant it was in my inventory and I could equip it, but it didn't work like it really was supposed to because the data was hardwired to the end of the game when you got it for real.

I felt so dumb when I pulled it out and tried to block bullets and got shot in the face.

sCOURGE_0

Once he's a cyborg, blocking them is all him, but before hand it was the sword.

watch?v=eQzQu9dI5IE

At 2:34 the description opens up and nothing is said about the sword doing the work

Kazenji
Or even better

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_weapons#High-frequency_blade

sCOURGE_0
It doesnt matter anyway since its a gameplay mechanic and not canon to the story.

Kazenji
Its still a weapon the character uses and its one of its abilities.

sCOURGE_0
So what? If you go through the game without using the sword it never happens thus is non canon.

ScreamPaste
So what? If you go through the game without using the sword it never happens thus is non canon. I hope you're not serious.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I hope you're not serious. Why wouldn't I be? It's common knowledge that canon material is indisputable. When Chris Redfield is in a debate people constantly refer to him shoving a boulder, that can't be refuted because that happened and happens no matter what you do. Same can't be said with Raiden deflecting bullets. Sorry

ScreamPaste
I have bad news; you're incorrect.

"If you go through the game without using an item it's non canon"

What? The item is there to be used and functions exactly as the game designers intended, just because a player might choose not to use it doesn't make it void. The item allows Raiden to block bullets, ergo, with it, Raiden can block bullets.

FinalAnswer
Physically restraining Vamp, a guy who has no strength feats. Seriously I challenge anyone to find a single strength feat for Vamp

Dodging a rail gun shot in the middle of a snow storm, the same rail gun shot that took several seconds to hit the wall behind Snake

Beating up a man who punches through armor RPG'S can't dent?
Oh lordie lordie lord...Big Boss and Snake aren;t the same character
Big Boss got his ass kicked by Volgin the first time they fought
Volgin doesn't punch through steel because of his strength, he's able to punch through steel and concrete because he ignites the bullets in his hand to create a gun powder effect. And YES I have proof of this

I already explained why Snake survived against Gray Fox, I'm not going to explain it again

Walking off being shot by Sniper Wolf? Seriously? By that logic Sniper Wolf would be bullet proof to since she survives you shooting her in the head several times with sniper rifle

Same with Raiden blocking machine gun bullets. I think you're confusing gameplay with what characters are canonically possible of. In MGS2 Raiden was held up at gun point by several guards and Olga in her Cyborg Ninja armor had to save him.

I don't think you're qualified to speak here since you seem to not know much about this series. You should leave it to the experts, thanks...

Vamp physically contended with Cyborg Raiden. Do you want me to list his feats?

Do you know what a railgun is? By definition, it can't be that slow. And no, it didn't take that long.

No they aren't. Solid Snake did, however, beat Big Boss in single combat. smile

Cool. So Big Boss physically beat up a man who has 10 million volts of electricity coursing through his body and can survive having RPGs lobbed at his head. smile

You made baseless claims is what you did.

Him getting shot by Sniper Wolf is a scripted event in MGS1.

It's an ability Raiden can do with his sword. It's as canon as the rest of the series. Deal with it.

You should quit and save yourself some dignity boyo.

Based
Solid Snake has infinite ammo. He wins.

cdtm

aZvIvDHy9vo

And he's flipping Metal Gear Ray's in Revengeance, but I'm not sure if that's considered cannon to MGS.

Kazenji
Yeah it looks more like gameplay to me....... shifty

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I have bad news; you're incorrect.

"If you go through the game without using an item it's non canon"

What? The item is there to be used and functions exactly as the game designers intended, just because a player might choose not to use it doesn't make it void. The item allows Raiden to block bullets, ergo, with it, Raiden can block bullets. I have bad news for you, I'm right, you're incorrect

If we went by your logic than Big Boss would be a class 100 character because he held up Zeke's leg in Peace Walker, even though in the same game he struggled to lift a shutter and needed to escape through a vent to get out of prison in Portable Ops

So no, Raiden blocking bullets is non canon and isn't a part of the story of his capabilities, period...

sCOURGE_0

Do you know what a railgun is? By definition, it can't be that slow. And no, it didn't take that long.

No they aren't. Solid Snake did, however, beat Big Boss in single combat. smile

Cool. So Big Boss physically beat up a man who has 10 million volts of electricity coursing through his body and can survive having RPGs lobbed at his head. smile

You made baseless claims is what you did.

Him getting shot by Sniper Wolf is a scripted event in MGS1.

It's an ability Raiden can do with his sword. It's as canon as the rest of the series. Deal with it.

You should quit and save yourself some dignity boyo.

Vamp contended with Raiden because his regeneration allowed him to shrug off all of his attacks, When his regeneratio was gone guess what? Raiden killed him. At no point in any of those fights did Vamp physically overpower or match Raiden in strength. He mainly dodged his attacks.

Plus Raiden's strength was highly inconsistent. At one point he was holding back Outer Haven. Too bad it's offset by all the other showings he had. At one point 4 Geckos were able to physically restrain him. Vamp was able to stab him with regular knives. Vamp even pinned Raiden's arm to his back when they dueled on top of Rex.

So you're wrong, Vamp still has ZERO strength feats, he was arguably faster than Raiden, could withstand more punishment, never matched him or anywhere close in strength

Try again

Yes, I know what a REAL LIFE Rail Gun is, the large one's the Navy uses can reach speeds up to Mach 20

Problem is the one Snake dodged was a portable rail gun that couldn't generate enough Joules to fire at that rate

Watch any video with Crying Wolf and count exactly from when the gun fires to when it hits the wall, it takes at minimum 4 seconds to traverse several hundred feat hence 1/4 the speed of a handgun bullet. Deal with it

Solid Snake beat Big Boss by using a make shift flame thrower because he couldn't beat him in hand to hand.

Big Boss lost to Volgin in hand to hand, a guy who couldn't put a dent in concrete with his own strenght, had no fighting skill or any peak human stats. He beat him the next time when he had access to all of his weapons. Volgin never canonically withstood an RPG either

Come on son, you're making this too easy

No, I spoke facts and nothing but facts
Gray Fox' suit was malfunctioning, watch the fist fight with Ocelot when he lobs his hand off, he goes beserk and runs away

When they actually fight Gray Fox toys with him, he hides with his camo telling Snake to fight him, then he yells at Snake to hit him harder and to keep hitting him, yelling "hurt me more" he wasn't going all out against him, again, deal with it.

Him shooting Sniper Wolf is also a scripted event, so I guess Wolf and Snake must both bullet proof? Even though Sniper Wolf died and Snake got held up at g un point by 3 guards?

Raiden blocking swords doesn't happen canonically. By your logic Big Boss is a class 100 character because he held up Zeke's leg in Peace Walker. Sorry doesn't work like that

It's painfully obvious that the only knowledge of the series you have is by watching YOutube videios. Unlike you I've played the games and am well versed in the lore and know fully what these characters are capable of

You know virtually nothing about this series, you confused Big Boss and Solid Snake and weren't aware of the fact that Snake beat him with a flame thrower which is why his body was incinerated in the first place and they needed to use Solidus' body to repair him.

My advice would be to play the games and educate yourself, and to not challenge people who are clearly superior to you in both knowledge and the use of logic.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by cdtm
aZvIvDHy9vo

And he's flipping Metal Gear Ray's in Revengeance, but I'm not sure if that's considered cannon to MGS. It is canon but it takes place nearly a decade after MGS4. The Developers even stated that Raiden has undergone massive upgrades and he clearly is much stronger, faster and more powerful than he was in MGS4.

Before MGS4 the Patriots removed part of Raiden's head and turned him into the Cyborg he was in MGS4. In Revengance he's ALL Cybernetic including the part of his severed head.

The lack of knowledge of this series on this forum is mind boggling. I wish you people wouldn't post on something your clearly not educated on.

cdtm
It's not even out yet. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And it's not by Hideo Kojima = don't care about it.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by cdtm
It's not even out yet. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And the canon question was because of a developer other then Hideo Kojima being involved...

But thanks for clearing its official status. Who said anything about the game being out? I know what I know because the developers themselves said so. It is canon, it takes place nearly a decade after MGS4, and Raiden is much more powerful because his body is purely cybernetic now including his head.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.