All Time Jedi Council and All Time Dark Council

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Based
Which Jedi and Sith would serve on their respective councils from anytime in SW history? 12 members each.

Luke and Yoda are the sure fire locks for the Jedi Order. Revan, Mace, Obi-Wan, Durron, Satele and Nomi Sunrider are probables. And probably some more I'm missing.

Sith are easier. Palpatine, Bane, Vitiate, Vader, Caedus and Exar Kun are locks. Ragnos, Nadd, Dooku, Ulic and Malgus are probables.

Who do you choose?

Q99
Luke, Yoda, Mace, Satele, Nomi, are my definites.

Saba Sebatyne's a maybe, as is Meetra Surik. Revan's tricky because of his whole falling thing. Lord Hoth is another possibility.

Not sure about Durron or Obi-Wan. Famous and strong, sure, but they didn't lead their orders.

Somewhat considering T'ra Saa, since she seemed to be the keystone to the Legacy era Jedi council, and much stronger than she was in the Clone Wars.

Krayt's a lock. Ruin's a lock (tfourth great schism, 1,000 years of war in his wake). Ajunta Pall's a lock (being the one who started the whole Sith thing!).

Some maybes include Belia Darzu, the last lord to hold control of the unified Sith before the Brotherhood of Darkness. Some of the other Hundred Year Darkness Exiles- Karness Muur and XoXaan, maybe Remulus Dreypa and Sorzus Syn too.

Hm, representing the Sith Empire, should it be Ragnos or Naga Sadow? He was the one who went out and went invading. Possibly both.

I wouldn't say Vader or Caedus are necessarily locks. Vader never ended up in charge, and Caedus, while fairly impressive didn't last long and never got much of a Sith empire going.

Revan's possibly in too... and the only reason I say 'possibly' is because he might be on the Jedi side.

Hate to say it, but Kaan?

Q99
Hm, so, first draft.

Jedi:
Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Mace Windu, Satele Shan, Nomi Sunrider, Saba Sebatyne, Meetra Surik, Revan, T'ra Saa, Lord Hoth, Kol Skywalker, Genarra*

Sith:
Darth Sidious, Darth Bane, Vitiate, Darth Krayt, Exar Kun, Darth Ruin, Ajunta Pall, Belia Darzu, Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Kaan, Caedus

*Grand Master during the New Sith Wars.

It was surprisingly hard to come up with a 12th Jedi, a lot of the time heroes we follow or who take down the big sith or who are just badass, aren't the leaders, or who are leaders but aren't great ones. Which is also why I put Revan on the Jedi side.

The Sith, on the other hand, we almost always follow their leaders, so we almost have too many names.

Jasontheswift
Jedi:
Yoda, Luke, Obi-Wan, Revan, Lord Hoth, Sataele shan, Saba Sebatyne, Kol Skywalker, Vodo-Siosk Baas, Garon Jard, Kavar, Kyle Katarn.

Sith:
Karness Muur, Darth Maul, Darth Sideous, Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, Darth Caedus, Darth Bane, Darth Tyranus, Darth Andeaddu, Ludo Kressh, Freedom Nadd.

If anyone has questions to why I can answer. However if you ask me it seems sort of self explanatory .

Jasontheswift
One thing I have noticed coming up is Krayt. Remember he could only rule on his own because he reformed the entire Sith empire way of tradition which many of these other sith lords held very valuable to their way of life. If we are saying that they would be relatively fine together then sure but if not being addressed there would be a huge civil war which Krayt most likely would lose.

Q99
Oh, if you're doing a cross-era Sith thing, hating each other's ways is pretty much guaranteed. Krayt's far from the most disliked here!

Naga Sadow was, according to Freedon Nadd, against the coming of the tradition of individual Sith Lords like Exar Kun at all. And in turn, Nadd declared Exar Kun a heretic and Ulic and the Krath the true heirs to the Sith. Bane hated Kaan and Kaan feared Bane. Sadow and Kressh hated each other. And so on.

Here's one group:
Marka Ragnos, Sadow, Vitiate, Darth Ruin, Darth Krayt, Ajunta Pall, Karness Muur, Belia Darzu, Ludo Kressh, and Kaan.

They all worked in kingdoms, empires, or with groups of Sith.

And of those, some (Vitiate, Ruin, Krayt, Ragnos, Darzu), enjoyed supremacy for pretty much their entire careers and might not be ok with serving under others, while other (Pall, Muur, Kressh, Kaan, Sadow) worked with other sith as at least near-equals with councils or such.

Here's another:
Darth Sidious, Darth Bane, Exar Kun, Darth Caedus, Darth Maul, Darth Tyrannus, Freedon Nadd, Darth Revan, Darth Andeddu.

They all worked individually, in a pairing, or similar. Some in Rule of Two or close enough to it, others just because they weren't willing to share with anyone (Nadd, Andeddu).

So whether we're talking my list or your list... it's a lot more chaotic than that and hard to say who'd come out on top.

All your Jedi picks are self-explanatory.

As for the Sith, there are four names I'd question. Maul, Tyrannus, Andeddu, and Ludo Kressh.

The first two simply because they were Sith Apprentices rather than Masters. Especially Maul. It seems to me like there are stronger choices.

As for Andeddu, he has great knowledge of eternal life and was considered strong in his time, but he's not even as strong as Wyyrlok, let alone Krayt or the other masters of respective eras, and he hid from his rivals in the end. Plus you've already got Muur doing the immortal thing.

Finally, Kressh... well, he's actually pretty strong, but still, he was only second best in his era and you've already got the stronger Sadow. I think he's kinda redundant.

WARChaelSonnen!
Jedis:

Revan
Meetra Surik
Bastilla Shan
Setale Shan
Nomi Sunrider
Odan-Urr
Master Vodo
Thon
Yoda
Luke Skywalker
Kol Skywalker
Kyp Durron

For the Siths:

Nihilus
Vitiate
Sidious
Sion
Bane
Zannah
Traya
Malak
Exar Kun
Marka Ragnos
Naga Sadow
Freedom Nadd

Q99
Originally posted by WARChaelSonnen!

Odan-Urr

Oh, good call, I forgot about him.

Kinda surprised to see him in there.

WARChaelSonnen!
Hmm well Sion actually achieved what all other Sith dream of achieving and that is learning to use the Force to prolong his own life, and he didn't use alchemy or rituals or tools or anything but just his own power, and he was only killed when he willingly gave up his life.

Though to be honest I was really just listing the twelve most powerful siths off the top of my head lol.

Q99
Originally posted by WARChaelSonnen!
Hmm well Sion actually achieved what all other Sith dream of achieving and that is learning to use the Force to prolong his own life, and he didn't use alchemy or rituals or tools or anything but just his own power, and he was only killed when he willingly gave up his life.

Well, Krayt did that too, and he was only killed when they plunged his body into Coruscant's sun smile

Personally I kinda wonder how strong Nadd is too. I mean, his spirit was obviously capable of doing a lot, but he spent his entire lifespan on one planet. It's really weird, how influential he was for him just being effectively a planetary warlord. He's important but I don't know if he's up there in power.

Arhael
Lol. Sith Council's you propose would murder each other within first gathering.

Q99
Originally posted by Arhael
Lol. Sith Council's you propose would murder each other within first gathering.

Ok, show me a Sith Council that won't do that smile

Barring ones that actually served together, it seems rather inevitable.
Especially if you include *any* rule of two sith, who's natural reaction will be, "Ok, there's 10 of us. We all follow the rule of two. ... draw."

Darth Abonis
Jedi- Yoda, Yaddle, Nomi Sunrider, Luke Skywalker, Old Ben, Saba Sebayntyne, Thon, Satele Shan, Vima Da-Boda, Mace Windu, Er'kit, and the Hero of Tython

Sith- Palpatine, Darth Tyrannus, Darth Marr, Lord Scourge, Marka Ragnos, Darth Plagueis, Darth Bane, Darth Krayt, Darth Maladi, Darth Desolous, Darth Malgus and Darth Malak.

|King Joker|
The Sith would fvcking kill each other.

Nephthys
Barsen'thor + Nox deserve a pip.

ILS
Here are some Sith I believe wouldn't attempt to kill each other if put on the same level of authority:

Tyranus, Malgus, Exar Kun, Plagueis. Possibly the likes of Naga Sadow. Vader or Caedus, maybe.

To be honest forming a council of 12 Sith who for definite won't kill each other may not be possible.

DarthAnt66
Revan would never be on the council.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Q99

Not sure about Durron or Obi-Wan. Famous and strong, sure, but they didn't lead their orders.

Obi-Wan should definitely be on there IMO. He's known for his Wisdom, Negotiating and Leadership skills more than anything else.

And just look at how much Yoda and Windu consult with Obi-Wan on the most important issues.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan would never be on the council.

Neither would the HoT.

It seems to me that the key to this is to make a council that would have the best leadership, decision making, wisdom, intelligence and co-operation, not power or combat ability. This is easy for the Jedi, but extremely hard for the Sith. IMO none of the big Sith should be on here, since they'll fight and back-stab like crazy. You need more level-headed Sith like Marr or those with a proven ability to work with others.

Jedi:

Luke, Yoda, Mace, Barsen'thor, Nomi, Satele, Obi-Wan, Saba, Thon, Arca, Meetra, Odan-Urr. Qui-Gon is a possibility, but there was a reason he wasn't on there.

Sith:

Marr, Wyyrlok, Nox, Scourge, um Dooku? Plagueis? Ah **** it.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Nephthys
It seems to me that the key to this is to make a council that would have the best leadership, decision making, wisdom, intelligence and co-operation, not power or combat ability. This is easy for the Jedi, but extremely hard for the Sith. IMO none of the big Sith should be on here, since they'll fight and back-stab like crazy. You need more level-headed Sith like Marr or those with a proven ability to work with others. thumb up thumb up

NewGuy01
Why the fvck would anyone put Bane on the Council? He doesn't exactly play well with others, seriously. Last time he tried that he ended up blowing the entire Sith Order to bits. erm No RoT Sith, please.

Krayt, Malgus, Dooku, Revan, Sadow, Traya, and Exar would make excellent Sith Councillors, tbh.

DarthAnt66
lol @ Revan and Traya on a council.

Nephthys
Traya tried to destroy the Force, Revan is insane and constantly flip-flops and Sadow got the Sith Empire destroyed through his own selfishness and incompetence. None of them qualify imo.

Malgus also shouldn't be on their imo with his huge boner for constant warfare which is pretty awful.

DarthAnt66
Revan wasn't insane, lol.

NewGuy01
She would never have suceeded, so it hardly matters. She is the Lady of Betrayal, though, so maybe not.

The original Revan never flip flopped. He was a fantastic Sith Lord, and toned down on the evil selfishness too.

I considered this, but ultimately I just put him up there because of his similar progressive political views aligning with the others.

They all do. And he would have made a much better Emperor than Vitiate, or any of the rest.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sadow got the Sith Empire destroyed through his own selfishness and incompetence.

I'd actually blame Ludo for that.

DarthAnt66
KotOR 2 and TOR:Revan made it clear Revan always walked alone. I find it unlikely he would work with so many other Sith, even if he is the most intelligent of them.

ILS
Originally posted by ares834
I'd actually blame Ludo for that. Yeah, just like I blame Aleema/Ulic for Kun's Brotherhood falling apart.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.