Bor vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Bor

vs

Captain America
Iron Man
Current Hulk
Hawkeye
Sersi

No bfr

carver9
Current Hulk solos.

Cogito
Yeah, no.

carver9
He really does. Sorry.

Nihilist
Bor wins.

Doom matched current Hulk for strength

JakeTheBank
Current Hulk since Pak hasn't been handling him hasn't done anything remotely close to HoTM "Worldbreaker" Hulk. He's still formidable, of course, but since he hasn't displayed that level of power nor would have any reason in character to go to that level (assuming he still can) I'm having a hard time seeing what Aaron's or Bendis' Hulk can do to solo a guy capable of killing Thor in a single strike without being "unleashed".

carver9
Because he isn't killing current Hulk in a single hit. Hulk would be getting stronger by the minute. Hulk laid waste to a being that had peers similar in power that was waxing the Avengers. Hulk doesn't have to go WB to beat Bor.

Nihilist
Stop lying carver

srankmissingnin
Has Bor done anything other than lose to Thor in melee and briefly fight a Dark Avengers roster that lacked Ares and Sentry?

ODG
^ While at the same time, definitively being proven to be more physically durable than Mjolnir, bringing Odinforce Thor to his knees by the act of powering up, and taking Odinforce Thor to the limit beyond even what the Destroyer armor managed?

No. He hasn't done sh1t.

Oh, he created the Disir.

zopzop
Wasn't Bor turned into a snowflake by Loki?!

Sersi should be able to destroy him.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop

Sersi should be able to destroy him.

A Loki with prep.

ODG

Sersi should be able to destroy him. Even if Bor's defenses are somehow to be turned off in this thread, Loki's magical transmutation feats surpass Sersi's.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Even if Bor's defenses are somehow to be turned off in this thread, Loki's magical transmutation feats surpass Sersi's.
Of course they would. Sersi's abilities aren't magic based.

The Sorrow
Average Hulk isn't beating Bor he would need to take the restraints off to beat him. I think this team would probably lose the majority on average.

ODG
Of course they would. Sersi's abilities aren't magic based. Which means that somehow, they'd work even better than Loki's sorcery, which has proven to be superior to Sersi's power. Try naming a character as powerful as Bor that Sersi transmuted into snowflakes or something rather than boring us with your false distinctions and half-hearted attempts at subtle trolling.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Which means that somehow, they'd work even better than Loki's sorcery, which has proven to be superior to Sersi's power. Try naming a character as powerful as Bor that Sersi transmuted into snowflakes or something rather than boring us with your false distinctions and half-hearted attempts at subtle trolling.
And here we go again.

a) Get that dick out your ass and calm the phuck down.

b) Sersi has used her transmutation abilities to shield her team from a galaxy busting blast, another time she used her matter manipulation abilities to protect her team when the entire universe winked out of existence.

Show me anything Loki has done that's that impressive.

ODG
And here we go again.

a) Get that dick out your ass and calm the phuck down.

b) Sersi has used her transmutation abilities to shield her team from a galaxy busting blast, another time she used her matter manipulation abilities to protect her team when the entire universe winked out of existence.

Show me anything Loki has done that's that impressive. a) You'd think your instant arbitrary anger was rooted in something personal. Anybody know why? Or have you always been this boring and transparent?

b) So no answer to my very simple question. A question that has such a simple answer, yes or no, that you were vexed and so flustered you had to resort to flaming and deflections. Yeah. Boring. Transmuting herself and Starfox, etc. into inert matter isn't the same as transmuting someone like Bor. Vision and Wonder Man survived that Negabomb blast without her aid, btw. And if you don't think Sersi resisting a Big Bang that wiped out the entire universe isn't suspect PIS, then that's utterly moronic.

Seriously. Mid-herald withstanding a big bang. Do you even think when you troll argue?

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
a) You'd think your instant arbitrary anger was rooted in something personal. Anybody know why? Or have you always been this boring and transparent?

b) So no answer to my very simple question. A question that has such a simple answer, yes or no, that you were vexed and so flustered you had to resort to flaming and deflections. Yeah. Boring. Transmuting herself and Starfox, etc. into inert matter isn't the same as transmuting someone like Bor. Vision and Wonder Man survived that Negabomb blast without her aid, btw. And if you don't think Sersi resisting a Big Bang that wiped out the entire universe isn't suspect PIS, then that's utterly moronic.

Seriously. Mid-herald withstanding a big bang. Do you even think when you troll argue?
a) It's not anger more like annoyance. I didn't say anything to you except state that Loki transformed Bor to snowflakes, Sersi is more than capable of such a feat. And already you started that "troll" bullshit.

b) Sersi's power did resist that universe wiping effect so deal with it and produce something Loki has done, sans amps, that is on that level using matter manip.

Transforming Bor isn't as impressive as it sounds because despite the fact that he's stupid enough to "lower his defenses because Ice Giants aren't capable of power magics", he couldn't resist it's effects once he realized what was going on and he couldn't undo it once it affected him under his own power. If he's stupid enough to go against Ice Giants with his defenses down, how much more cocky would he be facing off against a group of 'mortals'? She transmutes him and he's phucked.

ODG
a) It's not anger more like annoyance. I didn't say anything to you except state that Loki transformed Bor to snowflakes, Sersi is more than capable of such a feat. And already you started that "troll" bullshit.

b) Sersi's power did resist that universe wiping effect so deal with it and produce something Loki has done, sans amps, that is on that level using matter manip. a) That was completely misplaced and arbitrary e-rage. Full on. Stop trying to act like you didn't just erupt into full-on flaming in response to my accusation that you're trolling. You haven't even posted a single feat of Sersi transmuting a being on the level of Bor despite being directly challenged to do so yet and are happy to rest your laurels. I get it. You completely avoid a simple "yes, no" question and you win!

b) I don't have to deal with PIS feats where mid heralds resist complete universal destruction. She couldn't even resist getting initially vaporized by Blastaar's handblast. Don't use full retard logic just because it's the only resort you have left in a ancillary debate that has little relevance. I'm not fond of dealing with the completely retarded proposition that I should be taking that feat at face value. Something that is completely ironic coming from you considering you had this to say about the feat: Originally posted by zopzop
The only thing that matters in a VS forum is fights. All else is secondary.
Otherwise you have even herald level guys with non combat feats that would make them high abstract.

Examples :
Thor/Mjolnir absorbing a bomb that would have destroyed 1/5 of the universe. Thor/Dargo/Bill/Thunderstrike's Godblasts shoring up the fabric of the multiverse. Sersi shielding the Avengers from a universe wrecking effect. Etc.... Stop doing this to yourself. And by "this," I mean spewing out knee-jerk responses based on garbage and descending into absurdity and complete 360 turns in reasoning in reaction to having your shallow logic exposed on a minor issue. Originally posted by zopzop
Transforming Bor isn't as impressive as it sounds because despite the fact that he's stupid enough to "lower his defenses because Ice Giants aren't capable of power magics", he couldn't resist it's effects once he realized what was going on and he couldn't undo it once it affected him under his own power. If he's stupid enough to go against Ice Giants with his defenses down, how much more cocky would he be facing off against a group of 'mortals'? She transmutes him and he's phucked. Transforming Bor is more impressive than any time Sersi tried transmuting somebody else in a fight or in an ambush. So. Cry? More? Sersi isn't Loki and doesn't possess his sorcery.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
a) That was completely misplaced and arbitrary e-rage. Full on. Stop trying to act like you didn't just erupt into full-on flaming in response to my accusation that you're trolling. You haven't even posted a single feat of Sersi transmuting a being on the level of Bor despite being directly challenged to do so yet and are happy to rest your laurels. I get it. You completely avoid a simple "yes, no" question and you win!
Don't you get it? It's not an impressive "feat" at all. Loki did it when his guard was down AND not only couldn't Bor stop it, he couldn't UNDO it. Sersi's transmutation powers saved her team when the the entire UNIVERSE blinked out of existence. Loki has nothing on that level.

She couldn't resist getting vaporized by Blaastar? You realize that was ONLY because by sheer luck, his blast "frequency" interfered with the Eternals bodies. Once that was established, they changed their frequency and wtfpwned Blaastar. Ikaris two shotted him as if he were a mere pest.

Again, transforming a being who had HIS GUARD DOWN, doesn't mean sh|t. Bor is over rated.

ODG
^ Stop moving the goalposts. This isn't about defending Loki's transmutation abilities. This is about you proving that Sersi can transmute a being on Bor's level. You haven't posted a single instance of her doing so. Ever.

And I'm not going to take Sersi's universe busting resistance feat seriously when you haven't either: Originally posted by zopzop
Otherwise you have even herald level guys with non combat feats that would make them high abstract.

Examples :
Thor/Mjolnir absorbing a bomb that would have destroyed 1/5 of the universe. Thor/Dargo/Bill/Thunderstrike's Godblasts shoring up the fabric of the multiverse. Sersi shielding the Avengers from a universe wrecking effect. Etc.... I'm pretty sick of your 180 degree shifts and stances just because you can't deal properly with your trolling being instantly exposed. That's your fault because you're the one trolling in completely shallow ways. Ways that even you have condemned in other contexts on the same exact feats you're trying to force me to take at face value. Why exactly do I have to decontruct the absurd PIS of Sersi >> universe busting when you already ridiculed it?

I get it though. Because you're angry with me for no reason whatsoever, I have to take it face value now because you don't actually have any feats showing that Sersi has ever transmuted anybody on Bor's level.

If you hadn't picked such a completely retarded example of comic PIS -- an example of PIS you already dismissed in the past that vaults Sersi to Abstract level no less -- maybe you could pretend to have a leg to stand on. At this point though, you're just covering up for your own personal issues and misplaced anger and hoping that your two-faced arguments somehow make sense once you toss in enough deflections and moved enough goalposts.

In this, you have failed. And it isn't my fault. You're just digging yourself a deeper hole. But please, tell us more about how you have seen the light and changed your thinking on this high abstract-level Sersi.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
^ Stop moving the goalposts. This isn't about defending Loki's transmutation abilities. This is about you proving that Sersi can transmute a being on Bor's level. You haven't posted a single instance of her doing so. Ever.
What are you going on about? What are Bor's transmutation
resistance feats? He let his guard down and he was instantly affected by Loki's transmutation spell. Not only that, once affected he couldn't stop it OR reform himself once he was fully transmuted.

Bor's ONLY showing vs transmutation effects was FAIL.

The point is, if we are going to go by what's on panel, then it stands. That was my point. Comic writers have High Heralds doing things even abstracts haven't done on panel. Nothing's changed. If it's on panel, hence it's legit, then it's legit. We don't have to like it. Now show me Loki doing ANYTHING on that level sans amp.

ODG
What are you going on about? What are Bor's transmutation
resistance feats? He let his guard down and he was instantly affected by Loki's transmutation spell. Not only that, once affected he couldn't stop it OR reform himself once he was fully transmuted.

Bor's ONLY showing vs transmutation effects was FAIL. Just because you keep trying to move the goalposts doesn't mean it's going to work. Nowhere in my simple question does an apologist defense of Loki's transmutation abilities come into play. Either show Sersi transmuting someone like Bor into snow, etc. or don't. We don't need you're whining on about how you don't have to. Starfox doesn't count. Maybe classic Thor would count. But obviously that hasn't happened. Originally posted by zopzop
The point is, if we are going to go by what's on panel, then it stands. That was my point. Comic writers have High Heralds doing things even abstracts haven't done on panel. Nothing's changed. If it's on panel, hence it's legit, then it's legit. We don't have to like it. Now show me Loki doing ANYTHING on that level sans amp. Stop being such a senseless schizophrenic. I already posted where you ended up ridiculing this Abstract+ level PIS feat in a thread that was aimed at directly addressing the relevancy of relying on feats-over-all reasoning: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=565250&pagenumber=1

There's a rule called PIS. And if you don't get that a mid herald resisting universe busting isn't an example of PIS - Strike that sh1t. We already know what you think of it. I don't mind dealing with hypocrites, but dealing with fatuous trolls like you is downright bizarre. You change your tune every time your petty trolling takes a nosedive in a thread in complete contradiction to what we already know you believe. Then you either a) act like you're not really changing your tune, or b) just try to gloss over it like it's not important.

I am not taking that stupid PIS feat at face value because you can't even find a single feat of Sersi transmuting someone like Bor. Why? Because #1 we have a PIS rule that says we don't, and #2 you haven't taken it at face value. So what possible justification do you even have that forces me to do so? Other than your inane insistence because you've got nothing else left to contribute to defend your trolling or your e-rage flaming?

Christ.

-Pr-
Guys, some civility would go a long way. So please, use some.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Just because you keep trying to move the goalposts doesn't mean it's going to work. Nowhere in my simple question does an apologist defense of Loki's transmutation abilities come into play. Either show Sersi transmuting someone like Bor into snow, etc. or don't. We don't need you're whining on about how you don't have to. Starfox doesn't count. Maybe classic Thor would count. But obviously that hasn't happened. Stop being such a senseless schizophrenic. I already posted where you ended up ridiculing this Abstract+ level PIS feat in a thread that was aimed at directly addressing the relevancy of relying on feats-over-all reasoning: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=565250&pagenumber=1

There's a rule called PIS. And if you don't get that a mid herald resisting universe busting isn't an example of PIS - Strike that sh1t. We already know what you think of it. I don't mind dealing with hypocrites, but dealing with fatuous trolls like you is downright bizarre. You change your tune every time your petty trolling takes a nosedive in a thread in complete contradiction to what we already know you believe. Then you either a) act like you're not really changing your tune, or b) just try to gloss over it like it's not important.

I am not taking that stupid PIS feat at face value because you can't even find a single feat of Sersi transmuting someone like Bor. Why? Because #1 we have a PIS rule that says we don't, and #2 you haven't taken it at face value. So what possible justification do you even have that forces me to do so? Other than your inane insistence because you've got nothing else left to contribute to defend your trolling or your e-rage flaming?

Christ.
Fact :
Bor faced off vs a transmutation effect created by Loki
Fact :
Bor had his guard down because he's an over confident idiot
Fact :
Bor was affected by Loki's transmutation effect
Fact :
Bor couldn't fight the effect even after becoming aware he was being affected
Fact :
Bor couldn't undo the transmutation effect once he was turned

Fact :
Loki has transformed Thor into a frog
Fact :
Loki needed an AMP to accomplish that (Twilight Sword)

Fact :
Loki needed an amp to transmute Thor but needed NONE to transmute Bor

So what's so impressive about Bor? Why wouldn't he be likewise affected by Sersi who is KNOWN for her transmutation powers?

ODG
^ Fact: Sersi has never transmuted someone like Bor into snow. Much less easily. So you have no proof that she would easily do so to him. Just some random and hilariously miscalculated appeal to Sersi resisting universal destruction.

Fact: Sersi has never even transmuted someone like Thor using an amp to accomplish it. So who cares about Thor?

Fact: You're going to act like your schizoid disorder hasn't completely sabotaged your efforts to salvage an argument here. Thanks Mr. Let's not use stupid PIS feats except when I can't get any traction against ODG who for some random reason makes me E-rage, in which case it's completely ok for me to reverse course 180 degrees.

keiththegreat
Seems like civility goes out the window a LOT when ODG is involved. The guy needs to chill out and stop throwing hissy fits whenever someone doesn't agree that Asgard/Odin/Thor/Odinforce isn't the most powerful force in the comic book world.

keiththegreat
Sersi gave Thor gills once. She can transmute him with no amps. Loki can't.

ODG
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Seems like civility goes out the window a LOT when ODG is involved. The guy needs to chill out and stop throwing hissy fits whenever someone doesn't agree that Asgard/Odin/Thor/Odinforce isn't the most powerful force in the comic book world. This is an example of a 7-yr old trying to troll with his first (yet completely irrelevant) strawman.

Next up will be an 8-yr old effort which will be marginally better now that his e-cherry has been popped.

Who are you again? Wait... wait! Don't even care.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
^ Fact: Sersi has never transmuted someone like Bor into snow. Much less easily. So you have no proof that she would easily do so to him. Just some random and hilariously miscalculated appeal to Sersi resisting universal destruction.

Fact: Sersi has never even transmuted someone like Thor using an amp to accomplish it. So who cares about Thor?

Fact: You're going to act like your schizoid disorder hasn't completely sabotaged your efforts to salvage an argument here. Thanks Mr. Let's not use stupid PIS feats except when I can't get any traction against ODG who for some random reason makes me E-rage, in which case it's completely ok for me to reverse course 180 degrees.
You keep saying this like it means something. Bor's transmutation resistance is WORSE than Thor's! At least Loki needed an amp to affect Thor, he needed NOTHING to wtfpwn Bor. Bor not only couldn't stop the effect once he was under it's influence, he also COULD NOT UNDO IT. The ONLY TIME we have Bor going up against a transmutation effect, he FAILS in every conceivable way against it. Sersi transmutes him to stone then shatters him. The end.

Originally posted by keiththegreat
Seems like civility goes out the window a LOT when ODG is involved. The guy needs to chill out and stop throwing hissy fits whenever someone doesn't agree that Asgard/Odin/Thor/Odinforce isn't the most powerful force in the comic book world.
Exactly, but it is what it is.

-Pr-
Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, some civility would go a long way. So please, use some.

ODG
You keep saying this like it means something. Bor's transmutation resistance is WORSE than Thor's! At least Loki needed an amp to affect Thor, he needed NOTHING to wtfpwn Bor. Bor not only couldn't stop the effect once he was under it's influence, he also COULD NOT UNDO IT. The ONLY TIME we have Bor going up against a transmutation effect, he FAILS in every conceivable way against it. Sersi transmutes him to stone then shatters him. The end.

Exactly, but it is what it is. So how does that equate to Sersi transmuting Bor? In any way? Had Sersi easily turned Thor into a snowflake, maybe you'd have a point. But then again we are dealing with your high Abstract Sersi who is more powerful than universal destruction but not Blastaar's handblasts.

In any event, all you can do is seethe with e-rage over your two-faced antics once again being laid out for everyone to see. Good job using PIS to make your argument that your half-hearted trolling wasn't anything but.. an example of PIS you denigrated in a thread where the specific discussion was about feats.

You literally defy logic... on the internet. Where you can find just about anything. The 9th wonder of the world you are.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
So how does that equate to Sersi transmuting Bor? In any way? Had Sersi easily turned Thor into a snowflake, maybe you'd have a point. But then again we are dealing with your high Abstract Sersi who is more powerful than universal destruction but not Blastaar's handblasts.

In any event, all you can do is seethe with e-rage over your two-faced antics once again being laid out for everyone to see. Good job using PIS to make your argument that your half-hearted trolling wasn't anything but.. an example of PIS you denigrated in a thread where the specific discussion was about feats.

You literally defy logic... on the internet. Where you can find just about anything. The 9th wonder of the world you are.
Why do you keep bringing up Blaastar knowing it was nothing but a fluke he was able to affect the Eternals in the first place?

Bor's only showing vs transmutation effects is FAIL.

keiththegreat
She gave Thor gills and she has transmuted deviants into trees, the same deviants who gave Thor a hard time. She protected the godsquad in chaos war with adamantium.

ODG
^ How is giving a willing Thor gills in any way equal (or relevant) to turning Bor into snowflakes? Go back to petty strawmans and insults. You were actually marginally better at that. Originally posted by zopzop
Why do you keep bringing up Blaastar knowing it was nothing but a fluke he was able to affect the Eternals in the first place?

Bor's only showing vs transmutation effects is FAIL. HAHAHAHAHHAHAA. Coming from high Abstract Sersi fanboy over here!!!!!!!

Sersi hasn't even transmuted anybody like Bor. So how exactly are you even proving that she would do so easily by focusing on a Bor who specifically lowered his defenses? Oh wait! I remember! I keep forgetting we're dealing with Abstract+ Sersi based on a single PIS feat that you already dismissed as irrelevant in vs thread fights in another thread!

Nice job trying to run away from your batty 180s.

Batman-Prime
Team wins

-Pr-
And we're done. It was either this or warnings for you two, so I chose this.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.