Darth Sidious vs The Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38687/901539-emp_super.jpg

vs

http://media.filmschoolrejects.com/images/hulkorigins-06.jpg

They fight in Gondor, because why not?

EU Sidious, as of Dark Empire. Hulk is current (Savage).

NemeBro
In a physical confrontation Sidious is being pasted.

Telepathy might be an option.

Nephthys
What do you think Sidious' chances are with TK and his other Force Powers?

Zack Fair
Palpatine tells Hulk to kindly go **** himself. The Hulk does as instructed.

BruceSkywalker
Palpatine's only option is mind control, otherwise he is fracked

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
What do you think Sidious' chances are with TK and his other Force Powers? Zero.

Nephthys
What a8out lightsa8ering the shit out of him?

Zack Fair
Hulk uses the lightsaber as a toothpick.

It might harm movie Hulk though.

Nephthys
Well I know that he has regener8ion, but if Sidious lops off an arm it would still do something I imagine. Plus lightsa8ers instantly cauterize.

Robtard
Sidious lifts the Hulk off the ground and then fires him into space. Other than that, he's ****ed.

Robtard
Well I know that he has regener8ion, but if Sidious lops off an arm it would still do something I imagine. Plus lightsa8ers instantly cauterize.

Only chance is decapitation and even then the Hulk could maybe still regenerate.

That's going on the basis that a lightsabre can cut into/burn the Hulk to begin with.

The_Tempest
Can he be disintegrated?

Zack Fair
Hard to say.

The_Tempest
Well I'm not a comic book aficionado by any stretch, but Sidious's Force Storms can "tear the surfaces off worlds" (Dark Empire Sourcebook) or "kill worlds" (The Jedi Path) and has destroyed a fleet of state-of-the-art capital ships each equipped with shields capable of resisting gigatons of damage. And according to the lore, specifically The Essential Guide to the Force, Palpatine can summon them with "mere thought and inclination."

Robtard
Those Force Storms won't likely be usable in a close fight like this.

Zack Fair
Hulk would stomp him into the ground before he got the chance to summon the storms.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Robtard
Those Force Storms won't likely be usable in a close fight like this.

Fair enough, but there is evidence to suggest that Palpatine can travel through one safely (he did so at Endor).

?
The Hulk can stomp him into the ground before Palpatine can think?

Zack Fair
Match starts. Sidious cackles and then gets grabbed by his cloak.
http://imgon.net/di-ZJDA.gif

Sidious only chance is telepathy, because Savage Hulk has a weak mind according to Thanos. This plays perfectly in Sidious' favor. Its also the smartest thing he can do and considering Hulk's sheer physical prowess I think Palps will be smart enough to avoid an actual fight.

The_Tempest
That's great, but right now I'm more interested in the Hulk being able to end the match before Sidious can think. Or how Sidious can win via telepathy, since that too will require him to think. Or how Sidious would be able to formulate a coherent plan of attack (like not attacking the Hulk directly, as you say) since that will require him to think, also. Essentially, is there actually anything to suggest the Hulk can pwn Sidious before Sidious can think other than the script of this fight you provided for me?

Zack Fair
Not really. I'm not that knowledgeable about Hulk besides the scans that usually get posted in comic vs.

marwash22
how far apart are they when the fight starts?

Nephthys
20 feet?

The_Tempest
Is the Hulk pretty fast?

Zack Fair
Super humanly fast. Don't recall the exact speed he's been clocked at.

The_Tempest
Should be an interesting comparison. Some estimates have EU!Sidious moving at near relativistic speeds.

Blight
I'd say Hulk wins this 7 or 8/10.

NemeBro
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Is the Hulk pretty fast? It varies.

Marvel is inconsistent in terms of speed all-across.

He has tagged Thor, who has feats of blitzing Skyfathers, and has easily caught a speeding Quicksilver. He has also taken FTL bricks like Gladiator, Sentry, etc in brawls. But Captain America usually outspeeds him in fights.

But Hulk can tear through Sidious's force shields and paste him with a single casual punch.

What would Force Storm do? It certainly isn't doing much damage to Hulk, but it can BFR right?

The_Tempest
If that's true, Sidious definitely outclasses him by several levels in terms of speed and reflexes; strength shouldn't be a decisive factor unless the environment is especially confining.

As far as the Force Storm is concerned, yes it is a BFR, but why exactly wouldn't it damage him?

Tzeentch._
Sideous wins via BFR- otherwise he loses.

Damborgson
Hulk beats the crap out of him. "I sense much anger in y-" *slam* *slam* *slam*

NemeBro
Originally posted by The_Tempest
If that's true, Sidious definitely outclasses him by several levels in terms of speed and reflexes; strength shouldn't be a decisive factor unless the environment is especially confining.

As far as the Force Storm is concerned, yes it is a BFR, but why exactly wouldn't it damage him? Hulk can tag Sidious by clapping his hands. It's that easy. Plus, as I said, he has tagged the likes of Gladiator, who is far faster than Sidious.

In Planet Hulk while operating at lower than standard levels he took a bomb that destroyed the surface of Sakaar.

Not to mention punches from Gladiator, who has shattered planets by punching the shit out of them (Hulk has similar feats I should mention, being shot through an asteroid twice the size of Earth and shattering it, holding together tectonic plates, overpowering planet destroying energies, etc.).

Batman-Prime
IF and it's a big IF his TP works on Hulk, he could win but this would be his only option.

the ninjak
EU Sidious I'm not aware of. Though comic Hulk has withstood the best telepaths in Marvel 616 recently.

Force Lightning aint doin shit against Hulk. the disputed telepathic manipulation could, but I'm not aware of Sidious' feats.

But Hulk's rage should tank it.

Thunderclap is an easy option for the Hulk. It shakes mental assualt off him due to the physical onslaught. Then Hulk simply follows through.

Lord Lucien
Would a lightsaber cut him?

NemeBro
Originally posted by the ninjak
EU Sidious I'm not aware of. Though comic Hulk has withstood the best telepaths in Marvel 616 recently.

Force Lightning aint doin shit against Hulk. the disputed telepathic manipulation could, but I'm not aware of Sidious' feats.

But Hulk's rage should tank it.

Thunderclap is an easy option for the Hulk. It shakes mental assualt off him due to the physical onslaught. Then Hulk simply follows through. What telepaths has he withstood?

Blight
Cable couldn't get in without a lightning strike to the head. Though it could be argued that that was onslaught's doing. He also resisted the Puppet Master's control and Ringmaster's hypnotism. He is able to resist illusions cast by the Leader on multiple occasions. He also resists a Skrull Telepath.

I could be remembering this wrong but I'm pretty sure Xavier couldn't mentally control him during World War Hulk, either.

marwash22
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Would a lightsaber cut him? definitely.

The only question would be is if Sidious could cut all the way through Hulk's skin and remove a limb (or his head) before, 1. Hulk's hf kicks in, or 2. Hulk grabs Sidious and pops him like a pimple. My only knowledge of Star Wars characters comes from the movies and the cartoon, i don't know anything about the EU feats, so i can't say if Sidious can do it or not.

WARChaelSonnen!
What about stuffs like force drain or force kill (source: kotor 2)? Can Hulk defend against magic attacks?

the ninjak
Originally posted by NemeBro
What telepaths has he withstood?

Xavier and Emma.

NemeBro
If he has withstood Xavier, then Sidious isn't going to have much luck in the telepathy department from my understanding.

BFR is his best bet.

Robtard
Hulk's able to resist mind-control due to the dual+ nature of his personality. IIRC, he did so against Xavier in WWH and as with his other powers, his resistance scales with his rage/butthurt.

Nephthys
Well he was more angry then he's ever been in WWH. This isn't him.

Robtard
I'm pretty sure he's had this ability long before the events of WWH; it's just the only one I can recall somewhat.

Nephthys
I'm just saying, if he resisted Xavier as WWH, then this isn't him. Whats his best TP resistance feat as Savage Hulk?

Zack Fair
Savage Hulk can be mind controlled. I'm sure he has resisted it before, but he has also fallen victim to it.

WWH is another matter altogether.

marwash22
it's irrelevant seeing as Sidious likely wouldn't get the chance to use that power. If he isn't successful at cutting off Hulk's head or removing limbs, his next option will be force push/lighting and that won't do a damn thing to Hulk except piss him off more.

I'm not familiar with Sidious in the EU, has he ever used mind control to stop someone from attacking him? I don't recall him doing so in the movies.

Nephthys
He used it to wipe the memories of billions to trillions (population density of Coruscant makes anything less impossible) to shroud the burial of his personal Super Star Destroyer.

He used it on Galen Marek too, but he snapped out of it.

abhilegend
Hulk turns him into paste. Even telepathy is useless against an angry hulk.

XanatosForever
He used it to wipe the memories of billions to trillions (population density of Coruscant makes anything less impossible) to shroud the burial of his personal Super Star Destroyer.

He used it on Galen Marek too, but he snapped out of it.

That seems excessive. EU loves to wank to certain characters, doesn't it?

Nephthys
Yes.

He can also rip the surfaces off of worlds, tear entire fleets apart, disintegr8 matter and he drained a paradise world of life and will over the course of years, turning the populace into his mindless slaves.

There are a ton of other overpowered characters as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.