Spider-Man vs Cloud Strife

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
http://desizntech.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/28_spiderman.jpg
VS
http://www.absoluteanime.com/final_fantasy_vii/cloud2.jpg

They fight in a deserted and destroyed manhattan. The match begins in the Empire State building. They have knowledge of their opponents abilities.

Cloud does not have any materia. He has the first tsurugi(advent children) He also has Fenrir just in case. Both of them are in character.

Fight!

BloodRain
Cloud squashes him.

ScreamPaste
Spidey should take this unless I'm behind on feats.

BloodRain
Cloud has always been hypersonic, and has city-block strength.

Plus, y'know, comes with giant sword.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Cloud has always been hypersonic, and has city-block strength.

Plus, y'know, comes with giant sword. I've never seen a strength feat from Cloud that puts him above class 10. City block? lol.

Giant swords are nicer when you can hit your target with them before they concuss you.

NemeBro
Cloud can take Spidey's best hit with a smile.

NemeBro
I made Shin sad. sad

ScreamPaste
Give physical feat or gtfo plz.

BloodRain
Knocking around the giant Bahumut Sin, being able to casually cut apart huge chunks of the building that was falling down on him. From the size of the Shinra building that was falling, he and Seph would have needed city block strength for sheer size.

Spidey at best lifts up a small building?

ScreamPaste
Except this isn't a thing he did. He KO'd it and it fell, he never knocked it around. He did cut it, though.

That's not that great strengthwise, honestly. I maintain Spidey could replicate with an equivalently sharp sword.

Not really, they never cut anything that particularly big, and only Sephiroth sets them into motion; using his TK.

Also a lot of the cuttting that happens in this movie is amped by materia/nonphysical strength related. You see things like Sephiroth making cuts longer than his sword, and we know he can shoost magic out of the damn thing anyway. Also, the fire and such is kind of an indicator too.

They're fast and strong, but physically I'm not seeing them being better than Spidey. Seph would crush him because TK and other powers, but Cloud's a physical brawler, I'm pretty sure Spidey can take him. mmm

NemeBro
Cloud and Sephiroth didn't have materia in their fight artard.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
Cloud and Sephiroth didn't have materia in their fight artard. Whatever, they had their standard-FFVII-super-powers.

BloodRain
Was gonna look for more feats and calcs, then remembered that either way he can blitz Pete. Cloud can have human strength here and still be able to staberize him.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by BloodRain
Knocking around the giant Bahumut Sin, being able to casually cut apart huge chunks of the building that was falling down on him. From the size of the Shinra building that was falling, he and Seph would have needed city block strength for sheer size.

Spidey at best lifts up a small building?

I dont see that as city block strength. Its not like Cloud was slicing the whole building in half.

I think Spidey can replicate the slicing chunks of buildings with his cl 10 strength if given a sword durable enough to endure it.

ScreamPaste
IIRC, Cloud is a bullet timer, since when can he Blitz Spider-Man? O-o

BloodRain
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I dont see that as city block strength. Its not like Cloud was slicing the whole building in half.

I think Spidey can replicate the slicing chunks of buildings with his cl 10 strength if given a sword durable enough to endure it.
Bugger, forgot the say that the cityblock one is his destruction level, not strength level.

His physical strength is around Spider-man's, but his destructive capability is higher.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
IIRC, Cloud is a bullet timer, since when can he Blitz Spider-Man? O-o
Zach was able to evade Mach2 machine-gun fire from dozens of soldiers surrounding him, all the while fighting soldiers and dodging RPGs -> Mid-high supersonic speed and reactions.
Zack is nothing compared to the Sephiroth that Cloud rivals in combat -> Hypersonic.

Spider-man has at best Mach 2 reactions without his precog.

ScreamPaste
Spidey has his precog here though.

Also, I think you're kind of over-extrapolating Cloud's speed. He's better than Zack but by how much isn't said, and he does still get tagged by a bullet.

BloodRain
Yeah, but how much greater reactions does it give?

I'll over-extrapolate my foot up yer ass in a minute >[ CC Sephiroth easily stomps Zack, and FF Seph is on a higher level than his CC self. If Zack < CCSeph < FFSeph, and Zack is easily in the Ma3/4 area, then Cloud will be hypersonic.

Eh, he was only tagged from two surprise shots. Even Spidey has been tagged but normal guns.

Zack Fair
Not buying it.

BloodRain
Not buying.. what?

ScreamPaste
I disagree with Zack being mach 3/4, he has the reaction time to avoid bullets, sure, but meh. That doesn't translate directly to Cloud being hypersonic via powerscaling though.

Sephiroth toys with Cloud, this is a plot point. Never goes all out on the kid.

BloodRain
Dodging dozens (est 50) of Mach 2 bullets from all sides during h2h combat > one-on-one bullet-timing & Spider-man.

He went all out in FF7. And it does translate when FF7 is leagues above CCSeph who is physically superior to Zack's reactions. Reactions that allowed his younger, weaker self to casually dance around Mach 2 rounds.

Doesnt need to be this fast to match/be faster than Spidey.

Zack Fair
I'm willing to bet Spider-man has done stuff as impressive if not more impressive than Zack's stunt in Last Order.

Sephiroth went all out in FF7? He was also fighting the entire party, not just Cloud.

I'mma stop making comic based vs matches because the peeps from comics vs don't give 2 shits about this. Would be a better discussion if they came along but alas... over

Edit BTW this is comic Spidey, not the movie version. Just realized the pic can confuse some.

Blight
That is one thing that I'd like to see more of as well. Comic Vs. people tend to stick to their forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.