Justice & Speedball vs Spiderman & Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Fight

Golgo13
Wolverine already beat the New Warriors by himself. I think he got the jump on them, though. Stupid arc.

StiltmanFTW
Justice is the only real threat to Logan. Speedball got humiliated and as Penance his blasts didn't even stop Wolverine from talking or piss him off, IIRC.

Digi
No no, this is SPEEDBALL. Kid is a mutherfuggin rockstar. He might solo, and I'm not joking.

Digi
Actually, scratch that, Spider-Man possesses his kryptonite.

See, I had to fight Speedball for a tourney, and I was scared at what I found when I researched him. Nothing even phased him, literally nothing at all, up to and including doing the majority of the work in besting Terrax in his full herald glory. They just charged him up kinetically, let him loose, and he beasted all over Terrax. His damage soak was unbelievable.

The only thing that ever stopped him was getting stuck. Like, goo, webbing, quicksand, being tied up, etc. Then he could be one-shot by Paste Pot Pete. So...Pete's webs are a game-ender. But I'm serious - take away webbing and I'd pick him to solo this via KO. Nothing the duo would do would phase him...and, granted, I never saw him vs. adamantium, but he was indeed resistant to piercing damage. I'm pretty sure a claw stab would just charge him up more.

pym-ftw
Justice can unstick him

Digi
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Justice can unstick him

Then there may be problems. Remind me what Justice does. Is he the telekinetic?

pym-ftw
Yeah, but it is treated as a beam kinda, unlike most TK users who just concentrate

Digi
Not sure then. If they can't keep Speedball contained, it would take a lot to convince me he doesn't win this fight. If Pete unloads a web cartridge on him or something though, then they tag-team Justice, they can probably take him down and he wouldn't have much chance to rescue his friend. Logan would be the damage soak while Pete runs interference and tries to bring him into melee range.

I don't remember Justice's power levels though, so I'm speculating at this point. He's the one with the sister who has...fire powers?

pym-ftw
He dated firestar,... Not sure he has a sister ill look into it

He can fly with his TK, and make shields aswell

Digi
Realistically, a decent telekinetic should be able to play smart and beat these two...I would think.

Also, a telekinetic with Speedball's powerset...I just put those two together. Yeah, that's a helluva combo. TK charge to Speedball = beast mode. Justice/Speedball 9/10.

Probably thinking of Firestar.

pym-ftw
Justice can also wrap people in his tp clouds, and use that cloud as a lie detector

Not sure how that helps here, I'm just saying

Digi
Lol, good to know.

Anyway, Justice forms a tiny tk ball and lets Speedball bounce back and forth to build up a psychotic charge until he breaks the ball, and then sends him right at Logan and Pete. The charge he could build up would send the more popular duo into the next zip code. If he missed, rinse and repeat. He'd be an invincible battering ram with a tk'er controlling his trajectory. If they fight like that, I may change my estimation to 10/10.

dmills
Originally posted by Digi
Lol, good to know.

Anyway, Justice forms a tiny tk ball and lets Speedball bounce back and forth to build up a psychotic charge until he breaks the ball, and then sends him right at Logan and Pete. The charge he could build up would send the more popular duo into the next zip code. If he missed, rinse and repeat. He'd be an invincible battering ram with a tk'er controlling his trajectory. If they fight like that, I may change my estimation to 10/10.

Lol. I think I have a comic where they did just that or something close to it.

His tk is pretty strong. Maybe on par with a prime Hellion but with much better precision.

celeyhyga17
Team 2 get stomped. What are they gonna do agains a tk user?

pym-ftw
^be much faster

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by pym-ftw
^be much faster

faster to get stomped

Digi
Originally posted by dmills
Lol. I think I have a comic where they did just that or something close to it.

His tk is pretty strong. Maybe on par with a prime Hellion but with much better precision.

I actually think a variation of this is how Speedball whupped on Terrax. These two are a great pairing. Much more powerful than the sum of their parts.

dmills
Originally posted by Digi
I actually think a variation of this is how Speedball whupped on Terrax. These two are a great pairing. Much more powerful than the sum of their parts.

That was the New Warriors in a nutshell. Separate they were meh, but as a team they were very formidable.

abhilegend
Namor beat the phuck out of speedball IIRC. He also got koed by a collision with cannonball.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.