Make Your Choice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
An mystical entity has chosen you for being his herald! He has granted you a selection of superpowers....however, you must do his bidding before he grants them to you permanently. Each of the tasks may involve you hurting or killing innocent civilians. How will you decide?

Remember, you do not have experience with your powers, therefore you have little ability to control them to mitigate harm.

- Thor's powerset
test: you have to unleash your most powerful lightning storm blindly in 5 major metropolises across different continents...

- Superman's powerset
test: you have to fly to space and unleash a powerful wide area HV blast covering the entirety of the Amazon rainforest and the African grasslands

- Flash's powerset
test: you have to run at full velocity and circle the planet 7 times and cannot use the same route or 50 miles of the same route (think of the implications...speedforce will not negate the physics of consequences in this scenario)

- Silver Surfer's powerset
test: you have to leave Planet Earth immediately and travel in space in solitude for 100 years before you can return

- Refuse the offer
test: live out your humble ordinary life as just another mortal...

Which would you choose?

pym-ftw
I'll take flash's if I get his reaction times

Cogito
Flash's full velocity, without the Speed Force negating friction, would cause widespread nuclear fusion (i.e. nuclear explosions encircling the planet). That would easily be the worst.

For me, it's Surfer or nothing. I'm not that much of a dick. If refusal meant another person would be offered the same deal though, I'd choose Surfer to prevent someone from phucking the planet out of stupidity.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Cogito
Flash's full velocity, without the Speed Force negating friction, would cause widespread nuclear fusion (i.e. nuclear explosions encircling the planet). That would easily be the worst.

For me, it's Surfer or nothing. I'm not that much of a dick. If refusal meant another person would be offered the same deal though, I'd choose Surfer to prevent someone from phucking the planet out of stupidity. good comments. I think Surfer is easily the personally worst one, being alone for 100 years knowing when you get back all your friends and family are dead would suck, and you may just go insane by being alone for 100 years.

I like your reasoning of taking the surfer power just to prevent some nut from getting the powers.

-Pr-
Surfer's or nothing, for me.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Surfer's or nothing, for me. of course, ever the boyscout...

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
of course, ever the boyscout...

Huh?

Not wanting to murder millions of people makes me a boyscout?

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Huh?

Not wanting to murder millions of people makes me a boyscout? uh yeah...you're just like rick, missing the forest for the trees

-Pr-
uh yeah...you're just like rick, missing the forest for the trees

First: Be careful before you make this personal.

Second, I don't see how not being a mass murderer makes me a boyscout.

ilikecomics
I think supermans is the worst, the rain forest is way more meaningful than some stupid people.
I just choose the surfers powers and practice them during my social exile.

Batman-Prime
Silver Surfer, you don't harm anyone and you can explore the space for 100 years. Should be interesting.

Mindship
100 years away from Humanity? You make it sound like a bad thing.

silversurfer

TheGodKiller
Thor's or Flash's test will likely produce the most death/destruction .

That said I pick both .

Endless Mike
If you can't use the speedforce to minimize the damage you'd probably kill yourself too attempting the Flash test...

Damborgson
Ill just chill as a human.

Stoic
The Surfers power set is my choice, but then again, everyone that I care about would be dead by the time I returned. All of the choices pretty much suck, with the choice of remaining human being the least sucky choice of all.

JakeTheBank
Do I get a bonus if I go above and beyond what's required?

Lord Feron
For thor. When you say blindly like you have no ideas which 5 major metropolises that you will be causing the storm?

Lord Feron
With's surfer's powerset i can potentially make life. Would that be okay to do in solitude?

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Do I get a bonus if I go above and beyond what's required? what do you mean?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Lord Feron
With's surfer's powerset i can potentially make life. Would that be okay to do in solitude? no, sorry. good idea though. the whole point is punishment of solitude.

JakeTheBank
what do you mean?

Like if I offer this cosmic being to instead of randomly attacking five metropolitan cities with storm summoning, I attack ten?

Or instead of heat visioning just the Amazon and African grasslands, I also heat vision a couple of inhabited islands, too?

Starscream M
Like if I offer this cosmic being to instead of randomly attacking five metropolitan cities with storm summoning, I attack ten?

Or instead of heat visioning just the Amazon and African grasslands, I also heat vision a couple of inhabited islands, too? he will vaporize you instantly

he's not looking for someone evil

he's looking for someone who will be so obedient to him that they are willing to forfeit their conscience

JakeTheBank
he will vaporize you instantly

he's not looking for someone evil

he's looking for someone who will be so obedient to him that they are willing to forfeit their conscience

Someone willing to forfeit their conscience to obtain power - with the circumstances likely winding up with tremendous causalities - is by definition evil.

The only choice not inherently evil would be Surfer's powerset.

Starscream M
Someone willing to forfeit their conscience to obtain power - with the circumstances likely winding up with tremendous causalities - is by definition evil.

The only choice not inherently evil would be Surfer's powerset. not nec

since the very nature of such powers can enable one to do enormous good (enforce world peace, disaster relief, etc)

also, like another poster suggested, one may take up an offer to prevent a dangerous person from getting it

Newjak
Surfer or Nothing everything else will seriously harm the planet and everyone on it.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Newjak
Surfer or Nothing everything else will or seriously harm the planet and everyone on it. what a softie!

Branlor Swift
Can I get Surfer's power and do all of the other tasks too?

Newjak
what a softie! Would you kill millions possibly billions of people just to get some powers?

Branlor Swift
Would you kill millions possibly billions of people just to get some powers? Yes.

Batman-Prime
what a softie!

Why? The Surfer choice wouldn't hurt anyone, on the contrary. Once yopu return after 100 years you can help humanity build an utopia.

JakeTheBank
I would do all the tasks to get the powers and skills of Doom.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Why? The Surfer choice wouldn't hurt anyone, on the contrary. Once yopu return after 100 years you can help humanity build an utopia. Or destroy the planet

Starscream M
Would you kill millions possibly billions of people just to get some powers? none of the options would kill billions, or even millions imo

Starscream M
Why? The Surfer choice wouldn't hurt anyone, on the contrary. Once yopu return after 100 years you can help humanity build an utopia. the surfer choice would be most painful for you though...as you have to be alone for 100 years...it might drive most insane

and you'll return with all your friends and family long dead

JakeTheBank
Thor's strongest storm can potentially effect the entire planet. Without any sort of self control or focus like he has, you're likely going to rape humanity something fierce.

Starscream M
Thor's strongest storm can potentially effect the entire planet. Without any sort of self control or focus like he has, you're likely going to rape humanity something fierce. thor's storms ain't killing millions

JakeTheBank
thor's storms ain't killing millions

You are aware that he can summon the storms of multiple planets and his power goes far and away beyond the normal limitations of natural weather, correct?

If you give a n00b that kind of power have them direct at five metropolitan cities, it's going to do way more damage than to the cities proper.

Especially considering most of the world's cities that qualify as "metropolitan" have a population of over a million people anyway...

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Or destroy the planet

Not necessary. Just kill all the "evil" people, like rapists, murderers and Mindset.

the surfer choice would be most painful for you though...as you have to be alone for 100 years...it might drive most insane

and you'll return with all your friends and family long dead

Yes, it's a high price but the possibilities you would have to help humanity, with Surfers powers, would be worth it imho.

Starscream M

Yes, it's a high price but the possibilities you would have to help humanity, with Surfers powers, would be worth it imho. assuming you stay mentally sane after being alone for 100 years...which is a huge if

Batman-Prime
assuming you stay mentally sane after being alone for 100 years...which is a huge if

Not really. There is no "if". I'm already the only sane person on this planet, that won't change even in 100 years. uhuh

JakeTheBank
Not really. There is no "if". I'm already the only sane person on this planet, that won't change even in 100 years. uhuh

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/BestGif.gif

Batman-Prime
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/BestGif.gif

http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws.com/5444000/5444288_6771_625x1000.jpg

JakeTheBank
Come at me, you damn dirty ape.

Batman-Prime
Come at me, you damn dirty ape.

Reported for racism... actually I'm white.

monkey

Mindship
the whole point is punishment of solitude. A hundred years of solitude, plus Surfer's powerset, would likely lead to an evolution of self and consciousness. Out in space, exploring the grandeur of the universe while learning my powers, my time-sense would change, as well as my sense of perspective and scale. In a hundred years, I might not even care about coming back to Earth.

h1a8
I wouldn't mind killing in order to obtain Superman's or Thor's power. Flash's power is not worth destroying the Earth since I have no way to leave the Earth (maybe time travel though).

The problem is you correctly chose the best power (Surfer's) as the hardest to obtain. Living 100 years in solitude would definitely make one insane. So what good is Surfer's power if one is insane? I would only do this if I would be all right mentally afterwards, maybe I would travel 99.999999% of the speed of light for a while to travel 100 years into the future. I wouldn't

DarkSaint85
Retarded thread.

It'll be Surfer's powers. It already lets me duplicate all the other powers, plus at the end of 100 years I'll just turn back time.

What's the point of destroying large swathes of the earth, then helping rebuild? Noone will ever trust you. Your loved ones will hate and fear you. Having Flashs powers wont help bring the dead back to life, AMD you'd likely kill your own without the control.

And you won't go crazy after 100 years. You're the Surfer. Just make yourself un crazy. You can evolve and create life, altering your own brain chemistry to make yourself saner ain't a stretch. Plus, cosmic awareness, and yeah, te whole non mass murderer thing. For the greater good, Surfer is the way. For personal gain, Surfer is the way. You have to look at the bigger picture, not just omg im da Powa!! Boom!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Retarded thread.

It'll be Surfer's powers. It already lets me duplicate all the other powers, plus at the end of 100 years I'll just turn back time.

What's the point of destroying large swathes of the earth, then helping rebuild? Noone will ever trust you. Your loved ones will hate and fear you. Having Flashs powers wont help bring the dead back to life, AMD you'd likely kill your own without the control.

And you won't go crazy after 100 years. You're the Surfer. Just make yourself un crazy. You can evolve and create life, altering your own brain chemistry to make yourself saner ain't a stretch. Plus, cosmic awareness, and yeah, te whole non mass murderer thing. For the greater good, Surfer is the way. For personal gain, Surfer is the way. You have to look at the bigger picture, not just omg im da Powa!! Boom!

This, surfer can just travel back to the point he left

-Pr-
not nec

since the very nature of such powers can enable one to do enormous good (enforce world peace, disaster relief, etc)

also, like another poster suggested, one may take up an offer to prevent a dangerous person from getting it

"Enforce world peace".

Not really a truly good act.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.