CIS off Thor vs HP Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
No bfring.

No need to take CIS off for Doomsday because its always off.

Who wins?

pym-ftw
Is Thor going for a kill?

carver9
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Is Thor going for a kill?

Yes.

Damborgson
Thor ends him.

pym-ftw
Thor could freeze him solid, not sure what DD could evolve for that...

abhilegend
Thor isn't killing doomsday sans a godblast. Is it rage controlled thor or thor as seen in B&T?

JakeTheBank
CIS off Thor.

h1a8
IMO OE>>>>>>>Godblast
So HP DD evolves greater resistance to anything Thor dishes and eventually ends him. Thor can only win if he one shots DD, which isn't happening IMO.

Juntai
Doomsday.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Juntai
Doomsday.

Philosophía
Originally posted by carver9
No bfring.
Doomsday.

Batman-Prime
Doomsday

Sundipped
^
You get the picture

Doomsday

TheGodKiller
Doomsday .

Harbinger
DD won't let Thor get off a godblast, so he wrecks.

-Pr-
Thor, though just barely.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor, though just barely. how in the hell do you see thor beating HP DD?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
how in the hell do you see thor beating HP DD?

By smashing his face in with his hammer.

Starscream M
By smashing his face in with his hammer. hahaha lol ok dood good one laughing out loud

-Pr-
hahaha lol ok dood good one laughing out loud

Hurts when someone knows more about both characters than you do, doesn't it.

JakeTheBank
lmao

pym-ftw
Originally posted by h1a8
IMO OE>>>>>>>Godblast

Maybe in pure versatility, but Thors GB cracked Galactus's armor, the OE was tanked by superman.

In raw power it isn't a contest

-Pr-
Maybe in pure versatility, but Thors GB cracked Galactus's armor, the OE was tanked by superman.

Superman never tanked the OE.

abhilegend
Thor isn't beating doomsday by hitting him hard. No chance at all.

abhilegend

A very weak galactus. OE made spectre scream. Superman tanks things he shouldn't all the time.

-Pr-
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor isn't beating doomsday by hitting him hard. No chance at all.

Of course he has a chance.

pym-ftw
A very weak galactus. OE made spectre scream. Superman tanks things he shouldn't all the time.
Wasn't the reason supes survived the OE because of source protection?

Seems odd spectre wouldn't be afforded the same protection.

abhilegend
Wasn't the reason supes survived the OE because of source protection?

Seems odd spectre wouldn't be afforded the same protection.
That's an internet myth.Originally posted by -Pr-
Of course he has a chance.
The same doomsday who steamrolled entire JLA holding back? Rage, is that you?

-Pr-
That's an internet myth.
The same doomsday who steamrolled entire JLA holding back? Rage, is that you?

Don't.

abhilegend
Don't.
I was just joking.

Heavenly king
is this the doomsday that haven't been beat to death?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Heavenly king
is this the doomsday that haven't been beat to death?
This is the doomsday who took apart the strongest version of JLA in minutes holding back and against who orion and martian manhunter combined couldn't survive even a minute.

Nibedicus
Doomsday holds back now?

Really, it's a serious question, not trolling or anything. Just didn't think it was part of his characterization.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Doomsday holds back now?

Really, it's a serious question, not trolling or anything. Just didn't think it was part of his characterization.
Brainiac was controlling doomsday's body.

Golgo13
Doomsday.

Nibedicus
Brainiac was controlling doomsday's body.

Brainiac doesn't hold back either...

Edit. Well at least I never thought he does..,

the Darkone
Thor has God blast, anti force blast, matter manipulation, vortex barriers, mystical lightning strikes and storms, also Thor has gauntlets that he uses when unleashing Mojlner true powers, gotta go with Thor on this one more versatile and willing to kill.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Brainiac doesn't hold back either...

Edit. Well at least I never thought he does..,
He explicitly said he was holding back.Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor has God blast, anti force blast, matter manipulation, vortex barriers, mystical lightning strikes and storms, also Thor has gauntlets that he uses when unleashing Mojlner true powers, gotta go with Thor on this one more versatile and willing to kill.
Sans godblast, he doesn't win here. Doomsday shrugged off a full astro force blast like nothing.

Nibedicus
Got scans? Genuinely curious.

Silent Master
He explicitly said he was holding back.
Sans godblast, he doesn't win here. Doomsday shrugged off a full astro force blast like nothing.

Can you point out where in the OP it states that the GB is banned?

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Can you point out where in the OP it states that the GB is banned? Doesn't matter as OE>>>>>>>GB and DD evolves greater resistance on the spot.

Thor flying into Galactus at under the speed of light cracked Galactus armor as well.
In fact Galactus armor has been cracked or damaged multiple times in comics (even by Thanos).

Silent Master
Doesn't matter as OE>>>>>>>GB and DD evolves greater resistance on the spot.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

h1a8
roll eyes (sarcastic)

By feats it's true
The OE at less than half power from many miles away INSTANT VAPORED two huge missiles that Superman with all his might couldn't put a scratch on. This is Superman we are talking about and with ALL HIS MIGHT.

DD withstood the full force from close range of the OE and still was ok. Covered more than half a mile before Darkseid can even turn around. IMO, Thor might not get a chance to act with speed like that.

Silent Master
By feats it's true
The OE at less than half power from many miles away INSTANT VAPORED two huge missiles that Superman with all his might couldn't put a scratch on. This is Superman we are talking about and with ALL HIS MIGHT.

DD withstood the full force from close range of the OE and still was ok. Covered more than half a mile before Darkseid can even turn around. IMO, Thor might not get a chance to act with speed like that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

h1a8
^trolling i see.

Silent Master
Just giving your arguments the respect they're due, why don't you go back to the other thread and talk more about Spider-man's above light-speed reactions.

the Darkone
He explicitly said he was holding back.

The God Blast is mystical and cosmic in nature and amplified by the hammer for maximum effect, Astro Force and God Blast are different and the god blast has been portrayed better over the years, God-blast might not kill HP Doomsday, but it will slow him dramatically hurt him for Thor to take advantage of.

abhilegend
Originally posted by the Darkone
The God Blast is mystical and cosmic in nature and amplified by the hammer for maximum effect, Astro Force and God Blast are different and the god blast has been portrayed better over the years, God-blast might not kill HP Doomsday, but it will slow him dramatically hurt him for Thor to take advantage of.
Astro force has threatened to tear apart earth while being fired at moon, cancel out universe buster obilivion bomb and shit. I never said anything about godblast not being effective though.

the Darkone
Astro force has threatened to tear apart earth while being fired at moon, cancel out universe buster obilivion bomb and shit. I never said anything about godblast not being effective though.

See that is some BS right there, Astro Force the opposite the Omega Effect, Alpha Force etc DC always want to water down something to prove how bada$$ their character is suppose to be, like Darkseid and H/P Doomsday. That story started the down fall Darkseid in DC eyes, IMO.

celeyhyga17
Godblast 4tw.

HPDD goes down.

h1a8
Just giving your arguments the respect they're due, why don't you go back to the other thread and talk more about Spider-man's above light-speed reactions. Trolling is against forum rules.

h1a8
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Godblast 4tw.

HPDD goes down.

OE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GB and OE did nothing to DD.

Philosophía
By smashing his face in with his hammer. Are you serious?

-Pr-

Philosophía
You shouldn't be at all. Thor physically beating H/P Doomsday is something not even the Thor fanboys of this forum would stand alongside with.

-Pr-

psycho gundam
Originally posted by carver9
No bfring.

No need to take CIS off for Doomsday because its always off.

Who wins? This should be "CIP" as thor doesn't forget anything cause he's "too dumb", rather there are certain characters he uses his vast arsenal against and a lot of characters where he doesn't either cause it would kill them (and everyone around) or he wants to fight them out of pride.

doomsday is just as guilty of CIS as rhino is, however doomsday's powers are automatic. if rhino were to be brain swapped with him, he wouldn't be the joke he is in the forums.

Silent Master
Trolling is against forum rules.

Hasn't stopped you yet.

Doomsday has never been hit with a GB like attack, so there is zero reason to assume that he'd be immune to it.

Mindset
Thor oneshots him.

Starscream M
Hasn't stopped you yet.

Doomsday has never been hit with a GB like attack, so there is zero reason to assume that he'd be immune to it. thor will never in a million years land GB on HP DD....GD is very slow attack and HP DD is superfast

Sundipped
thor will never in a million years land GB on HP DD....GD is very slow attack and HP DD is superfast

thumb up A God blast is out the question.

-Pr-
Doomsday isn't the type to dodge.

Silent Master
thor will never in a million years land GB on HP DD....GD is very slow attack and HP DD is superfast

The GB is slow?

In that case, you should have no trouble listing several people that have dodged it.

Starscream M
The GB is slow?

In that case, you should have no trouble listing several people that have dodged it. thats my point you dunderhead

its only been used against very immobile large beings...ie galactus, juggernaut,etc

its never been used against a speedy mobile being simply because thor requires a charge up maneuver

Silent Master
thats my point you dunderhead

its only been used against very immobile large beings...ie galactus, juggernaut,etc

its never been used against a speedy mobile being simply because thor requires a charge up maneuver

No, your point was that the GB is slow, if it's slow you should have no trouble showing people avoiding it.

h1a8
No, your point was that the GB is slow, if it's slow you should have no trouble showing people avoiding it. Fallacy, we can see that it's slow from reading comics. There is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Silent Master
Fallacy, we can see that it's slow from reading comics. There is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

When has the blast itself ever been shown as slow?

DarkSaint85
Lol.

'GB is slow.'
'How is it slow?'
'Its only used against slow objects.'

A masterclass in debating, indeed.

JakeTheBank
Thor charging up the Godblast takes seconds. The actual Godblast, when fired, isn't slow at all.

-Pr-
And Doomsday would, naturally, try to tank it.

abhilegend
And Doomsday would, naturally, try to tank it.
Or he can beat thor to a pulp while he's charging the godblast. wink

Blight
Or he can beat thor to a pulp while he's charging the godblast. wink I've never seen him speedblitz an opponent with more than one punch, & one punch isn't beating Thor to a pulp.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blight
I've never seen him speedblitz an opponent with more than one punch, & one punch isn't beating Thor to a pulp.
I've never seen Thor godblast out of the gate either. Doomsday nearly broke superman's neck with a haymaker.

-Pr-
Or he can beat thor to a pulp while he's charging the godblast. wink

It won't take that long...

abhilegend
It won't take that long...
Yeah, Thor would get beat to a pulp rather quickly looking at recent events.

Mindset
I've never seen Thor godblast out of the gate either. You've never seen a Thor that wasn't restricted by CIS.

Blight
I've never seen Thor godblast out of the gate either. Doomsday nearly broke superman's neck with a haymaker. When was it stated Superman's Neck was almost broken?

-Pr-
Yeah, Thor would get beat to a pulp rather quickly looking at recent events.

smh...

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindset
You've never seen a Thor that wasn't restricted by CIS.
Yeah I've seen. Its called Blood & Thunder.Originally posted by Blight
When was it stated Superman's Neck was almost broken?
http://s1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/?action=view&current=dw_supes12.jpg

Kyle said that on the next page.

abhilegend
smh...
Delph?

-Pr-
Yeah I've seen. Its called Blood & Thunder.
http://s1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/?action=view&current=dw_supes12.jpg

Kyle said that on the next page.

That's not really proof.

Jim Ross says the same thing when someone gets smacked with a chair.

Delph?

I don't have to be delph to be disappointed.

abhilegend
That's not really proof.

Jim Ross says the same thing when someone gets smacked with a chair.

I don't have to be delph to be disappointed.
Except this isn't WWE. Character statement hold weight given the context.

Blight

Uhh.. I'm not buying that.

A) They are roughly the same strength. It's not likely two humans of the same strength could land a haymaker that breaks anothers neck without very drastic circumstances.

B) Kyle's statement isn't near the proof I'd want to hear. Narration or something of an inner monologue with Clark. Otherwise it's just hearsay.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blight
Uhh.. I'm not buying that.

A) They are roughly the same strength. It's not likely two humans of the same strength could land a haymaker that breaks anothers neck without very drastic circumstances.

B) Kyle's statement isn't near the proof I'd want to hear. Narration or something of an inner monologue with Clark. Otherwise it's just hearsay.
lolwut? H/P doomsday being roughly equally strong as superman? Where did you pulled that from?

The fact that kyle commented on it is enough, given the context. Kyle knows how tough superman is.

-Pr-

They only hold weight to a point. There is a such thing as hyperbole.

DarkSaint85
That's like saying Spiderman knows the Avengers, so his statement about Sentry vs Galactus holds weight.

I mean, Kyle is a comic book artist, not Prof Hamilton. How would he know how much it would take to punch his head off?

Plus, at the time, Kyle was still a ...wait for it....GREEN Lantern (geddit??) so if he sees a powerful haymaker being thrown, it doesn't necessarily mean it was neck snappingly powerful, only that Kyle was geekgasming.

abhilegend
They only hold weight to a point. There is a such thing as hyperbole.
Yeah its a little bit of hyperbolish but seeing j'onn and orion couldn't hold doomsday for even 1 minute, its not that much from truth.

Raptor22
doomsday

Zack Fair
I miss noobie Kyle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.