ESB Darth Vader Vs Qui Gon Jinn & Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ROTJ Vader
1.Sabers
2.Force
3.All Out

Who Wins?. I say Vader takes 1 with some trouble takes 2 with total ease and 3 with moderate to minor difficulty.

mnat801
I totally disagree. In all three situations, the team will overwhelm vader. remember vader has legs and arms that are made of machine, giving team a huge advantage with manouvarability.

Plus Vader had some difficulty against luke in ESP.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by mnat801
I totally disagree. In all three situations, the team will overwhelm vader. remember vader has legs and arms that are made of machine, giving team a huge advantage with manouvarability.

Plus Vader had some difficulty against luke in ESP.

Just because Vader is slow does not mean hes weak. On Kissel he killed 5 Jedi Masters including 3 in just 3 swings he would have killed the others had they not used that deactivator sword. Note this is Vader when hes JUST getting used to his suit. Hes also killed tons of Jedi and easyly pwned 2 Jedi Knights in RODV(Return of Darth Vader). And Vader has a awesome command of the force(throwing around giant pillars destroying a medical field when just getting angry with his emotions throwing around buildings). Vader could just take Maul out with the force then out duel Qui Gon or duel and defeat them both 2 on 1 and win.

In ESB Vader did not have trouble with Luke. When Luke hit Vader in the arm Vader got mad and got serious and Lukes arm was gone in 2 swings lol Vader was far superior to ESB Luke.

Mizukage Yoda
Lol is there a serious argument that ESB Luke was anywhere close to Vader? Serious Vader demolished him in like 2 swings of his blade.
I see this team having serious difficulty with Vader's considerable Telekinetic abilities.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Lol is there a serious argument that ESB Luke was anywhere close to Vader?

Agreed lol. Vader pwned him in 2 swings when he got serious.

Slowpoke
Vader was beaten by Maul in that comic, if Maul didn't stop and talk to him he wouldn't get stabbed by surprise.

Lord Lucien
That was a Maul doppelganger, not the real deal.

mnat801
Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
Just because Vader is slow does not mean hes weak. On Kissel he killed 5 Jedi Masters including 3 in just 3 swings he would have killed the others had they not used that deactivator sword. Note this is Vader when hes JUST getting used to his suit. Hes also killed tons of Jedi and easyly pwned 2 Jedi Knights in RODV(Return of Darth Vader). And Vader has a awesome command of the force(throwing around giant pillars destroying a medical field when just getting angry with his emotions throwing around buildings). Vader could just take Maul out with the force then out duel Qui Gon or duel and defeat them both 2 on 1 and win.

In ESB Vader did not have trouble with Luke. When Luke hit Vader in the arm Vader got mad and got serious and Lukes arm was gone in 2 swings lol Vader was far superior to ESB Luke. Look, I know there are novels that state these facts but im just coming from a realistic point of view e.g film content. If you look at the duel between luke and vader, and then qui gon and obi wan vs maul, you can see there is an obvious difference in skill and diffuculty. Qui gon alone would overwelm vader.

Lord Lucien
As an observer of the film alone, I'm behind that 100%. But unfortunately this Versus forum uses the Expanded Universe as a source, and thanks to that, Vader is far more powerful than either Qui-Gon or Maul. That's not a quirk we've chosen by the way, it's right there in the forum rules.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That was a Maul doppelganger, not the real deal.

It got the same strength as the real Darth Maul.
With Qui Gon, Vader doesn't stand a chance.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Slowpoke
With Vader, Qui Gon doesn't stand a chance. Fixed.

mnat801
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
As an observer of the film alone, I'm behind that 100%. But unfortunately this Versus forum uses the Expanded Universe as a source, and thanks to that, Vader is far more powerful than either Qui-Gon or Maul. That's not a quirk we've chosen by the way, it's right there in the forum rules. I know, but the films are more canon then the novels. Same goes with the clone wars series. like how adi gallia was killed by savager opress but in the novels she was killed by grevious. Just because this forum allows canon from the expanded universe, doesnt mean facts from books override the films and series.

Darth _Sadow1
If this is Force Unleased Vader, Qui-Gon would be beaten down by Vader and Maul would lose his legs again....Just my opinion. Also, Vader's TK is shown to be FAR greater than anything he did in the movies, and then there is the Kessel trap, which if you follow the opinion that Vader would not win this battle, Vader would have died in that fight, but he didn't.

mnat801
Originally posted by Darth _Sadow1
If this is Force Unleased Vader, Qui-Gon would be beaten down by Vader and Maul would lose his legs again....Just my opinion. Also, Vader's TK is shown to be FAR greater than anything he did in the movies, and then there is the Kessel trap, which if you follow the opinion that Vader would not win this battle, Vader would have died in that fight, but he didn't. Games can over-exaggerate though. eg in battlefront 2 everyone knows jedi can't jump four times in the air. Btw im basing my argument off the fact that this is ESB vader.

Darth _Sadow1
Originally posted by mnat801
Games can over-exaggerate though. eg in battlefront 2 everyone knows jedi can't jump four times in the air. Btw im basing my argument off the fact that this is ESB vader.
Oh ESB Vader still killed the Jedi in the Kessel trap when he was weaker in the Dark Side than he is now. Vader would throw things at one of them while attacking the other.

vader11
Vader would lose the saber fight.

Arhael
Lack of manuverabillity is not a huge disadvantage for Vader. Even prior to suit he used Djem So, which lacks manuverabillity, so it is not something he ever relied on.

Vader can switch to Makashi grip, which allows to do very fast moves and gives much better control over saber. While other Makashi users lack kinetic energy, Vader's mechanical Force enhanced hands carry so much strength that even with single-handed grip it is enough to knock two Jedi off their feet.

He likely would lose sabers only because in fight with multiple opponents manuverability is very important, however, with Force he takes it.

Darth _Sadow1
Originally posted by Arhael
Lack of manuverabillity is not a huge disadvantage for Vader. Even prior to suit he used Djem So, which lacks manuverabillity, so it is not something he ever relied on.

Vader can switch to Makashi grip, which allows to do very fast moves and gives much better control over saber. While other Makashi users lack kinetic energy, Vader's mechanical Force enhanced hands carry so much strength that even with single-handed grip it is enough to knock two Jedi off their feet.

He likely would lose sabers only because in fight with multiple opponents manuverability is very important, however, with Force he takes it.
He would use the Force to enhance his speed and power.

Arhael
He would use the Force to enhance his speed and power.
Obviously.
He is perfect at blocking all attacks of single opponent. But simultaneous attacks of second opponent he would need to dodge. Look how often Kenobi dodged Maul's and Opress attacks with all sorts of acrobatic stuff. Vader simply can't dodge like that because of suit, so multiple opponents will give him much more hard time, than others.

If he mastered Jarkai, then he would be able to take both of them but not with single lightsaber.

mnat801
He would use the Force to enhance his speed and power. I guess that would help him a bit.

mnat801
Originally posted by Arhael
Obviously.
He is perfect at blocking all attacks of single opponent. But simultaneous attacks of second opponent he would need to dodge. Look how often Kenobi dodged Maul's and Opress attacks with all sorts of acrobatic stuff. Vader simply can't dodge like that because of suit, so multiple opponents will give him much more hard time, than others.

If he mastered Jarkai, then he would be able to take both of them but not with single lightsaber. Yeah. Because of the fact that he's taking on 2 opponents, it would be difficult. And seeing that this is Maul and Jinn, I still believe the team wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.