Azathoth vs The Great Evil Beast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Azathoth.jpg

vs

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/GEB.jpg

The Blind Idiot God from Lovecrafts Cthulhu Mythos vs The Sunless Sea from DC comics.

I'm not actually sure if Azathoth can be awake or not or actually fight, so this will be something of a learning experience.

NemeBro

ArtificialGlory
Is that a spaghetti meatball playing a clarinet? Normal.

the ninjak
What's the Great Evil Beast gonna do to a multiversal cosmic entity like Aza?

10Lm5S4PQUA
xHAeJSwUbaw

NemeBro
Er, you are aware that the Great Evil Beast is also a multiversal cosmic entity, essentially being the Anti-God of DC, right?

I mean, Michael, who can bust out multiversal big bangs, and Lucifer, who can shape that power to his leisure, were nothing to it.

Robtard
Going to go with the entity that is both one-half the Alpha and Omega and equal to the Alpha and Omega. TGEB.

Though one could argue that Azahoth is just another interpretation of God (in the HP verse) in a multiverse situation and therefore we have one faction on the same entity fighting another faction of the same entity.

the ninjak
Originally posted by NemeBro
Er, you are aware that the Great Evil Beast is also a multiversal cosmic entity, essentially being the Anti-God of DC, right?

I mean, Michael, who can bust out multiversal big bangs, and Lucifer, who can shape that power to his leisure, were nothing to it.

Nah didn't pay much attention. Just routing for the home team.

Nephthys
While TGE8 is multiversal+, isn't Azathoth also that level? He's affecting the multiverse with his dreams. So is there any ideas about the fight, or if its even pawsi8le?

NemeBro
Well, really, Azatoth isn't even ****ing sentient, so I can't see him beating GEB honestly.

the ninjak
What are GEB's feats?

NemeBro
As I said, Michael and Lucifer were as ants to it. Michael can bust out Multiversal big bangs on a whim, and Lucifer can shape that multiversal power.

Astner
So this was an amazing versus forum all the time disguised as boring one all along?

Either way, Azathoth's mind is manifested as Nyarlathotep. See Nyarlathotep's last paragraph, and the description of Azathoth in The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath.

Initially I interpreted it as the separation of omnipotence and omniscience to deal with the paradox of having the power to change the future you've predicted.

Originally posted by NemeBro
As I said, Michael and Lucifer were as ants to it. Michael can bust out Multiversal big bangs on a whim, and Lucifer can shape that multiversal power.
I don't think they were referenced in the same works. He did overpower the Spectre though.

cdtm
Originally posted by the ninjak
What are GEB's feats?

Chewing up and spitting out Spectre, who was being amped by DC's mystics. And Spectre, despite growing to ridiculously large proportions, was only wrestling with his fingernail. (Although this Spectre was also retconned in the Last Days of JSA story as being a small aspect of the full thing. A pretty unnecessary retcon, imo, but there it is..)

It's actually short on feats, with it's rep coming from the fact it comprised "EVERYTHING" at one point. It was the void that the universe was created in, basically.

And it was never defeated.. It faced down the Presence itself, and instead of fighting, the two merged into one being, implying some parity of power levels.

the ninjak
Well then both are undisputed beasts. The personification of the dark unknown waiting to consume the light.

Cept Team 2 is a ripoff of Team 1.

But as Nemebro stated GEB consciously wants to attack the physical plane whereas Azathoth is in a state of dreaming letting his subordinates do the dirty work unless portals are opened.

It's a non-fight. Unless we factor in the fact that the GEB is an entity that openly fights the "Known" world's forces whereas Aza simply gestates and waits.

Though the GEB has defeated God's forces in the past yet Azathoth exists in a reality where God doesn't exist.
Maybe this gives GEB the crucial advantage.

NemeBro
I am not sure how GEB is a ripoff of Azathoth, frankly. Azathoth is a non-sentient chaos that exists at the center of and created everything, GEB is a malevolent cosmic void that the Presence then superimposed reality on (I... Think? That actually sounds a lot like the Primal Monitor, lol).

the ninjak
So he's kind of like a 616 Oblivion that was dormant then got woken up?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.