Spider-man vs The Amazing Spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
Which spider-man origin film do you like better, Spider-man or The Amazing Spider-man? I think I may like TAS slightly more.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Which spider-man origin film do you like better, Spider-man or The Amazing Spider-man? I think I may like TAS slightly more. Better villain in the old one. Goblin and his interactions with Spidey made the movie. He completely outdid Connors IMO.

The new one had a better story though, with Lizard trying to saturate the city and all. Stacy got killed off way too quick though.

SamZED
Yeah Dafoe was great as Osborn/Goblin. If only they got the costume right and had him actually plotsomething instead of just killing rivals and fighting Spider-man...

StiltmanFTW
I kinda liked his armor. Wouldn't his costume from the comics look goofy?

SamZED
You shouldve seen the mask they originally inteded for the movie. It looked sick. No idea why they switched it for Power Rangers costume. Just replace purple underwear with Ultimate-like coat/robe and with that mask.. it wouldve worked imo.

StiltmanFTW
Pics?

SamZED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZBhL5lpqg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
IMO looks awesome.

the ninjak
The original had the-
-magic.
-Dafoe.
-better Aunt May.
-better Spidey.
-Dafoe.
-acceptable unmaskings.
-wrestling origin.
-Dafoe.

SamZED
Magic? Also.. better Spidey?

the ninjak
Yeah it had the SpideyMagic.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by SamZED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZBhL5lpqg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
IMO looks awesome.

That's basically the real Green Goblin mask!

U Neek
I preferred Spider-Man from 2002, and the Goblin was a better baddie, with Dafoe doing an excellent job in the role. However the costume was pretty poor, looking like a rejected suit from the Power Rangers...

Mr. Rhythmic
"Spider-Man" felt like a diehard fan capturing as much of the essence of the character as he can, and showed the world that you can be faithful to a comic and still be a good film.
"Amazing Spider-Man" felt like a studio product made by people that like money.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
"Spider-Man" felt like a diehard fan capturing as much of the essence of the character as he can, and showed the world that you can be faithful to a comic and still be a good film.

really?!

The only thing the original spidy had was Dafoe and Simmons imo. Well those were stand outs but the 2nd movie was decent and Sandman was caste perfectly imo. There is a lot they didn't have in those movies that made it lack the feel of spider-man.

SamZED
Like Spider-man not crying all the time.

BlackZero30x
McGuire seemed to cry enough imo lol

SamZED
Yeah for 8 movies lol

BlackZero30x
haha it sure felt like it.

Silent_Bomber
I like the new one much better, though its not perfect.

The old one had a cringe-worthingly bad villain, ever since I first saw the film at the cinema I couldn't believe that that power-rangers costume was the best they could do, not only was it nothing like the original character, but it looked very, very cheap IMO. Also Willem Defoe must've asked for more face time as the guy kept feeling like he needed to reveal his face all the time. Outside of that Tobey Maguire's creepy stepford wives-style Spider-Man has never sat right with me, and there was very little chemistry between PP and MJ.

The only things that jarred with me about the new one was Peter's look, it was just too pretty-boy indie-kid for me, with the quafed hair and skateboard. Other than that they could've maybe done a little more with the bad guy, it may have been an idea to cut down the origin story and spend more time fleshing out the Lizard, but I can still see why they ended up making the decisions they did.

doctorstrongbad
Spider-man was a better film IMHO.

Vensai
I feel the new film will probably improve with sequels, but for now, the old spider has my vote.

pym-ftw
I hated TAS, that said the trilogy had low points

Power Ranger Norman
Harry
Eric Foreman/Topher Grace as Venom? Why?

But atleast I felt like the movies aren't only being made so Fox can keep the rights

iscaremonkeys
Spider-man 2002

Based
I like Garfield and Stone better but IMO the effects were fvcking horrendous. Original for me. But it's close.

tkitna
Original for me. I liked Toby way better. I thought he portrayed Parker as he should he been. Meek.

Vensai
Originally posted by tkitna
Original for me. I liked Toby way better. I thought he portrayed Parker as he should he been. Meek.
Toby certainly portrayed the conflict between responsibilities and difficulties of being Parker better.

Arachnid1
Garfield was a better Parker and Spidey so the hero was better, but the older trilogy had better villains. I'm going to go with TAS. Villains can always improve, but the hero you establish is here to stay.

Mr Parker
No constest.ASM was better than all 3 of those crapfest spiderman movies.It helps as well that they had someone to play the part who can act.

Tobey Goober Mcguire was about the worst casting choice for that role.for anyone to vote for that crapfest man-spider movie,they got bad taste in movies.that monstrocity power rangers goblin costume made that movie a joke.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by tkitna

I hated the way tobey played parker. Parker is patient and will take some crap, but he's nobody's doormat, like tobey portrayed him. He has his dignity and in the comics he frequently told people who annoyed or crossed him to take a flying leap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.