Bricks vs Fighters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
The bricks consist of...

Thing
Luke Cage
Namor
She Hulk

vs

Wolverine
Sabertooth (adamantium version)
Ironfist
Midnighter

Who wins? No bfring.

pym-ftw
Namor solos

Batman-Prime
Fighters. Iron Fist and Midnighter might be unimportant but ... wait Wolverine will have his hands full with Namor. Till they are finished the fighters go down and it's an 2-3 vs 1. Bricks win.

srankmissingnin
Fighters win easily.

Q99
Iron Fist is pretty darn nasty against bricks.

Endless Mike
Honestly I am seeing none of these guys beating Namor (barring a cheap shot)

psycho gundam
things probably changed, but he did get owned by hiroim:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/heroimtakesironfist1.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/heroimtakesironfist2.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/heroimtakesironfist3.jpg

Stoic
I Think Creed and Logan will be the last two standing. The tanks will at first seem to be winning but Creed and Logan's HF will keep them in there while they slowly whittle done the tanks.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Honestly I am seeing none of these guys beating Namor (barring a cheap shot)

Wolverine has already beaten Namor himself on more than one occasion...

Batman-Prime
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/Saturn695/Sub_Mariner_3_0004.jpghttp://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/Saturn695/Sub_Mariner_3_0005.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/Saturn695/Sub_Mariner_3_0006.jpghttp://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/Saturn695/Sub_Mariner_3_0009.jpg

srankmissingnin
Unless the battlefield has a pool for Namor to runaway and heal in after Wolverine guts him, that example is irrelevant. Plus Wolverine was already getting up.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Unless the battlefield has a pool for Namor to runaway and heal in after Wolverine guts him, that example is irrelevant. Plus Wolverine was already getting up.

Namor was dominating Logan here, almost as bad as Odin dominated Thanos. He was going easy on him while Logan cheapshotted, cheated and still couldn't get the better out of Namor. Wolverine was getting up because Namor waited and let him do it. It's not like he couldn't have finished him there, similar to what WWH did.

Harbinger
Namor's the strongest/most dangerous on the field, but his teammates aren't much help given the opposition. Fighters win via attrition; there's no viable counter here for an adamantium laced Creed or for Logan's/Victor's HFs, especially with no BFR.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, I mean, if we are really going extreme here, what's to stop Namor from going in the back, and ripping his heart out?

DarkSaint85
Also...

Enhanced hearing, thunderclaps...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Namor was dominating Logan here, almost as bad as Odin dominated Thanos. He was going easy on him while Logan cheapshotted, cheated and still couldn't get the better out of Namor. Wolverine was getting up because Namor waited and let him do it. It's not like he couldn't have finished him there, similar to what WWH did.

It was a much of a cheap shot as Namor's initial blow. Logan would have essential one shot Namor if there hadn't been a conveniently placed water source for him to run away and heal in... and if he had it wouldn't have been the first time he had dropped Namor with a single well placed blow. If Namor rushed him he would have just got back into claw range and been turn up again.

Hulk has a healing factor, if he didn't Wolverine would have killed him in that in counter with the blows he landed. Namor doesn't have a shot in hell of doing what WWH did to Wolverine, even that incarnation of the Hulk wasn't several orders of magnitude stronger than Namor on a logarithmic scale.

psycho gundam
^ that was the best showing for wolverine's brain ever

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah, I mean, if we are really going extreme here, what's to stop Namor from going in the back, and ripping his heart out?

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Also...

Enhanced hearing, thunderclaps...

I take it you aren't very familiar with Wolverine? He's had his heart ripped out and eaten in the middle of a fight and still killed the guy who did. His heart was blown up with systemic manipulation and it only dropped him for two panels.

He's also tanked point black thunder claps from the Hulk than created massive creators akin to the impact of a meteorite.

pym-ftw
What if namor throws Wolverine and sabertooth over the horizon

Harbinger
No BFR.

Batman-Prime
It was a much of a cheap shot as Namor's initial blow. Logan would have essential one shot Namor if there hadn't been a conveniently placed water source for him to run away and heal in... and if he had it wouldn't have been the first time he had dropped Namor with a single well placed blow. If Namor rushed him he would have just got back into claw range and been turn up again.

Hulk has a healing factor, if he didn't Wolverine would have killed him in that in counter with the blows he landed. Namor doesn't have a shot in hell of doing what WWH did to Wolverine, even that incarnation of the Hulk wasn't several orders of magnitude stronger than Namor on a logarithmic scale.

I don't know what you are seeing but it isn't from the scans I posted. Namor reasons with logan, Logan gets bitchy and can't even react to the Blow, though his claws are next to Namors face. After that, he lands Logan a hand, reasons with him and gets stabbet, easy when your opponent is holding your hand. Once on the ground and wounded he is still to fast for logan, who rushes him, and beats him back, retreats heals and beats the shit out of Wolverine. He crushed almost every organ of Wolverine who is on the ground, instead of beating his brain into pudding, he floats above Logan and waits.

It's pretty clear who had the upper hand and who is portrayed as the superior man here.

pym-ftw
Ok what if namor beats sabertooth with Wolverine

Stoic
It should be noted that Namor got his second wind due to immersion in water, and Wolverine was not at his killer best. Logan would ignore his crushed organs if he were in a berserker fury, and his fighting would go through the roof. For Namor to defeat Logan at this level, he would have to kill him, and I'm not sure that even Namor is able to do this. However those claws will begin to rack up quite the toll on Namor's body. All the same, it shows just how much of a beast Wolverine is, to be able to take such a beating from a guy whose strength is so far above his own.

pym-ftw
Namor could just bury everyone on the field alive

Endless Mike
Honestly if it wasn't for writer favoritism and the desire to make every fight "exciting", people like Wolverine and Sabertooth should realistically be bitchsmacked into the next time zone every damn time when going up against anyone significantly stronger than Luke Cage.

Stoic
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Namor could just bury everyone on the field alive

He wouldn't, he'd fight it out like he did with Wolverine in that scan. He isn't the strongest on the field btw, the other tanks could do loads of collateral damage as well.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Stoic
He wouldn't, he'd fight it out like he did with Wolverine in that scan. He isn't the strongest on the field btw, the other tanks could do loads of collateral damage as well.
Who would you put above him? Ben?

Stoic
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Who would you put above him? Ben?

Wet they are about the same, consistently on land, Ben is actually stronger, and Jen may be stronger than both of them depending on if we look at her at her strongest. She was able to lift Ben's full weight with barely no effort at all, and she did it with one arm. Is this within her power to be at this level consistently? I think so, if she works out in her human form, and then transforms into her mutated form.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I don't know what you are seeing but it isn't from the scans I posted. Namor reasons with logan, Logan gets bitchy and can't even react to the Blow, though his claws are next to Namors face. After that, he lands Logan a hand, reasons with him and gets stabbet, easy when your opponent is holding your hand. Once on the ground and wounded he is still to fast for logan, who rushes him, and beats him back, retreats heals and beats the shit out of Wolverine. He crushed almost every organ of Wolverine who is on the ground, instead of beating his brain into pudding, he floats above Logan and waits.

It's pretty clear who had the upper hand and who is portrayed as the superior man here.

Wolverine and Namor were talking, Wolverine was being hostile (as he always is), and Namor cheap shot'ed him. Wolverine simply returned the favour.Namor was right up in Wolverine's face when he socked him, so at least Wolverine has an excuse for not being able to avoid it. Namor was an arms length away looking down on Wolverine... he should have seen that coming from a mile away... and he was alreadying holding on to him. Should have been a simple matter for him to toss Wolverine away before he got the shot in.

Wolverine doesn't give a shit about dodging blows, and Namor was ostensibly finished. Wolverine underestimated him and allowed up to retreated to a conveniently placed plot device to heal, don't play it to be something it isn't.

And he only managed to get the drop on Logan after healing in the pool, because Wolverine thought he had Namor trapped inside the pools force field at took some time to gloat (aka another plot device that wont come into play in a forum battle). Then he merely smashed Wolverine into the ground... something Logan has taken in stride hundreds of times in the past. He was only off his feat for two panels, his speech was completely fine, not slurred or disoriented, and he was visible pushing himself to his feat for round three when Xavier intervenes. Virtually all Logan's organs were crushed? Big deal... that's what happens to Wolverine every single time he takes a hit from a character with a noticeable degree of super strength. He can heal that in a fraction of a second. WWH beat Wolverine via compounding damage, and pushing Wolverine's healing factor to a point of diminishing returns where his brain wasn't regen'ing fast enough to keep him in the fight... and it took him dozens of shots to do it... and Wolverine was teeing off on him the whole time. Namor wasn't REMOTELY close to putting Wolverine down, and it would be near impossible for him to replicate what Hulk did to Wolverine with out being killed.

Stoic
Wolverine and Namor were talking, Wolverine was being hostile (as he always is), and Namor cheap shot'ed him. Wolverine simply returned the favour.Namor was right up in Wolverine's face when he socked him, so at least Wolverine has an excuse for not being able to avoid it. Namor was an arms length away looking down on Wolverine... he should have seen that coming from a mile away... and he was alreadying holding on to him. Should have been a simple matter for him to toss Wolverine away before he got the shot in.

Wolverine doesn't give a shit about dodging blows, and Namor was ostensibly finished. Wolverine underestimated him and allowed up to retreated to a conveniently placed plot device to heal, don't play it to be something it isn't.

And he only managed to get the drop on Logan after healing in the pool, because Wolverine thought he had Namor trapped inside the pools force field at took some time to gloat (aka another plot device that wont come into play in a forum battle). Then he merely smashed Wolverine into the ground... something Logan has taken in stride hundreds of times in the past. He was only off his feat for two panels, his speech was completely fine, not slurred or disoriented, and he was visible pushing himself to his feat for round three when Xavier intervenes. Virtually all Logan's organs were crushed? Big deal... that's what happens to Wolverine every single time he takes a hit from a character with a noticeable degree of super strength. He can heal that in a fraction of a second. WWH beat Wolverine via compounding damage, and pushing Wolverine's healing factor to a point of diminishing returns where his brain wasn't regen'ing fast enough to keep him in the fight... and it took him dozens of shots to do it... and Wolverine was teeing off on him the whole time. Namor wasn't REMOTELY close to putting Wolverine down, and it would be near impossible for him to replicate what Hulk did to Wolverine with out being killed.

I don't think Logan was out for blood there, he just wanted him to leave. I think things would have gone completely different if they were both out to kill. Just my opinion, but it wouldn't be easy on either side of the fence. My gut tells me that Wolverine would be the last one standing though. Then again like Mike said, Namor could just grab him and toss him into another zip code ftw every time... Unless they were in an inescapable prison or arena type setting

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Stoic
I don't think Logan was out for blood there, he just wanted him to leave. I think things would have gone completely different if they were both out to kill. Just my opinion, but it wouldn't be easy on either side of the fence. My gut tells me that Wolverine would be the last one standing though. Then again like Mike said, Namor could just grab him and toss him into another zip code ftw every time... Unless they were in an inescapable prison or arena type setting

Well you a right of course, Wolverine isn't trying to kill Namor in that example.

Wolverine's faster and more skilled than Namor and with his claws out has a reach advantage. In forum fight, not restrained by editorial mandate and CIS, he won't be limited to non-lethal attacks. Unshackled from such a restraints he is more than capable of dropping Namor with a single well placed shot. In order for Namor to BFR Wolverine he has to come into melee range... which is essentially the same a normal human shoving their hand in a garbage disposal.

abhilegend
Fighters win. As much as I like namor, he isn't beating logan for a majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.