Jiraiya vs. Kabuto(maru)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
The white-haired old guy who can take on two Akatsuki vs. The white-haired young guy who can take on two former Akatsuki.

Round 1: Base Modes only. Summons are allowed, but Kabuto cannot use Edo Tensei Summons.

Round 2: Combatants are in Sage Mode for the fight, and it is infinite.
Summons are not allowed for this round, but Fukasaku & Shima are allowed. They can only use their genjutsu though.

Fight takes place on the underbelly of the Island Turtle.

Rikudo sennin
Round 1-Tie.
Round 2-Kabuto but not by alot.

cdtm
Kabuto also beat Tsunade.

But as buff as Kubuto was, I can't see him even beating an full strength Orochimaru, and IMO Jiraiya is > Oro.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by cdtm
Kabuto also beat Tsunade.

But as buff as Kubuto was, I can't see him even beating an full strength Orochimaru, and IMO Jiraiya is > Oro.

Um no the only reason kabuto even remotly put up a fight against tsunade is because
-He had pills boosting him
-He had knowledge on her weaknesses
-She is 50
And he still would have lost if it were not for the blood!

cdtm
Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
Um no the only reason kabuto even remotly put up a fight against tsunade is because
-He had pills boosting him
-He had knowledge on her weaknesses
-She is 50
And he still would have lost if it were not for the blood!

But he wasn't expecting to face her, was he?

So wouldn't that fall under "standard gear"?

Sennin mode is > pill amping anyways, and even the specific knowledge he had should apply here, because he's constantly updating his database.

AuraAngel
Kabuto should win the first.

Second is tricky as while Kabuto is probably faster, Jiraiya has better strength feats. Much tougher to decide.

Demonic Phoenix
If only because of Manda V2. For some reason, I had forgotten about him. mmm

Jiraiya may be stronger and have a higher damage output, but Kabuto does have a pretty overpowered ninjutsu in White Rage. He is also pretty damn hard to hurt thanks to his durability, regen, and liquid body.

cdtm
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
If only because of Manda V2. For some reason, I had forgotten about him. mmm

Jiraiya may be stronger and have a higher damage output, but Kabuto does have a pretty overpowered ninjutsu in White Rage. He is also pretty damn hard to hurt thanks to his durability, regen, and liquid body.

Don't forget the Frog Call.

Sage mode for Jiraiya includes Ma and Pa, right? They came part and parcel with his SM in the manga, and the Op didn't specifically say not to include them..

Nevan
Round 1-kabuto summons Manda V2
Round 2-Kabuto mid-high difficulty

Demonic Phoenix
Don't forget the Frog Call.

Sage mode for Jiraiya includes Ma and Pa, right? They came part and parcel with his SM in the manga, and the Op didn't specifically say not to include them..
Err...

...Fukasaku & Shima are allowed. They can only use their genjutsu though.

Q99
Kabuto's 'sound and light' snake seems like it'd be a good counter for the frog song, though.

And Kabuto's really hard to put down, between liquidness and regen.

wakkawakkawakka
I vote for the guy who can fight with his eyes closed smile But in all seriousness I'd see the following turning out.

1. Kauto due to Manda V2 being better than pretty much anything in Jiraiya's arsenal of summons. Then again Jiraiya has more offensive ninjutsu to use.

2. Still Kabuto due to him having a pretty uber regen and a genjutsu that's more convinient than frog song. Though Jiraiya's power output increases significantly so it will be a hard earned victory.

cdtm
Err...

Heh, I always get the jutsu's confused.. sad

Right, fs's a ninjutsu...

Demonic Phoenix
Heh, I always get the jutsu's confused.. sad

Right, fs's a ninjutsu...

No worries. Yeah, they're allowed the Frog Song genjutsu, but not that tech where they blast sonic waves out of their mouth, which is Frog Call.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I vote for the guy who can fight with his eyes closed smile But in all seriousness I'd see the following turning out.

1. Kauto due to Manda V2 being better than pretty much anything in Jiraiya's arsenal of summons. Then again Jiraiya has more offensive ninjutsu to use.

1. Jiraiya's summons would be ants compared to Manda V2, but Jiraiya could possibly take it out.

Rikudo sennin
But he wasn't expecting to face her, was he?

So wouldn't that fall under "standard gear"?

Sennin mode is > pill amping anyways, and even the specific knowledge he had should apply here, because he's constantly updating his database.

Is it fair that he literally got prep on her weaknesses? But you cannot deny kabuto was not stronger then tsunade then it was just a mixture of cheating and an ill prepared 50 yr old woman who was no doubt stronger once she showed her regen jutsu.

Mr Marvel
It seems like it would be good battles, but there are handicaps going on in both matches...sad

However:

I think Jiraiya could take the first match

While Kabuto would in all likelyhood take the second match

Bentley
Good battle. I think Kabuto can win the second one, his sage mode was pretty powerful and regen was broken. But Jiraya may take some since he can actually go for the kill and has frog song. It all depends in whether or not Kabuto can block the song.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Q99
Kabuto's 'sound and light' snake seems like it'd be a good counter for the frog song, though. actually, his liquid form is best for that since it withstood the dragon shockwave thing. he might just ignore frog song

Mr Marvel
^his liquid form won't be able to ignore frog song...however the song takes awhile before it kicks in, so he might be able to disrupt it.

NemeBro
Jiraiya can defeat the entirety of Akatsuki in a fight, according to Itachi.

One member of Akatsuki and a pseudo-Akatsuki beat Kabuto.

Jiraiya clearly stomps.

cdtm
But one member, Pain, killed him.

Bentley
I guess the lesson is that blank statements are worthless and thus, Mito has no feats and gets punked.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Bentley
Good battle. I think Kabuto can win the second one, his sage mode was pretty powerful and regen was broken. But Jiraya may take some since he can actually go for the kill and has frog song. It all depends in whether or not Kabuto can block the song.

If he realizes what the two Toads are trying to do, I think he could disrupt the technique by either attacking them, or using White Rage. Besides, White Rage is pretty OP.

Originally posted by Bentley
I guess the lesson is that blank statements are worthless and thus, Mito has no feats and gets punked.

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/313/313332hhj0iy9a6g.gif

Damborgson

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/313/313332hhj0iy9a6g.gif

stolen

Demonic Phoenix
M'kay. Found it on Tumblr some time ago and your point being?

Damborgson
None. Just saying that I'm adding it to my gif collection stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
Ahh, sorreh, I misunderstood you. >__>

Also, I patented it. You owe me 15 e-dollars. stick out tongue

Damborgson
laughing out loud

NemeBro
But one member, Pain, killed him. By Pain's own admission it was only due to the fact that Jiraiya didn't know the secret of the six paths.

Obviously, without it, Jiraiya would have curbstomped Pain, which puts Jiraiya at the bare minimum on the level of eight-tailed Naruto.

Nephthys
If we're going by hearsay then Jiraiya is also >>> Itachi and Kisame.

NemeBro
I'm pretty sure that was not only implied, but more or less made explicit by my first post in this thread.

Jiraiya, assuming he knows the secret of Pain's Six Paths, >= all of Akatsuki.

Astner
Originally posted by Nephthys
If we're going by hearsay then Jiraiya is also >>> Itachi and Kisame.
Actually, Kisame asked Itachi why they had to retreat.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx339/astner/th_lalalalallalalalalala.jpg
Naruto, chapter 148, page 7 out of 19.

Nephthys
Nice catch.

Originally posted by NemeBro
I'm pretty sure that was not only implied, but more or less made explicit by my first post in this thread.

Jiraiya, assuming he knows the secret of Pain's Six Paths, >= all of Akatsuki.

Obito would murderise him.

Astner
I always saw Itachi and Pain as equals, or rather in the same tier with different advantages and weaknesses. Pain, for instance, didn't have any genjutsu, but he was highly susceptible to it.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Astner
I always saw Itachi and Pain as equals, or rather in the same tier with different advantages and weaknesses. Pain, for instance, didn't have any genjutsu, but he was highly susceptible to it.

thumb up

Bentley
Jiraya defeated Konan in seconds.

AuraAngel
Who are you talking to Bentley?

Astner
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Who are you talking to Bentley?
No one, he's just stating the obvious.

Bentley
What he said

psycho gundam
Originally posted by NemeBro
By Pain's own admission it was only due to the fact that Jiraiya didn't know the secret of the six paths.

Obviously, without it, Jiraiya would have curbstomped Pain, which puts Jiraiya at the bare minimum on the level of eight-tailed Naruto. lol how, though?

even if you use naruto as an example, pein had him dead to rights with only the mission of capturing him alive stopping him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.