Thor vs Hancock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

Movie versions.

KingD19
Hancock's a lot faster, and probably stronger as Thor doesn't really have any strength feats without Mjolnir aside from punching Hulk and turning his head.

He's also a lot faster reflex wise(blocked an RPG) and has weather manipulation powers of his own with the tornadoes.

Harbinger
Hancock chucking a whale with ease > pretty much anything Thor did in the movies.

Impediment
Hancock is a black Superman.

Thor gets raeped.

Psychotron
Hancock destroys Thor, unless Thor can exploit his white woman weakness (WWW) via Natalie Portman.

KingD19
It's only one white woman, and Natalie ain't it.

Psychotron
Originally posted by KingD19
It's only one white woman, and Natalie ain't it.

Dude, I've seen the movie.

KingD19
I know. Just pointing out that Chralize Theron >>>>>> Portman

Psychotron
I know. Just pointing out that Chralize Theron >>>>>> Portman

Hmmm, I can't agree 100% on that. I'd need to see more "feats"
before I can agree.

KingD19
Let's just say I don't think she and Smith were solely "fighting" during that sky tumble.

Psychotron
But Natalie could have Kat Dennings and her massive...eyes as reinforcements.

NemeBro
You all are stupid.

Chucking a whale isn't equal to fighting Hulk in h2h, nor does it begin to rival the Jotunheim smash. At least use Hancock's best feat, which is derailing the train from its tracks with a shoulder block. I am not sure how that compares to the Leviathan punch or the Jotunheim smash.

Hancock is certainly the faster flier, but in reaction-time? Blocking the RPG was good, but Thor could deflect the Destroyer lasers which seemed to travel faster (I could get their speed quantified if I felt like it...).

KingD19
Originally posted by NemeBro
You all are stupid.

Chucking a whale isn't equal to fighting Hulk in h2h, nor does it begin to rival the Jotunheim smash. At least use Hancock's best feat, which is derailing the train from its tracks with a shoulder block. I am not sure how that compares to the Leviathan punch or the Jotunheim smash.

Hancock is certainly the faster flier, but in reaction-time? Blocking the RPG was good, but Thor could deflect the Destroyer lasers which seemed to travel faster (I could get their speed quantified if I felt like it...).

He mainly used his hammer to fight Hulk, and he got one, maybe two actual punches on him. Hancock punching him would hurt just as much, probably more.

And the Jotunheim smash is a feat for Mjolnir, not Thor.

It was how casually he blocked it. He noticed it then just sort of brushed it off and went about his business. He's also fast enough to snatch those robbers out of the bank and not be seen as well as having fast enough reaction times at those speeds to accurately snatch them away.

Mindset
Hancock would fly through Thor.

Lord Lucien
Regardless of how fast Thor is, how is he going to hurt Hancock? Is he going to reveal himself to be the same kind of super being as Hancock and fall in love with him?

Psychotron
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Regardless of how fast Thor is, how is he going to hurt Hancock? Is he going to reveal himself to be the same kind of super being as Hancock and fall in love with him?

Well, we know Hancock has a thing for blondes...

Newjak
He mainly used his hammer to fight Hulk, and he got one, maybe two actual punches on him. Hancock punching him would hurt just as much, probably more.

And the Jotunheim smash is a feat for Mjolnir, not Thor.

It was how casually he blocked it. He noticed it then just sort of brushed it off and went about his business. He's also fast enough to snatch those robbers out of the bank and not be seen as well as having fast enough reaction times at those speeds to accurately snatch them away. He also blocked a punch from Hulk using only one arm so it shows he is roughly comparable to Hulk strength wise.

My gut feeling tells me to go with Hancock but I could see Thor making a fight of it.

McNasty996
Originally posted by Newjak
He also blocked a punch from Hulk using only one arm so it shows he is roughly comparable to Hulk strength wise.

My gut feeling tells me to go with Hancock but I could see Thor making a fight of it.

If I remember correctly it took him both arms to block and even then he was still getting overpowered. As the fight went on Thor was getting ragdolled and its clearly shown once the F-22 shows up Thor was being manhandled by that point only getting out once Hulk's attention shifted, so comparing Hulk and Thor in HTH or strength wise isn't that valid. It's Static vs Dynamic

As for the fight I'll give it to Hancock, more durable, faster, and stronger

Robtard
Hancock = completely invulnerable unless around white girls. He wins this.

btw, pretty sure this thread's been done.

Newjak
Originally posted by McNasty996
If I remember correctly it took him both arms to block and even then he was still getting overpowered. As the fight went on Thor was getting ragdolled and its clearly shown once the F-22 shows up Thor was being manhandled by that point only getting out once Hulk's attention shifted, so comparing Hulk and Thor in HTH or strength wise isn't that valid. It's Static vs Dynamic

As for the fight I'll give it to Hancock, more durable, faster, and stronger He blocked it with one arm then he held it in place with two, and Hulk couldn't get his arm back from Thor then hit Thor with the other.

The only time Hulk had the upper hand was in that scene you mentioned right before the F-22 shows up, but no one as fasr as I know is saying Thor is as strong as Hulk but he's comparable.

ares834
He blocked it with one arm then he held it in place with two, and Hulk couldn't get his arm back from Thor then hit Thor with the other.

Lol

Anyway, Hancock wins. He is far faster and far stronger.

McNasty996
He blocked it with one arm then he held it in place with two, and Hulk couldn't get his arm back from Thor then hit Thor with the other.

The only time Hulk had the upper hand was in that scene you mentioned right before the F-22 shows up, but no one as fasr as I know is saying Thor is as strong as Hulk but he's comparable.

It was a downward slam style fist if I remember this correctly and while Thor did block the initial hit with his, the fist was still moving down and then he used his other hand even then it was still going down just struggling more.

Hulk had the upper hand pretty much the entire fight the one good shot Thor got in was when he first got his hammer.

I was just saying that a lot of people are giving Thor feats with his strength via scaling it from Hulk when the two aren't even at the same level.

Newjak
It was a downward slam style fist if I remember this correctly and while Thor did block the initial hit with his, the fist was still moving down and then he used his other hand even then it was still going down just struggling more.

Hulk had the upper hand pretty much the entire fight the one good shot Thor got in was when he first got his hammer for the most part.

I was just saying that a lot of people are giving Thor feats with his strength via scaling it from Hulk when the two aren't even at the same level. No the fist was shaking and you can see the look of surprise on Hulk's face as he couldn't straight over power Thor. Thor grabbed both arms because he was trying to reason with Hulk.

What are you talking about Thor was dominating the match.

He hit Hulk with his hammer, then he dodged Hulk's attacks easily and gave him some painful hits in return.

Hulk only managed to get the upper hand when Thor jumped on his back and Hulk jumped through the ceiling to knock him off.

ares834
No the fist was shaking and you can see the look of surprise on Hulk's face as he couldn't straight over power Thor. Thor grabbed both arms because he was trying to reason with Hulk.

Thor used both arms because Hulk's arm was still moving forward after the initial black... And we don't see Hulk's face until Thor braces with his second arm. Quit lying.

facepalm

NemeBro
Hulk had the upper hand pretty much the entire fight the one good shot Thor got in was when he first got his hammer.

Lolbullshit. Hulk only had the upper hand at the end.

Thor at first was bobbing and weaving, avoiding Hulk's blows, before stopping his fist and trying to reason with him, opening up a cheapshot on Thor. Then, when Thor acquired Mjolnir, he began to dominate Hulk, slamming him backwards and choking him out with his hammer (Which he couldn't do if he didn't have strength in Hulk's weight class, Hulk grabbed Thor's forearms to try and break the hold, but couldn't). It was only at the end did Hulk start getting the upper hand.

Oh, and look carefully. Thor used the one hand to block the slam, he used his other hand to hold Hulk's fist there as he tried to reason with him.

Hancock has exactly zero durability feats to suggest he would be invulnerable to Thor's attacks.

Also, Thor's first punch on Hulk spun him to a full 360 degrees. Yeah but Hulk easily no-sold that right?

It amazes me, how much people downplay Thor in order to wank Hulk.

Robtard

Hancock has exactly zero durability feats to suggest he would be invulnerable to Thor's attacks.

Hancock is invulnerable all full power, you greasy fat ****.

But if you're going to cry that being invulnerable isn't enough, even weakened he took being slammed by a semi truck by someone stronger than him without a scratch.

Hancock does to Hulk what Hulk did to Loki.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
Hancock is invulnerable, you greasy fat ****.

But if you're going to cry that being invulnerable isn't enough, even weakened he took being slammed by a semi truck by someone stronger than him without a scratch. No-limits fallacy.

That means nothing to me. Thor has much more firepower.

Robtard
No-limits fallacy.

That means nothing to me. Thor has much more firepower.

Invulnerability is a power, so cry more. Hancock was never harmed until weakened and he took hits from someone far stronger than Thor.

Like what, some lighting and a shock-wave, or did you mean his tornado trick? LoL, that's going to harm a guy who can survive orbital entry.

Newjak
Thor could have duplicated almost every feat Hancock pulled off in the movies, except for the the speeding bank robber nabbing part, in some form or fashion.

Robtard
Thor could have duplicated almost every feat Hancock pulled off in the movies, except for the the speeding bank robber nabbing part, in some form or fashion.

So Thor in under a day showed he could have flown to the moon and craved a super-massive shape into it? Cos that's Hancock's most impressive; shows ridiculously greater speed and strength than Thor has shown.

ares834
So Thor in under a day showed he could have flown to the moon and craved a super-massive massive shape into it? Cos that's Hancock's most impressive; shows greater speed and strength than Thor has shown.

Duh, he's Thor. He was just always holding back in the movies all the time.

Newjak
So Thor in under a day showed he could have flown to the moon and craved a super-massive massive shape into it? Cos that's Hancock's most impressive; shows ridiculously greater speed and strength than Thor has shown. Possibly yes Jotteheim Buster was quick enough to use. I'm sure he could have caused those over the surface of the moon. Maybe he wouldn't get it done in the same amount of time but he could have done it.

Robtard
Possibly yes Jotteheim Buster was quick enough to use. I'm sure he could have caused those over the surface of the moon. Maybe he wouldn't get it done in the same amount of time but he could have done it.

LoL. Stop wanking Thor.

Newjak
LoL. Stop wanking Thor. How am I wanking Thor he was an extremely powerful individual whose greatest feat was likened to a thermo-nuclear explosion by one of the main people working on the set.

As for the moon feat no one knows how Hancock did it or if he even altered the surface of the moon other than changing the color. Thor could possibly replicate based on the powers he was shown to have.

NemeBro
Invulnerability is a power, so cry more. Hancock was never harmed until weakened and he took hits from someone far stronger than Thor.

Prove either can hit as hard as Thor.

Because the jotunheim smash, the Leviathan buster, physically combatting Hulk, those are above every single feat Hancock performed.

Point out where it was stated by anyone who isn't a fallible character (I don't even know if Mary said this) that Hancock is completely invulnerable.

The Jotunheim smash for one.

And lol, ignorant tool. Atmospheric re-entry would give Hancock a great degree of heat resistance, it is only barely equivelant to possessing classic durability, aka from say, blunt force trauma. Do you think space shuttles can take hits from Thor too?

Hancock could be resistant to the heat of Thor's lightning, that is all that feat proves (And probably not really, lightning is IIRC hotter than the heat one would face with atmospheric re-entry).

Also, lol?

1zaSTt4xRqs

We can clearly see that the structure of the moon under the red paint is intact you tool. "Carved", lol. Lying cretin.

ares834
Still can't fly there.

The Silent Hero
How does fighting the Hulk prove he could fight Hancock? Hancock would make mincemeat out of the Hulk. Besides he didn't really fight him like an equal, for most of the fight he got schooled. He got a few good hits in but for most of the fight he was getting tossed around like a rag doll. Then the jet fighter showed up and he had to duck and hide from simple machine gun fire.

He couldn't even break Iron Man with Mjolnir.

Newjak
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
How does fighting the Hulk prove he could fight Hancock? Hancock would make mincemeat out of the Hulk. Besides he didn't really fight him like an equal, for most of the fight he got schooled. He got a few good hits in but then he was getting tossed around like a rag doll. Then the jet fighter showed up and he had to duck and hide from simple machine gun fire.

He couldn't even break Iron Man with Mjolnir. Most of the fight he was hurting and landing more blows against the Hulk than Hulk was getting on Thor.

And you're right he didn't break Ironman with Mjolnir, Thor was doing it with his bare hands stick out tongue

ares834
Most of the fight he was hurting and landing more blows against the Hulk than Hulk was getting on Thor.

Only one of them had a bloody nose...

Yes, Thor may have landed more hits. Bur when Hulk hit Thor it was far more damaging. Still, saying Thor "got schooled" is wrong.

lilshogun
Hancock is way faster and stronger.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
Only one of them had a bloody nose...

Yes, Thor may have landed more hits. Bur when Hulk hit Thor it was far more damaging. Still, saying Thor "got schooled" is wrong. Hulk had a bloody nose, it is just harder to tell because his blood is green.

KingD19
I only saw he had a bloody nose after that Chitauri bombardment.

ares834
Yeah, I just checked and don't see any Hulk blood in his fight with Thor. In fact, there is a scene right after Thor hits him with the hammer and we see Hulk's face and there is no blood.

Robtard
Prove either can hit as hard as Thor.

Because the jotunheim smash, the Leviathan buster, physically combatting Hulk, those are above every single feat Hancock performed.

Point out where it was stated by anyone who isn't a fallible character (I don't even know if Mary said this) that Hancock is completely invulnerable.

The Jotunheim smash for one.

And lol, ignorant tool. Atmospheric re-entry would give Hancock a great degree of heat resistance, it is only barely equivelant to possessing classic durability, aka from say, blunt force trauma. Do you think space shuttles can take hits from Thor too?

Hancock could be resistant to the heat of Thor's lightning, that is all that feat proves (And probably not really, lightning is IIRC hotter than the heat one would face with atmospheric re-entry).

Also, lol?

1zaSTt4xRqs

We can clearly see that the structure of the moon under the red paint is intact you tool. "Carved", lol. Lying cretin.

Because Hancock > Thor in strength and Mary said she was stronger than Hancock.

Hancock's train feat > Hulk's Leviathan punch by a mile. Hancock didn't move an inch (compared to Hulk's being pushed back several feet) when stopping the train and that train likely had more mass, look how many train-cars are attached: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLRNYIT42ig It's telling how you have to use one of Hulk's feats to try and boost Thor.

The film synopsis says he's invulnerable.

Jotenheim smash is good for breaking crumbling rock, ice and killing Frost Giants who aren't anything like Hancock.

Entering the atmosphere also puts tremendous amounts of pressure. Spacecraft like the space shuttle are specifically designed to absorb and deflect that heat and pressure, they also need to be replaced after one entry. The Space shuttle also couldn't deflect an RPG, but Hancock can. So stop with your nonsense apple-to-oranges comparison, you muppet.

LoL, wut? It's craved, you dicksponge.

McNasty996
No the fist was shaking and you can see the look of surprise on Hulk's face as he couldn't straight over power Thor. Thor grabbed both arms because he was trying to reason with Hulk.

He hit Hulk with his hammer, then he dodged Hulk's attacks easily and gave him some painful hits in return.

Hulk only managed to get the upper hand when Thor jumped on his back and Hulk jumped through the ceiling to knock him off. So, if I want to talk to someone I'm going to use both my hands to grab his one fist while leaving his other completely free to punch me in the teeth

Seems legit

He was dominating so much that he ended up with a bloody nose and had to be saved by an F-22 while Hulk moved on to an actual announce and not a rag doll which is what Thor had become

Lolbullshit. Hulk only had the upper hand at the end.

Thor at first was bobbing and weaving, avoiding Hulk's blows, before stopping his fist and trying to reason with him, opening up a cheapshot on Thor. Then, when Thor acquired Mjolnir, he began to dominate Hulk, slamming him backwards and choking him out with his hammer (Which he couldn't do if he didn't have strength in Hulk's weight class, Hulk grabbed Thor's forearms to try and break the hold, but couldn't). It was only at the end did Hulk start getting the upper hand.

Oh, and look carefully. Thor used the one hand to block the slam, he used his other hand to hold Hulk's fist there as he tried to reason with him.

Also, Thor's first punch on Hulk spun him to a full 360 degrees. Yeah but Hulk easily no-sold that right?

It amazes me, how much people downplay Thor in order to wank Hulk.

So Bobbing and Weaving=Dominating now, thats new, and Thor stopped his fist? You can clearly see his fist was still going and you can't cheap shot once your already in a fight.

Thor hit hulk with two good his with the hammer and one of them was a throw really. And you don't have to be as strong as someone to choke them out, its about leverage. And if the choking was actually working Hulk would have been slowing down and passing, as we saw that wasn't the case.

It ain't downplay if it's true

NemeBro
wrXSEXiw3Vg

1:19

What do you call the smear of dark green under his nose?

Oh and... Look at when Thor blocks the Hulk's slam. Before Hulk punches him, Thor starts to push Hulk's arm up. smile

ares834
It's not blood. It's from the shitty quality of the video. I've got the same shot up on my TV at home where I'm watching the blu-ray and, I can assure you, it's not there.

As for when he pushes Hulk's arm up, he's pushing with his legs.

The Silent Hero
Even in that video you see Thor barely hanging on. He wasn't dominating at all. I'd say he was getting thrashed but at the very least he was struggling. If Hulk gives him trouble, how does he expect to beat Hancock when he flies up in his face and goes h2h?

KingD19
Another problem with Thor is that most of his feats are via Mjolnir.

Fighting Hulk, crushing Iron-Man's gauntlet, fighting Iron-Man. Does he have any other hammerless feats that even compare to Hancocks?

Tossing a Gray Whale hundreds of feet with a casual toss, stopping a fully loaded, mile or more long freight train without even moving, getting smashed with a 17,000+lb truck. Slamming through bull dozers, etc...

ares834
Why does that matter? He has Mjolnir in this thread.

KingD19
I dunno. I might have gotten derailed at some point. Ummm, Hancock wins?

Psychotron
Oh, come on. No selling that train was far, far, far, far more impressive than losing to Hulk. Thor should have been more powerful in both his movie and the Avengers, but he wasn't. Deal with it.

Lord Lucien
What do you call the smear of dark green under his nose? Stubble. It looks green because Hulk is green. He didn't bleed.

Robtard
Here, right after Thor hit him in the face with Mjolnir:

http://imageshack.us/a/img411/1548/hulk2y.png

Link to a 1600x966 version of the pic above for even more clarity: http://imageshack.us/a/img515/9199/hulk1.png

the ninjak
Hancock is basic Superman in regards to feats. Too overpowered and too fast.

Nothing to feel bad about Supes is massively too fast and strong.

We need more feats from Thor.

I'm hoping the new Thor film has Odin bestow Thor with new powers he never had before.
We can only pray.

lilshogun
Hancock will put Loki's head up into Thor's a^%$^%$

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.