Curse Seal Sasuke vs Gaara

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Damborgson
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rqvnYVQkM0I/ScrSeqTJwjI/AAAAAAAAAGI/96trRJHnV0A/s400/Sasuke+Cursed+Mark+Stage+2+face.JPG

vs

http://images.wikia.com/naruto/es/images/2/2a/Gaara_vs_Kimimaro.jpg

Stage 2 part 1 sasuke vs Sasuke retrieval squad gaara.

who wins?

Demonic Phoenix
I just realized how ridiculous that nose mark looks. facepalm2

Anyway, probably Sasuke, assuming his Cursed Seal amp doesn't wear off before he can land a Black Chidori.

Q99
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Anyway, probably Sasuke, assuming his Cursed Seal amp doesn't wear off before he can land a Black Chidori.

Gaara got a lot of strong techniques in the same period, though. Stuff like sand tsunami and his ultimate shield.


I think it still goes to Gaara.

socool8520
Probably Gaara. I don't think that Sasuke has enough power to defeat gaara if he wigs out and brings out Shikaku. Even with stage 2 curse seal.

If there is no Shikaku, then sasuke probably defeats him much the same way he defeated him in the exams.

Astner
Gāra was barely able to defeat Kimimaro—who was significantly less powerful than Sasuke in his second seal release form. Now if you allow Shukaku to interfere then that could tip the odds in Gāra's favor.

cdtm
Originally posted by Astner
Gāra was barely able to defeat Kimimaro—who was significantly less powerful than Sasuke in his second seal release form. Now if you allow Shukaku to interfere then that could tip the odds in Gāra's favor.

Kimimaro actually came back from Gaara's final attack. It was his health that defeated him.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I just realized how ridiculous that nose mark looks. facepalm2



agreed thumb up I personally didn't really like the giant hands that he used as wings sprouting out of his back either...

Astner
Originally posted by cdtm
Kimimaro actually came back from Gaara's final attack. It was his health that defeated him.
Which makes it even worse.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
Gaara got a lot of strong techniques in the same period, though. Stuff like sand tsunami and his ultimate shield.


I think it still goes to Gaara.

Yes, but unless I'm forgetting something, his reactions and sand speed did not noticeably improve, so he'd still have trouble with Sasuke's speed, which will be boosted here.

Originally posted by Damborgson
agreed thumb up I personally didn't really like the giant hands that he used as wings sprouting out of his back either...

They were a little creepy, but I personally didn't mind them.

cdtm
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Yes, but unless I'm forgetting something, his reactions and sand speed did not noticeably improve, so he'd still have trouble with Sasuke's speed, which will be boosted here.

Even Deidara reacted fast enough to keep ahead of it.

For all of his power and awesome attacks, Gaara seems to struggle in 1 vs 1 fights.

socool8520
Originally posted by cdtm
Even Deidara reacted fast enough to keep ahead of it.

For all of his power and awesome attacks, Gaara seems to struggle in 1 vs 1 fights.

Deidara has flight, which gives him quite a bit of range to make up for speed differences. If he was on the ground, I doubt he would be dodging Gaara's attacks as easily.

Astner
Initially I thought the hands-shaped wings were neat. Primarily because I thought Sasuke eventually get a third seal release where his hand-shaped wings would extend to new limbs, looking a bit like Diaboromon's arms.

Yeah, I had some weird ideas as a kid.

cdtm
Originally posted by socool8520
Deidara has flight, which gives him quite a bit of range to make up for speed differences. If he was on the ground, I doubt he would be dodging Gaara's attacks as easily.

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/248/8

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/248/9

socool8520
I assume you proved me wrong but I can't look at those on a government computer. The only site that works for me at the moment is wootmanga. If I'm wrong then meh, Deidara faster than I thought.

cdtm
Originally posted by socool8520
I assume you proved me wrong but I can't look at those on a government computer. The only site that works for me at the moment is wootmanga. If I'm wrong then meh, Deidara faster than I thought.

Will Photobucket scans work? I'll upload them.

cdtm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/chapter248_08.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/chapter248_09.png

socool8520
Yep, it worked. he's a little faster than I thought, but he stilled used the bird to fully escape.

cdtm
Originally posted by socool8520
Yep, it worked. he's a little faster than I thought, but he stilled used the bird to fully escape.

He did. Had to leap at it first, from a squatting position. And that sand looks like it's almost on him.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by cdtm
Even Deidara reacted fast enough to keep ahead of it.


Yeah, and that was beginning of Part 2 Gaara, who should be as fast as, or faster than, end of Part 1 Gaara.

The speed of his sand improved drastically during the course of Part 2, and it was after he lost Shukaku.

Damborgson
Not to mention Deidara isn't slow at all.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Astner
Kimimaro—who was significantly less powerful than Sasuke in his second seal release form

According to what? Sasuke did nothing in the VotE battle that would imply he could put Kimmimaro down.

Furthermore, Gaara actually "defeated" Kimmimaro multiple times. Dude just happened to have a Wolverine-level inability to die. That's a luxury Sasuke lacks.

Zack Fair
Meh. This Sasuke looked so lame. I was faceplaming since the moment I saw the shuriken shaped nose mark and felt like turning off my monitor with the creepy hand wings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.