Amazing Spider-man final issue?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psychotron
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172787-comics-marvel-to-end-the-amazing-spider-man-with-issue-700

Looks like they're gearing up for a reboot.

Psychotron
No opinions on this?

SamZED
Well fcuk...

peejayd
* spoilers on AS #698 are all over the net... ^ this comment above is what i feel about that... not unless it was just a hoax to hype the sales until the transition from AS #700 to Superior Spidey #1... well... let's see...

Bentley
Good he's finally getting an ongoing

Flyattractor
I just read an article on it,and I am not a big spidey fan but the best quote I have read is "The fans are going "Totally Arkham over this"... and I can see why.

My first reactiosn was pure "WTF!!!??"

But yea. I smell reboot or it will pull a "Death of Superman" .

BlackZero30x
says it all imo.

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt240/ScarletSpeed/393088_10151207388932285_1343655046_n_zpsa5ed1b4e.jpg

Kazenji
It was a joke anyway

unless i'm thinking of when he did it to Supermans first apperance.

BlackZero30x
well you can see a grin on his face so more then likely it is a joke but then again so isn't the issue imo

Kazenji
Yeah it is the one where he shreds a Superman comic, Its been photo shopped the one up above and it wasn't Superman's firs appearance that i was thiking it was his death.

Bentley
Ok, I don't get one thing about this final arc.

After Peter totally dies nobody ends up knowing that Connors is inside the Lizard's body, right?

That's some stupid situation if you ask me.

SamZED
Originally posted by Bentley
Ok, I don't get one thing about this final arc.

After Peter totally dies nobody ends up knowing that Connors is inside the Lizard's body, right?

That's some stupid situation if you ask me.
Why does it matter? Also it looks like Morbius will find out in his mini.

Im not nearly as upset as other Spidey fans, what's the big deal? Spider-man isnt even dead, his conscious is still there, that was made clear. So who cares? Give it few months things will get back to normal, in the meantime we get to see a non-holding back Spider-man in action so its a win win.

Imo this story isnt even big enough to be the final issue of ASM. Definitely nowhere near as huge as Marvel is making it out to be.

Bentley
Personally I don't condone plot points that end up being only exposition for the reader, I find it unelegant and as subtle as a hammer. It was only a red herring to make you think Pete was having a different fate, but a pretty uneventful at that.

I don't think that is such a big event either, personally, but I think it was a daring move to up the antagonism between Otto and Pete, they certainly started exploring a relationship that no other villain/hero couple ever explored before... Mmmh, that sounded a bit nasty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.