Ymir vs Silverage Mangog vs Surtur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Ymir w/ coaw

Vs

Mangog

Vs

Surtur w/ TS

Who wins
Fight in Niffleheim

Igniz
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Ymir w/ coaw

Vs

Mangog

Vs

Surtur w/ TS

Who wins
Fight in Niffleheim

I see what you did there shifty

As for this thread, I might go with Surtur on this one.He took on Odin with the twilight sword.And later on, the Asgardian trio.He was wielding crazy power.When he lost the twilight sword due to Thor's lucky shot, that's when Odin was able to grow to the 1000 feet tall warrior that took on Surtur.They fell to Muspelheim afterwards.

Horrificus
Mangog

guy222
surtur

Horrificus
Originally posted by guy222
surtur Howdy guy. How's it going?

Why do you think that Surtur could take Mangog? They have both faced off against Odin and Thor and Mangog has only been harmed one time out of all those battles.

Don't get me wrong, although I think Mangog would win, to be honest I think that Ymir and Surtur SHOULD be pretty much invincible. Due to whom they are, they should almost NEVER get defeated in any way.

Endless Mike
I have a question about Silver Age Mangog, from what I heard people keep saying Odin was afraid of him, but I recall Odin was just pretending to be afraid of him or something, and when he got serious he one-shotted him with magic.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I have a question about Silver Age Mangog, from what I heard people keep saying Odin was afraid of him, but I recall Odin was just pretending to be afraid of him or something, and when he got serious he one-shotted him with magic. No. Odin says over and over, through 2 story arcs, that the only way he was able to stop Mangog in the past, was to seal him off from Asgard. He says that Mangog is unbeatable. There is no hope. Nothing can harm Mangog.

The only ways that Odin has been able to defeat Mangog, has been by blocking him from his power-source, or releasing the race that was imprisoned within him. Neither of which was permanent.

When he released the race of Mangog, he was taking a chance, because up until Odin imprisoned them, they had destroyed a "thousand thousand galaxies" and were going to destroy Asgard. So, if they hadn't been rehabilitated when he released them, it would have just been an equal, or worse danger.

zopzop
Ymir and the CoAW FTMFW!

Horrificus
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I have a question about Silver Age Mangog, from what I heard people keep saying Odin was afraid of him, but I recall Odin was just pretending to be afraid of him or something, and when he got serious he one-shotted him with magic. The "pretending" situation you are talking about, (I think), has to do with Odin trying to save Thor from Mangog in one story.

Odin finds out that Mangog is on the attack again and announces that he is sending Thor and friends on an important mission to find a magic item and save Asgard.

What he really does, is lie to them, so Thor is away when Mangog shows up at the city gates of Asgard. Then, seeing it as the only way to stop Mangog from drawing the Twilight Sword and ending the universe, Odin shunts all of Asgard to another reality, keeping the universe and Thor safe.

Endless Mike
Okay, thank you for the information. I need to read those comics.

Horrificus
no prob

The Merchant
Mangog takes it, seriously that guy was literally invincible. Even a universe buster would do jack.

guy222
Originally posted by Horrificus
Howdy guy. How's it going?

Why do you think that Surtur could take Mangog? They have both faced off against Odin and Thor and Mangog has only been harmed one time out of all those battles.

Don't get me wrong, although I think Mangog would win, to be honest I think that Ymir and Surtur SHOULD be pretty much invincible. Due to whom they are, they should almost NEVER get defeated in any way.

hey good friend

doin great

how u been

u always make good points

remember though, surtur with the sword is as powerful as odin

ymir is surtur's = but imo the sword>casket of ancient winters

i'd say surtur>ymir>mangog

u can give me a call anytime u like

Glorificus
Surtur + Twilight Sword wins.

zopzop
The lowballing of the CoAW's is angering Zopzop!

That freaking thing BFRed Odin and held him helpless until it was repaired. Even Twilight wasn't capable of that, it merely stopped Odin from accessing his full abilities until it was knocked out of his hand by Thor.

Ymir wins via BFR! Haters gonna hate!

Horrificus
Originally posted by zopzop
The lowballing of the CoAW's is angering Zopzop!

That freaking thing BFRed Odin and held him helpless until it was repaired. Even Twilight wasn't capable of that, it merely stopped Odin from accessing his full abilities until it was knocked out of his hand by Thor.

Ymir wins via BFR! Haters gonna hate! Mangog ko'd Odin with one hit. No sickness or weakness. Just regular Odin.
Silver Age Mangog, 2nd story arc.

guy222
zop chill good friend

stick out tongue

zopzop
Mangog ko'd Odin with one hit. No sickness or weakness. Just regular Odin.
Silver Age Mangog, 2nd story arc.
The CoAW's basically did that too and Odin was NEVER breaking out until the Casket was closed. So not only does Mangog have that elite level artifact on his ass, he has a skyfather level elemental being, Ymir, to contend with. I don't see Ymir losing this. That damn casket is just too much.
zop chill good friend

stick out tongue
Nevah!
http://images.zaazu.com/img/Incredible-Hulk-animated-animation-male-smiley-emoticon-000342-large.gif

Horrificus
The CoAW's basically did that too and Odin was NEVER breaking out until the Casket was closed. So not only does Mangog have that elite level artifact on his ass, he has a skyfather level elemental being, Ymir, to contend with. I don't see Ymir losing this. That damn casket is just too much.

Nevah!
http://images.zaazu.com/img/Incredible-Hulk-animated-animation-male-smiley-emoticon-000342-large.gif Don't get me wrong zop, Ymir knows his air conditioners!

But, Mangog was MUCH more powerful than Odin. We probably will never know how Mangog would do against the CoAW, and maybe it would do him in. But strength for strength, power for power, Silver Age Mangog should be able to deal with either of these guys. It's just the way he was written.

guy222

Nevah!
http://images.zaazu.com/img/Incredible-Hulk-animated-animation-male-smiley-emoticon-000342-large.gif

cool

have a good evening

zopzop
Don't get me wrong zop, Ymir knows his air conditioners!

But, Mangog was MUCH more powerful than Odin. We probably will never know how Mangog would do against the CoAW, and maybe it would do him in. But strength for strength, power for power, Silver Age Mangog should be able to deal with either of these guys. It's just the way he was written.
I'd agree with you if the OP said : Ymir vs Mangog vs Surtur on a neutral battlefield. But that's not what was stated. It's Surtur with Twilight vs Ymir with the CoAW vs Mangog. Also look where the fight takes place. This is Ymir's fight to lose.
cool

have a good evening
I'm kidding guy, I'm not really angry stick out tongue

Horrificus
I'd agree with you if the OP said : Ymir vs Mangog vs Surtur on a neutral battlefield. But that's not what was stated. It's Surtur with Twilight vs Ymir with the CoAW vs Mangog. Also look where the fight takes place. This is Ymir's fight to lose.

I'm kidding guy, I'm not really angry stick out tongue Yeah, yer right.

But, then between Ymir and Surtur, what would be the outcome?

zopzop
Yeah, yer right.

But, then between Ymir and Surtur, what would be the outcome?
They "fought" before on neutral ground and it was basically a tie. Surtur had Twilight and Ymir had a generic ice club. Their weapons clashed and they were both BFRed. This happened in an 80s Defender's issue. Dr. Strange basically tped them in front of each other as each was swinging their weapons. This caused a backlash and they were both BFRed from Earth (neutral ground to them both).

I think they "fought" on two other occasions and the outcome was basically the same or something. Maybe Rage or Dam can help me out here.

I give it to Ymir because of the location the fight is taking place in (land of eternal ice and darkness), his personal power, and the Casket.

guy222

I'm kidding guy, I'm not really angry stick out tongue

i know good friend

how's ur sunday

wish the casket would return

zopzop
i know good friend

how's ur sunday

wish the casket would return
Good so far smile

PS does anyone have scans confirming that Ymir created and/or empowers the Casket? I heard a forum member say something to that effect here.

Rage, Dam, or any other Thor fan know?

pym-ftw
I'm trying to find the scan where it is referenced as "The FimbulWinter of Ymir"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.