Magneto VS Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
The old X men movie version, who will win?

KingD19
Dooku. Force Lightning Magneto has no defense against.

Ascendancy
Dooku can also Force Choke him, crush him with the Force, destroy his mind with the Force, etc. Magneto has zero chance.

the ninjak
This has been done before. But in an environment that heavily aided Mags.

What's stoping Mags from on the get go throwing Dooku around like a pinball? Via any metal including the saber.

Force Lightning didn't immediately kill. And Force Chokes didn't stop the victim from concentrating on their target.

KingD19
Originally posted by the ninjak
This has been done before. But in an environment that heavily aided Mags.

What's stoping Mags from on the get go throwing Dooku around like a pinball? Via any metal including the saber.

Force Lightning didn't immediately kill. And Force Chokes didn't stop the victim from concentrating on their target.

Dooku only has the one saber. When he activates it, Magneto will probably just yank it away. Once Dooku realizes he doesn't have his weapon, he'll switch to the Force. Lightning doesn't immediately kill, but I'd like to see Magneto do anything while hundreds of thousands of volts are coursing through his body and cooking him from the inside out.

marwash22
Lightning doesn't do a damn thing to Magne... oh wait, this is the crappy movie version. no expression

KingD19
Yeah. Movie Forum = Movie Version

Movie Version = No shields, and strictly metal manipulation

Movie Version = Magneto loses

The Silent Hero
I'm going with Dooku.

marwash22
Originally posted by KingD19
Movie Version = Magneto loses i have to agree.

Mindset
Yeah. Movie Forum = Movie Version

Movie Version = No shields, and strictly metal manipulation

Movie Version = Magneto loses Magneto could still send the lightsaber handle through Dooku's body.

marwash22
that would result in a tug of war.

marwash22
i was thinking Dooku could win that battle against movie Magneto, but i just remembered that he moved a goddamn bridge... don't think Dooku has a feat better than that using the force.

Mindset
Yea, Dooku isn't winning a tug of war.

KingD19
Originally posted by Mindset
Magneto could still send the lightsaber handle through Dooku's body.

Just about every saber in the movies turn off as soon as they're dropped. Magneto wouldn't automatically know about the switch needing to be held on, so as so as he yanks it away, it turns off. And Dooku is zapping him.

the ninjak
Just about every saber in the movies turn off as soon as they're dropped. Magneto wouldn't automatically know about the switch needing to be held on, so as so as he yanks it away, it turns off. And Dooku is zapping him.

HE never said the light saber would still be on.

The second MAgs sees lightning. The handle and any other metal in the environment will fill Dooku with holes.

KingD19
HE never said the light saber would still be on.

The second MAgs sees lightning. The handle and any other metal in the environment will fill Dooku with holes.

Good point, but I don't think Magneto can move objects faster than the lightning. I could be wrong but I don't think so. And Jedi precog, so Dooku could probably dodge a fair amount or send it off course with the Force.

the ninjak
As I stated earlier. Any metal on Dooku's body will turn him into a human pin ball.

Precog won't stop that. And being a dead bouncing clump of flesh means no more lightning.

KingD19
He didn't have much if any metal aside from his lightsaber. And he wouldn't have a comm link in a fight situation. And the only person Magneto moved around was Wolverine, and that was because he had a metal skeleton. Any other time he threw sh*t at people. And Mystique pumped that one guy full of enough iron for him to escape.

Psychotron
Couldn't Dooku just force push him into a wall and ko him? Magneto is a pretty old dude, I doubt he could take much of a beating.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
Couldn't Dooku just force push him into a wall and ko him? Magneto is a pretty old dude, I doubt he could take much of a beating.

This is true. He's got no shields to protect him. He could Force Blast him pretty quickly.

He easily pushed Anakin at least a dozen feet with a gesture, and before that even his Force Lightning let him pick him up and toss him around.

the ninjak
He didn't have much if any metal aside from his lightsaber. And he wouldn't have a comm link in a fight situation. And the only person Magneto moved around was Wolverine, and that was because he had a metal skeleton. Any other time he threw sh*t at people. And Mystique pumped that one guy full of enough iron for him to escape.

Dooku must have metal on his body beside the saber!

His boots. his belt. ect......

Magneto bounced Mecury balls around a military installation with such control it utterly killed everybody in it and compromised all defenses.

If Dooku goes for force push on the get go.....fair enough Mags can be hurt. But all it takes is a flick of the wrist and Dooku goes flying into the roof!
Force Lightining? Mags takes damage but can still flick his wrist.
If Dooku tries to melee fight Mags it's game over.

Mags wins this. With a flick of the wrist. Mags in the films felt metal from large distances. Could visualize it and manipulate it. Any metal on Dooku's body is Mag's to play with. And Force or Precog won't stop it.

Psychotron
Force lightning would cripple Mags. Anakin (a much younger, healthier force-user) couldn't move after a short burst of Dooku's lightning.

Remember when Dooku crushed the bottom of that metal pillar? Imagine him doing that to Magneto.

Robtard
Force enhanced speed. reflexes and battle-precog allow Doku to attack first. If Dooku doesn't kill or cripple Magneto to the point where he can't form a cohesive thought, Magneto sodomizes Dooku with his own lightsabre.

the ninjak
The Emperor zapped Luke for ages with Force Lightning. And he just reeled from it.

If Dookus' lightning would eviscerate Mags then so be it. Though all Mags needs is a flick of the wrist and Dooku is bounced throughout the battlezone. And no Jedi/Sith can concentrate on Force Lightning whilst being manipulated in such a fashion.

Psychotron
The Emperor zapped Luke for ages with Force Lightning. And he just reeled from it.

If Dookus' lightning would eviscerate Mags then so be it. Though all Mags needs is a flick of the wrist and Dooku is bounced throughout the battlezone. And no Jedi/Sith can concentrate on Force Lightning whilst being manipulated in such a fashion.

The Emperor was torturing Luke, Dooku was trying to take out Anakin.

Whoever attacks first wins this fight, and my money's on the geezer with force speed.

juggerman
The Emperor was torturing Luke, Dooku was trying to take out Anakin.

Whoever attacks first wins this fight, and my money's on the geezer with force speed.

Palpatine tired to kill Luke and was zapping him for a good while before Darth Daddy came to the rescue. And the Luke pretty much just got up and brushed himself off like he was mildly annoyed

the ninjak
Yeah and lightning can be pacified!???

And did Dooku show Force Speed? If he did I'll just plain give up......maybe. smile

Robtard
No, it seemed to be torture, as we'see Emperor glee with enjoyment and we have seen weaker Sith utterly incapacitate someone with a minor blast of Force Lightning.

Psychotron
Originally posted by juggerman
Palpatine tired to kill Luke and was zapping him for a good while before Darth Daddy came to the rescue. And the Luke pretty much just got up and brushed himself off like he was mildly annoyed

Okay. First, it's obvious the Emperor wanted to make Luke suffer. We've seen what an unleashed lightning storm from Sidious can do (Windu) and it's not pretty.

Second. This is Dooku and he has enough feats to suggest he could own Maggy with the Force.

Yeah and lightning can be pacified!???

And did Dooku show Force Speed? If he did I'll just plain give up......maybe. smile

He was toning down the juice.

Dooku out-dueled two young, powerful Jedi with minimal effort and held his own against Yoda's crazy speed and agility. He's clearly faster than Maggy.

Mindset
He's not faster than bullets, which is what Mags is gonna be shooting through his face.

the ninjak
Force Lightning is a arguable force. Luke took it like and stood with next to no permanent damage.

All Mags needs is a flick of the wrist. The same power output that lifted the Golden Gate Bridge. That flipped a semi-truck.

Dooku sending out lightning would result in Magneto flipping Dooku like a pinball. Smashing him against the roof then ground then the roof. Cancelling out the lightning being thrown.

Take it or leave it.

juggerman
Okay. First, it's obvious the Emperor wanted to make Luke suffer. We've seen what an unleashed lightning storm from Sidious can do (Windu) and it's not pretty.

Yeah he was torturing Luke but then he said "and now you die" or some crap like that and proceeded to shock Luke some more. By his own statement he was at that point actively trying to kill Skywalker. The same Skywalker he was just torturing and had to be in a very weakened state at that point.

Palpatine was shocking Luke with the intent to kill him for a good while before Vader stepped in for the save (possibily screaming "NO" at the time)

EDIT: Luke still got up like a child who had been tickled too much. More annoyed than harmed

KingD19
Ninjak, watch Episode 2 and 3. If you hadn't realized, Star Wars is simpler in terms of style and dress. Dooku wore a simple tunic, with leather boots. Nobody really carries metal aside from weapons and comlinks, which handle phoning, currency, computing, and everything else. So the only metal thing he has on him in this fight is his lightsaber.

And say what you want about Palpatine torturing Luke, but in Episode 3, he hit Windu with so much lightning he blasted him hundreds of feet away. Dooku barely zapped Anakin and he actually picked him up and threw him away, he was even smoking and unconscious for a bit, then in obvious pain when he woke up.

Force Push/Force Lightning win it, and Dooku spams them pretty frequently.

As for Luke, he had to survive the assault otherwise it wouldn't have been Star Wars.

Psychotron
Force Lightning is a arguable force. Luke took it like and stood with next to no permanent damage.

All Mags needs is a flick of the wrist. The same power output that lifted the Golden Gate Bridge. That flipped a semi-truck.

Dooku sending out lightning would result in Magneto flipping Dooku like a pinball. Smashing him against the roof then ground then the roof. Cancelling out the lightning being thrown.

Take it or leave it.

Luke took it because he was being tortured. We've seen Sidious own both Windu and Yoda with it. But all that is irrelevan because this is Dooku, not Sidious. Use Dooku's feats.

No, Magneto would be crippled or dead. He can't tank or dodge the lightning.

He's not faster than bullets, which is what Mags is gonna be shooting through his face.

But he is faster than Mags and that's all he needs to be to Force push, crush, choke, or electrocute him.

DARTH POWER

Are you high? Dooku's reflected Force Lightning caused an explosion on a concrete roof.

Jedi have natural force defenses against Force Lightning. And even still Dooku knocked out Anakin pretty quickly with it in AOTC.

So it will fry Magneto pretty instantaneously.

Jedi deflect and dodge Blaster fire all the time. Blaster fire shoots much faster than bullets.

Mindset
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Are you high? Dooku's reflected Force Lightning caused an explosion on a concrete roof.

Jedi have natural force defenses against Force Lightning. And even still Dooku knocked out Anakin pretty quickly with it in AOTC.

So it will fry Magneto pretty instantaneously.

Jedi deflect and dodge Blaster fire all the time. Blaster fire shoots much faster than bullets. They use precog to deflect with their saber, they aren't faster than them.

Jedi have been hit and killed by blasters.

Show me where blasters are faster then bullets.

Doesn't matter, Dooku won't have anything to deflect with since his saber will be going through his face.

Mindset

But he is faster than Mags and that's all he needs to be to Force push, crush, choke, or electrocute him. His moves are no faster than Magneto's moves are to pull off.

mastagambit
The Count takes this.
Magneto has up till now not shown being able to create his magnetic shield.
Force lightening or force push,or even a force choke hold and Mags is done for.

Psychotron
His moves are no faster than Magneto's moves are to pull off.

Yes they are. Check out his fight with Yoda. He's faster than Maggy, deal with it. If he kicks it into high gear it will be over in about 1 second.

Mindset
Yes they are. Check out his fight with Yoda. He's faster than Maggy, deal with it. If he kicks it into high gear it will be over in about 1 second. And it takes less than a second for Mags to raise his hand and send the lightsaber through Dooku's face. erm

KingD19
There's a bit of a time lag between Mag's gestures and when the items are effected.

Mindset
There's a bit of a time lag between Mag's gestures and when the items are effected. No there isn't...you just made that up.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-7201207/x_men_magneto_challenges_xavier/

In fact, this shows he doesn't even need to move his arms. Probably just necessary for large objects.

KingD19
Well I don't remember X1. But good example. I do remember that truck with Juggernaut in it groaning for a few seconds(with the noise of Mag's powers) before flipping over.

But if he does, he doesn't. Still goes down.

Psychotron
No there isn't...you just made that up.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-7201207/x_men_magneto_challenges_xavier/

In fact, this shows he doesn't even need to move his arms. Probably just necessary for large objects.

Technically you don't need to move your arms to use the force either.

DARTH POWER
They use precog to deflect with their saber, they aren't faster than them.

They can deflect but you honestly think they couldn't dodge?

Jedi have been hit and killed by blasters.

Dooku is no ordinary Jedi. And it will be a lot easier to stop attacks coming from all sides when all he has to do stop a single opponent to put an end to it.

Show me where blasters are faster then bullets.

Is this a joke? All lasers move at Light speed. It would not be possible for them to move any slower.

Doesn't matter, Dooku won't have anything to deflect with since his saber will be going through his face.

He can still dodge that attack. And with his pre-cog and superior speed, the chances are he'll attack Magneto first.

KingD19
Blasters aren't lasers. They're directed energy attacks and are indeed slower than bullets, as the Star Wars universe has normal guns called Slugthrowers(slugs = bullets). And a lot of pirates, raiders, etc... use it because Jedi have a harder time blocking them as they're harder to see and move faster.

A skilled Jedi/Sith like Dooku wouldn't have any problem unless he was up against a whole group of people with full auto throwers.

marwash22
surprised it took so long for the SW wank to commence.

STAR WARS CHARACTERS R FTL CUZ DEY BLOCK TEH LEHZAHS! eek!

I miss RJ.

Nephthys
Blasters fire plasma as I recall.

Robtard
Force users aren't FTL, but they're a shit load faster than normal humans.

KingD19
^ Exactly.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Robtard
Force users aren't FTL, but they're a shit load faster than normal humans.

And Magneto is about 70.

Mindset
He only needs to think and the saber will be through Dooku's face 10/10 times.

KingD19
Before he gets force blasted across the room or electricuted?

Mindset
Yup.

Thinking > Thinking + moving.

Now that we're all on the same page, a round of applause.

marwash22
Is Dooku's mo to use his saber first, or to use his force power first?

You can't just say Dooku wins because his force powers are faster than Mags' powers are. If he tends to use his force powers when the fight starts, you have a point, if not, you're scripting.

KingD19
It depends on his opponent. When he first fought Anakin and Obi-Wan, he ignited his saber, but zapped Anakin right off the bat.

When he fought Yoda(a much more impressive opponent), he opened up with force lightning.

And since they know about each other starting off, I think Dooku would start off with the Force.

Nephthys
Originally posted by marwash22
Is Dooku's mo to use his saber first, or to use his force power first?

You can't just say Dooku wins because his force powers are faster than Mags' powers are. If he tends to use his force powers when the fight starts, you have a point, if not, you're scripting.

In AotC he attacks first with lightning against Anakin, O8i-Wan and Yoda.

marwash22
good point about knowing each other. Dooku isn't stupid, so it stands to reason that if he knows that Mags' only form of attack is moving objects, it would make sense for him to start off by trying to crush or throw Mags.Originally posted by Nephthys
In AotC he attacks first with lightning against Anakin, O8i-Wan and Yoda. Dooku wins this then.

Mindset
Nope.Originally posted by Mindset
Yup.

Thinking > Thinking + moving.

Now that we're all on the same page, a round of applause.

Get on the right page, marwash.

Robtard
Just going to have to accept that Saruman WTFpwns Gandalf, again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.