Wolverine vs Samurai Jack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MooCowofJustice
Go crazy. 'cause I'm legit curious.

Battlefield is the bridge where Jack first met the Scotsman, but can be expanded if needed into the lighthouse where Jack fought against the robot ninja. 'cause, those two landmarks are nowhere near each other, but I'm making it so they are.

KingD19
Jack.

cdtm
Jack casually dodges Wolverines clumsy attack (by his standards), sends him flying off the bridge, and continues on his way. big grin

If he "must" fight, he should win pretty easily. Jacks pretty overpowered..

Kazenji
Logan

Blight
People must not read much comics.

Kazenji
What makes Jack so special?

Blight
Originally posted by Kazenji
What makes Jack so special? Nothing in comparison with Wolverine.

Estacado
Jack has been able to cut through adamantium.
There was an episode where he had to fight adamantium robots at first he needed a mechanic arm to make his blows strong enough to cut them to pieces but the arm crippled so he had to kill the last one under his own strenght.
He just cuts Logan into pieces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUoUDBCslnE

MooCowofJustice
How can you say that Adamantium matches Marvel's if it doesn't have anywhere near the same showings?

Estacado
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
How can you say that Adamantium matches Marvel's if it doesn't have anywhere near the same showings?
It was said to be indestructible and that only Jack's sword can cut it.

CosmicComet
If that's the case, why was Jack's metal arm able to punch through theirs?

the ninjak
There have been different versions of Adamantium throughout the years.

That must've been the crappiest of the lot.

Logan wins this.

Estacado
Originally posted by CosmicComet
If that's the case, why was Jack's metal arm able to punch through theirs?
It was also adamantium iirc though I could be wrong its been like 8 years since I saw that.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Estacado
It was also adamantium iirc though I could be wrong its been like 8 years since I saw that.

Adamantium gloves don't allow it's wearer to punch through Adamantium.

Estacado
It's not a simple "glove".none
Oh and the glove was made by the robots creator.

http://samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Ultra-Robots

Blight
Estacado... You must be joking.

Estacado
Originally posted by Blight
Estacado... You must be joking.
It's not like Hulk or Thor didn't bend adamantium before Havok has also melted it......why couldn't a magic sword cut it?

the ninjak
Secondary Adamantium has been bent by Hulk.

And Jack isn't Thor Hulk or Havok.

regardless the Adamantium assumed in the show cannot be assumed to be Primary Adamantium.

Estacado
Originally posted by the ninjak
Secondary Adamantium has been bent by Hulk.

And Jack isn't Thor Hulk or Havok.
He is not but he has a magical sword which can cut through anything.
I mean come on Aku was supposed to be the ultimate evil in Jack's universe and only his sword was able to kill him.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Estacado
He is not but he has a magical sword which can cut through anything.

And Logan can cut through anything as well. And move at speeds that have been nothing but a blur to the eye.

Just because a show states robots having Adamantium doesn't mean they have Primary Adamantium.

But I am intrigued by the magical enchantment Jack has.
Is this a speed off?

cdtm
And Logan can cut through anything as well. And move at speeds that have been nothing but a blur to the eye.

Team Logan will counter with "So has Wolverine" wink

One thing Logan hasn't done, is catch a bullet, or dodge a bullet (He dodges a gunmans aim. Moves just ahead of where they fire. He does not dodge an actual bullet, after it's fired and obviously about the hit him.. And if he has, so far no one's posted an example, and his respect thread has no such examples.)

Jack, on the other hand, casually blocks automatic machinegun fire. He's >>> Daredevil and Iron Fist, who are both > Wolverine on bullet feats.

the ninjak
Originally posted by cdtm

One thing Logan hasn't done, is catch a bullet, or dodge a bullet (He dodges a gunmans aim. Moves just ahead of where they fire. He does not dodge an actual bullet, after it's fired and obviously about the hit him.. And if he has, so far no one's posted an example, and his respect thread has no such examples.)

Jack, on the other hand, casually blocks automatic machinegun fire. He's >>> Daredevil and Iron Fist, who are both > Wolverine on bullet feats.

I agree.

So do you believe Jack would slice Logan's bones in twain?

cdtm
I agree.

So do you believe Jack would slice Logan's bones in twain?

No way.

Jacks sword isn't cutting adamantium. (And the term adamant is a generic word for really hard substance.. Just because SJ called it something similar, doesn't make it adamantium. big grin )

IMO, the sword should withstand adamantium though.. Weaker substances have in the past, and Jacks sword is a pretty durable metal, that's been forged by three skyfather level beings and designed to defeat a fragment of a universal evil. Has really impressive cutting feats, too.

XanatosForever
I'd say Jack wins via KO. Has Logan regrown pieces of anatomy that were removed entirely? If not, Jack could potentially flay his tendons out and leave him unable to move.

the ninjak
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I'd say Jack wins via KO. Has Logan regrown pieces of anatomy that were removed entirely? If not, Jack could potentially flay his tendons out and leave him unable to move.

I don't know what you're on about but Logan had himself blown to smithereens. And returned within a few pagess during the Civil War arc whilst fighting Nitro.
He also regained organs whilst fighting a demon possessed mime when he got his HF back after he lost it to Magneto. The mime was slashing at such a rate that Logan could heal them faster than he could cut them.
And considering the bones Jack just wont cut it.

Nephthys
I don't know what you're on about but Logan had himself blown to smithereens. And returned within a few pagess during the Civil War arc whilst fighting Nitro.
He also regained organs whilst fighting a demon possessed mime when he got his HF back after he lost it to Magneto. The mime was slashing at such a rate that Logan could heal them faster than he could cut them.
And considering the bones Jack just wont cut it.

From what I recall from browsing the Comic forums, Logan's Healing Factor has been nerfed since the Nitro fight.

KingD19
He no longer has that deal with the Angel of Death.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Nephthys
From what I recall from browsing the Comic forums, Logan's Healing Factor has been nerfed since the Nitro fight.

Well ain't I the lucky guy.

BruceSkywalker
Logan takes out Jack for beer before Logan beats him up

KingD19
Logan's not skilled enough to fight Jack.

NemeBro
People must not read much comics. Actually the problem is simple.

You don't know Jack. estahuh

Jack resisted being crushed by a 700 ton sumo, he could leap hundreds of feet while carrying boulders, he routinely matches and defeats a character who can blow up cities with eye lasers and is the meteor that killed the dinosaurs, he is fast enough to casually dodge and block machine-gun fire with his sword, and has survived atmospheric re-entry and the landing.

You really don't know Jack.

Tzeentch._
Jack will lose once Logan gets rid of his shoes.

KingD19
He also got his face shoved into a mountainside while he was falling down it. So hard that it made Sparks. Logan doesn't have what it takes to put him down.

Kazenji
Originally posted by KingD19
He also got his face shoved into a mountainside while he was falling down it. So hard that it made Sparks. Logan doesn't have what it takes to put him down.

Keep dreaming......

Logan has taken on most of his rogues all by himself and won and also knows 18 styles of Kung Fu.

NemeBro
Jack could disembowel Wolverine with his own claws if he wanted to.

Kazenji
You wish.

Blight
If Jack can do all those things described, I think Logan has a tough time winning this. As of now I give Jack the win 7/10.

Kazenji

One thing Logan hasn't done, is catch a bullet, or dodge a bullet (He dodges a gunmans aim.

From what i've gathered he can do that

he cut an advanced rocket power dart out of the air with ease........as well as dodged lasers......deflected advanced power darts.....bullets ect.

NemeBro
Frankly he could put a boulder on top of Wolverine and just leave him there, if killing him is such a problem.

Robtard
Jack wtfstomps. Cartoony feats wins.

the ninjak
Looney Tunes always win fights.

MooCowofJustice
Whoa, do I smell some Wolverine fanboys?

XanatosForever
Looney Tunes always win fights.

Actually, a majority of Jack's feats are played straight, as the series does have a sense of mortality. Sure, he has some silly stuff go on, cartoons tend to have it happen from time to time, but for the most part everything Jack's done has been in a serious tone, and established in canon as he demonstrates previously learned abilities in later episodes.

the ninjak
Actually, a majority of Jack's feats are played straight, as the series does have a sense of mortality. Sure, he has some silly stuff go on, cartoons tend to have it happen from time to time, but for the most part everything Jack's done has been in a serious tone, and established in canon as he demonstrates previously learned abilities in later episodes.

Cmon!

Originally posted by NemeBro
Jack resisted being crushed by a 700 ton sumo, he could leap hundreds of feet while carrying boulders, he routinely matches and defeats a character who can blow up cities with eye lasers and is the meteor that killed the dinosaurs, he is fast enough to casually dodge and block machine-gun fire with his sword, and has survived atmospheric re-entry and the landing.

He's a freakin Looney Tune. Just a very stylized one.

XanatosForever
The boulder feat is being misremembered unless I missed later episodes that demonstrated it.

He has in fact moved with large boulders tied to his legs and carrying an even larger boulder on his back. He could not leap hundreds of feet in the air while so encumbered, but he was eventually able to move comfortably under the weight. This is because it was training, and once the boulders were removed, he was able to leap hundreds of feet into the air casually. He would demonstrate the ability in later episodes, further cementing that it was definitive progression for the character.

Looney Tunes wouldn't need training like that.

the ninjak
Looney Tunes show strain under weight. And under any given moment can overwhelm it.

Whether Jack required training or not. It's absurd. He defies physics on a logical scale.

XanatosForever
And comics don't? Wolverine being able to even move under his own weight isn't putting a dunce cap on logic and sending it to the corner? It's all absurd, let's not kid ourselves.

the ninjak
I'm not.

Logan recently stood his ground whilst a truck/ute crashed into him. The engine and front bumper crushed forward whilst he stood his ground on a highway. Logan has a degree of super strength. He always did.

Such a feat is impossible unless the guy has the strength to do it. Which he does. But the soles of his shoes should've given way and flipped him over the cars roof.

But Jack's feats are more absurd. Pushing him into Looney Tunes category.

cdtm
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Jack will lose once Logan gets rid of his shoes.

laughing

AuraAngel
But Jack's feats are more absurd. Pushing him into Looney Tunes category.

You can find feats that are far more absurd and yet played completely straight.

cdtm
Originally posted by AuraAngel
You can find feats that are far more absurd and yet played completely straight.

The thing about Jack, is he was modeled after the "epic hero" who did whatever they needed to do. One day he'll struggle with a relatively light weight, and the next he'll handle it with ease. That's usually considered "PIS", but mythic heroes did this stuff all the time.. Their power levels fluctuated to fit the story, because they didn't think about power levels or consistency. The only thing that mattered, was making an epic story that would wow the audience, along with making characters people care about..

Think "Paul Bunyan" or "Davey Crockett" tall tales. Or even Chuck Norris memes. big grin

Kazenji
Whoa, do I smell some Wolverine fanboys?

Clearly you haven't read any of Wolverine related books.

NemeBro
Looney Tunes show strain under weight. And under any given moment can overwhelm it.

Whether Jack required training or not. It's absurd. He defies physics on a logical scale. Compared to comics, where there exists a character who can shatter glaciers and toss Ultraman out of a solar system, yet has the audacity to call himself a peak human?

Jack is just a much less absurd and powerful Karate Kid.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Kazenji
Clearly you haven't read any of Wolverine related books.

I haven't. But that was more in response to the "toon" comment from the other two posters. They sounded like butthurt to me, but I wasn't sure. Still not sure, either.

the ninjak
I haven't. But that was more in response to the "toon" comment from the other two posters. They sounded like butthurt to me, but I wasn't sure. Still not sure, either.

I've always said "Looney Tunes win fights" It's kind of a statement I invented a while back and it's intent is jest in nature.

No reason to get defensive or over analytical over it. There's no butthurt here, it's not my style.

I haven't seen every ep of Samurai Jack. But such characters tend to pull insane feats out of their asses to eviscerate their enemies.
Sometimes they have hard times against common foes then they defeat much more threatening ones.

We need to look at real feats and compare. For instance someone stated Jack survived reentry form Earth's orbit and landed feeling fine. What was the situation behind that?

MooCowofJustice
I don't think all of Jack's great feats are as random as the orbit fall might have been. For example, his jump training where he ran with the boulder was built up to, explained by the tribe of monkeys that Jack met in the forest who were also capable of jumping like that.

But Jack had been blatantly superhuman since the start of his series. You don't slay an army on your own as one regular man.

XanatosForever
I've always said "Looney Tunes win fights" It's kind of a statement I invented a while back and it's intent is jest in nature.

No reason to get defensive or over analytical over it. There's no butthurt here, it's not my style.

I haven't seen every ep of Samurai Jack. But such characters tend to pull insane feats out of their asses to eviscerate their enemies.
Sometimes they have hard times against common foes then they defeat much more threatening ones.

We need to look at real feats and compare. For instance someone stated Jack survived reentry form Earth's orbit and landed feeling fine. What was the situation behind that?

It was an episode where he came across a group that was trying to escape the planet by building a rocket. Jack aided in protecting them from Aku's forces. They fitted him with a rocket suit and he rode on the rocket with them. Once in space he had to fly out and handle another wave of robots. The original premise was their entering hyperspace would let Jack return to his own time. He opted to defend the rocket to ensure its safety. After it departed, Jack fell back to the planet. The final panel is of Jack walking off into the woods with the destroyed spacesuit in the foreground.

Robtard
L-LyFMCIpok

srankmissingnin
Wolverine stomps. Jack got beat down by a DJ. cool

XanatosForever
haermm Classic.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine stomps. Jack got beat down by a DJ. cool

Lowballing much?

srankmissingnin
haermm Classic.

Lowballing much?

Nope.

Low balling would be for example if someone thought that Samurai Jack universe's version of Adamantium had any sort of correlation with Marvel's outside of the name, and tried to use examples of Jack cutting his featless nothing metal and leverage it against the real thing.

Jack doesn't have the feats to throw down with Wolverine and not end up a greasy smudge on the ground in short order.

XanatosForever
no expression The metal isn't featless, though. It's got durability. Jack's sword has consistently shown the capability to cut through a great number of things an ordinary sword couldn't, and prior to his amp, it couldn't harm the adamant warriors.

I wouldn't be surprised if you'd be right on the last statement, though. It's too bad Genndy couldn't continue the series.

the ninjak
The Scot so freakin awesome!

It was an episode where he came across a group that was trying to escape the planet by building a rocket. Jack aided in protecting them from Aku's forces. They fitted him with a rocket suit and he rode on the rocket with them. Once in space he had to fly out and handle another wave of robots. The original premise was their entering hyperspace would let Jack return to his own time. He opted to defend the rocket to ensure its safety. After it departed, Jack fell back to the planet. The final panel is of Jack walking off into the woods with the destroyed spacesuit in the foreground.

Yeah that feat is insane. He should've squished like a tomato thrown against a wall. It's stuff like that that initiated my LToon quote.
I'm aware that Jack is a legendary warrior that no doubt has ordained superhuman abilities. But a feat like that is high end Hulk personally.

NemeBro
High-end Hulk punches She-Rulk and destroys planets with the shockwave. no expression

That isn't a high-end Hulk level feat.

Nope.

Low balling would be for example if someone thought that Samurai Jack universe's version of Adamantium had any sort of correlation with Marvel's outside of the name, and tried to use examples of Jack cutting his featless nothing metal and leverage it against the real thing.

Jack doesn't have the feats to throw down with Wolverine and not end up a greasy smudge on the ground in short order.

Blublublublub.

I'm sorry, but I already won this thread the moment the Logantards became too butthurt to respond to Jack with actual consistent feats (Or feats at all) and just took to shouting "Wolverine wins"!

Spiderman has tooled Wolverine. Jack is both stronger and faster than Spiderman.

the ninjak
High-end Hulk punches She-Rulk and destroys planets with the shockwave. no expression

Hulk entering orbit and smashing against the ground then rising and walking away is high end anything Bro.

Blublublublub.

I'm sorry, but I already won this thread the moment the Logantards became too butthurt to respond to Jack with actual consistent feats (Or feats at all) and just took to shouting "Wolverine wins"!

Spiderman has tooled Wolverine. Jack is both stronger and faster than Spiderman.

Lame. Spidey has defeating/webbing up Logan will always be circumstantial to Logan's highend feats!

Logan has moved at blitz speeds. Has entered the ground and burst out flying.
Has out sped and skilled characters that sliced ligaments of their opponents faster than they could process thought.....Deadpool for instance.

Nephthys
He's also gotten his ass kicked 8y a deer.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2532/836817-wolverineelklz2_super.jpg

the ninjak
I call bullshit! And Jack is full of it. big grin

Newjak
Jack wins, Wolverine might be hard to put down but Jack will do it.

NemeBro
Hulk entering orbit and smashing against the ground then rising and walking away is high end anything Bro.

Not really. That's basic Hulk capability. I'd bet Thing could manage it easily.

Spiderman>Logan. I am just saying.

Vague and means nothing to me.

Kay.

Jack is much faster than thought.

Thought isn't really that fast frankly.

the ninjak
Not really. That's basic Hulk capability. I'd bet Thing could manage it easily.
Good for Thing.

Spiderman>Logan. I am just saying.
Ahhh the classic debate. Spidey vs Logan. I agree Spidey has a degree of an advantage. But only barely.

Vague and means nothing to me.

He ran through Hand Ninja like a spirit recently. Carving their guts up real good. If you want scans I'll start the search.

Kay.

He did it against DANGER when the X-Men first fought it in Astonishing X-men. Has Jack ever done such a feat?

Jack is much faster than thought.

Thought isn't really that fast frankly.

Agreed yet Logan has defeated foes that can slice and dice faster than such.

Jack can't kill or KO Logan. Jack can't cut through the Adamantium. Logan has been outskilled by samurai before and still defeated them due to his basic stats.

KingD19
If we want to lowball, Logan got kicked from California to Georgia(the one next to Russia) by Gorgon. Who has no speed feats even near Wolverine.

He got punched over the state line by Skaar(again, nowhere near as fast as Logan)

He got punched into Orbit by Jaaf, he should have been able to dodge it since he has no speed feats.

The Scenario
dW388fVt_14

I'll try and find some other videos.

Robtard
He's also gotten his ass kicked 8y a deer.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2532/836817-wolverineelklz2_super.jpg

LoL, Logan was trying to assrape that stag and got his ass punted for it. What a total douche.

Nephthys
Well it gets lonely up in the mountains. Sometimes that stag starts to look mighty appealing you know what I mean.

KingD19
Cigars and Beers aren't f*ckable.

Robtard
Cigars and Beers aren't f*ckable.

Former President Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky beg to differ on the former.

KingD19
Touche good sir...touche.

srankmissingnin

Blublublublub.

As opposed to all the Jack feats cited in this thread? dur

Wolverine has also "tooled" Spider-man also, who - for the record - is both stronger and faster than Jack. Just FYI.

This is a spite thread, Jack doesn't match up against Wolverine.

Nevan
surviving re-entry isn't really that impressive

Nephthys
Damn straight. I pull that shit all the time.

mastagambit
The Samurai takes this.
Remember that episode when he fought this robot and he had to power up his sword to slice him.
I picture him slicing Logan straight down the middle.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by mastagambit
The Samurai takes this.
Remember that episode when he fought this robot and he had to power up his sword to slice him.
I picture him slicing Logan straight down the middle.

facepalm

Wolverine's skeleton is a billion times more durable than those robots...

cdtm
I agree.

The "divine intervention" technique might cut even true adamantium, being a Skyfather power up, but he only used it once in the entire series..

The Scenario
As opposed to all the Jack feats cited in this thread? dur

More than I've seen posted for Wolverine, at least.

I disagree.

Anyway, since finding youtube videos of Samurai Jack that aren't music videos is basically impossible, I'll just go through this thread and cite episode titles that said feats appear in. It should be easy enough to find the episodes.

Jack resisted being crushed by a 700 ton sumo,

Happens in Jack and the Smackback.

he could leap hundreds of feet while carrying boulders,

This is Jack learns to Jump Good. He also sprints, does pushups, and does other acrobatics with the boulders.

he routinely matches and defeats a character who can blow up cities with eye lasers and is the meteor that killed the dinosaurs,

Referring to Aku, and both of these happen in The Birth of Evil. References to Aku destroying cities also happen in Jack and the Lava Monster and Jack and the Warrior Woman, IIRC.

he is fast enough to casually dodge and block machine-gun fire with his sword,

Any episode that features a gun will have Jack either dodging or blocking it. It's tough to point to a specific one. Jack and the Ultra Robots, The Good, the Bad, and the Beautiful, and I think some of the Scotsman episodes should have good enough examples.

and has survived atmospheric re-entry and the landing.

Jack in Space. I believe Jack deflects a laser at one point, as well.

I'm also going to recommend Jack and the Haunted House, Samurai vs. Ninja, and The Tale of X-9 just because.

cdtm
Originally posted by The Scenario

I disagree.

Anyway, since finding youtube videos of Samurai Jack that aren't music videos is basically impossible, I'll just go through this thread and cite episode titles that said feats appear in. It should be easy enough to find the episodes.

This is Jack learns to Jump Good. He also sprints, does pushups, and does other acrobatics with the boulders.

Referring to Aku, and both of these happen in The Birth of Evil. References to Aku destroying cities also happen in Jack and the Lava Monster and Jack and the Warrior Woman, IIRC.

Any episode that features a gun will have Jack either dodging or blocking it. It's tough to point to a specific one. Jack and the Ultra Robots, The Good, the Bad, and the Beautiful, and I think some of the Scotsman episodes should have good enough examples.

I'm also going to recommend Jack and the Haunted House, Samurai vs. Ninja, and The Tale of X-9 just because.

Nice work. http://a1-wrestling.com/forum/Smileys/default/drink_mini.gif

Jack has more feats cited in a few pages than your comic book favorite has in 50.

mastagambit
facepalm

Wolverine's skeleton is a billion times more durable than those robots...

...and the robots were the strongest in his universe. wink

srankmissingnin

I disagree.

I'm aware of all those... which of those examples do you feel like paints the picture that Jack stands a chance in hell of contending with Wolverine?

I'll do more in depth rebuttal after RAW.

...and the robots were the strongest in his universe. wink

Which should paint a pretty clear difference between the astronomical difference in scope and power between Jack's universe and Marvel's... the Mandroid's are more formidable than those things.

mastagambit
I think people are over hyping Wolverine's adamantium skeleton.
It's NOT unbreakable or indestructible.

AuraAngel
So yeah, Jack wins based on the arguments.

Nephthys
As in, he has some?

srankmissingnin
I think people are over hyping Wolverine's adamantium skeleton.
It's NOT unbreakable or indestructible.

Outside of matter manipulation, yes it is.

KingD19
I'm aware of all those... which of those examples do you feel like paints the picture that Jack stands a chance in hell of contending with Wolverine?

I'll do more in depth rebuttal after RAW.

Which should paint a pretty clear difference between the astronomical difference in scope and power between Jack's universe and Marvel's... the Mandroid's are more formidable than those things.

Considering it took one of the smartest men in existence to create an arm to amplify his strength so much that it could cut through what he rightfully claimed to be indestructible metal(as Jack's sword combined with his strength couldn't cut them, but had easily cut everything else before and after), it's a nice feat. And to finish the final one, several gods had to bless it.

AuraAngel
As in, he has some?

I at least hoped someone would explain the mother ****ing dear thing you posted. haermm

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by AuraAngel
I at least hoped someone would explain the mother ****ing dear thing you posted. haermm

Wolverine was training Earth Mover to respect nature, and faked him out tricking him into thinking the dear koed him when he was fine. It's a nothing example that gets posted by people who don't read comics and have no concept of the context the example took place in.

cdtm

Blocking machinegun fire. (Speed feats far above Spidey, let alone Wolverine.)

Surviving a 700 ton press slam. (Wolverine only does this on his adamantium skeleton and healing factor.. Jack did it on sheer durability. Spiderman would have died.)

Performing acrobatics with giant boulders strapped to his back. (Wolverines been pinned under similar boulders)

Wolverine can't even handle Gorgon with Elektra backing him up, barely beating him by catching him with his own stone stare, and Jack has better feats than Gorgon does.

Robtard
Samurai Jack > Stryker. /fact

Stryker shot through Logan's adamantium skull with an adamantium bullet. /fact

Samurai Jack's enchanted sword > adamantium bullet. /fact

Conclusion: Samurai Jack > Logan

Nephthys
Wolverine was training Earth Mover to respect nature, and faked him out tricking him into thinking the dear koed him when he was fine. It's a nothing example that gets posted by people who don't read comics and have no concept of the context the example took place in.

He's also got beat up by a panda as I recall. mmm

srankmissingnin
Blocking machinegun fire. (Speed feats far above Spidey, let alone Wolverine.)

Surviving a 700 ton press slam. (Wolverine only does this on his adamantium skeleton and healing factor.. Jack did it on sheer durability. Spiderman would have died.)

Performing acrobatics with giant boulders strapped to his back. (Wolverines been pinned under similar boulders)

Wolverine can't even handle Gorgon with Elektra backing him up, barely beating him by catching him with his own stone stare, and Jack has better feats than Gorgon does.

Blocking machine gun fire! zomg!!!! Congrats he's as fast as Gambit... who is slower than both Wolverine and Spider-man.

Spider-man's been crushed under hundreds of tons of metal, concrete and various debris on more than one occasion.

Jack didn't perform acrobatics with a giant boulder on his back. He could barely move, climbed a vine robe, then took the boulder off and jumped super far. Wolverine has hundred feet lunges under his belt and he didn't need weight training to do it.

Gorgon would rage stomp Jack. facepalm

srankmissingnin
He's also got beat up by a panda as I recall. mmm

That was Ultimate Wolverine, and it wasn't even a real Panda, it was his spirit animal on the astral plane.

facepalm

The Scenario
Jack didn't perform acrobatics with a giant boulder on his back. He could barely move, climbed a vine robe, then took the boulder off and jumped super far. Wolverine has hundred feet lunges under his belt and he didn't need weight training to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RTjUeRNnQA#t=1m35

Mute the audio.

AuraAngel

Mute the audio.

What if we don't wanna?

srankmissingnin

Mute the audio.

That was a bit better than I remember, but not Spider-man level.

Wolverine has climbed a mountain and swam up rapids against the current with an 1800lbs concert grand piano on his back. That's probably about 1/3th the weight of the boulder Jake has on his back, but more difficult feats (other than balance) accomplished under the weight.

KingD19
Was it a grand, or babygrand?

And to jump with that boulder(so heavy it shook the surrounding area when it fell only a few inches) like Jack jumped. Flipping between trees and stuff. I think that's better.

srankmissingnin
Was it a grand, or babygrand?

And to jump with that boulder(so heavy it shook the surrounding area when it fell only a few inches) like Jack jumped. Flipping between trees and stuff. I think that's better.

Full sized concert grand.

I disagree.

Robtard
A boulder that size would easily be in the 2+ ton range.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Robtard
A boulder that size would easily be in the 2+ ton range.

At least 3 I would think.

KingD19
Well a full concert grand doesn't even weigh a ton. And Jack like I said was not only keeping perfect balance on a vine, but flipping dozens of feet through and off trees without any effort. That feat is better imo.

srankmissingnin
Well a full concert grand doesn't even weigh a ton. And Jack like I said was not only keeping perfect balance on a vine, but flipping dozens of feet through and off trees without any effort. That feat is better imo.

I'm aware. It's probably about a third of the weight Jack was carrying, but what he did with it was more impressive IMO. Swimming against the tide of a white water rapid while towing an 1800lbs concert grand piano is an amazing feat of strength. More impressive by my estimation than the two flips Jack did, but it's all subjective I guess.

KingD19
Not 1800. Concert grands on average weigh around 490 kilos according to what I could find. And that translates to 1080lbs, not 1800. Biiig difference.

CosmicComet
Jack's feat is superior. He moved with casual ease with a much heavier item strapped to his back.

Wolverine did not move with casual ease.

Here's 100 ton boulder;
http://art-for-a-change.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/vallen_levitated_mass.jpg

I'd say Jack's boulder would be 1/10 of that weight.

The Scenario
Given the weight of his skeleton, Wolverine shouldn't even be able to swim normally. Though a wooden piano may or may not help him float, the amount of surface area it adds for the water to press against would carry him away no matter how hard he swatted the water.

Only way that feat should be possible is if he was touching the ground for it, but even then it's a little wonky. Jack's feats aren't much better, but I just have trouble picturing how the river feat would even work.

Edit: Not trying to debunk it, mind you. I'm just not sure what to make of it.

srankmissingnin
Not 1800. Concert grands on average weigh around 490 kilos according to what I could find. And that translates to 1080lbs, not 1800. Biiig difference.

There is a big difference in the size of piano. The Wolverine is carrying looks like it is 10-12 foot monster based on it's dimensions compared to Wolverine's height, plus the legs where still attached. It's a 1400-1800lbs piano.

cdtm
Blocking machine gun fire! zomg!!!! Congrats he's as fast as Gambit... who is slower than both Wolverine and Spider-man. facepalm

Could gambit, Wolverine, or even Spidey do this? (Note the drop of water)

dW388fVt_14

One of his most iconic feats. big grin

srankmissingnin
Could gambit, Wolverine, or even Spidey do this? (Note the drop of water)

dW388fVt_14

One of his most iconic feats. big grin

How am I even supposed to quantify that? We have no idea how far the water drop was from the ground, but it must have been pretty freaking high up, because one of those attackers threw caltrops at Jack... and gravity seemed to be working at real time there.

Wolverine once lit up two cigars, held them a shoulder level, dropped them, blitzed three training dummies in the danger room (he was training Kitty in the arts of Krav Maga), and caught the cigars which had barely even started falling to earth.

And yes Spider-man could do that.

cdtm
The waters from the ice hanging from the roof of the place the bounty hunters were shaking up at.

The female assassin was shown training there earlier in the episode, splitting the water drops in two.

srankmissingnin
The waters from the ice hanging from the roof of the place the bounty hunters were shaking up at.

The female assassin was shown training there earlier in the episode, splitting the water drops in two.

Then gravity isn't a constant in this universe and the feat is useless. Several objects (and people) are shown falling in the fight scene Jack had at a much faster pace than the water drop... which makes no sense.

cdtm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbzHE5IEn3s&t=16m32s

16:32 is where she's training, if this link doesn't take you right there.

srankmissingnin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbzHE5IEn3s&t=16m32s

16:32 is where she's training, if this link doesn't take you right there.

"Several objects (and people) are shown falling in the fight scene Jack had at a much faster pace than the water drop... which makes no sense."

cdtm
Then gravity isn't a constant in this universe and the feat is useless. Several objects (and people) are shown falling in the fight scene Jack had at a much faster pace than the water drop... which makes no sense.

It's mostly objects thrown by the bounty hunters or jack, though. Stands to reason if they're defying speed physics, anything thrown directly by them would as well.

When Jack kicks one of the bounty hunters, notice how his falling is happening in slow motion, vs the speed of objects directly pulled/thrown.

srankmissingnin
It's mostly objects thrown by the bounty hunters or jack, though. Stands to reason if they're defying speed physics, anything thrown directly by them would as well.

When Jack kicks one of the bounty hunters, notice how his falling is happening in slow motion, vs the speed of objects directly pulled/thrown.

The bounty hunter falls in slow mo only in the super slow mo view where Jack is completely motionless, but he still falls a substantial way to the ground in that slow mo scene and that only represents fraction of a second of the actual fight scene. Really the scene is nonsense, people and objects are falling to earth due to gravity faster than the water drop.

srankmissingnin
Given the weight of his skeleton, Wolverine shouldn't even be able to swim normally. Though a wooden piano may or may not help him float, the amount of surface area it adds for the water to press against would carry him away no matter how hard he swatted the water.

Only way that feat should be possible is if he was touching the ground for it, but even then it's a little wonky. Jack's feats aren't much better, but I just have trouble picturing how the river feat would even work.

Edit: Not trying to debunk it, mind you. I'm just not sure what to make of it.

Here's the page:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/Wolverine_piano_02.jpg

Wolverine is even shown supporting the weight with just one arm in the bottom while climbing the mountain.

NemeBro
That was a bit better than I remember, but not Spider-man level. It was at roughly this point where everyone should have stomped taking you seriously.

Spiderman's current strength is sufficient to merely lift that boulder (Three tons my ass, that boulder was closer to the ten ton range), Jack could jump dozens of meters with it on his back casually.

Jack lifted a 700 ton sumo off his back from an awkward position. Spiderman couldn't manage this feat.

Jack has survived orbital re-entry. Spiderman couldn't manage this feat.

And Spiderman has to struggle to catch bullets, Jack deflects machinegun fire from futuristic miniguns casually.

Also, he matches muscles with the Scotsman, who can toss sci-fi tanks with enough force to make them explode.

Jack tools Wolverine, I'm sorry.

srankmissingnin
It was at roughly this point where everyone should have stomped taking you seriously.

Spiderman's current strength is sufficient to merely lift that boulder (Three tons my ass, that boulder was closer to the ten ton range), Jack could jump dozens of meters with it on his back casually.

Jack lifted a 700 ton sumo off his back from an awkward position. Spiderman couldn't manage this feat.

Jack has survived orbital re-entry. Spiderman couldn't manage this feat.

And Spiderman has to struggle to catch bullets, Jack deflects machinegun fire from futuristic miniguns casually.

Also, he matches muscles with the Scotsman, who can toss sci-fi tanks with enough force to make them explode.

Jack tools Wolverine, I'm sorry.

10 tons? LMAO. You should change your screen name to Plastic Man if you are going to reach that far. Spider-man is class 20, with dozens of feats in the 30-50 ton range and a above.

Jack never lifted 700 ton sumo off his back, he tickled him. Awesome? And while we are gripping on weight of objects, there is no way that guy weighted any where near 700 tons. That was hyperbole if there was such a thing.

Jack survived orbital re-entry with a specialized armor. Spider-man could do the same thing if you throw him into one of Stark's suits... and that would be equally as irrelevant as the Jack example.

Spider-man struggles to catch bullets because he isn't bullet proof, it's not a limitation of his speed. If you gave him a blunt instrument or a sword, he would bat bullets away with far greater ease.

Spider-man has tossed around tanks himself, and those aren't even his best feats...

Wolverine would wreck Samurai Jack. Even if he wasn't faster, more skilled and could one shot Jack, Wolverine's healing factor and durability are more than sufficient to simply out last Jack until he passes out form exhaustion.

CosmicComet
No, he is correct. 10 tons is a lot more accurate than your guess.

Here's a 7 to 10 ton boulder being moved away from a perch above homes;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilabercrombie/6187186535/
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6162/6187186535_4d0880153c_z.jpg

And Spiderman threw tiny tanks, and did it with nowhere near the force or distance of the Scotsmen.

srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/carboulder.jpg

That's a 3 ton rock dropped on top of a car as part of an art instillation.

http://www.blogcatalog.com/blogs/art-car-central/5

http://rosamariblanco.blogspot.ca/2012/01/ford-festiva-crushed-art-car-still-life.html

That's the actually weight of that rock, not an estimation from some random flickr dudes.

Robtard
So I was right, Jack's boulder is around the 2 ton range. Why you people EVER question my rock weight guessing abilities is beyond me, I'm always correct when it comes to rock weight guessing.

Gecko4lif

Jack survived orbital re-entry with a specialized armor. Spider-man could do the same thing if you throw him into one of Stark's suits... and that would be equally as irrelevant as the Jack example.

The suit burned away. He survived it essentially naked. Impact and all.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Robtard
So I was right, Jack's boulder is around the 2 ton range. Why you people EVER question my rock weight guessing abilities is beyond me, I'm always correct when it comes to rock weight guessing.

You are the number one authority on rock weight in north America, arguably the world.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
The suit burned away. He survived it essentially naked. Impact and all.

First you guys try saying that Jack lifted a 700 ton sumo and now this? I'm curious, how much stuff are you Jack fans planing on lying about during the course of this thread because that is categorically untrue. The suit was destroyed in the impact of the crash, it was not burnt up during re-entry.

Gecko4lif
First you guys try saying that Jack lifted a 700 ton sumo and now this? I'm curious, how much stuff are you Jack fans planing on lying about during the course of this thread because that is categorically untrue. The suit was destroyed in the impact of the crash, it was not burnt up during re-entry. I watched the episode recently. It burned away in reentry.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I watched the episode recently. It burned away in reentry.

So have I, and no it didn't.

Blight
I only have the first season. Is that where it happened?

srankmissingnin
I only have the first season. Is that where it happened?

Yes, it's the fifth episode.

What Gecko is talking about is the shock layer of super heated gas that is created when anything enters that atmosphere do to changes in pressure and friction. There is no indication that his suit was burnt off prior to impact.

CosmicComet
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/carboulder.jpg

That's a 3 ton rock dropped on top of a car as part of an art instillation.

http://www.blogcatalog.com/blogs/art-car-central/5

http://rosamariblanco.blogspot.ca/2012/01/ford-festiva-crushed-art-car-still-life.html

That's the actually weight of that rock, not an estimation from some random flickr dudes.

Did you actually read the link?

There's a pdf document release from Hawaii state along with the picture.
http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/pio/nr/2011/NR10-291.pdf

"HONOLULU -- A seven to 10-ton boulder that was moved and secured at a safe location atop a ridge overlooking Niu Valley last weekend, will now be broken up into smaller pieces, bagged and removed by a contractor Monday Sept. 26 through Friday Sept. 30."

So no, it wasn't some random guess by guys on flickr.

srankmissingnin
Did you actually read the link?

There's a pdf document release from Hawaii state along with the picture.
http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/pio/nr/2011/NR10-291.pdf

"HONOLULU -- A seven to 10-ton boulder that was moved and secured at a safe location atop a ridge overlooking Niu Valley last weekend, will now be broken up into smaller pieces, bagged and removed by a contractor Monday Sept. 26 through Friday Sept. 30."

So no, it wasn't some random guess by guys on flickr.

The link says it was a "seven to ten ton" boulder, then provides "estimated" dimensions, which goes to show it was never actually weighed or measured. We are just looking at some guess work estimations of how much the rock weighed. The rock I posted actually weighs 3 tons.

CosmicComet
Nowhere in either of your links does it say it was weighed, I see a weight simply being stated.

My link was more detailed and matter-of-fact about the actual methodology behind the derived weight, rather than just giving a figure.

Here's a video:
http://www.zacharycoffin.com/work/rockspinner-burning-man-2001/

"Though technically the second Rockspinner, this one gets the title. Weighing somewhere in the 9 to 10 ton range, this stone is much larger than anything previously handled. To build it, we first built a large lifting rig and shipped it out to the desert, then brought in the rock, hung it and mounted it to the bearing."

As you can see in the video, its of comparable size to the boulder picture I originally posted from flickr.

The Scenario
Here's the page:

Wolverine is even shown supporting the weight with just one arm in the bottom while climbing the mountain.

I see rocks in the panel, so it's not unreasonable to conclude it was relatively shallow water, or that Wolverine could support himself on said rock. If he's swimming, it's nonsense. It he's wading, it checks out better.

Still not seeing how Wolverine wins, though. Jack's just as fast, if not faster, and I'd wager more skilled than Wolverine in just as many martial arts. They've got similar super senses, with Wolverine better on smell and Jack having the better hearing. Jack is evidently much stronger, as well.

Jack can easily pull a KO, or if he really needs to he can use Wolverine's own claws against him. He's done as much before.

srankmissingnin
Nowhere in either of your links does it say it was weighed, I see a weight simply being stated.

My link was more detailed and matter-of-fact about the actual methodology behind the derived weight, rather than just giving a figure.

Here's a video:
http://www.zacharycoffin.com/work/rockspinner-burning-man-2001/

"Though technically the second Rockspinner, this one gets the title. Weighing somewhere in the 9 to 10 ton range, this stone is much larger than anything previously handled. To build it, we first built a large lifting rig and shipped it out to the desert, then brought in the rock, hung it and mounted it to the bearing."

As you can see in the video, its of comparable size to the boulder picture I originally posted from flickr.

My link just states mater-of-fact'ly that the rock weighs three tons. Your link says the rocks weigh 7 to 10 tons, or that the rock weighs 9 to 10 tons, showing that we are just looking at guess work.

Why would the artist lie about the size of the boulder? Him exaggerating would make sense, because that makes it more impressive... but you are saying he under sold the weight of the rock an order of three. That doesn't make sense.

srankmissingnin
I see rocks in the panel, so it's not unreasonable to conclude it was relatively shallow water, or that Wolverine could support himself on said rock. If he's swimming, it's nonsense. It he's wading, it checks out better.

Still not seeing how Wolverine wins, though. Jack's just as fast, if not faster, and I'd wager more skilled than Wolverine in just as many martial arts. They've got similar super senses, with Wolverine better on smell and Jack having the better hearing. Jack is evidently much stronger, as well.

Jack can easily pull a KO, or if he really needs to he can use Wolverine's own claws against him. He's done as much before.

It's a rapids, rocks jutting up is par for the course. Wolverine is clearly swimming and dragging the piano behind him, he's doing the swimming motion with his arms and everything. It's a crazy feat.

Wolverine is both faster and more skilled than Jack, and even if he wasn't Wolverine's damage soak is so far above Jack's damage output that the idea that Jack could put him down for the a 10 count is absurd. Wolverine routinely shrugs of haymakers from Marvels strongest characters. He took a dozen blows to the face from WWH before going down. His healing factor operates on a much higher level than anything Jack could hope to achieve. Wolverine losing this fight is an impossibility.

Also Wolverine's hearing is better than Jacks. facepalm

Blight
Wolverine is pretty fast:

Here he is kicking a rocket out of the way after the button has been pressed.
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3616/captang6zk5.jpg

Here he dodges automatic gunfire:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4942/76519loganuke2tj4.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3962/76525loganuke3jt3.jpg

Here he dodges automatic gunfire at near point blank
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3648/autododgedw2.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8318/autododge2ux7.jpg

One of these members shooting guns thinks he connected. Wrong:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9949/bullets8ou1.jpg

Who's saying he can't dodge gunfire?
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8499/xmenv2133p03gm1.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6867/bulletsidestepkq1.jpg

Here daredevil literally says he's dodging bullets as it's happening:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2002/ddbulletdodgekh3.jpg
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/51/ddbulletdodge2kw2.jpg

Here he's pretty fast as well:
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/9586/linusiq2.jpg
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1686/bulletstop2ok2.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9029/bulletstop3fm3.jpg

Psylocke's mind can barely follow a fight between Sabretooth and Wolverine
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8915/sabesab5.jpg

I'm really questioning why both sides say it's an epic stomp when it seems clear that it's not such a far away matchup as they think it is.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine is pretty fast:

Here he is kicking a rocket out of the way after the button has been pressed.
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3616/captang6zk5.jpg

Here he dodges automatic gunfire:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4942/76519loganuke2tj4.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3962/76525loganuke3jt3.jpg

Here he dodges automatic gunfire at near point blank
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3648/autododgedw2.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8318/autododge2ux7.jpg

One of these members shooting guns thinks he connected. Wrong:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9949/bullets8ou1.jpg

Here daredevil literally says he's dodging bullets as it's happening:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2002/ddbulletdodgekh3.jpg
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/51/ddbulletdodge2kw2.jpg

Here he's pretty fast as well:
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/9586/linusiq2.jpg
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1686/bulletstop2ok2.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9029/bulletstop3fm3.jpg

Psylocke's mind can barely follow a fight between Sabretooth and Wolvering
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8915/sabesab5.jpg

Wolverine doesn't usually bother with dodging or blocking bullets because they might as well be spit balls relative to his damage soak, but he is very fast:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5779/trancei.jpg

Orphan Maker fires his gun at Trance. As clearly shown in the panel Wolverine moves after the bullets leave the gun, and shields Trance with his body.

cdtm

The thing is, a scan like this makes it impossible to judge whether he's just keeping ahead of the gunmans aim (Which any street can do), or keeping up with a bullet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Plntry-JLA-TerraOcculta45.jpg

Now that's a bullet time feat. Matrix style. big grin

Blight
The thing is, a scan like this makes it impossible to judge whether he's just keeping ahead of the gunmans aim (Which any street can do), or keeping up with a bullet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Plntry-JLA-TerraOcculta45.jpg

Now that's a bullet time feat. Matrix style. big grin He didn't know the gunman was going to shoot. Are you implying he reacted to the speed of sound? Because that's a better feat and I'll take it mmm . Not to mention he instantly gets back to the dude from 20 or so feet away. No running panel or anything...

Wolverine doesn't usually bother with dodging or blocking bullets because they might as well be spit balls relative to his damage soak, but he is very fast:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5779/trancei.jpg

Orphan Maker fires his gun at Trance. As clearly shown in the panel Wolverine moves after the bullets leave the gun, and shields Trance with his body.

I was merely showing speed, not the tanking of bullets, which he can easily do as well.

srankmissingnin
He didn't know the gunman was going to shoot. Are you implying he reacted to the speed of sound? Because that's a better feat and I'll take it mmm .

I was merely showing speed, not the tanking of bullets, which he can easily do as well.

I'm aware, and my example is much better speed feat than any of the ones you posted.

cool

Blight
I'm aware, and my example is much better speed feat than any of the ones you posted.

cool
Not if you count the instantaneous reply to the gun dodge in one of them mhm

cdtm
He didn't know the gunman was going to shoot. Are you implying he reacted to the speed of sound? Because that's a better feat and I'll take it mmm . Not to mention he instantly gets back to the dude from 20 or so feet away. No running panel or anything...

Wolverines a pro. Reacting to sudden attacks is nothing new for him. Plus, he has enhanced hearing, right? Guns usually make noise when you're handling them.

Blight
Wolverines a pro. Reacting to sudden attacks is nothing new for him. Plus, he has enhanced hearing, right? Guns usually make noise when you're handling them. Which would mean he's reacting at the speed of sound to a bullet.... mmm

srankmissingnin
Not if you count the instantaneous reply to the gun dodge in one of them mhm

My scan shows Wolverine outrunning bullets to their target, even though he moved after the gun was fired. cool

cdtm
Which would mean he's reacting at the speed of sound to a bullet.... mmm

No, it means he's reacting to the sound of the gun rattling in the gunmans hand, and reflexively jerking aside. stick out tongue

Bullet time feats are pretty worthless on a "maybe".. They're like UFO's. Believe them, when you see them, or can argue that it's 100% impossible that it isn't anything but... ^_^

Blight
My scan shows Wolverine outrunning bullets to their target, even though he moved after the gun was fired. cool G'point mmm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>