Which Duel do you like better?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Do you like the duel at the end of TPM b/t Darth Maul and the jedi.....or the one at the end of Clones b/t Dooku and the jedi?
I'm not really talking individual matchups like Obi wan v Maul or Dooku vs only Yoda.....I'm talking overall sweeping battle here.
BTW feel free to say your favorite match up in addition .....

GordonSkywalker
The so-called "Duel of the Fates" lightsbaer match between a jedi master, his apprentice, and a sith lord is for me the ULTIMATE battle of the first five films of Star Wars!

Member.
well the duel of the fates was better than most battle scenes. but i wished yoda vs. dooku was longer. but duel of fates was good. and the dual-saber a plusbig grin

justinday15
I liked the duel of fates better because it seemed longer.

GordonSkywalker
Yes it had a lot going for it! I never seen people jumping around and sparring like that before!

Member.
...wish i could do that

GordonSkywalker
You're telling me! If I tried to do something like that, I'd knock something over!

Ushgarak
I think it is unfair to compare the two in many ways. In TPM, the lightsabre fight was the huge mega-ultra centrepiece of the film. Who cared about the rest of the fighting with that going on, huh?

In AOTC, I am not saying the duel was unimportant, but the centrepiece was really the Arena battle preceeding it. More effort went into that, I feel.

Remember, that Episode III will almost certainly have a centrepiece duel (between Obi-Wan and Anakin) just as TPM did. And that duel will have to TOP the one in TPM. I think from a creative point of view they couldn't have that staggering duel in TPM, and then top it in AOTC and then try to top that AGAIN in episode 3. So the AOTC duelling was competent, and it had the Yoda element, but I do not think it was ever meant to be TPM spectacular.

Julie
Duel of the Fates was nice and long.....and very flashy

GordonSkywalker
That's why I like it. It's not like if you blink for a second, the whole thing will be done with,here. There's a lot at stake during the duel. This is where things start being puished into the direction that we know the films have to go in order to connect with the OT.

Member.
hm...wonder if GL would add another dual-saber into a fightbig grin

GordonSkywalker
Hard to say. As already expressed here, anything is possible when it comes to George Lucas and Star Wars! Just prior to four years ago, I would have never thought any more films would be made.

Evil Windu
I Agree !...

GordonSkywalker
Duel of the Fates was cool! Second only to Yoda in AOTC. wink

Julie
I see.....I like the fact that it was longer

GordonSkywalker
Yeah that too.

cookies2006
I liked the fact that I had a double lightsaber!

Julie
I like the fact that Maul didn't cut off any appendages ...whilest fighting w/ a double sided lightsaber

cookies2006
Me too.

Julie
That could have been funny...but really bad

GordonSkywalker
Yes it would be a bit embarrasing for that particular sith. All his training down the drain.....

cookies2006
He wouldnt of even done that if he was fighting 3 jedis.

Julie
glad you have confidence in him, but uh he did get himself killed...

Dexx
definitley maul vs obi. Spectacular...extraordinaire....just great.
I hated the end though. he might have been extended to ep II and dooku left out. But i guess they need someone to rival yoda in a force power show

GordonSkywalker
I also think Maul had potential that might have extended the confines of the first film. He was more than a match for two of the best jedi around...even if he was killed in the end.

yerssot
DOTF still rocks smile
AOTC battles were too short, imho
and they shouldn't have let yoda fight

Dexx
why...the public was long desiring that. Old but fast lil bugger

yerssot
I'm not a simple man wink

fast and intense ok, but dotf was long and intense!

Evil Windu
I liked the entire TPM duel..

yerssot
that's DOTF (Duel of the Fates)

Dexx
yeah..but maul dying is very disappointing

yerssot
if he won, there would not be an OB1 wink

GordonSkywalker
Which would upset the balance of the first series.

GordonSkywalker
Which would upset the balance of the first series. big grin

Dexx
that's my point.

yerssot
point taken

GordonSkywalker
Whoops! I accidentally posted that twice. Sorry.

cookies2006
its ok. it happens.

GordonSkywalker
And it is not as if Maul was easily dealt with. Sure he got it where it hurt at the end of the duel by an angry Obi-Wan, but think of how long the duel lasted, with both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan barely keeping him at bay. So Maul was an excellent swordsman and acrobatic as well. Duel of the Fates is the best duel ever!

justinday15
It's pretty bad when two jedi can't beat one sith.

yerssot
one jedi and one apprentice, not two jedi

GordonSkywalker
Of course Maul was fueled by aggression and hatred towards the Jedi Knights, and that was what pushed him into such a performance during the Duel of the Fates.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.