Darth Thanaton VS Satele Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
Thanaton is more powerful on Force skills, Shan is more powerful on lightsaber I guess. Who will win?

Mizukage Yoda
Satele Shan actually has superior force feats, her TK of the boulder was pretty powerful, and it's stated in Fatal Alliance that she is the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Satele Shan actually has superior force feats, her TK of the boulder was pretty powerful, and it's stated in Fatal Alliance that she is the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy.

She almost lost to Malgus.

Nephthys
Yeah, and Malgus just, like, sucks man.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, and Malgus just, like, sucks man.

Malgus' position is beneath the Dark Council.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Slowpoke
Malgus' position is beneath the Dark Council.

You do realize that Dark Council members are powerful because of their cunning not necessarily because of their raw power right?

ares834
That doesn't mean he is inferior.

Edit: Beaten my M. Yoda. However, I would also add that Malgus wasn't interested in the scheming for political power like other Sith were. Instead, he decided to forge his own new empire.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by ares834
That doesn't mean he is inferior.

Darth Council is the ruling body of the Empire, at least after the Emperor focused on devour the galaxy.

Only the Emperor's Wrath is above them when it gets to personal matters like treason. But even the Wrath could not decide politics and military campaign.

ares834
Ok, and how does that refute what I said. BTW, I was talking about physical/force power not political power.

Slowpoke
Ok, and how does that refute what I said. BTW, I was talking about physical/force power not political power.

If you can defeat a council member, you will ascend into the council.

Mizukage Yoda
Darth Council is the ruling body of the Empire, at least after the Emperor focused on devour the galaxy.

Only the Emperor's Wrath is above them when it gets to personal matters like treason. But even the Wrath could not decide politics and military campaign.

Lord Scourge killed Darth Xedriss when he was only a Lord, but struggled with Darth Nyriss even with Meetra Surik's help. All Dark Council members are not cut from the same tree.

I also doubt Lord Scourge could defeat many of the upper crust of the Dark Council even though he is the Emperor's Wrath.

Rank also does not~Power.
And by the end of SWTOR Malgus takes control of the entire Pyramid of Military Strategy with the death of Darth Arho, and then says **** you to the Dark Council and succeeds successfully.

Not true. Said Council Members have entire armies, fleets and apprentices at their command. Not to mention other Dark Council members as allies. Darth Malgus despises the internal power plays of the Sith and because of his hatred of political games in the Empire remains of a lower rank than deserved.

ares834

As I said, Malgus wasn't interested in this (the holonet claims this).

And, no, you can't just kill a council member like that as the other members won't be to happy with such an overly ambitious sith lord around (Revan novel touches upon this). The reason the Inquisitor was able to do this is because Thanton challenged him to a Kaggath.

Slowpoke
Not true. Said Council Members have entire armies, fleets and apprentices at their command. Not to mention other Dark Council members as allies. Darth Malgus despises the internal power plays of the Sith and because of his hatred of political games in the Empire remains of a lower rank than deserved.

Darth Nox did it that way, if he/she was powerful enough he/she could defeat Thanaton from the beginning.

Also the codex says:

While the undying Emperor serves as the unquestioned leader of the Empire, the twelve members of the Dark Council oversee the daily workings of their vast civilization and speak in the Emperor's name. Each is among the most powerful Sith in the galaxy; to hold a seat on the council is the highest honor and the greatest position of influence a Sith can attain.

Back to the topic, at least a council member won't be weaker than Malgus, so it will give Shan a tough fight.

ares834
I see why they call you Slowpoke.

Slowpoke
As I said, Malgus wasn't interested in this (the holonet claims this).

And, no, you can't just kill a council member like that as the other members won't be to happy with such an overly ambitious sith lord around (Revan novel touches upon this). The reason the Inquisitor was able to do this is because Thanton challenged him to a Kaggath.

Darth Mortis made it clear, once you defeat a council member you will take his seat. Darth Jadus also took his seat back after you killed his daughter.

Many of the council members was involved in the death of their superior before they took the seat.

ares834
Yes, they were involved with it. However, It's not as simple as being more powerful and defeating them in a duel.

And once again, Malgus did not wish to join the Council. He had far grander aspirations than that.

Mizukage Yoda
Malgus wanted to be Emperor he couldn't give a flying turd over the internal squabbling of the Dark Council. He had the Republic kill Darth Arho so that he could assume his seat on the Dark Council and then immediately took the resources of the Pyramid of Military Strategy and used it to assemble his armada.

Slowpoke
So back to the topic, Thanaton is also pretty strong, he could overcome Nox when he/she got Darth Andru and Ergast.

Q99
Some of the council members are definitely there on politics. Being able to arrange someone's death counts for almost as much as personal combat, after all. Or just being too indispensable to one's allies to let die.
---

Thanaton's pretty strong, but I do gotta give it to Shan as well.

Darth Truculent
Satele was barely a Knight when she fought Malgus. If she fought Malgus when she is a Master then Malgus would have put up a valiant, but futile battle. The ancestor of Revan was just far too powerful.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Q99
Some of the council members are definitely there on politics. Being able to arrange someone's death counts for almost as much as personal combat, after all. Or just being too indispensable to one's allies to let die.
---

Thanaton's pretty strong, but I do gotta give it to Shan as well.

Precisely, Darth Vowrawn for example has been on the Council for decades, but still was defeated by Lord Draahg. However because every Sith in the galaxy values him for his knowledge and power base he is one of the most respected members of the Dark Council. Even Ravage respects him.

Slowpoke
Precisely, Darth Vowrawn for example has been on the Council for decades, but still was defeated by Lord Draahg. However because every Sith in the galaxy values him for his knowledge and power base he is one of the most respected members of the Dark Council. Even Ravage respects him.

Thanaton showed his own strength against Nox.

Nephthys
Yes, no-one is saying that Thanaton is weak.

Just not as strong as the False Emperor.

Mizukage Yoda
Thanaton showed his own strength against Nox.

Right and Malgus the Betrayer is capable of blitzing Darth Nox, the Wrath, the Barsen'thor, or the hero of Tython with lightning.

UltimateAnomaly
I think here it's quite difficult to work out just how strong these characters are, since they're always in flux. For example, we have the Hero of Tython, who managed to beat the Voice, holder of the Emperor's power and will. Yet it takes them, and 3 others to beat Malgus.

SWTOR is a tough one to categorized because of the fine line between game mechanics and actual feats. That and there hasn't been any state canon for the characters. So it's all up in the air.

Slowpoke
Right and Malgus the Betrayer is capable of blitzing Darth Nox, the Wrath, the Barsen'thor, or the hero of Tython with lightning.

Because he's a FP boss rather than a storyline boss, Doctor Lorrick is more difficult to handle as a FP boss but that does not mean he's stronger.

Slowpoke
Yes, no-one is saying that Thanaton is weak.

Just not as strong as the False Emperor.

Proof?

Nephthys
His Force Lightning can turn people to ash, he can kill with his Force Pushes and he's really fvcking strong. All 8efore he 'mastered' the dark side.

IIRC.

Mizukage Yoda
Because he's a FP boss rather than a storyline boss, Doctor Lorrick is more difficult to handle as a FP boss but that does not mean he's stronger.

Not what I'm talking about. If you talk smack to him in the dialogue options he shoots force lightning and brings the whole party to it's knees.

Slowpoke
His Force Lightning can turn people to ash, he can kill with his Force Pushes and he's really fvcking strong. All 8efore he 'mastered' the dark side.

IIRC.

Thanaton's storm was also incredible, and it took Nox+4 powerful Sith Lords' spirits and a Voss spirit's power to defeat him. When Nox went with Ergast and Darth Andru, Thanaton was still able to overcome him/her.

Slowpoke
Not what I'm talking about. If you talk smack to him in the dialogue options he shoots force lightning and brings the whole party to it's knees.

It brought not much damage to the team, later he still got defeated by them.

Mizukage Yoda
Thanaton's storm was also incredible, and it took Nox+4 powerful Sith Lords' spirits and a Voss spirit's power to defeat him. When Nox went with Ergast and Darth Andru, Thanaton was still able to overcome him/her.
So your point is? Darth Nox is pretty featless without her spirits.
It brought not much damage to the team, later he still got defeated by them.
Irrelevant he was still able to blitz 2 of the most powerful force users in the galaxy with lightning and kneel against their wills. We also have no idea how that fight goes canonically.
And if we want to go with gameplay there isn't a damned thing they can do against his lightning except force push him into the pit...you know it takes 2 force pushes to get him there right. And that is a scripted event btw.

Slowpoke
So your point is? Darth Nox is pretty featless without her spirits.

Irrelevant he was still able to blitz 2 of the most powerful force users in the galaxy with lightning and kneel against their wills. We also have no idea how that fight goes canonically.
And if we want to go with gameplay there isn't a damned thing they can do against his lightning except force push him into the pit...you know it takes 2 force pushes to get him there right. And that is a scripted event btw.

No, before the ghostbuster story begins

Nox
defeated Khem Val
defeated Lord Paladius when being severed with the Force.
defeated Jedi Master Nomar Ograna
was close to bring Zash down when he/she was not prepared as well as Zash.

The Empire characters all defeated a powerful Jedi/Sith before, there is no way that Malgus is more powerful than Jadus+Baras+Thanaton+that Jedi master in the end of BH story.

Mizukage Yoda
No, before the ghostbuster story begins

Nox
defeated Khem Val
defeated Lord Paladius when being severed with the Force.
defeated Jedi Master Nomar Ograna
was close to bring Zash down when he/she was not prepared as well as Zash.

The Empire characters all defeated a powerful Jedi/Sith before, there is no way that Malgus is more powerful than Jadus+Baras+Thanaton+that Jedi master in the end of BH story.

Uhhh no one is saying that they are. But it is very likely he is more powerful than any of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.