Janemba vs. Super Buu (only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
I searched a few on google and found only Super buu plus absorption vs. Janemba.

This is 2nd stage Janemba

cdtm
This is pretty much the same thing as the one you found. Kind of an odd thing putting in "plus absorption", because that's a standard Buu power.

Buu should win it, via absorption.

mastagambit
Super Buu is too powerful.
That attack he did that Vegito kicked back would obliterate Janemba.

vansonbee
Originally posted by mastagambit
Super Buu is too powerful.
That attack he did that Vegito kicked back would obliterate Janemba.

I meant this Buu

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100708084130/dragonball/images/thumb/e/e4/MajinBuuSuperNV..png/250px-MajinBuuSuperNV..png

1. Both at full abilites.

2. No absorption for Buu (candy trick)

cdtm
Buu doesn't need to turn him into candy to absorb him.

He can just engulf him.

juggerman
Good fight but Buu takes it

mastagambit
Originally posted by vansonbee
I meant this Buu

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100708084130/dragonball/images/thumb/e/e4/MajinBuuSuperNV..png/250px-MajinBuuSuperNV..png

1. Both at full abilites.

2. No absorption for Buu (candy trick)

Oh this one.Well he is pretty powerful too.
Like when he got mad and shattered the dimension by just screaming.
If he gets mad no doubt his power output increases.
So he takes it easily.

Bentley
Janemba cuts Buu up. Game over.

deathcon27
i think that buu would win but not because hes stronger than janemba but because he can regenerate . buu cant absorb janemba because he can teleport and reconstruct his body also in terms of dimensional scream that attack would kill buu as well and seeing as janemba can teleport, he wouldnt have trouble getting inside buus barrier. but eventually buu would wear him down because janemba from what ive seen doesnt have any attacks capable of completely vaporizing buus whole body his sword can only cut small fragments of buu o buu wins but not easillly

juggerman
Originally posted by Bentley
Janemba cuts Buu up. Then Buu puts himself together, laughs and then proceeds to anally rape Janemba. Game over.

Fixed

cdtm
Originally posted by vansonbee
I searched a few on google and found only Super buu plus absorption vs. Janemba.

This is 2nd stage Janemba

Without absorption, Janemba.

1. SSJ3 Saiyans did better against various forms of Buu then SSJ3 Goku did against stage 2 Janemba. Gotenks was even doing better in SSJ mode.

2. SSJ3 is designed for the afterlife, and Goku claimed he wasn't able to achieve full power. This limitation would not apply in Hell, meaning Janemba was tanking a full power SSJ3, which both Goku and Vegeta believed would have been strong enough to destroy Original/Kidd Buu in one hit, and Goku seemed pretty confident he could have beaten Fatty as well...

Basically, I put stage 2 Janemba at least somewhere between Super Buu and Buutenks/Buuhan, if not on Buuhans level...

juggerman
Originally posted by cdtm
Without absorption, Janemba.

1. SSJ3 Saiyans did better against various forms of Buu then SSJ3 Goku did against stage 2 Janemba. Gotenks was even doing better in SSJ mode.

2. SSJ3 is designed for the afterlife, and Goku claimed he wasn't able to achieve full power. This limitation would not apply in Hell, meaning Janemba was tanking a full power SSJ3, which both Goku and Vegeta believed would have been strong enough to destroy Original/Kidd Buu in one hit, and Goku seemed pretty confident he could have beaten Fatty as well...

Basically, I put stage 2 Janemba at least somewhere between Super Buu and Buutenks/Buuhan, if not on Buuhans level...

SSJ3 Gotenks>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSJ3 Goku and Buu stated he allowed the fight to drag out so they could fuse again and he could absorb them to beat Gohan.

Buu was toying with Gotenks and could have killed him at anytime.

Buu smashes Janemba

Galan007
Originally posted by juggerman
SSJ3 Gotenks>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSJ3 Goku Based on?

juggerman
Originally posted by Galan007
Based on?

Goku's own words. The kids held their own for a while against Super Buu yet Goku stated he was no match for Buu even after they pulled their buddies out of him.

Galan007
Goku's own words. The kids held their own for a while against Super Buu yet Goku stated he was no match for Buu even after they pulled their buddies out of him. It was stated that SSJ3 Gotenks' power was close to Super Buu's, but despite all of the attacks he used, Buu was ultimately left completely unharmed. That said, exactly how close their powers were is entirely open to interpretation. Valid point either way. thumb up

Aside from that, based on a manga PL guide I often reference, Super Buu's PL was significantly superior to SSJ3 Goku's. Sadly, it has no rating for SSJ3 Gotenks. sad

juggerman
Which PL guide do you reference? Yeah i knew Gotenks was inferior to Buu but for Goku to outright say he stood no chance says alot about Buu's power

Galan007
Which PL guide do you reference? Usually this one:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14167142/All_Characters.jpg.html
It's a nice guide to reference because it actually gives a few PLs beyond the Frieza saga(which are hard to come by.) I've never had a reason to doubt it's validity.

Yeah i knew Gotenks was inferior to Buu but for Goku to outright say he stood no chance says alot about Buu's power I understand. I'm just saying that he must have been inferior by a fairly decent margin for his entire melee to ultimately be rendered totally ineffectual.

juggerman
Well it did have some effect. Buu can just regen tho

Galan007
Right, but there was no decrease in his power is what I'm saying.

Anyway, we've gone way off topic. Super Buu wins.

Merlyn
@that power level guide.

everything seems pretty accurate except 2nd form frieza. i thought his power capped at a million?

Galan007
Originally posted by Merlyn
@that power level guide.

everything seems pretty accurate except 2nd form frieza. i thought his power capped at a million? No.

In the manga Frieza states that the PL of his second form is "OVER 1,000,000":
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14167358/DB296-09.jpg.html

Frieza says the exact same thing in the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfND149TlbA
(15:08)

Clearly his second form wasn't capped at one million-- hence the guide's 1,200,000 rating.

Q99
Usually this one:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14167142/All_Characters.jpg.html
It's a nice guide to reference because it actually gives a few PLs beyond the Frieza saga(which are hard to come by.) I've never had a reason to doubt it's validity.

Wow, Yakon's (? The light-eater guy) is surprising high.

And way to block Gotenk's power, whoever-put-that-up!

AuraAngel
Yakone is so strong that I actually can't accept it lol. If I recall right, Babidi had some weird powerscale that he judged people with and Goku was like like a 100 times more powerful.

But I'm probably recalling wrong.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
And way to block Gotenk's power, whoever-put-that-up! Lulz, I said the same thing.

His PL is no less than 4 billion, though... That much I can make out.

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Yakone is so strong that I actually can't accept it lol. If I recall right, Babidi had some weird powerscale that he judged people with and Goku was like like a 100 times more powerful.

But I'm probably recalling wrong. Per Babidi's equipment, Yakon's power registered at 800 kilis, and SSJ Goku's power registered at 3,000 kilis. I have no clue wtf a kili is, though.

Q99

Per Babidi's equipment, Yakon's power registered at 800 kilis, and SSJ Goku's power registered at 3,000 kilis. I have no clue wtf a kili is, though.

Huh, if a killi is 1 million power level, then that'd oddly fit.

As full-power SSJ1 Goku was 3 billion, and Dabura said it'd take more than 4,000 killis to defeat him and he was around Cell's level and Cell was 4 billion.

BloodRain
^Think its a 4.6 billion for Gotenks?

Cool, didn't know a new one came out. Be nice if it was validated though. Though by that Goku's strength didn't improve from the Cell saga to Buu, SS3's 24bil is the same multiplier (8x) as SS1 that fought Cell. I find that to be very odd..

Also puts a weird perspective on the 1.4 billion another scan gave Broly.

Demonic Phoenix
^ Same scan gave Gogeta a 2.5 Billion power level, and yet he's far more powerful than SSJ3 Goku.

Also, I read somewhere that SSJ3 is essential 8x SSJ1, or 4x SSJ2.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
Huh, if a killi is 1 million power level, then that'd oddly fit.

As full-power SSJ1 Goku was 3 billion, and Dabura said it'd take more than 4,000 killis to defeat him and he was around Cell's level and Cell was 4 billion. This is true.

Originally posted by BloodRain
^Think its a 4.6 billion for Gotenks? thumb up

Cool, didn't know a new one came out. Be nice if it was validated though. Though by that Goku's strength didn't improve from the Cell saga to Buu, SS3's 24bil is the same multiplier (8x) as SS1 that fought Cell. I find that to be very odd. The 3,000kilis reading was taken right after Goku transformed into a SSJ-- he hadn't started powering up at that point. If another reading would have been taken as he powered up to overload Yakon, the kili reading would have been well above 3,000 me thinks.

I don't see the problem with Goku's power increasing 8x over the course of 7 years and 2 transformations. /shrug

Also puts a weird perspective on the 1.4 billion another scan gave Broly. Those power scales were WAY off, imo. They only gave Gogeta(Vegito's equal, and the most powerful entity ever seen in DBZ proper) a PL of 2.5 billion. thumb down

---

Sidenote: I'm very surprised more people haven't seen the PL chart I posted.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
^ Same scan gave Gogeta a 2.5 Billion power level, and yet he's far more powerful than SSJ3 Goku.

Also, I read somewhere that SSJ3 is essential 8x SSJ1, or 4x SSJ2.

Those power scales were WAY off, imo. They only gave Gogeta(Vegito's equal, and the most powerful entity ever seen in DBZ proper) a PL of 2.5 billion. thumb down

Hence the 8x in my post! And that SS3 Goku = SS1 Gotenks.

Hmmm non-canon works on its own magic space gravy I guess /shrugs/

The 3,000kilis reading was taken right after Goku transformed into a SSJ-- he hadn't started powering up at that point. If another reading would have been taken as he powered up to overload Yakon, the kili reading would have been well above 3,000 me thinks.

I don't see the problem with Goku's power increasing 8x over the course of 7 years and 2 transformations. /shrug

Oh, I was talking about the power on the chart, not the kilis. Though you guys brought up a good point in how they match up.

The problem that SS2 is 2x SS1 and SS3 is 4x SS2.
Buu saga SS3 is at 24bil. In this saga Goku at SS2 would be 6bil and as a SS1 he'd be 3bil. That means his SS1 state in the Buu saga is at the exact same level as it was 7 years ago against Cell, 3bil.

Demonic Phoenix
He was dead during that 7 years period after all, wasn't he.

Galan007
The problem that SS2 is 2x SS1 and SS3 is 4x SS2.
Tbh, I don't know where these figures are even coming from, as I've never seen that stated(it may have been, I've just never seen it.) What we've logically deduced based on our 'control'(ie. Yakon) is that 1 kili = a scouter reading of 1,000,000.

In a rested(key word) SSJ state, Goku produced 3,000 kilis, which gives him a PL of 3 billion. Again, that was before he'd even started powering up as a SSJ. Therefore, capping his SSJ PL at 3 billion is a bit faulty, considering it would've logically been a hefty margin above that, when at max power.

carver9
Didn't Babidi also state that 100 killi was enough to destroy a single planet?

Based
Based on?

What? Based on Goku, Gotenks, Piccolo, and Boo himself...
Goku and Piccolo were impressed with his original SSJ form. ENough to fight Boo. There's an argument BASE Gotenks post ROSAT >> SSJ3 Goku

Boo already said Goku is not on the level of Gotenks or Mystic Gohan either. And I forgot that Goku basically told everyone in the world Gotenks would surpass him.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
Didn't Babidi also state that 100 killi was enough to destroy a single planet? I don't remember him stating such, but that'd equate to a PL of 100,000,000-- which is vastly more than what is required to destroy a planet.

Originally posted by Based
There's an argument BASE Gotenks post ROSAT >> SSJ3 Goku Never heard that argument, but frankly, it makes no sense at all. I agree that SSJ3 Gotenks was more powerful than SSJ3 Goku. Base form Gotenks, though? No way in hell.

Boo already said Goku is not on the level of Gotenks or Mystic Gohan either. I don't remember Buu outright stating this. I do agree that Gotenks and Gohan were superior to Goku, though.

Mystic Gohan>SSJ3 Gotenks>SSJ3 Goku.

carver9
Looking at everything in Killos, Goku power level was INSANE. I would hate to see a Goku going all out. Crazy.

Galan007
Yakon is a good control. Based on the guide I posted, his PL was 800,000,000. Per manga Babidi, his kili rating was 800. Thus, 1 kili=1,000,000PL.

Goku's rested SSJ PL was 3,000 kilis; or a PL of 3,000,000,000. Seems logical considering the same guide gives his SSJ3 form a PL of 24,000,000,000 (8x greater than his rested SSJ state.) /shrug

carver9
That's crazy and scary as hell. So people like Roshi (moon buster) wouldn't even register in killos huh?

Galan007
Not unless kilis go down to decimals lol.

Keep in mind that while the kili/PL ratio we provided seems pretty accurate, it was never officially stated in a canon resource that 1 kili=a scouter reading of 1 million. I/we just used the info we were given to form a logical conclusion.

Lek Kuen
Looking at everything in Killos, Goku power level was INSANE. I would hate to see a Goku going all out. Crazy. Didn't he go all out on Kidbuu? Was a while ago, don't remember if he held back there or not.

carver9
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Didn't he go all out on Kidbuu? Was a while ago, don't remember if he held back there or not.

I don't think he did. It's kind of impossible for a DBZ character to go "all out". It depends on the area the fight took place. That's why I always believed it was stupid that Akira didnt let characters with this type of power level fly in space.

Based

Never heard that argument, but frankly, it makes no sense at all. I agree that SSJ3 Gotenks was more powerful than SSJ3 Goku. Base form Gotenks, though? No way in hell.
Goku told Piccolo that someone stronger than him would fight Boo.
http://unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=Dragon%20Ball%20complete/DragonBall%20Vol%20040/Db40ch04/400409.gif&server=nas.html

Thus Pre ROSAT SSJ Gotenks is already stronger than Goku. After the first successful SSJ fusion Piccolo is impressed with their power but has speed concerns with Gotenks which is quickly quelled. And when he goes on to fight Boo his only concern was the fusion time and not his power. Remember Piccolo has Kami's keen sense of ki detection and after seeing SSJ3 Goku in action Piccolo would know if Gotenks couldn't handle Boo.
http://unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=Dragon%20Ball%20complete/DragonBall%20Vol%20040/Db40ch10/401009.jpg&server=nas.html

Plus the kids after training think they can handle Fat Boo who's roughly around SSJ3 Goku's power.

Picollo also has this belief that base Gotenks can handle Fat Boo shown here.

He hasn't seen Super Boo's power and is basing his optimism on power from Fat Boo. Goku admitted he may or mat not have beaten fat Boo while in SSJ3 so their powers are roughly equal. Since Picollo thinks base Gotenks has a chance against Boo that means base Gotenks is as strong, if not stronger than SSJ3 Goku.

He just vastly underrated the strength of Super Boo.

TLDR; Picollo calculates base Gotenks after training > Fat Boo who is =~ SSJ3 Goku.

Galan007
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Didn't he go all out on Kidbuu? Was a while ago, don't remember if he held back there or not. The stamina limitations of his mortal form never allowed Goku to reach full power as a SSJ3. If he would have been able to power up in that form, he could have destroyed Kid Buu "in an instant.":
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14203391/420813.gif.html

Goku told Piccolo that someone stronger than him would fight Boo.
http://unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=Dragon%20Ball%20complete/DragonBall%20Vol%20040/Db40ch04/400409.gif&server=nas.html

Thus Pre ROSAT SSJ Gotenks is already stronger than Goku. Well at that point, Goku didn't really know what their fused power would be, he was just guessing. After all, he hadn't even taught the kids how to fuse yet. wink

After the first successful SSJ fusion Piccolo is impressed with their power but has speed concerns with Gotenks which is quickly quelled. And when he goes on to fight Boo his only concern was the fusion time and not his power. Remember Piccolo has Kami's keen sense of ki detection and after seeing SSJ3 Goku in action Piccolo would know if Gotenks couldn't handle Boo.
http://unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=Dragon%20Ball%20complete/DragonBall%20Vol%20040/Db40ch10/401009.jpg&server=nas.html...Yet we know that Gotenks could not have beaten Super Buu without accessing his full SSJ3 power-- and even with that degree of power, he was merely "close to" Super Buu's level:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14202695/411007.gif.html
Therefore, any statements regarding Gotenks' ability to defeat Super Buu as anything less than a SSJ3 can be written off as hyperbole, because we know he required power of that magnitude to truly contend with Super Buu.

Plus the kids after training think they can handle Fat Boo who's roughly around SSJ3 Goku's power. See above. The kids (especially when fused) tended to vastly overrate their abilities.

Picollo also has this belief that base Gotenks can handle Fat Boo shown here.

He hasn't seen Super Boo's power and is basing his optimism on power from Fat Boo. Goku admitted he may or mat not have beaten fat Boo while in SSJ3 so their powers are roughly equal. Since Picollo thinks base Gotenks has a chance against Boo that means base Gotenks is as strong, if not stronger than SSJ3 Goku.

He just vastly underrated the strength of Super Boo. I cannot follow this logic, as you are adding quite a bit of conjecture to the statements. Did Gotenks have a chance against Super Buu? Yes. However, he ONLY had a chance as a SSJ3 *see above*.

TLDR; Picollo calculates base Gotenks after training > Fat Boo who is =~ SSJ3 Goku. Per Goku's own statements, he never accessed the full extent of his SSJ3 power against Fat Buu. Despite Goku leaving it up to Piccolo's imagination if he could have beaten Fat Buu when going all out, it was made blatantly evident later in the story that he could have. Why?

Because per both Goku AND Vegeta, he (Goku) could have defeated Kid Buu "in an instant" if he could've accessed the full extent of his SSJ3 power:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14203391/420813.gif.html

And Per Supreme Kai, Kid Buu>>Fat Buu:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14203389/420604.gif.html

ie. full power SSJ3 Goku>>Kid Buu>>Fat Buu.

In a nutshell, you are basing your stance that base Gotenks=SSJ3 Goku, on the opinion that Fat Buu=SSJ3 Goku. However, we know that if Goku would've powered up to max as a SSJ3, he could have annihilated Kid Buu without much effort-- therefore, he could have annihilated Fat Buu with even less effort.

That doesn't change the fact that SSJ3 Gotenks>SSJ3 Goku, though. He definitely is. However, base form Gotenks wouldn't even be comparable to SSJ3 Goku from what I've seen.

carver9
FYI...it was difficult for the Z fighters to read Buu power level so debating him is pointless.

Galan007
FYI...it was difficult for the Z fighters to read Buu power level so debating him is pointless. Cool, but for the purposes of this particular conversation it doesn't matter.

The argument is that base form Gotenks>SSJ3 Goku... Which is based on the opinion that Fat Buu=/>SSJ3 Goku. However, as the latter portion of my former post describes, that is not the case-- as both Goku and Vegeta agreed that as a powered up SSJ3, Goku would annihilate Kid Buu in an instant(which describes an effortless trouncing.) And as Supreme Kai had stated when Kid Buu first appeared, Fat Buu<<Kid Buu. Therefore, SSJ3 Goku(powered up)>>Kid Buu>>Fat Buu. That right there pretty much debunks the aforementioned opinion regarding base form Gotenks, as it entirely alters the most integral portion of that 'equation'.

Furthermore, if the power level guide I posted is to be believed(and I've still yet to seen a legitimate reason why it wouldn't be canon), then SSJ3 Goku's PL=24 billion. SSJ Gotenks PL=4.6 billion. Base form Gotenks would be even weaker still. Here is my opinion based on what we know to be fact: Super Buu=/>SSJ3 Gotenks>SSJ3 Goku>>Kid Buu>>Fat Buu. Base form & SSJ Gotenks would fall somewhere between SSJ3 Goku and Fat Buu. Maybe lower.

juggerman
FYI...it was difficult for the Z fighters to read Buu power level so debating him is pointless.

Not really. Numers stopped being given after Frieza yet we can determine who's stronger than whom more often than not.

SSJ3 Goku was able to fight with Janemba for a bit before he realised J was too strong.

SSJ3 Gotenks was able to fight pretty evenly with Super Buu until Buu admitted he was just toying with Gotenks

Now we know that SSJ3 Gotenks is vastly superior to SSJ3 Goku yes? So it stands to reason that Super Buu (being much stronger than Gotenks and Goku) would be much stronger than a being that Goku was able to hold his own against for a while

Based

Well at that point, Goku didn't really know what their fused power would be, he was just guessing. After all, he hadn't even taught the kids how to fuse yet. wink
No he didn't teach them the technique however he spent some time learning about it and he decided it was sufficient to beat Boo.

Yes Gotenks would not come close to Super Boo without SSJ3. All the quotes talking about Boo's abilities is not Super Boo but Fat Boo. They had no measure of Super Boo's power so they compared him to Fat Boo. Obviously they were wrong but they believed that base Gotenks has a chance.

That's true. However they seem to portray fused Saiyans as the cockiest beings. When they are apart they are more levelheaded.

They admitted that Gohan is stronger than Gotenks, something that Gotenks himself would probably have an issue with.

Super Boo has little to do with the main argument. Piccolo sensed the power of base Gotenks and concluded he had a chance. He's basing his chances on SSJ3 Goku or Fat Boo. He vastly underestimated SUper Boo. Yes he needs SSJ3 to compete with Super Boo but Piccolo concluded that base Gotenks is nearly if not stronger than SSJ3 Goku.

If SSJ3 Goku fought Super Boo he's lose in 2 seconds.

Not necessarily. Throughout the entire series, the Z fighters have the ability to charge their attacks to be much stronger than their actual power levels. When Raditz fought Goku and Piccolo he was surprised that their ki attacks neared a power level of 1000 despite their actual power levels being in the 300s. If Goku uses his full power and uses a ki attack which you have to do in order to completely kill Boo then a full powered kamehameha was deemed enough to wipe out Boo. It doesn't necessarily make Goku on the same level as Kid Boo.

That's implying there's a good power differential between Kid Boo and Fat Boo. There isn't. The battle with Good Boo vs Kid Boo at series end is irrelevant if you want to bring it up.

SSJ Gotenks before training was already superior to SSJ3 Goku. It's not absurd to think that with training that Gotenks surpassed him in his base form.

Lek Kuen
While that is true, they did fight All the forms of Buu. I have no doubt that they can gauge a good idea of how strong he is after/during the fight.

Galan007
No he didn't teach them the technique however he spent some time learning about it and he decided it was sufficient to beat Boo. ...Which it wasn't. Sure, SSJ3 Gotenks came "close to" Super Buu's power level, but he never once gained the clear upper hand.

ie. Goku was wrong. :/

They had no measure of Super Boo's power so they compared him to Fat Boo. This is just your opinion. Piccolo sensed Super Buu. He sensed Gotenks. He then made a direct comparison between them. Never once was it stated, or even alluded to, that Piccolo was using Fat Buu as a gauge. He simply overestimated Gotenks' power, me thinks.

However, even if you want to assume that Piccolo WAS using Fat Buu as a gauge, it still doesn't make base form Gotenks equal to SSJ3 Goku. Why? Because like I said earlier: SSJ3 Goku(full power)>>Kid Buu>>Fat Buu. Canon.

Super Boo has little to do with the main argument. Piccolo sensed the power of base Gotenks and concluded he had a chance. He's basing his chances on SSJ3 Goku or Fat Boo. He vastly underestimated SUper Boo. Yes he needs SSJ3 to compete with Super Boo but Piccolo concluded that base Gotenks is nearly if not stronger than SSJ3 Goku. More conjecture. It was never stated that Piccolo was initially using Fat Buu as a comparison to Super Buu/Gotenks. Not once. Regardless, Goku was more powerful than Fat Buu anyway, so this side of the debate is irrelevant.

Again: SSJ3 Goku(full power)>>Kid Buu>>Fat Buu.

Not necessarily. Throughout the entire series, the Z fighters have the ability to charge their attacks to be much stronger than their actual power levels. When Raditz fought Goku and Piccolo he was surprised that their ki attacks neared a power level of 1000 despite their actual power levels being in the 300s. If Goku uses his full power and uses a ki attack which you have to do in order to completely kill Boo then a full powered kamehameha was deemed enough to wipe out Boo. It doesn't necessarily make Goku on the same level as Kid Boo. More conjecture. All we were told is that if Goku would have reached max power as a SSJ3, he'd be able to defeat Kid Buu "in an instant." The Z fighters didn't say: "If you power up as a SSJ3, then use your most powerful energy attack, you'll be able to defeat Buu!" :/

That's implying there's a good power differential between Kid Boo and Fat Boo. There isn't. The battle with Good Boo vs Kid Boo at series end is irrelevant if you want to bring it up.

SSJ Gotenks before training was already superior to SSJ3 Goku. It's not absurd to think that with training that Gotenks surpassed him in his base form. Supreme Kai flat-out tells us that after Buu absorbed the Dai Kaio, he "lost power and became gentler." So Kid Buu was definitely more powerful than Fat Buu-- thus if full power SSJ3 Goku can defeat Kid Buu "in an instant", he'd be able to defeat Fat Buu with even less effort.

Look, I get what you're saying; I do. However, your argument hinges on the notion that base Gotenks=Fat Buu=SSJ3 Goku-- yet we know with 100% certainty that SSJ3 Goku>>>Fat Buu, so your opinion is completely debunked in that regard.

Lek Kuen
Even disregarding goku's comment about Kid Buu. Didn't he say he held back against Fat Buu to give the others a shot to beat him?

Galan007
Goku says that he never fully powered up as a SSJ3 while battling Fat Buu. He then says that he didn't think he could have beaten Fat Buu at full power-- however, that statement seemed very strange and open to interpretation, imo.

...Either way, we later learned that defeating Fat Buu would have been easily accomplished as a full power SSJ3, based on his statement regarding Kid Buu.

Lek Kuen
So Goku just says all kinds of shit then?

Also been meaning to ask, what made you venture to this section?

Galan007
Boredom. stick out tongue

Lek Kuen
Then go make some threads in the All vs, so we can get other comic guys to come on board.

Nemesis X
The most likely conclusion to this battle is Buu absorbing Janemba. I'm guessing they didn't have prep time to know eachother before the fight started which will spell disaster for Janemba when he uses his sword to cut Buu up without knowing that while he's distracted, a limb will creep up and take him unless he can teleport in time before the process begins and I'm not sure if he can turn into tetris blocks once Buu's gum-like flesh sticks to him.

Galan007
Not trying to necro-bump this thread, but I just recalled this scene and thought it helped solidify my former point that SSJ3 Goku>>Fat Buu...

-Goku-
"When I fought Fat Buu, I could have beaten him... But I wanted to give the kids something to do.":
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14410253/420711.gif.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.