Sherlock Holmes vs Huo Yuanjia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SSJVegeta
Sherlock Holmes, from the Guy Ritchie films

VS

Huo Yuanjia, from the film Fearless

They are fighting in a small Gladiatorial arena, which they start on opposite sides of. To win, one must kill or totally incapacitate the other. Neither is armed, and neither knows anything about the other prior to the fight. Their respective morals are On.

marwash22
Holmes would be on the ground before he could do any of that fight precog crap.

SSJVegeta
Considering how fast he thinks, I doubt that, but Holmes definitely hasn't faced anyone like Huo Yuanjia before, so it will be tough. Care to elaborate your own opinion?

Betterman
Sherlock Holmes is a good fighter, but I don't think he's on Huo Yuanjia's level, especially if he's unarmed. I don't know if he's any more powerful in the Guy Ritchie films though.

SSJVegeta
Powerful isn't quite the right word, Sherlock Holmes is just far more combat-capable in the Guy Ritchie films. For example:

BGCMfprPJoA

Betterman
OK, that is pretty impressive, but still, I think he won mainly because that big guy just throwing punches. That was basically all there was to it in Victorian combat sports. Holmes just wouldn't have enough time to plan everything out like that in a fight against Huo Yuanjia, so I'm not entirely convinced he can win this.

the ninjak
The things Holmes would learn from watching Fearless fight.

Mr. Tibbs
Huo Yuanjia beats Holmes senseless.

SSJVegeta
Originally posted by the ninjak
The things Holmes would learn from watching Fearless fight.

Holmes doesn't learn, as such, he just predicts and adapts. Huo Yuanjia is still the more skilled combatant, but he can't necessarily keep up with Holmes' mind.

Mr. Tibbs
Originally posted by SSJVegeta
Holmes doesn't learn, as such, he just predicts and adapts. Huo Yuanjia is still the more skilled combatant, but he can't necessarily keep up with Holmes' mind. What exactly would Holmes predict from looking as Huo?

KingD19
Considering he predicted exactly how a fight with a highly trained Hungarian assassin would go before he even saw him, I'm sure he'd be able to glean something from Huo.

Mr. Tibbs
He predicted the Hungarians weaknesses, didn't he?

KingD19
Not only his weaknesses. His entire strategy, how he would act. He knew everything about him before he even saw him. All because of his smell I think.

Mr. Tibbs
You mean the guy he fought for money, or the partially deaf dude from the beginning?

Impediment
Holmes gets a mud hole stomped in his ass.

KingD19
Originally posted by Mr. Tibbs
You mean the guy he fought for money, or the partially deaf dude from the beginning?

In Sherlock Holmes:Game of Shadows, the sequel.

A Hungarian Circus Performer/Assassin tried to kill Noomi Rapace's character, and he stopped him.

Mr. Tibbs
Originally posted by Impediment
Holmes gets a mud hole stomped in his ass. Mhm.

BruceSkywalker
if Holmes can quickly deduce everything prefight then he stands a chance at victory/winning otherwise he is doomed..

the only other way Holmes can win if he goes Extremis big grin

Mr. Tibbs
Holmes is not fast enough, even if he knows every move Huo will use beforehand.

InMyOpinion
Holmes looses, but if his life is spared, he will do a bunch of cocaine and come back and win after learning his weaknessness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.