Etrigan The Demon Vs Atrocitus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/2460277-stormw_cv13_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/99507/2239790-redl_cv10_d6f87as9_0_large.jpg

Cogito
Atrocitus on average, IMO

Sin I AM
Ditto

Galan007
As of now, Atro definitely wins.

However, they are, imo, touting N52 Etrigan to be more powerful than he was in previous continuity. He's been confirmed (in 2 different issues now) as one of the mystical beings that battled Cain thousands of years ago (and N52 Cain is a BEAST.) That said, I could see Etrigan displaying power that puts him above Atro, down the road.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Galan007

However, they are, imo, touting N52 Etrigan to be more powerful than he was in previous continuity. He's been confirmed (in 2 different issues now) as one of the mystical beings that battled Cain thousands of years ago (and N52 Cain is a BEAST.) That said, I could see Etrigan displaying power that puts him above Atro, down the road. I agree, Etrigan wins easily

Cogito

However, they are, imo, touting N52 Etrigan to be more powerful than he was in previous continuity. He's been confirmed (in 2 different issues now) as one of the mystical beings that battled Cain thousands of years ago (and N52 Cain is a BEAST.) That said, I could see Etrigan displaying power that puts him above Atro, down the road.

True.

Meanwhile Atrocitus has weakened due to a lack of rage following Krona's death and the destruction of the central battery. However even in a near dead state he ripped through space/time to reach Stormwatch HQ in hyperspace.

Slaanesh
Atrocitus

pym-ftw
The red lantern

Doon
I'm going to say Etrigan since I have no idea who Atrocitus is. =)

ColossusGrundy
Pre-reboot Etrigan was shown several times to be on or near pre-reboot Supes' level in power and durability. he one-punched Supes to the moon and took it to Lobo (and took what Lobo could dish out) in a great series.

New 52 Etrigan is supposed to be more powerful with a lot more potential, while Atroc is a bit nerfed.

I don't think Atroc will affect the demon with much more than constructs, and those are suspect against someone of Etrigan's strength and with the hellfire attack.

Etrigan wins 7/10 now and 10/10 in the future.

Juntai
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Pre-reboot Etrigan was shown several times to be on or near pre-reboot Supes' level in power and durability. he one-punched Supes to the moon and took it to Lobo (and took what Lobo could dish out) in a great series.

New 52 Etrigan is supposed to be more powerful with a lot more potential, while Atroc is a bit nerfed.

I don't think Atroc will affect the demon with much more than constructs, and those are suspect against someone of Etrigan's strength and with the hellfire attack.

Etrigan wins 7/10 now and 10/10 in the future. In the mid 90s he was near Supes level, by the early/mid 2000s he was more of an annoyance to Superman.

BlackWind

Could you elaborate a bit on this please. I'm behind in Demon Knights. How powerful of the new Etrigan?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Juntai
In the mid 90s he was near Supes level, by the early/mid 2000s he was more of an annoyance to Superman. realistically speaking Etrigan was a demon who was able to at least contend in the same arena as Morgaine and Merlin as he was someone Merlin felt could deal with her or at least be a significant force against her. So that gives him some extra credit in my book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.