Can Hulk Break Thors Hammer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
1.Can an enraged hulk ever get strong enough to break thors hammer?
2. Hurt Bor Physically
3. Knock Thanos out.
4. Break onslaughts armor
5. Break Celestial Armor

Starscream M
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Can an enraged hulk ever get strong enough to break thors hammer? World breaker hulk can...

Harbinger
Not without extrapolating his strength to a ridiculous degree (IE: one that we haven't seen in comics).

As for the others, yes to all of them.

golem370
In the respect thread Hulk breaks one not sure the situation though

Silent Master
Originally posted by Starscream M
World breaker hulk can...

Incorrect.

bluewaterrider

Silent Master

Doon
2. Hurt Bor Physically
3. Knock Thanos out.
5. Break Celestial Armor

1. NO SHOT!
2. Sure.
3. Absolutely.
4. Yes.
5. Most likely.

bluewaterrider
It's worth noting, too, Thor's hammer isn't ALWAYS actually Mjolnir ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story Title: "This Hammer Lost!"

Source: Thor #281, Volume 1
Writers: March Gruenwald & Ralph Macchio
Artist: Keith Pollard
Inker: Pablo Marcos
Letters: Jim Novak
Date: March 1979
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://marvel.wikia.com/Thor_Vol_1_281

DarkSaint85
Depends how hungry he is. He could eat it.

pym-ftw
No
Yes
No
Yes
No

h1a8
2. Hurt Bor Physically
3. Knock Thanos out.
5. Break Celestial Armor

1. Yes IMO War Hulk, WBH, and onslaught Hulk can
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes, he already did that
5. Yes

bluewaterrider
I'm actually amazed at what Classic Thor has actually done.

I never realized he was THAT strong until I started perusing these respect threads. I mean, that tank to hammer crush was something 1960s Superboy might find himself doing ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story Title: "Gravity Girl of Smallville"

Source: Adventure Comics #285
Writer: Robert Bernstein
Penciller: Curt Swan
Inker: Stan Kaye
Date: June 1961
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Comics_Vol_1_285

eaebiakuya
Destroying a planet dont mean you can destroy the Mjolnir.

My guess is WBH cant do that.

DarkSaint85
Didn't Nul rip up the uru Serpent mallet? Just saying...

dynamix
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Didn't Nul rip up the uru Serpent mallet? Just saying...

i think his magical property might've assisted in that. im not sure wbh has the same type of enchantment.

unless he can rage beyond skyfather level, it doesnt make sense to think he can do that, imo. as far as the others' are concern, i think he can do them all.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by golem370
In the respect thread Hulk breaks one not sure the situation though

Seriously? The situation was it never happened.

Branlor Swift
Is this a spin off of "Can Hulk eat Thor's hammer"?

Damborgson
Well if the OP is giving an indefinite amount of time to perform these tasks with no form of defense offered for the objects then yeah eventually he will break them

bluewaterrider
You'd probably need one of the old 1970s era writers to get Hulk breaking enchanted hammers and crap like that. Hulk flexing and showing off against people like Blastaar and other uber-creeps was all the rage back then.

Nowadays, even people like Pak give overmuch respect to anything magical, mythical or mystical.
Moreover, writers have all their focus on fights, not feats.

You could see Hulk doing something like the following to virtually anything yearyear, but not today, for instance, with even the shaping of primary adamantium needing scarcely more effort than the fitting of a thick pipe for him ...

Story Title: "Where Bursts the Bomb"

Source: Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 #18
Writer: Len Wein
Penciler: Gil Kane
Inkers: Mike Esposito, Frank Giacoia
Cover Artists: Gil Kane, Frank Giacoia
Colourist: Glynis Wein
Letterer: Jean Izzo
Editor: Roy Thomas
Editor-in-Chief: Len Wein
Date: February 1974
http://marvel.wikia.com/Marvel_Team-Up_Vol_1_18

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Is this a spin off of "Can Hulk eat Thor's hammer"?

I hope so.

ODG
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
You'd probably need one of the old 1970s era writers to get Hulk breaking enchanted hammers and crap like that. Hulk flexing and showing off against people like Blastaar and other uber-creeps was all the rage back then.

Nowadays, even people like Pak give overmuch respect to anything magical, mythical or mystical.
Moreover, writers have all their focus on fights, not feats. WWH tore a mystically shielded door when dealing with Tyrannus and Pandora's box. He also contained and destroyed the power within it by breathing it in. Originally posted by bluewaterrider
You could see Hulk doing something like the following to virtually anything yearyear, but not today, for instance, with even the shaping of primary adamantium needing scarcely more effort than the fitting of a thick pipe for him ...

Story Title: "Where Bursts the Bomb"

Source: Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 #18
Writer: Len Wein
Penciler: Gil Kane
Inkers: Mike Esposito, Frank Giacoia
Cover Artists: Gil Kane, Frank Giacoia
Colourist: Glynis Wein
Letterer: Jean Izzo
Editor: Roy Thomas
Editor-in-Chief: Len Wein
Date: February 1974
http://marvel.wikia.com/Marvel_Team-Up_Vol_1_18 That was adamantium alloy. And Nul just tore an adamantium net just recently. The idea that in yesteryears, comic characters were generally more powerful is a common one. But it's also an overgeneralization and one that very much fails when it comes to Hulk. 1970s Hulk didn't walk around and threaten to break continents while holding back.

guy222
yes hulk can

carver9
@Bluewater...

WWH breaking free from Nul control already crumble enchanted Uru. Now we just need to find out if Serpent enchantment=Odin enchantment.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/9397730/10-12-2011_20.jpg.html

The Hulks that can succeed in all of the challenges are WWH, WBH, War Hulk, Mindless Hulk, and PROBABLY Maestro.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
@Bluewater...

WWH breaking free from Nul control already crumble enchanted Uru. Now we just need to find out if Serpent enchantment=Odin enchantment.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/9397730/10-12-2011_20.jpg.html

The Hulks that can succeed in all of the challenges are WWH, WBH, War Hulk, Mindless Hulk, and PROBABLY Maestro.

Considering Odin's more powerful outright than the Serpent, I'd wager his enchantments are more powerful.

Mindset
Can you milk a bull?

Yes you can, but I wouldn't want to.

Igniz
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Considering Odin's more powerful outright than the Serpent, I'd wager his enchantments are more powerful.

thumb up

The fact the Serpent got ROFLSTOMPED by Odin in the beginning before Fear Itself.

carver9

I know but looking at depictions of both, its debatable if Thor hammer is>than the Serpents. Example...Magneto was able to control Mjlonir...he failed miserably at controlling Kuurth hammer.

confused

Damborgson
He deflected Mjolnir, and Kuurths hammer had cytorakk working for it also. Hence the unstoppable enchantment, then the loss of the enchantment after cytorakk created the loser known as colossonaut.

Branlor Swift
I know but looking at depictions of both, its debatable if Thor hammer is>than the Serpents. Example...Magneto was able to control Mjlonir...he failed miserably at controlling Kuurth hammer.

confused Because Kuurth's hammer was unstoppable. Due to Cytorrak's enchantment. Which made Kuurth more powerful. Because he was double powered up. That of course means he was more powerful. Due to double enchantment. Polesmoker

juggerman
Originally posted by Igniz
thumb up

The fact the Serpent got ROFLSTOMPED by Odin in the beginning before Fear Itself.

If Odin was so far above Serpent then why was he acting like a lil b!tch? He didn't wanna face Serpent again. He was pissing himself evil face

Bentley
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Depends how hungry he is. He could eat it.

bluewaterrider
Sounds like a Legion character.

No, seriously -- don't they have "Matter-Eater Man" or someone with a name like that whose power is LITERALLY to chew his way through anything?

It'd be fascinating to see what would happen if such a character went against a mystically tough object like Mjolnir, or even something non-magical but impossibly durable, like Captain America's shield.

Sin I AM
he ain't breaking a celestials armor, he's not knocking thanos out and no waay in hell is he breaking mjolnir

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by juggerman
If Odin was so far above Serpent then why ... didn't wanna face Serpent again ... ?

I wouldn't want to face anyone in the Marvel Universe strong enough to do this to Cap's unbreakable shield.

Somebody help me out here, too -- didn't some version of Thor with Odin's power actually strike Cap's shield and the shield dented but still held even though Odin-powered Thor struck with all his might?

By contrast, this little mustached Serpent guy does the following with his bare hands ...

bluewaterrider
A fuller look at the Serpent shield-breaking scene ...

DarkSaint85
Thor destroyed the shield, using the Odinforce, and killed Steve too. Then it was retconned.

Thor #73

Sin I AM
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I wouldn't want to face anyone in the Marvel Universe strong enough to do this to Cap's unbreakable shield.

Somebody help me out here, too -- didn't some version of Thor with Odin's power actually strike Cap's shield and the shield dented but still held even though Odin-powered Thor struck with all his might?

By contrast, this little mustached Serpent guy does the following with his bare hands ...

Thor rarely applies his power properly...he should be able to do alot more than he does

bluewaterrider
Too many retcons. Seems they're actively trying to "update" every classic story they ever did in these past 5 years ...

Here: Somebody please tell me where the following is from.

Heard this referred to as Odinforce Thor denting the shield and this is what I was referring to.

Comparing the physical striking force of Odin(Thor) to the physical barehanded force of the Serpent is my goal, of course ...

bluewaterrider
Half hour later, think I've got my answer.

Captain America's shield is apparently so lauded the world over that the few times anything happens to it, it makes news.

Wikipedia actually had an entry to it all on it's own.

No real details except mention of Odinforce and denting, but

Avengers Vol. 3 #63 (March 2003) is almost certainly where that scene just shown before, and now here as a link, originated.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14045274

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
he ain't breaking a celestials armor, he's not knocking thanos out and no waay in hell is he breaking mjolnir

Of course YOU would say this. Read a Hulk comic.

juggerman
So Odin powered Thor with Mjolnir could only dent it while Serpent ripped it in half like a phonebook.....

Gonna hafta say Serpent is pretty badass smokin'

Horrificus
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Because Kuurth's hammer was unstoppable. Due to Cytorrak's enchantment. Which made Kuurth more powerful. Because he was double powered up. That of course means he was more powerful. Due to double enchantment. Polesmoker Is "Polesmoker" some sort of compliment, only bestowed upon men of intellect?

Damborgson
Originally posted by juggerman
So Odin powered Thor with Mjolnir could only dent it while Serpent ripped it in half like a phonebook.....

Gonna hafta say Serpent is pretty badass smokin'

Depends on how you compare them though. Serpent broke the shield through physical might but thor blew holes in it with his eye beams.

Serpent's blasts ko'd the avengers but thors slagged adamantium and he beat the hulk and thing to death with his bare hands while stripped of the OF.

The Sorrow
Hulk would clear this gauntlet eventually, nothing on the list is unbreakable.

Zack Fair
2. Hurt Bor Physically
3. Knock Thanos out.
5. Break Celestial Armor

1. Don't see it happening, but who knows. Given the OP's "ever get strong enough" he might.
2. Yes.
3. Of course.
4. Already done it?
5. Same as 1, but he will need more time.

iceman24567
Of course YOU would say this. Read a Hulk comic.
Thats rich coming from you no expression

JakeTheBank
lol guy doesn't even know what counts as canon for Hulk.

carver9
lol guy doesn't even know what counts as canon for Hulk.

My fist to your face is going to be canon if you keep messing with me. mad

Just let me be in denial for a change.

JakeTheBank
My fist to your face is going to be canon if you keep messing with me. mad

Just let me be in denial for a change.

That's "What If?" territory, my friend. smile

Nope, you won't learn otherwise.

carver9
That's "What If?" territory, my friend. smile

Nope, you won't learn otherwise.

laughing out loud

bluewaterrider
If memory serves, the Wrecker's crowbar has an Asgardian enchantment on it, even as Mjolnir does, which makes it far, far more durable than what it looks like.

Question: do any of the other Wrecking Crew members' weapons carry the same class of enchantment?
The following is impressive no matter HOW you look at it, but even more so if the Norn Queen's magic amps Thunderball's wrecking ball like it does Dirk's...

Story Title: "Doomball"

Source: Defenders vol.1 #19
Writer: Chris Claremont (plotted by Len Wein)
Artists: Sal Buscema and K. Janson
Date: January 1975
http://www.defenders.ca/summary/defe19.htm

Silent Master
No, The Hulk can't break Mjolnir.

h1a8
WBH can easily break Mjolnir

Silent Master
No, he can't.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Depends on Celestials from which comic book arc . From their original appearance , he probably won't .

From the Mister Sinister cr@p of Uncanny X-Men , he probably could .

I am not sure about Hickman's boys(the Mad Celestials and Starchild) though .

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by h1a8
WBH can easily break Mjolnir
Based on ?

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Based on ?

Based on his lack of comic knowledge.

Mshinu
"Stupid hammer hurts Hulk`s haaand! SOB SOB!"

JakeTheBank
If he has infinite time to get angry and his anger will constantly keep going up in said time, eventually, he'll do all of this shit.

Astner

StiltmanFTW
He was amped.

psycho gundam
hulk's power is amping

Astner
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He was amped.
But the amp was finite, while his strength as a function of rage has no upper bound. Conclusively it would make sense for him to reach similar levels of strength if he was enraged enough.

abhilegend
Clears this.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Astner
But the amp was finite, while his strength as a function of rage has no upper bound. Conclusively it would make sense for him to reach similar levels of strength if he was enraged enough.

He will blow himself up and die first.

TheGodKiller

DarkSaint85
Where would people place Morlun, then?

He casually, without noticeable amping, took adamantium apart iirc.

As for the thread, can't see there being a limit to an enraged hulk.. ...more likely he gets so mad he obliterates whatever he's standing on.

Could he ever get that mad? Doubtful, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.