Who can take on: John Preston: Grammaton Cleric?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
John Preston: Grammaton Cleric from the movie: Equilibrium

tXOcXvqZlXI

Rules (applies for Preston and his opponent):

-No exotic weapons (no tech armor/magic items/etc)
-Basic nonmagical standard gear to the character allowed.
-Small arms allowed w/ choice of 200 rounds of any weapon of their choice (will weigh them down, tho). No heavy weapons like RPGs, grenade launchers or Miniguns.
-Opponent cannot have any superhuman/mystically granted abilities or skills. Abilities must be logically (even loosely) explainable.
-Fight takes place in an abandoned alley. They are 50 meters apart.

Placidity
Depends if the character is forced to conform to Equilibrium logic (or lack of it).

Originally posted by Nibedicus

-Opponent cannot have any superhuman granted abilities or skills.

That's very restrictive. I'm guessing it excludes characters like Wesley Gibson (Wanted).

- Wade Wilson
- Batman (Animated Films)
- Predator (Wolf) without Plasma Cannon, with cloak.
- Captain America (Animated and Live Action) (Considered Superhuman I guess?)

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Placidity
Depends if the character is forced to conform to Equilibrium logic (or lack of it).

That's very restrictive. I'm guessing it excludes characters like Wesley Gibson (Wanted).

- Wade Wilson
- Batman (Animated Films)
- Predator (Wolf) without Plasma Cannon, with cloak.
- Captain America (Animated and Live Action) (Considered Superhuman I guess?)

Hmm. The character may conform to the "logic" that exists within their respective universes. However, Preston's "GunKata" would work just as it would in his universe as well.

Wanted guy would def be a contender. Good find. big grin

Wade Wilson (Deadpool) is Superhuman, tho. He's a mutant after all.
Would even Animated batman survive the barrage of bullets from Preston with no exotic equipment allowed?
Predator is superhuman and is packing exotic weapons up the wazoo.
Cap is superhuman.

The Silent Hero
V (V for Vendetta)?

Silent Master
Anyone with a shotgun?

Mindset
Hmm. The character may conform to the "logic" that exists within their respective universes. However, Preston's "GunKata" would work just as it would in his universe as well.

Wanted guy would def be a contender. Good find. big grin

Wade Wilson (Deadpool) is Superhuman, tho. He's a mutant after all.
Would even Animated batman survive the barrage of bullets from Preston with no exotic equipment allowed?
Predator is superhuman and is packing exotic weapons up the wazoo.
Cap is superhuman. Wade Wilson isn't a mutant.

Not counting the abomination at the end of the movie...even then he's not a mutant, but he has super powers.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Mindset
Wade Wilson isn't a mutant.

Not counting the abomination at the end of the movie...even then he's not a mutant, but he has super powers.

I though the entire team were mutants assembled by Stryker to become his own personal superhuman black ops team (Tean X). I kinda thought he had superhuman speed/skill with guns like Agent Zero had superhuman speed/accuracy with guns.

Mindset
Nope.

And if anyone says differently they're a liar.

Nibedicus
Nope.

And if anyone says differently they're a liar.

Wouldn't say "liar". More like ppl who assumed (tho, admittedly, I'll have to rewatch my XMen origins and XMen2 DVD to see if it was referenced) that a person who can do what would normally "superhuman" (like slicing bullets in mid air) in a team full of mutants in a mutant movie assembled by a guy who tends to recruit mutants to do his dirty work is also a mutant.

Seems a reasonable assumption, but, like I said, doesn't have definitive evidence (such as being called a "mutant"wink, to my memory (tho I WILL check my DVDs tonight just to be sure).

Mindset
L-i-a-r.

Liar.

Nibedicus
L-i-a-r.

Liar.

I disagree.

argue

Unless...

Was it ever mentioned in the movie that Wade was human and not a mutant?

FrothByte
We could always put guys like Jason Borne, The Hitman, and Frank Martin in the mix. They certainly had good feats. Not sure if they can compete with the gun katas.

Ofcourse we could just get speed shooters (like maybe Roland Deschain). Considering that the katas are meant for close range, one-vs-many gun fights, I'd say that a speed shooter has a good chance of beating Preston at 50 meters apart.

Personally, I'd pick Bullseye (if he's allowed). Pretty hard to fight a guy that doesn't miss.

Placidity
I disagree.

argue

http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20120711/n4ffd01dfdde1c.gif

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Placidity
http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20120711/n4ffd01dfdde1c.gif

You coming on to me? :O

Sorry, bud. Not into that. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.