100Billion and your knowledge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Ok you wake up in either the Marvel or Dc universe (your choice) armed with only your comic book knowledge and a hefty sum of money

What do you do?

Juntai
So I wake up in Marvel or DC as the richest man on Earth?
Sweet.
I take a vacation.

-Pr-
I also take a vacation. Then get trained by Batman.

pym-ftw
Ok so my plan
evil face

Using my fortune i'd start by hiring a shield agent to locate TaskMaster
-1mil at most

I would then hire TaskMaster, Constrictor, and Chameleon as my body guards
-15mil

I would then send out a reward for the capture of the Lizard aka Curt Connors
-3mil

I would then hire Curt to create a new serum for Chameleon
-100Million

After having gained his abilities back I would send Chameleon out to start framing mutants for attacks against anti mutant politicians

I would reach out to the purifiers to join the Hellfire club, and get rejected

I would reach out and buy a talent agency, using it to lure Striker of the Avengers Academy...
-400mil

I would send TaskMaster out to bring me the Tinkerer

Using Chameleon as Striker's agent I would have Chameleon download Pym's Brain scanning technology

I would then have Tinkerer build me into a Cyborg body, made of the vibranium in Constrictors suit
-1Billion & Constrictor

I'm now Vibranium Ultron
raver
I take over the hellfire club and scan my mind into the Sentinels
I also get Honey Lemons Number
love

mastagambit
Visit Avengers Towers.
Take pictures.
Visit Wakanda.
Take pictures.
Visit the Savage Land.
Take pictures.

pym-ftw
^get eaten by Sauron

srankmissingnin
Roulette. Always bet on black. cool

Colossus-Big C
In DCU

Find a way to kill superman, permanently.
Seriously.

In Marvel

I would probably visit all the superhero characters and villians

DarkSaint85
Get Supermans powers.

Hire Starscream to protect me from Colossus Big C

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
In DCU

Find a way to kill superman, permanently.
Seriously.

In Marvel

I would probably visit all the superhero characters and villians

You're like Lex Luthor junior you are.

armedforbattle
In DC, make Lex luthor my homie and find a way to kill Superman... idk box made of kryptonite or something.

In marvel, chill with stark (you know 2 richest people ever type thing) and eventually convense him to make me a suit.

golem370
I would fine Spider-Man and give him the money and resources to aid in crime fighting.

Uriel005
Order 1 billion pizzas to be delivered to Doom. 10$ meat lovers from pizza hut stuffed crust.

have 90 billion leftover.

use remaining 90 billion for protection money.

Endless Mike
1. Buy one of those Cosmic Power Siphon Harnesses from Dr. Doom.
2. Steal the power of as many cosmics as I can
3. ????
4. Profit

SamZED
Part 1: Find Jackal.
Part 2: Pay Jackal to make me clones of Black Cat, Ms. Marvel, Sue Storm, Storm, MJ and Psylocke who would obey my every command.
Part 3: Buy Avengers mansion and move there with my clones.
Part 4: Happy Dance

TheGodKiller
Arrange to have AIM's CCU manufacturing tech plundered . Or at least its blueprints stolen . Recreate said tech , and when the time is right , use it to build a CCU . Use said CCU to give myself godlike powers , and alter reality so only I can use said CCU and nobody could foil my plans . Repeat said process 50 times . Get 50 CCUs . Enjoy my time as one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy .

Arrange to have Franklin Richards blood/tissue sample secretly delivered to me . Make sure that said sample is pure/untainted . Isolate his X-Gene , and then replicate it into my own genome via a state of the art gene therapy . Enjoy my time as one of the most powerful beings in the universe .

Have the individual members of the Illuminati tracked down , and their Infinity Gems stolen . Assemble the gems into the gauntlet . Enjoy my time as Supreme Being of the Universe .

Uriel005
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Arrange to have AIM's CCU manufacturing tech plundered . Or at least its blueprints stolen . Recreate said tech , and when the time is right , use it to build a CCU . Use said CCU to give myself godlike powers , and alter reality so only I can use said CCU and nobody could foil my plans . Repeat said process 50 times . Get 50 CCUs . Enjoy my time as one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy .

Arrange to have Franklin Richards blood/tissue sample secretly delivered to me . Make sure that said sample is pure/untainted . Isolate his X-Gene , and then replicate it into my own genome via a state of the art gene therapy . Enjoy my time as one of the most powerful beings in the universe .

Have the individual members of the Illuminati tracked down , and their Infinity Gems stolen . Assemble the gems into the gauntlet . Enjoy my time as Supreme Being of the Universe . still like my idea better.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Uriel005
still like my idea better.
Doom'll still find out who you are via searching your bio on wikipedia .

juggerman
Originally posted by SamZED
Part 1: Find Jackal.
Part 2: Pay Jackal to make me clones of Black Cat, Ms. Marvel, Sue Storm, Storm, MJ and Psylocke who would obey my every command.
Part 3: Buy Avengers mansion and move there with my clones.
Part 4: Happy Dance

eek!

DarkSaint85
Doom'll still find out who you are via searching your bio on wikipedia .

Better get Starscream on the line then.

Uriel005
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Better get Starscream on the line then. I'll hire Luke Cage for protection. If not ask Squirrel Girl to intercede on my behalf. Doom will surely acquiesce before her might.

TheGodKiller
I'll hire Luke Cage for protection. If not ask Squirrel Girl to intercede on my behalf. Doom will surely acquiesce before her might.
Do that from the very start .

Uriel005
Do that from the very start . just kinda want to see Luke deck Doom again. But IRL

Mindship
Marvel: Build an enormous neon sign in orbit that says, "Good Eats Here." Then when Galactus arrives I make The Deal.

DC: Build an Instrinsic Field Subtractor with absolutely no operational safeguards and step inside.

complexbrother

Have the individual members of the Illuminati tracked down , and their Infinity Gems stolen . Assemble the gems into the gauntlet . Enjoy my time as Supreme Being of the Universe .

THIS !!! evil face evil face evil face Happy Dance

Mshinu
Hire Bullseye to kill spiderman.

Newjak
Use 10 billion to have a magical/technological based portal system send me back into our world and live here with 90 billion dollars. Giving most away to other people with some left over then buy myself some nice toys to enjoy in this world.

I definitely wouldn't stay in either comic world cause 100 billion makes you an extremely likely target for many people, and odds are you would end up broke or dead or both before the year is over.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Newjak
Use 10 billion to have a magical/technological based portal system send me back into our world and live here with 90 billion dollars. Giving most away to other people with some left over then buy myself some nice toys to enjoy in this world.

I definitely wouldn't stay in either comic world cause 100 billion makes you an extremely likely target for many people, and odds are you would end up broke or dead or both before the year is over.

You wouldn't want to take any comic tech/powers back with you?

Newjak
Originally posted by Endless Mike
You wouldn't want to take any comic tech/powers back with you? I did think about that while typing it up.

Like an old Iron man suit, or maybe a death ray.

I might take some odds and ends back with me. Maybe a new type of energy source to help our world back here move unto the next stage of technology faster.

Mshinu
Yep, returning to our world sounds like a good idea. I`d invest some time and $$ in gaining immortality and telepathy before getting back I think. Should be enough, no sense in being greedy.

Digi
Have a beer.

Buy stock in the rivals of whatever companies you knuckleheads buy, create, or endorse.

Watch all of you die and/or fail at your ridiculous schemes.

Have another beer.

Batman-Prime
Buy a time machine, kick OF Thor and bors balls, cause they are weaksauce. Bitchslap Doom, Thanos and IF. Should they object, bitchslap them again.
In DC,, kick Guy Gardeners Balls, repeat, repeat, then kick Kyles Balls.

SquallX
Become Superman's best friend, uses him as my wing man. Make him teach me all there is about Kryptonian technology. Build one of his Super suits, like the one he used in Batman/Superman.

Learn how to use the Miracle Machine, befriend Mr. Mxy since him and Superman are pal somewhat,and become the ultimate badass.

Newjak
How exactly do you plan on becoming best pals with Superman?

juggerman
How exactly do you plan on becoming best pals with Superman?

Since he knows Supes is Kent and thru years and years of reading comics would know his likes and dislikes i don't see it being too hard

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Digi
Have a beer.

Buy stock in the rivals of whatever companies you knuckleheads buy, create, or endorse.

Have another beer.
Not gonna happen .

SquallX
Originally posted by juggerman
Since he knows Supes is Kent and thru years and years of reading comics would know his likes and dislikes i don't see it being too hard

Thank you.

Digi
Not gonna happen .

The only thing I might do is have someone locate a Lazarus Pit for me to use in case of emergency or old age.

But otherwise, seriously, I'd live a life apart from the super-shenanigans, and would stay out of the big cities. At LEAST half of these plans would fail utterly.

TheGodKiller
The only thing I might do is have someone locate a Lazarus Pit for me to use in case of emergency or old age.

But otherwise, seriously, I'd live a life apart from the super-shenanigans, and would stay out of the big cities. At LEAST half of these plans would fail utterly.
Lazarus Pits are for 150 year old dying buggers .

Mine won't . Cuz they are 100% foolproof , and destined to succeed .

Newjak

But otherwise, seriously, I'd live a life apart from the super-shenanigans, and would stay out of the big cities. At LEAST half of these plans would fail utterly. Do you think my plan of getting back home would fail miserably stick out tongue

Since he knows Supes is Kent and thru years and years of reading comics would know his likes and dislikes i don't see it being too hard Just because you know a lot about someone doesn't mean you guys are gonna be best friends. For one you knowing exactly who and what he likes would probably make him extremely suspicious of you. He can also tell when you are lying so he would easily see that you are just trying to use him to get more power and have selfish reasons.

I don't think anyone not truly trying to do good will get that close to Superman that he will teach you everything he knows.

golem370
Another thing I would do is build a team called the Bat-busters including members like Taskmaster, Sabretooth, Bullseye, Deathstroke, Typhoid Mary, Mister-X, Arnim Zola, Leader, & Bi-Beast, Purple Man. With the tech and smarts coupled with the skill and ruthlessness of their team it would be hard to beat. This group is to make Batman and family hell. With the team I would give them 10 billion dollars to aid the team.

mastagambit
Originally posted by pym-ftw
^get eaten by Sauron

eek!

juggerman
Just because you know a lot about someone doesn't mean you guys are gonna be best friends. For one you knowing exactly who and what he likes would probably make him extremely suspicious of you. He can also tell when you are lying so he would easily see that you are just trying to use him to get more power and have selfish reasons.

I don't think anyone not truly trying to do good will get that close to Superman that he will teach you everything he knows.

Well you wouldn't need to start off with "Hey i know everything you like!" And people lie to Supes all the time without him being any wiser. Plus even if you did tell him you were from another universe it's not like he hasn't heard that before.

Using his knowledge and tech for evil would prove difficult if not impossible but the whole "becoming his buddy" part would not be hard

Galan007
I get 100 billion, eh? Well in that case I'd borrow Reed's Anti-Galactus armor, and use it for 1.6 minutes.

/fortune

Endless Mike
Originally posted by golem370
Another thing I would do is build a team called the Bat-busters including members like Taskmaster, Sabretooth, Bullseye, Deathstroke, Typhoid Mary, Mister-X, Arnim Zola, Leader, & Bi-Beast, Purple Man. With the tech and smarts coupled with the skill and ruthlessness of their team it would be hard to beat. This group is to make Batman and family hell. With the team I would give them 10 billion dollars to aid the team.

You're going to have to go to both Marvel and DC to do this...

Newjak
Well you wouldn't need to start off with "Hey i know everything you like!" And people lie to Supes all the time without him being any wiser. Plus even if you did tell him you were from another universe it's not like he hasn't heard that before.

Using his knowledge and tech for evil would prove difficult if not impossible but the whole "becoming his buddy" part would not be hard Quick name me all the people Superman has allowed excess to his Kyprtonian tech and knowledge?

And yeah you could become his buddy just fine, if you're willingly not trying to harm or use him, but he will become the wiser if you are which is my point.

juggerman
Quick name me all the people Superman has allowed excess to his Kyprtonian tech and knowledge?

And yeah you could become his buddy just fine, if you're willingly not trying to harm or use him, but he will become the wiser if you are which is my point.

Bruce Wayne (whom doesn't even like Superman)
Lois Lane (who then shot him with a kryptonite gun)
Lex Luthor (in the movies)
Kara (who Clark just met)

Maybe use your 100 Billion to gain superpowers and walk right in yourself. Then when Superman arrives pretend to be a Kryptonian cousin of his and he'll spill everything he knows to you stick out tongue

Also i realise i used more than one "universe" but im just sayin big grin

SquallX
Quick name me all the people Superman has allowed excess to his Kyprtonian tech and knowledge?

There's professor Hamilton.

Never said I was going to use his tech for evil. Just wasn't going to be all noble all the damn time.

Newjak
Originally posted by SquallX
There's professor Hamilton.

Never said I was going to use his tech for evil. Just wasn't going to be all noble all the damn time. And who else.....

My point is it's a short list, and Superman isn't an idiot being a billionaire is not itself going to make you friends with Superman even if you know everything about him. Yeah if you prove yourself not to be a total ahole overtime you might earn his trust but by then everyone else will have already taken all your money.

juggerman
And who else.....

Uriel005

I definitely wouldn't stay in either comic world cause 100 billion makes you an extremely likely target for many people, and odds are you would end up broke or dead or both before the year is over. except the money becomes valueless in another dimension as the bills are no longer even validated within the same universes as usable currency in our home dimension. If your plan is to go to home dimension and be wealthy invest in tech commodities in DC/Marvel that have =/> value than 100 Billion. You could buy a quinjet, probably a doombot though I'd question the wisdom of bringing a doombot to a new universe for Doom to conquer. You could probably get Pym to just hand you a care package in return for funding his research with a hundred billion dollars the value of said care package would probably be worth so much in royalties in your native earth its not even funny. Hell fund a Peter Parker laboratory instead of Peter grubbing for money as from Tony.

Endless Mike
though I'd question the wisdom of bringing a doombot to a new universe for Doom to conquer.

Pffh, you honestly think Victor could do a worse job of running the world than the clowns who run it now?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Pffh, you honestly think Victor could do a worse job of running the world than the clowns who run it now? no its just that i don't want to die for being the first to stop clapping at one of his speeches.

Edit: also surprised that Carver has not decided to step in and use the money to sleep with she-hulk and bring Hulk back in a primary adamantium mystically reinforced petting zoo cage... at least we'll call it a "petting" zoo for the sake of any children viewing this post.

Endless Mike
Then you had better start practicing your clapping evil face

TheGodKiller
no its just that i don't want to die for being the first to stop clapping at one of his speeches.

Edit: also surprised that Carver has not decided to step in and use the money to sleep with she-hulk and bring Hulk back in a primary adamantium mystically reinforced petting zoo cage... at least we'll call it a "petting" zoo for the sake of any children viewing this post.
Dunno about that . Carver's a RL guy . One wrong climax , and there goes his manhood .

-Pr-
Bruce Wayne (whom doesn't even like Superman)
Lois Lane (who then shot him with a kryptonite gun)
Lex Luthor (in the movies)
Kara (who Clark just met)

Maybe use your 100 Billion to gain superpowers and walk right in yourself. Then when Superman arrives pretend to be a Kryptonian cousin of his and he'll spill everything he knows to you stick out tongue

Also i realise i used more than one "universe" but im just sayin big grin

Bruce is his best friend. And clark is his.
That was all-star.
pfft, movies.
kara proved she was his cousin...

Superman can also tell when a person is lying.

shrug

Astner
Live life and save a few million people to end up in heaven with the angels, if I have to believe in Jesus to end up in heaven—it's kind of ambiguous—I'll do that too. That and trying not to cross paths with villains.

DarkSaint85
Jeez just realised there's a few haters out there...

juggerman
Originally posted by -Pr-
Bruce is his best friend. And clark is his.
That was all-star.
pfft, movies.
kara proved she was his cousin...

Superman can also tell when a person is lying.

shrug

No no
I know big grin
Movies rock! rock
Didn't she prove it after he took her to the fortress? confused

Superman can't always tell when someone is lying. But even still there are ways around that. Pacemaker maybe?

Newjak
except the money becomes valueless in another dimension as the bills are no longer even validated within the same universes as usable currency in our home dimension. If your plan is to go to home dimension and be wealthy invest in tech commodities in DC/Marvel that have =/> value than 100 Billion. You could buy a quinjet, probably a doombot though I'd question the wisdom of bringing a doombot to a new universe for Doom to conquer. You could probably get Pym to just hand you a care package in return for funding his research with a hundred billion dollars the value of said care package would probably be worth so much in royalties in your native earth its not even funny. Hell fund a Peter Parker laboratory instead of Peter grubbing for money as from Tony. True I would probably bring more tech back then anything.

dmills
Buy Marvel. Start firing mothaphuckas. Rehire Andy Schmidt as editor in chief. Bring back DnA with full creative control. Keep Hickman, Jeff Parker, Mark Waid and Ed Brubaker. Steal Tony Bedard, Keith Giffen, and Geoff Johns away from DC. And finally, beg Mark Ellis to come back to full time comic writing.

My only editorial edict would be respect continuity.

TheGodKiller
Dunno about that . Carver's a RL guy . One wrong climax , and there goes his manhood .
And that's supposing he even has one to begin with .

MF DELPH
Personally, in either comic universe, I'd try to keep a low profile. A new multi-billionaire popping up out of the blue is likely going to arouse suspicion on both sides of the law, and the last thing you want to do in one of these universes is get caught spouting off all of the intimate knowledge you have on the heroes and villains from your years of reading comics with the wrong person listening. Let's say you choose DC and Batman is suspicious of a new billionaire with no corporate history or documentation whatsoever appearing on the scene and has Oracle digging through your emails and accounts and tapping your phone and bugging your house, and you just happen to be having a conversation about Final Crisis, Blackest Night, Superman Beyond. or Knightfall or Batman Year One. Chances are you're going to have a very candid talk with a pissed off Batman and end up in the protective custody of the JLA to be debriefed on what you know and how you gained that knowledge, as well as to keep you from ending up on an operating table in some lab having your memories extracted by Ultra Humanite and Gorilla Grodd.

Digi
Lazarus Pits are for 150 year old dying buggers .

Mine won't . Cuz they are 100% foolproof , and destined to succeed .

Let's see...

I'm not sure where to begin. But yes, this is a dumb plan. You'd wind up dead or in jail.

Do you think my plan of getting back home would fail miserably stick out tongue

Yours is not unlike my own. Aside from the attention you'd garner for acquiring dimension-portal technology, it's one of the more coherent plans in this thread.

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Personally, in either comic universe, I'd try to keep a low profile. A new multi-billionaire popping up out of the blue is likely going to arouse suspicion on both sides of the law, and the last thing you want to do in one of these universes is get caught spouting off all of the intimate knowledge you have on the heroes and villains from your years of reading comics with the wrong person listening. Let's say you choose DC and Batman is suspicious of a new billionaire with no corporate history or documentation whatsoever appearing on the scene and has Oracle digging through your emails and accounts and tapping your phone and bugging your house, and you just happen to be having a conversation about Final Crisis, Blackest Night, Superman Beyond. or Knightfall or Batman Year One. Chances are you're going to have a very candid talk with a pissed off Batman and end up in the protective custody of the JLA to be debriefed on what you know and how you gained that knowledge, as well as to keep you from ending up on an operating table in some lab having your memories extracted by Ultra Humanite and Gorilla Grodd.

thumb up

-Pr-
No no
I know big grin
Movies rock! rock
Didn't she prove it after he took her to the fortress? confused

Superman can't always tell when someone is lying. But even still there are ways around that. Pacemaker maybe?

lol, it's guy love.
no, she had shown it in the batcave stick out tongue

He can tell when a human is lying, and has done before.

It takes more than heartbeat, even if that's the most common method.

juggerman
lol, it's guy love.
no, she had shown it in the batcave stick out tongue

He can tell when a human is lying, and has done before.

It takes more than heartbeat, even if that's the most common method.

Well poop! sad

Well then you could pretend to be Superman's long lost Uncle Bkob(silent "k"wink and get free access to the Batcave then stick out tongue

Bruce lies to Clark all the time. Now that you're a multi billionaire you could pay for the same training Bats got and conceal everything.

-Pr-
Well poop! sad

Well then you could pretend to be Superman's long lost Uncle Bkob(silent "k"wink and get free access to the Batcave then stick out tongue

Bruce lies to Clark all the time. Now that you're a multi billionaire you could pay for the same training Bats got and conceal everything.

You saying you're as good a liar as Batman?

TheGodKiller
Let's see...

I'm not sure where to begin. But yes, this is a dumb plan. You'd wind up dead or in jail.
How ? All three scenarios are sure-shot tricks at attaining literal godhood .

I mean part 2 of my plan isn't particularly difficult at all , and part 3 has been nearly achieved by a bum like the Hood . Based my knowledge of how these characters operate, coupled with my knowhow regarding the infinity gems, I simply don't see myself failing .

Digi
How ? All three scenarios are sure-shot tricks at attaining literal godhood .

I mean part 2 of my plan isn't particularly difficult at all , and part 3 has been nearly achieved by a bum like the Hood . Based my knowledge of how these characters operate, coupled with my knowhow regarding the infinity gems, I simply don't see myself failing .

I don't have time to go point by point. But let's look at the very first sentence of your plan.

Arrange to have AIM's CCU manufacturing tech plundered.

Already there's a host of assumptions made here, and multiple steps in a complicated and delicate process that could fail numerous ways. I'm pretty sure this alone would land you in hot water with the wrong people, let alone the 5-6 increasingly implausible steps after it.

If you really think this would be as simple as throwing some money around and reaping the benefits, imo your grasp of reality is somewhat lacking.

juggerman
You saying you're as good a liar as Batman?

No of course not! ...Not yet anyway.... But with a hundred billion one dollar bills im sure i could but some "lie training" on par with the training Bruce Bruce aquired

-Pr-
No of course not! ...Not yet anyway.... But with a hundred billion one dollar bills im sure i could but some "lie training" on par with the training Bruce Bruce aquired

laughing out loud

Okay, good luck with that.

Don't forget your pacemaker, as Superman has caught Bruce lying before.

juggerman
laughing out loud

Okay, good luck with that.

Don't forget your pacemaker, as Superman has caught Bruce lying before.

Thanks for the well wishing!

Bruce has also gotten over on Supes many a time. Tho the pacemaker helps stick out tongue

TheGodKiller
I don't have time to go point by point. But let's look at the very first sentence of your plan.

Already there's a host of assumptions made here, and multiple steps in a complicated and delicate process that could fail numerous ways. I'm pretty sure this alone would land you in hot water with the wrong people, let alone the 5-6 increasingly implausible steps after it.

If you really think this would be as simple as throwing some money around and reaping the benefits, imo your grasp of reality is somewhat lacking.
Read the follow-up sentence . As a smart multi-billionaire, I am obviously not going to make rash decisions, without considering all the pros and cons of said stratagem .

IMO, I doubt being in "hot water" with all the "wrong people" would be consequential once the cube is made(whose development I'll personally supervise), and I make my wish .

-Pr-
Thanks for the well wishing!

Bruce has also gotten over on Supes many a time. Tho the pacemaker helps stick out tongue

Keeping secrets isn't the same as telling lies stick out tongue

juggerman
Keeping secrets isn't the same as telling lies stick out tongue

Every single one of my ex's would disagree with you. And they might beat you up too! laughing

-Pr-
Every single one of my ex's would disagree with you. And they might beat you up too! laughing

That's women; they don't count.

Don't tell them I said that.

juggerman
laughing

Digi
Read the follow-up sentence . As a smart multi-billionaire, I am obviously not going to make rash decisions, without considering all the pros and cons of said stratagem .

IMO, I doubt being in "hot water" with all the "wrong people" would be consequential once the cube is made(whose development I'll personally supervise), and I make my wish .

Do you really not see the issues here? You'd have to have a state-of-the-art lab constructed by numerous businesses and professionals, hire a team of elite scientists to oversee the project (you couldn't do nearly everything) and somehow keep it a secret from SHIELD, the governments, all the superheroes, pre-cogs, mystics, etc. And none of that even guarantees that the project will even work, because I guarantee you wouldn't understand the science yourself, so you'd be at the mercy of others in almost every aspect of the project.

You'd also need to be a savvy businessman to avoid unwanted attention in the first place, aside from any schemes, a position I doubt you have experience in.

There's also the matter of stealing the plans (something this particular post takes for granted), from an organization who has dealt with villainy and treachery and superhumans for decades. Without attracting attention, or failing, or making an enemy in the process.

This is a plan that would probably take you decades to even have a marginal chance at success. Smart money is on Nick Fury showing up at your door, an AIM assassin putting a bullet through your head, or you going bankrupt trying to fund a nefarious scheme. The fact that you continue to ignore the logistical issues of such a plan reinforces my earlier assessment.

Galan007
Oldschool sig/avy, eh?

Nice. thumb up

Digi
Originally posted by Galan007
Oldschool sig/avy, eh?

Nice. thumb up

Thanks. It's for my Thor v. Thor Title Belt BZ with Damborgson that is going live sometime soon.

And oddly, all my other Thor signatures were requests. This is the only KMC-member-neutral one I have.

Or was this not directed at me?

embarrasment

Newjak
Thanks. It's for my Thor v. Thor Title Belt BZ with Damborgson that is going live sometime soon.

And oddly, all my other Thor signatures were requests. This is the only KMC-member-neutral one I have.

Or was this not directed at me?

embarrasment Obviously he was referring to me no expression

And I had forgotten that you used to be Digimark instead of just Digi stick out tongue

Mindset
I learn the iron fist.

psycho gundam
Ok you wake up in either the Marvel or Dc universe (your choice) armed with only your comic book knowledge and a hefty sum of money

What do you do? put my money in the bank, then drink or fall into a vat of chemicals cause nothing can go wrong.

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
put my money in the bank, then drink or fall into a vat of chemicals cause nothing can go wrong. You could somehow turn into Thor.

df

TheGodKiller
Do you really not see the issues here? You'd have to have a state-of-the-art lab constructed by numerous businesses and professionals, hire a team of elite scientists to oversee the project (you couldn't do nearly everything) and somehow keep it a secret from SHIELD, the governments, all the superheroes, pre-cogs, mystics, etc. And none of that even guarantees that the project will even work, because I guarantee you wouldn't understand the science yourself, so you'd be at the mercy of others in almost every aspect of the project.

You'd also need to be a savvy businessman to avoid unwanted attention in the first place, aside from any schemes, a position I doubt you have experience in.

There's also the matter of stealing the plans (something this particular post takes for granted), from an organization who has dealt with villainy and treachery and superhumans for decades. Without attracting attention, or failing, or making an enemy in the process.

This is a plan that would probably take you decades to even have a marginal chance at success. Smart money is on Nick Fury showing up at your door, an AIM assassin putting a bullet through your head, or you going bankrupt trying to fund a nefarious scheme. The fact that you continue to ignore the logistical issues of such a plan reinforces my earlier assessment.
Honestly Digi , do you really think that I haven't taken into account all the fault's and/or loopholes of my plan , which might cause it to fail ?

Honestly speaking, the only problem I see is the cube somehow reacting to my subconscious doubts/fears and thereby messing up my wishes . I can nullify that problem(I have a few tricks up my
sleeve) . And no , I've read enough Captain America/Red Skull comics to understand the knowhow behind the construction/functioning of a CCU .

Don't worry about my business skills . I've got that covered .

Nope , smart planning will ensure that it only comes to fruition at best within a couple of years . Although , seeing how the Beyond dimension opens a rift only once every 30 years or so, it might indeed take decades to build the first cube . Once the first one is built however, the rest of the process is fair game .

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Astner
Live life and save a few million people to end up in heaven with the angels, if I have to believe in Jesus to end up in heaven—it's kind of ambiguous—I'll do that too. That and trying not to cross paths with villains.

It's implied in both Marvel and DC that you go to whatever afterlife you believe in.

Newjak
Honestly Digi , do you really think that I haven't taken into account all the fault's and/or loopholes of my plan , which might cause it to fail ?

Honestly speaking, the only problem I see is the cube somehow reacting to my subconscious doubts/fears and thereby messing up my wishes . I can nullify that problem(I have a few tricks up my
sleeve) . And no , I've read enough Captain America/Red Skull comics to understand the knowhow behind the construction/functioning of a CCU .

Nope , smart planning will ensure that it only comes to fruition at best within a couple of years . Although , seeing how the Beyond dimension opens a rift only once every 30 years or so, it might indeed take decades to build the first cube . Once the first one is built however, the rest of the process is fair game . I think you would be broke before that happens.

Honestly no one here in this Universe is smart enough to compete in a comicbook world in business. You'll get bought out or stymied at every corner by someone like Doom or Reed or Tony or Lex or Batman or Nick Fury or Ras A Ghul or the Penguin or AIM or Hydra or and I'm sure there are plenty of other people you can think of.

We may have a bunch of comic book knowledge which gives us a lot of insight to the type of people we are dealing with, maybe even a few weaknesses to exploit, but we'll never compete against them in straight up matches of skill and brain power.

Nibedicus
Do we get to choose w/c moments/periods in the comic we get to enter or do we enter in current Marvel/DC? Or do we enter at the DC/Marvel period based on the start of this thread?

pym-ftw
Enter at current

Digi

Maybe you have, and I'm just not giving you enough credit. Based on your posts, there's still many holes, but it's possible you've accounted for them privately.

Function and construction are very different. I have no doubt you understand how it operates. But the testing, precision, and math or its construction are comic-genius level. Nothing you or I could approach.

Fair enough. Can't really argue against this, so I'll take your word for it.

Nope , smart planning will ensure that it only comes to fruition at best within a couple of years . Although , seeing how the Beyond dimension opens a rift only once every 30 years or so, it might indeed take decades to build the first cube . Once the first one is built however, the rest of the process is fair game .

Agree to disagree then. This is all a bit too hypothetical to bring hard data into the debate. I still think you'd wind up jailed or dead, but I wish you luck in your universal domination.

TheGodKiller
Maybe you have, and I'm just not giving you enough credit. Based on your posts, there's still many holes, but it's possible you've accounted for them privately.

Function and construction are very different. I have no doubt you understand how it operates. But the testing, precision, and math or its construction are comic-genius level. Nothing you or I could approach.

Fair enough. Can't really argue against this, so I'll take your word for it.

Agree to disagree then. This is all a bit too hypothetical to bring hard data into the debate. I still think you'd wind up jailed or dead, but I wish you luck in your universal domination.
Trust me I have . As a response to this thread I would only post summarized versions of all the 3 options(the other 2 being Franklin and the IG) available to me .

That is why I mentioned that I would have it replicated, a statement which by itself indicates that the construction is going to be done by hired engineers/scientists, and the process would be similar to the Nautilus' creation in "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" or the Miracle Machine's development . If you've seen that movie or read that comic, then you'll know why I am adopting such an approach .

Thanks .

OK. But this is a hypothetical scenario being discussed in a thread which gives one such an option, and that too set in a universe consisting of bizarre things to which RL scientific laws don't apply . I think I have a fairly good chance of succeeding .

TheGodKiller
I think you would be broke before that happens.

Honestly no one here in this Universe is smart enough to compete in a comicbook world in business. You'll get bought out or stymied at every corner by someone like Doom or Reed or Tony or Lex or Batman or Nick Fury or Ras A Ghul or the Penguin or AIM or Hydra or and I'm sure there are plenty of other people you can think of.

We may have a bunch of comic book knowledge which gives us a lot of insight to the type of people we are dealing with, maybe even a few weaknesses to exploit, but we'll never compete against them in straight up matches of skill and brain power.
That's not really relevant though. First of all, all my plans are set in Marvel Universe, so you can forget about Lex, Bruce, Ras Al Ghul and anyone else of those DC schmucks .

This is not a business competition. This is masterminding and then executing a plan with the massive resources available at my hands, and I don't really see how I could fail in it, if I played all my cards right, and calculated all my moves correctly, consequently keeping in mind all the "ups" and "downs" such a stratagem would entail, and how to avoid all the "downs", while keeping the "ups" .

Newjak
That's not really relevant though. First of all, all my plans are set in Marvel Universe, so you can forget about Lex, Bruce, Ras Al Ghul and anyone else of those DC schmucks .

This is not a business competition. This is masterminding and then executing a plan with the massive resources available at my hands, and I don't really see how I could fail in it, if I played all my cards right, and calculated all my moves correctly, consequently keeping in mind all the "ups" and "downs" such a stratagem would entail, and how to avoid all the "downs", while keeping the "ups" . My point was is that whatever activities you are gonna be up to there are people that will definitely be there to stop you outright.

And it is a business competition you have 100 billion dollars but you have no resources other than that. In order to get said resources you are gonna have to invest the money to get them.

But my main point is that it doesn't matter how much calculations you do, how much planning or counter planning or trying to manage all possible pitfalls you and everyone else here try to procure and think their way to power just aren't in the same weight class as other people in comics.

You may know Doom likes cheeseburgers and that he knows magic and could have made a great Sorcerer Supreme doesn't change the fact that as soon as Doom gets a sniff of what you are up to you're toast. He'll take all your money and dispose of you quickly.

Same with Nick Fury and Shield.

No matter how much planning you think you've done you just can't compete intellectually against these people.

Even the people you would need to hire to help you could potentially backstab you unless you happen to buy the most honorable help you can get. And if they are real good guys they won't help you with your plan anyways.

TheGodKiller
My point was is that whatever activities you are gonna be up to there are people that will definitely be there to stop you outright.

And it is a business competition you have 100 billion dollars but you have no resources other than that. In order to get said resources you are gonna have to invest the money to get them.

But my main point is that it doesn't matter how much calculations you do, how much planning or counter planning or trying to manage all possible pitfalls you and everyone else here try to procure and think their way to power just aren't in the same weight class as other people in comics.

You may know Doom likes cheeseburgers and that he knows magic and could have made a great Sorcerer Supreme doesn't change the fact that as soon as Doom gets a sniff of what you are up to you're toast. He'll take all your money and dispose of you quickly.

Same with Nick Fury and Shield.

No matter how much planning you think you've done you just can't compete intellectually against these people.

But that's the whole point. I am not trying to compete intellectually with any of these people. I am aiming at attaining godhood, and the one option which both you and Digi have given me hell over, is exactly that: ONE of the 3 options at my disposal .

At the end of the day, with everything I've considered, I don't see myself failing .

PS : Since the recent F4 arc was out today, I'll address Doom alone out of all the people you mention who'd crush me with ease. Based on his recent portrayal, Doom will be disinterested in a scheme of godhood, so I doubt he'll bother to investigate .

Even the people you would need to hire to help you could potentially backstab you unless you happen to buy the most honorable help you can get. And if they are real good guys they won't help you with your plan anyways.
I covered that point in my previous reply to Digi .

Newjak
But that's the whole point. I am not trying to compete intellectually with any of these people. I am aiming at attaining godhood, and the one option which both you and Digi have given me hell over, is exactly that: ONE of the 3 options at my disposal .

At the end of the day, with everything I've considered, I don't see myself failing .

PS : Since the recent F4 arc was out today, I'll address Doom alone out of all the people you mention who'd crush me with ease. Based on his recent portrayal, Doom will be disinterested in a scheme of godhood, so I doubt he'll bother to investigate .

I covered that point in my previous reply to Digi . It doesn't matter if you are trying to the sheer fact you are going after godhood is going to attract these type of people, 100 billion dollars is not an amount people are going to ignore.

Villains will obviously go after you. You are gonna be SHEILDS radar. Tony's radar.

Your quest for godhood is going to get noticed and you being a person from this world simply won't be able to compete on any fathomable level against those people.

Getting DNA samples from Franklin will get the attention of the FF4, getting the gems from the IG will be impossible no matter how much money you throw at it.

How exactly did you cover it all you said it will be like the Natulis' development and the Miracle Machine's. What exactly does that mean?

TheGodKiller
It doesn't matter if you are trying to the sheer fact you are going after godhood is going to attract these type of people, 100 billion dollars is not an amount people are going to ignore.

Villains will obviously go after you. You are gonna be SHEILDS radar. Tony's radar.

Your quest for godhood is going to get noticed and you being a person from this world simply won't be able to compete on any fathomable level against those people.

Getting DNA samples from Franklin will get the attention of the FF4, getting the gems from the IG will be impossible no matter how much money you throw at it.

How exactly did you cover it all you said it will be like the Natulis' development and the Miracle Machine's. What exactly does that mean?
All these hypothetical failures you're attributing to me have already been considered .

Hardly . The poop/piss that Franklin excretes , or the blood samples that can be attained from a possible flu-shot , are very likely going to be a good enough source of his X-Gene to me . If its done in a discrete manner , I doubt that the F4 will even bother , let alone notice what I am upto .

A bum like the Hood almost succeeded at it , without any sort of proper planning . I am pretty sure that my chances will be higher than the Hood's .

Brockalizer

What do you do? If I goto the DCU from the real world, do I get the same amp that makes SBP more powerful than Superman?

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Brockalizer
If I goto the DCU from the real world, do I get the same amp that makes SBP more powerful than Superman? Take the money, goto the Marvel Universe and pay Forge to create a series of weapons and gadgets.
1. Ink, created from a pulverised gem of cytorak (purchased from Juggernaut), and put into a tattoo gun. Then have all the ink used in an ellaborate body tattoo for myself.
2. A gadget that will allow me to freely teleport between any time in any universe.
3. A sceptre that functions in the same way as the Soul Gem.
4. A medalion that neutralizes the powers of any super powered being in a 1 mile radius and makes me immune to psychics.
5. A replicator that can create an exact duplicate of any substance I wish.

I would then take my treasures and freely travel between all universes going Mxy on all my favorite and least favorite heroes and villains.
Maybe travel back in time an turn Jonathan Kent into an abusive drunk, or send baby Kal-El to Mr. Sinister's orphanage. Or, I could make Dr. Doom volunteer in a soup kitchen. I could set things up so the different Crisises and events would end how I wanted them too i.e DoS ends with Guy Gardner leaving a Cleveland steamer on Superman's grave.

Cogito
Originally posted by Brockalizer
If I goto the DCU from the real world, do I get the same amp that makes SBP more powerful than Superman?

Huh?

SBP is more powerful because he's a PC Kryptonian, not because he universe-hopped...

Brockalizer
I'd go to DC's Prime universe, the one where SBP comes from, buy DC comics and publish a crisis where Superman is faced with the choice of either killing Ma and Pa Kent with his bare hands or allowing an entire universe to die.

Cogito
If in Marvel:
1. Pick up some advanced tech. Doesn't need to be shit from Reed's closet, pretty much everything in the Marvel U is more advanced than ours.
2. Find Reed. He'd probably find it fascinating that I'm from another universe.
3. Convince Reed to use his tech to send me back (with whatever tech I can take with me)
4. Return to the real universe with advanced tech, which I then sell for big money.
5. Profit.

If DC:
All of the above, except swap out Reed for someone else. Universe hopping is less common in DC, but still possible. Unlike Reed, nobody in DC can be easily found in a NYC tower. It may take a little longer to get the job done, but it should still be possible.

*I'm assuming I can't just take my $100 billion home with me, since it'd be Marvel or DC dollars.

**Phuck if I'm staying in the Marvel U or DCU. Blows me away that supervillains haven't destroyed those planets a thousand times over.

Alias Stone
lol, it's guy love.

Thanks to this I got the guy love song stuck in my head

TheGodKiller
It's been almost a year since I posted in this thread. Ever since then, I actually traveled to the Marvel Universe, got what I had set out to acquire in all the 3 ways I hypothesized, got bored, returned home and then renounced everything that I achieved to once again live a realistic real-life life.

Suck on it, Digi and Newjak. I proved both of you wrong in the span of just one year. thumb up

Digi
It's been almost a year since I posted in this thread. Ever since then, I actually traveled to the Marvel Universe, got what I had set out to acquire in all the 3 ways I hypothesized, got bored, returned home and then renounced everything that I achieved to once again live a realistic real-life life.

Suck on it, Digi and Newjak. I proved both of you wrong in the span of just one year. thumb up

I love that you bumped this thread just to rub a hypothetical, nonexistent victory in our faces. I lol'd.

My opinion of your plan hasn't changed, btw. You'd be dead or in jail before completing even a fraction of it. I'm tickled that you think so highly of your skills - and of course there's the chance that you're right - but unfortunately the debate has to remain in the abstract.

And of course, I'm not without potential delusions as well. Blair and I remain convinced we'd be epic GLs if you handed us rings.

In the meantime, I like my original plan:
Have a beer.

Have another beer.

Delph's plan is the only other one that seems rational to me.

DarkSaint85
Blair and I remain convinced we'd be epic GLs if you handed us rings.

Ch'P and Guy.

TheGodKiller
I love that you bumped this thread just to rub a hypothetical, nonexistent victory in our faces. I lol'd.

My opinion of your plan hasn't changed, btw. You'd be dead or in jail before completing even a fraction of it. I'm tickled that you think so highly of your skills - and of course there's the chance that you're right - but unfortunately the debate has to remain in the abstract.

And of course, I'm not without potential delusions as well. Blair and I remain convinced we'd be epic GLs if you handed us rings.
There is nothing left to debate about. I already did everything I listed in my old posts. I set out to achieve great things, did achieve great things, got bored, and then returned home, all in the span of one year of RL time.

http://www.crushable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Walter-White-I-Won.gif

Newjak
There is nothing left to debate about. I already did everything I listed in my old posts. I set out to achieve great things, did achieve great things, got bored, and then returned home, all in the span of one year of RL time.

http://www.crushable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Walter-White-I-Won.gif I believe you belong in a white padded room.

TheGodKiller
^You're just jealous that I met with and screwed all the well-known(and relatively unknown) female characters of Marvel Comics during my time there. cool

Uriel005
no its just that i don't want to die for being the first to stop clapping at one of his speeches.

Edit: also surprised that Carver has not decided to step in and use the money to sleep with she-hulk and bring Hulk back in a primary adamantium mystically reinforced petting zoo cage... at least we'll call it a "petting" zoo for the sake of any children viewing this post. man forgot about this post... lol

maxivitopowe
I'd assemble my own teams

also get Toad to train with Shang Chi

Kick start Pete

beatboks
In DC pay for an industrial espionage agent t steal the plans to Meton's Helmet and Promethium from Dayton industries, and pay a scientist to build it with Promethium as it's new power source (never ending endless energy) .

Use the helmet to steal Booster Gold's uniform ( and with it it's built in time travel devices) and The Cosmic Rod and Cosmic Converter belt from whoever currently holds them. Use the time/spatial travel of Boosters uniform to go back in time and acquire as much Nth metal as I could before Thanagarians knew what it was.

Have the scientist on my payroll incorporate all the power devices into a single uniform incorporating the benefits of one into others (for example this would give me Brainiac 5"s force field belt (Booster's) powered by Promithium making it virtually the strongest force in existence. The TP/TK of the Helmet would be above just about anything but the highest level of Pheonix. The combined physical enhancements of Boosters suit with the CCB would make me 100+ easily. and to cap it all off I'd have complete control over Gravity, electromagnetic spectrum AND because of the nth Metal complete control of the four fundermental forces of the universe.

Now I take over everything, since I'm practically a reality warper.

carver9
Would pay a genius to give me a healing factor, super strength, and speed and live eternally as one of the richest men on the planet while being able to take care of myself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.