Dos Doomsday vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Both combatants are tied at the wrist by a 5ft adamantium cable

Fight on Skuttlebutt

-Pr-
In a straight up fight I'd pick Gladiator, but the cable does mix things up quite a bit. As long as Gladiator varies things up, he can take it.

ODG
I love the adamantium cable idea.

One thing's for sure: Skuttlebutt is f#cked.

dmills
Glads

byrdgang21
Cool thread idea!! I'm kinda leaning towards DD tho

Glorificus
Gladiator.

abhilegend
Doomsady beats the **** out of gladiator.

carver9
Gladiator wins.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by abhilegend
Doomsady eats the **** out of gladiator.

Gladiator wins.

Horrificus
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Both combatants are tied at the wrist by a 5ft adamantium cable

Fight on Skuttlebutt Correction...
Doomsday has a 5ft adamantium cable connecting him to a disembodied, blue hand in a red stripper glove.

abhilegend
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Gladiator wins.
Lulz.

Endless Mike
DoS Doomsday was taken out (at least for long enough to count as a forum win) by a Superman who was, at the time, much weaker than Gladiator. I vote for Gladiator.

ODG
^ thumb up

Gladiator's speed advantage is severely negated by the cable, but even then I don't think that's enough.

ozz81
yeah probably Glads

abhilegend
Originally posted by Endless Mike
DoS Doomsday was taken out (at least for long enough to count as a forum win) by a Superman who was, at the time, much weaker than Gladiator. I vote for Gladiator.
No, he wasn't much weaker if weaker than gladiator at all. His lows are higher than gladiator's and his high end feats are superior to gladiator's. Anyway doomsday stomped superman at least 4 times, one time oneshotting him and martian manhunter(bloodwynd) and shrugged off HV, MV, Guy's qwadrian ring, fire and booster's attacks simultaneously. Heck, superman was hurting his hands punching him. The fact that an all out superman killed him doesn't makes doomsday weaker like it doesn't makes imperiex probes weaker but that only works for marvel characters on kmc.

carver9

This.

-Pr-
Much weaker? No. Weaker? Yes.

Endless Mike
No, he wasn't much weaker if weaker than gladiator at all. His lows are higher than gladiator's and his high end feats are superior to gladiator's.

If you're talking about Superman around and after 1998 or so, maybe, but DoS Superman was just barely leaving the Byrne era, wasn't he?

JakeTheBank
but that only works for marvel characters on kmc.

Elaborate.

DTM
Going with DOS Doomsday to beat Gladiator. That Doomsday fought and defeated not only Superman (their final match proved their battle was essentially a tie), but Maxima, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl (Matrix), Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, Fire, Ice and Blue Beetle. I dont see Gladiator with the ability to do close to that kind of damage, or beat that level of team.

Batman-Prime
DD fought a Lot of heroes before Superman took him down. Even so both died. Gladiator might be a little stronger but without his flight his greatest advantage is taken, his speed also negatet. DD will outlast him,, wear him down..

abhilegend
If you're talking about Superman around and after 1998 or so, maybe, but DoS Superman was just barely leaving the Byrne era, wasn't he?
I'm talking about the same byrne superman around DOS. He isn't much weaker if weaker than gladiator at all.

Endless Mike
...I disagree.

-Pr-
DOS Superman was a legitimate herald. I don't see where the "much" comes from, tbh.

Weaker, sure, but the gap isn't astronomical imo.

abhilegend
...I disagree.
Good for you. Doesn't makes you right though. We can match both space cheese and battle feats if you like so.

Mshinu
Glads takes this.

Sixth_Winged
Gas station exploding KO?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Gas station exploding KO?
Corsair's laser gun KTFO? Gambit's exploding cards KTFO? Gladiator's lows are lower than byrne superman's.

pym-ftw
To be fair we have no idea the power of corsair's pistol

Endless Mike
Probably because Gladiator has more appearances than that one Superman version.

abhilegend
To be fair we have no idea the power of corsair's pistol
Yeah, it was producing supernovas.durOriginally posted by Endless Mike
Probably because Gladiator has more appearances than that one Superman version.
No, he doesn't.

pym-ftw
^can you prove it wasn't
ninja

abhilegend
^can you prove it wasn't
ninja
Yeah, it was producing supernovas.facepalm

Galan007
Doomsday wins.

Lord Feron
Glads chokes DD out with the cable. wink

abhilegend
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Glads chokes DD out with the cable. wink
Doomsday doesn't need to breath.

juggerman
Doomsday doesn't need to breath.

Choking out usually is cutting off oxygen to the brain.

Rage.Of.Olympus

What are you talking about? How was Superman much weaker than Gladiator at the time? I take it you haven't actually read up on the Superman of that era, because this can't be anything but ignorance speaking.

I'll admit he wasn't much on space cheese feats for a time, due to wanting to separate him from the Pre-Crisis incarnation but that's moot because that shit doesn't decide whether peers rank over one another. Not that Superman wouldn't beat Gladiator in a feat war during any era, just pointing out that beating up the Justice League is always going to be far more impressive than destroying a planet or something (Powerful roster).

The Superman that fought Doomsday was at least as powerful as Kallark on average, and like most people would expect, above him most definitely when cutting loose.

Anyways, tied at the wrist together, Kallark will get his face beaten to a pulp sooner or later.

Galan007
Originally posted by juggerman
Choking out usually is cutting off oxygen to the brain. If DD's brain required o2, he wouldn't be able to survive in space unaided... But he can/has on several occasions.

juggerman
Originally posted by Galan007
If DD's brain required o2, he wouldn't be able to survive in space unaided... But he can/has on several occasions.

Superman requires Oxygen and he has survived in space unaided... confused

Galan007
Supes required o2 to survive in space decades ago, yeah... But what does Superman have to do with DD? DD has never required o2 (as evident by the 3-4 times he's existed in space unaided.)

juggerman
Supes required o2 to survive in space decades ago, yeah... But what does Superman have to do with DD? DD has never required o2 (as evident by the 3-4 times he's existed in space unaided.)

My point was that just because someone survives in space doesn't automatically mean they don't ever need to breathe. Or that their body/brain doesn't require any oxygen at all ever. That is all

-K-M-
Doomsday was floating in space for years and years, very unlikely he needs O2.

juggerman
Maybe he just has big lungs big grin

abhilegend
Originally posted by juggerman
Maybe he just has big lungs big grin
Doomsday has no internal organ. He's entirely solid except a nervous system.

dmills
I think that the issue here is that people have a tendency to treat the entire DOS arc (and the characters therein) as a sort of microcosm that exists separately from the other stuff. The lows are just too low, and thus peeps just sort of set it aside as it's own thing as a rationalization.

So when the OP specifically states that this is DOS Doomsday, what automatically runs to the forefront of our minds is the infamous exploding gas station KO, not any of what came before or after that arc. Prolly not fair, but that's on the OP.

Galan007
Originally posted by -K-M-
Doomsday was floating in space for years and years, very unlikely he needs O2. He also had a full-scale battle with Imperiex Probes in space. He was also taken to the moon during DD Wars and in AC... He had no problems surviving.

-K-M-
Yep, so I'm pretty sure sooner or later they will reveal Doomsday is Canadian and that's the reason he is so powerful...YEAH I SAID IT!

Galan007
Originally posted by -K-M-
Yep, so I'm pretty sure sooner or later they will reveal Doomsday is Canadian That would likely be the reason he's deteriorated so much over the years. thumb up

dmills
laughing out loud

KuRuPT Thanosi
Corsair's laser gun KTFO? Gambit's exploding cards KTFO? Gladiator's lows are lower than byrne superman's.

BTW.. Gas Station is worse than Laser Gun

-Pr-
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

Doesn't change the fact that gas station is a low showing, not the norm.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree PR.. just responding to his post about what's is worse. Just like Laser Gun isn't the norm for Glads either.

JakeTheBank
but that only works for marvel characters on kmc.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Elaborate.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How is Superman being temporarily downed by the Gas Station worse than Corsair one shotting him with a laser pistol? Superman had already traded punches with Doomsday before that. And I'm not sure a generic laser gun is more powerful than a gas station as is.

Originally posted by dmills
I think that the issue here is that people have a tendency to treat the entire DOS arc (and the characters therein) as a sort of microcosm that exists separately from the other stuff. The lows are just too low, and thus peeps just sort of set it aside as it's own thing as a rationalization.

So when the OP specifically states that this is DOS Doomsday, what automatically runs to the forefront of our minds is the infamous exploding gas station KO, not any of what came before or after that arc. Prolly not fair, but that's on the OP.

What lows? The gas station thing is overrated. DOS Doomsday would beat the shit out of Gladiator in a fist fight.

psycho gundam
careful, rage, gladiator knocked out thor

-K-M-
That would likely be the reason he's deteriorated so much over the years. thumb up

More then likely....*thinks about it*......wait......heeeeeeey, shut up sad

dmills
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
How is Superman being temporarily downed by the Gas Station worse than Corsair one shotting him with a laser pistol? Superman had already traded punches with Doomsday before that. And I'm not sure a generic laser gun is more powerful than a gas station as is.

What lows? The gas station thing is overrated. DOS Doomsday would beat the shit out of Gladiator in a fist fight.

I'm not even talking to you anymore until you get rid of that vomit inducing set.

abhilegend
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
No, its not.Originally posted by JakeTheBank

The notion here is that since DOS superman killed doomsday, doomsday was weaker than superman not that superman went all out and killed a being who he was hurting his hands punching him. Compare that to thor killing durok or any other such instance and you would get your answer.

pym-ftw
Yeah, it was producing supernovas.facepalm
Concession Accepted
smokin'
All I'm saying is, its possible the laser functions like Ultrons E-beam or is gamma powered (a known weakness of Kallark)

-Pr-
You'd need to prove that, though.

abhilegend
Concession Accepted
smokin'
All I'm saying is, its possible the laser functions like Ultrons E-beam or is gamma powered (a known weakness of Kallark)
lolwut? Gamma radiation isn't a weakness of gladiator. Do you even know this character kid? Leave "concession accepted" to grown ups.

Horrificus
Corsair's laser gun KTFO? Gambit's exploding cards KTFO? Gladiator's lows are lower than byrne superman's. Defeat by kid Cannonball is one of my favorites.

Horrificus
Supes required o2 to survive in space decades ago, yeah... But what does Superman have to do with DD? DD has never required o2 (as evident by the 3-4 times he's existed in space unaided.) Agreed. DD was created in a horribly hostile alien environment, probably oxygen-free. If breathing had anything to do with his survival, he probably would have died once, when first appearing on Earth.
If he ever breathed anything, it was different from Earth air.

pym-ftw
lolwut? Gamma radiation isn't a weakness of gladiator. Do you even know this character kid? Leave "concession accepted" to grown ups.
He has a weakness to radiation brought up against hulk

Children>you
By your own admission

carver9
Gladiator is being lowballed here and like usual, Superman is being overhyped. I'm use to Rage lowballing Glads but the rest of you all (except ABHI), Da**.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by -Pr-
You'd need to prove that, though.
All im saying is if the power of an attack is unknown you can't really call it a low showing

abhilegend
He has a weakness to radiation brought up against hulk

Children>you
By your own admission
An unknown type of radiation which gets brought up every time it was used against him.

You're not getting into "Abhi did THAT" mode, are you? Cuz that's pretty unoriginal at this point. Use something else.Originally posted by pym-ftw
All im saying is if the power of an attack is unknown you can't really call it a low showing
Yeah, it was a generic laser gun which street levelers tank all the time, in fact corsair used it against colossus and a lot of other x-men. Obviously nobody was killed by that supernova producing gun.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator is being lowballed here and like usual, Superman is being overhyped. I'm use to Rage lowballing Glads but the rest of you all (except ABHI), Da**.

Shut up.

You can by comparison, though.

And even if we were to take your logic, you can't use it as some sort of higher feat.

Badabing
Shut up. Poor Carver. sad

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Poor Carver. sad

If he only knew what you said about him in the mod section...

carver9
If he only knew what you said about him in the mod section...

sad

DTM
I for one am not lowballing Gladiator at all, I like him, and I agree hes High Herald level power, but even DOS Doomsday was strong enough to beat a JLA that I dont see Gladiator beating, or that close really. Gladiator is strong, to me DOS Doomsday is just stronger.

pym-ftw
you can by comparison, though.

And even if we were to take your logic, you can't use it as some sort of higher feat.
I could use it as a high showing for Corsair's pistol
smart

pym-ftw
Originally posted by DTM
I for one am not lowballing Gladiator at all, I like him, and I agree hes High Herald level power, but even DOS Doomsday was strong enough to beat a JLA that I dont see Gladiator beating, or that close really. Gladiator is strong, to me DOS Doomsday is just stronger.
Would you put dos doomsday at low trans?

DTM
I dont know, wheres the power level chart here? smile

-Pr-
I could use it as a high showing for Corsair's pistol
smart

Not really, seeing as Gladiator's been stabbed by Wolverine and knocked on his ass by Gambit.

But those are low feats. Just like the pistol.

pym-ftw
Do you think Gladiators skin is harder than Colossus's?

DTM
Id say Gladiator is more durable than Colossus, yes.

-Pr-
Do you think Gladiators skin is harder than Colossus's?

It should be, to be honest. Though there is the Wolverine thing...

pym-ftw
That's what I was referring to, it could also be explained by the fact that because Colossus's skin has no give the claws just slide across

-Pr-
When a character is that durable, it's not supposed to have any give. Look at someone like Superman for instance.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What are you talking about? How was Superman much weaker than Gladiator at the time? I take it you haven't actually read up on the Superman of that era, because this can't be anything but ignorance speaking.

I'll admit he wasn't much on space cheese feats for a time, due to wanting to separate him from the Pre-Crisis incarnation but that's moot because that shit doesn't decide whether peers rank over one another. Not that Superman wouldn't beat Gladiator in a feat war during any era, just pointing out that beating up the Justice League is always going to be far more impressive than destroying a planet or something (Powerful roster).

The Superman that fought Doomsday was at least as powerful as Kallark on average, and like most people would expect, above him most definitely when cutting loose.

Anyways, tied at the wrist together, Kallark will get his face beaten to a pulp sooner or later.

From what I had been reading, Superman around the DoS era was maybe 2 - 10 times as powerful as his DCAU version.

Horrificus
Would you put dos doomsday at low trans? I think the ability and power to defeat a strong JLA should place him in that tier.
A character that can do this, under their own power, going solo, should definitely be classed above "herald" at least.

MrMind
isn't DOS Doomsday the weakest version of Doomsday?

Galan007
Rex was, imo.

guy222
thumb up

armedforbattle
I think gladiator, having superior speed, ends up wrapping the cable around doomsdays neck... Then pulls tighter and tighter until it decapitates doomsday

Juntai
Originally posted by armedforbattle
I think gladiator, having superior speed, ends up wrapping the cable around doomsdays neck... Then pulls tighter and tighter until it decapitates doomsday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Horrificus
How much faster is Gladiator than DD?
And, what is he going to do once he has a cable around DD's neck?

Philosophía
If Superman could barely keep up with Doomsday's combat speed, Gladiator would be at a disadvantage, to say the least.

Doomsday wins.

Horrificus
Why did people use Gladiator's speed as a factor against Doomsday? I was waiting to see more knowledgeable (about DD and Glads) explain how these two measure up speed-wise.
Because, I always thought that DD was considered seriously fast.

DTM
Doomsdays fighting speed and reaction time was on par with Supermans, so I dont see speed being a big factor for Gladiator in this fight.

Horrificus
And, if speed isn't a factor, I guess we are talking about resilience and strength. Also, pure viciousness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.