Ao no Exorcist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
This manga is decent.

It's seriously like a combination of these three:

Harry Potter
D.Gray-man
Naruto

If you mixed all three of those "universes" together, it would be this manga.

It's like Harry Potter in that they go to this giant school grounds that has magical protections, magical hidden places, and plenty of place to get lost...has a headmaster, and various powerful instructors. Oh, and, them magical "chosen boy."

it's like D.Gray-man in that they combat evil demons and they are like military units. The whole setup feel very much D.Gray-man. The Earl of Milennium is definitely the "Satan" of Ao no Exorcist. The demons of AnE definitely have an Akuma feel. On top of that, the Akuma and Demons come in their own class of "strength" making that even further a parallel. Even the military units of each are both called "Exorcists." no expression

However, the parallels to Naruto seem to abound as the whole academy thing has a very real Naruto feel to it. There are even ranks of Exorcists that feels just like Naruto ninja ranks. The whole "train harder to get better and pass the exam" thing is very Naruto-ish, too. I don't want to spoil anything but there is even a test that is suspiciously similar to the first test Kakashi gave Team 7 in Naruto. no expression

Anyway, if you like Naruto, Harry Potter, and D.Gray-man, you'll like this. I can see this manga taking off and becoming the new "Naruto" once Naruto ends. I like Naruto more, however. The writing in this one needs to improve. Or rather, the dialogue itself needs to improve.

Q99
It's very good.

It also reminds me of the pre-Soul Society Bleach stuff. Back when hollows were scary.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
It's very good.

It also reminds me of the pre-Soul Society Bleach stuff. Back when hollows were scary.

lol! Forgot about that...because it is been almost a decade!

Clovie
I liked it. It's quite hilarious smile

danteiscool
it is pretty good. and given that it is only at about 40 chapters or so in length so far, there is still a lot of room to improve.

Clovie
but I think they're not making any new episodes anymore, or it's no hiatus. and manga is far more advanced...

danteiscool
that it is. though the manga chapters themselves don't come out at a consistent rate either.

dadudemon
It is nice to see you around these parts, Clovie. big grin

Clovie
Originally posted by dadudemon
It is nice to see you around these parts, Clovie. big grin

winkiss

I've started watching anime again. it's quite refreshing. especially when I got to know that there some other nice things and not only shoujo big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.