Battle of the Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mastagambit
Wrath of the Titans Ares with hammer.
versus
Avengers Thor with hammer.
versus
Immortals Zeus with chain link.
Triple threat match.
Who wins?

Newjak
I think Ares is the clear loser in this fight.

Thor has the most destructive power, and is the most versatile with his powers.

Immortals Gods though were incredibly fast which could aid Zeus in this fight.

mastagambit
Originally posted by Newjak
I think Ares is the clear loser in this fight.

Thor has the most destructive power, and is the most versatile with his powers.

Immortals Gods though were incredibly fast which could aid Zeus in this fight.

Yes,Zeus moved incredibly fast. Super fast in some degree.
But Ares on the other hand is no pushover.
He is clearly very strong.He easily overpowers Perseus.
I see him and Thor duking it out hammer versus hammer.

juggerman
Perseus<<<<<<<<<<<<Hulk tho. Im sure Thor would have no trouble with Perseus seeing as how he took shots from Hulk and blasts from 400% Ironman with little trouble. Ironman even dragged him up a mountain scrapping his body and face along it and that only seemed to annoy Thor

It will be between Thor and Zues in the end with Thor beating the snot outta him as well

Robtard
Ares goes down in a matter of seconds to either of those guys,

Can't see Thor hitting pedo-mustache-Zeus and pedo-mustache-Zeus was incredibly strong, iirc. Though I only watched that shit film once.

mastagambit
Yeah I only watched it once also.
The fight scenes were kinda nice.
But Ares aint no slouch.
He moved pretty fast when he ground pounded the pavement sending shockwaves about.

Newjak
Originally posted by mastagambit
Yeah I only watched it once also.
The fight scenes were kinda nice.
But Ares aint no slouch.
He moved pretty fast when he ground pounded the pavement sending shockwaves about. Compared to these to he is.

His shockwaves weren't that impressive. He had some skill but so does the other two who are probably more skilled based on feats and stronger and more powerful based on feats.

Zeus best feats in the movie was pulling the chains that broke the ankles on those huge statues.

It's hard to tell just how fast the gods were compared to normal humans in the movie. On one hand Ares in Immortals easily cleared a group without them being able to react but the titans were fast enough to hit the gods and a human was able to react and shoot one of them.

mastagambit
Compared to these to he is.

His shockwaves weren't that impressive. He had some skill but so does the other two who are probably more skilled based on feats and stronger and more powerful based on feats.

Zeus best feats in the movie was pulling the chains that broke the ankles on those huge statues.

It's hard to tell just how fast the gods were compared to normal humans in the movie. On one hand Ares in Immortals easily cleared a group without them being able to react but the titans were fast enough to hit the gods and a human was able to react and shoot one of them.

What do you mean his shockwave wasn't impressive?
It even proved he could fly.
He blasted off from and rocketed into the pavement.
Sending everyone flying.
And that was just to startle them.
His reaction time is on point. He catched that blade without even looking back and threw it at the other guy.
He aint no slouch. I see him giving Thor a hard time.

Utrigita
It seemed to me that the only reason the Titans won that engagement was because of their numbers, either way the speed portrayed by Zeus in the movie (striking Ares faster then he could react) makes it hard for me to see how Thor is going to defeat him.

Silent Master
Thor's ground pound destroyed a rather large section of the landscape and he had reflexes fast enough to block energy attacks.

mastagambit
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor's ground pound destroyed a rather large section of the landscape and he had reflexes fast enough to block energy attacks.

With his hammer.

Silent Master
With his hammer.

I'm not sure how that takes away from the feats?

mastagambit
I'm not sure how that takes away from the feats?

You are trying to lowball Ares by stating Thor's ground pound is more impressive.
Thor had his hammer.His primary weapon.
Ares ground pound was pure flesh.

Silent Master
You are trying to lowball Ares by stating Thor's ground pound is more impressive.
Ares ground pound was pure flesh.

Thor's was more impressive, as it did far more damage.

Another speed feet, Thor also caught Mjolnir while it was moving above the speed of sound, which IIRC is around 770MPH

mastagambit
Thor's was more impressive, as it did far more damage.

Another speed feet, Thor also caught Mjolnir while it was moving above the speed of sound, which IIRC is around 770MPH

It's more impressive because he had his hammer with him.
I get that.
I agree with you.
Now moving on,the speed feat,catching his hammer,that's very good.
But can he tag Zeus blitzing him?

Newjak
Ares ground pound was pure flesh. It was more impressive by a rather large margin.

Even when Ares hit his Mace into the ground it was no wear near as close, and it definitely didn't kill anyone, while Thor's attack wiped out a ton of Frost Giants and a large portion of landscape.

The two just don't compare, and Thor's strength feats are better, his durability feats are better as well.

Silent Master
It's more impressive because he had his hammer with him.
I get that.
I agree with you.
Now moving on,the speed feat,catching his hammer,that's very good.
But can he tag Zeus blitzing him?

Can you prove that Ares w/a hammer could have matched Thor's ground pound feat?

Is Zeus able to move faster than 770MPH?

mastagambit
Can you prove that Ares w/a hammer could have matched Thor's ground pound feat?

Is Zeus able to move faster than 770MPH?

Can't prove Ares with hammer could match Thor's feat.
It was impressive,not arguing that.
The speed feat by Zeus was impressive.
He was able to strike multiple titans in quick succession.

Silent Master
Can't prove Ares with hammer could match Thor's feat.
It was impressive,not arguing that.
The speed feat by Zeus was impressive.
He was able to strike multiple titans in quick succession.

Thor was able to catch something moving atleast 770MPH and block multiple energy attacks, unless Zeus has better speed feats than that, then yes...Thor can hit him.

That doesn't even take into account things like the ground pound, lighting, tornadoes etc that Thor uses in combat.

Newjak
Thor was able to catch something moving atleast 770MPH and block multiple energy attacks, unless Zeus has better speed feats than that, then yes...Thor can hit him.

That doesn't even take into account things like the ground pound, lighting, tornadoes etc that Thor uses in combat. When Ares(Immortals) dropped down and killed the group of men he was moving so quickly he was a blur and everything else was in slow motion.

Now later a human is able to hit a titan and titans are able to hit the gods in Immortals so humans may be able to hit the Immortals. I would also say that Thor is faster and has better reflexes than a human so it's possible Thor could hit the Immortals but Thor does not have better speed feats than that.

mastagambit

That doesn't even take into account things like the ground pound, lighting, tornadoes etc that Thor uses in combat.

You got a point.
Thor has multiple attacks to use.
Question is how fast can he pull them off before Zeus takes him out.

Silent Master
When Ares(Immortals) dropped down and killed the group of men he was moving so quickly he was a blur and everything else was in slow motion.

Now later a human is able to hit a titan and titans are able to hit the gods in Immortals so humans may be able to hit the Immortals. I would also say that Thor is faster and has better reflexes than a human so it's possible Thor could hit the Immortals but Thor does not have better speed feats than that.

I'm not saying that he's faster or even as fast, just that his reaction feats are good enough that hitting them is well within his capability.

Silent Master
You got a point.
Thor has multiple attacks to use.
Question is how fast can he pull them off before Zeus takes him out.

Considering that Thor was tanking punches from the Hulk, I'm not sure Zeus has the ability to take him out.

lilshogun
Thor wipes them all.

Pwned
You guys are really wanking that hammer catching thing. That hammer magically returns to his hand.

Ergo, there was no way he couldn't catch it. The feat is meaningless.

Silent Master
The movie showed Thor reach up and catch the hammer, the reaction feat fits perfectly with his blocking of energy blasts in both movies.

lilshogun
Plus Thor's strength. The way Zues and team battled the Titants. Thor takes this.

ares834
Originally posted by Pwned
You guys are really wanking that hammer catching thing. That hammer magically returns to his hand.

Ergo, there was no way he couldn't catch it. The feat is meaningless.

Yep.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ares834
Yep.

You're aware that this is movie Thor and that no such enchantment has been stated to exist, right?

ares834
You are aware we see him magically summoning the hammer several times and each time it magically returns to his hand, right?

Silent Master
No, he summons it and then reaches out and catches it as it gets to him.

If it returned directly to his hand, he wouldn't have had to reach out in order to grab it.

ares834
No. We see it come to his hand every time. The only time he reaches for it is in the one sequence and nothing indicates it wasn't returning to his hand in the first place. Plus there is the fact that him reaching for the hammer doesn't even seem to be a conscious movement as he is knocked out.

Silent Master
Actually, you don't see his face when he catches it so you don't know that he was still unconscious and again, if it was going directly to his hand, he wouldn't have had to reach up and grab it.

Besides, Odin sent the hammer back to him, so it wasn't under Thor's control at the time.

Robtard
LoL, you Thor wankers.

We literally see the hammer go directly to his hand in Avengers, after Hulk slaps the crap out of him, he reaches his open hand out and it flies directly (from whichever part of the ship it was in) into his hand without him looking.

Thor has decent reaction-time feats, no need to wank.

Silent Master
His hands were on the ground by his side, if Mjolnir was going directly to his hands in that scene, he wouldn't have had to raise his arm up in order to catch it.

ares834
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, you Thor wankers.

We literally see the hammer go directly to his hand in Avengers, after Hulk slaps the crap out of him, he reaches his open hand out and it flies directly (from whichever part of the ship it was in) into his hand without him looking.

Thor has decent reaction-time feats, no need to wank.

thumb up

Newjak
Originally posted by ares834
No. We see it come to his hand every time. The only time he reaches for it is in the one sequence and nothing indicates it wasn't returning to his hand in the first place. Plus there is the fact that him reaching for the hammer doesn't even seem to be a conscious movement as he is knocked out. Technically I think he was dead not KOed but I agree that wasn't a reaction feat for him, but Thor has other good ones so it doesn't matter.

Catching Ironman's fists, avoiding Hulk's attacks, blocking the laser fire with his hammer, as well as blocking the Asgardian Destroyer beam.

Silent Master
Thor can summon Mjolnir, but he wasn't in control of it at the time, the hammer had already passed where Thor's hand was, that's why he had to reach up can grab it.

KingD19
I just watched Immortals. Thor with Mjolnir definitely has the general strength edge, but Zues collapsing Tartarus was a pretty good feat, and Immortal's God's move waaaay too fast for Thor. Ares killed about 7 people before the first soldier he'd sent flying hit the wall. And speed usually = more force behind a blow. Getting hit at those speeds will definitely hurt Thor. And the gods also showed some nice combat feats, like slamming Titan's into the wall so hard they broke, or Poseidon pulping heads with the shaft of his trident.

Placidity
Zeus kills Thor for trying to take his title.

Zeus is clearly superior amongst all the others gods. So lets state some feats:

Speed: Ares super blitz. Thor is a statue.

Strength: Zeus Pulls those two columns down.

Striking Force: Zeus throws a chain through a Titan. Zeus punches through a Titan. I doubt Thor can do that to a human.

Durability: Poseidon's orbital dive, creating a tidal wave.

Versatility: Not all applicable in combat, but clearly has more godly powers than Thor: Shapeshifting, Creating a magical whip from fire, teleportation, summoning horses.

Mr. Tibbs
Originally posted by Placidity

Striking Force: Zeus throws a chain through a Titan. Zeus punches through a Titan. I doubt Thor can do that to a human.

Versatility: Not all applicable in combat, but clearly has more godly powers than Thor: Shapeshifting, Creating a magical whip from fire, teleportation, summoning horses. The orbital dive was WTF.

Newjak
Originally posted by Placidity

Versatility: Not all applicable in combat, but clearly has more godly powers than Thor: Shapeshifting, Creating a magical whip from fire, teleportation, summoning horses.

You're clearly wrong on most of these

Speed: I'll give you speed but the Titans could hit and react to the gods, and a human was able to react and take out a Titan using the bow. So while the gods are fast they are obviously can be dealt with.

Strength: Thor is able to stop a blow from the Hulk with one arm. Was strong enough to crush Ironman's armor with his bare hands, the armor is very durable. And Zeus only destroyed the ankles of the giant statues and that is what brought everything down. Impressive but not exactly pulling down the entire columns themselves.

Striking: Thor was able to send Frost Giants flying with his swings, could hit cars and send them flying at enemies. Broke through the Bi-Frost bridge. And sent Hulk flying with a hammer shot. Punching through the titans doesn't compare with those.

Durability: Thor survived the Bi-Frost explosion, took blasts directly from Ironman at almost 500% power, took a blast from Odin's spear. Took a shot from Hulk with the only noticeable effect being a slightly bloody nose, and he crashed into the ground with enough force to cause a decent sized impact on the ground.

Versatility: Really Thor can make Tornadoes, summon lightning, his hammer can return to his hand, and fly. Thor clearly has the better versatility options and all are combat useful.

Thor clearly outclasses Zeus in most of the categories with Zeus' only advantage coming from Speed.

Placidity
You're clearly wrong on most of these

Don't see where you've pointed it out.

Speed: I'll give you speed but the Titans could hit and react to the gods, and a human was able to react and take out a Titan using the bow. So while the gods are fast they are obviously can be dealt with.

Clearly PIS. You cannot dismiss Ares' feat however you want to spin it. Thor only moves at human speed. We know this because he is played by Hemsworth, a human, and no speed special effects were ever applied. He'd be like a statue to Zeus.

Strength: Thor is able to stop a blow from the Hulk with one arm. Was strong enough to crush Ironman's armor with his bare hands, the armor is very durable. And Zeus only destroyed the ankles of the giant statues and that is what brought everything down. Impressive but not exactly pulling down the entire columns themselves.

Blocking Hulk really isn't quantifiable. Crushing Ironman's armor was impressive, but again we don't know Zeus couldn't replicate it.
Columns/Legs, same thing. If you watch the scene they are really thick. I don't see Thor doing it, although we may disagree on that.

Striking: Thor was able to send Frost Giants flying with his swings, could hit cars and send them flying at enemies. Broke through the Bi-Frost bridge. And sent Hulk flying with a hammer shot. Punching through the titans doesn't compare with those.

Yes it does. The gods easily sent Titans flying, too. Zeus sent Ares through a thick stone wall. Punching through someone requires significant speed. Force = mxa. Lets assume their strength levels aren't leagues apart. But Zeus' speed is, that means his striking force is much higher.

Durability: Thor survived the Bi-Frost explosion, took blasts directly from Ironman at almost 500% power, took a blast from Odin's spear. Took a shot from Hulk with the only noticeable effect being a slightly bloody nose, and he crashed into the ground with enough force to cause a decent sized impact on the ground.

Bi-frost explosion = ???

Ironman's blast, not too impressed (depends how you look at it, I really don't see the blast killing/hurting Thor for plot's sake).

Odin's spear blast is a strong feat, I'll give you that even though it feels really inconsistent.

I picked Poseidon's feat for a reason - Thor was afraid he was going to die when he fell from the Hellicarrier. Poseidon jumped from orbit, another walk in the park.

Versatility: Really Thor can make Tornadoes, summon lightning, his hammer can return to his hand, and fly. Thor clearly has the better versatility options and all are combat useful.

Yes we know all about Thor's powers, mainly the lightning and variations of moving the hammer. What I meant was Zeus clearly had a greater range powers. An example is making a magical whip from fire. I don't believe he is limited to those, and it would be strange to argue otherwise. Either way, I agree the ones shown aren't combat useful (although the whip would be).

Thor clearly outclasses Zeus in most of the categories

No he doesn't.

with Zeus' only advantage coming from Speed.

Even with your position, Zeus' speed gives him 10/10.

mastagambit
Hmm very interesting arguments.
I do think Zeus is too fast for Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.