Captain Titus runs the Movie Avenger gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Captain Titus drops into New York City via a drop pod containing all of gear he obtained over the course of Space Marine, and finds that the world is consumed by heresy.

People speak of gods other than the emperor, obvious fronts for the ruinous powers, and of obvious witchcraft.

As a result, he tracks each member of the avengers down to eliminate them.

First he attacks S.H.I.E.L.D., attacking Cap, Black Widow, and Hawk Eye.

As this fight concludes, Iron Man is dispatched to fight round two, if Titus wins it is assumed the other three are already dead.

After fighting Iron Man Titus returns to his drop pod, where he finds Dr Banner. Dr Banner gets mad.

If Titus makes it through this fight, Thor returns from Asgard to confront him. Thunder hammer v.s. Thunder god.

Titus' load out for the first fights is limited to what he can carry. He can take a rifle and pistol and melee weapon as is standard, or the thunder hammer and no rifle.

He has his jump pack, and it will not exhaust its' fuel because **** that.

How far does he make it/Can he clear?

He gets all feats from his game, and any feat that could be performed by an average to above average Space Marine or Captain is also attributed to him as 'he could do this, too'.

Edit: Oh, and despite his iron halo, the mother ****er wears his godamn helmet.

ScreamPaste
No one's interested? sad

Robtard
Might stop at Iron Man. If not, Hulk turns him into this:

http://unitedcats.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/car-crushed.jpg

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Robtard
Might stop at Iron Man. If not, Hulk turns him into this:

http://unitedcats.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/car-crushed.jpg
Hm, I dunno about Iron Man. A good power axe to the face oughtta put him down, imho, and I'm actually not sure he has the necessary tools to penetrate Astartes armour.

As for the Hulk? I think you're underestimating Titus there, if just being physically stronger was enough Titus would've died multiple times, but that's a debate I'll wait on.

FinalAnswer
Titus Trolololos with meltagun.

gg

Robtard
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Hm, I dunno about Iron Man. A good power axe to the face oughtta put him down, imho, and I'm actually not sure he has the necessary tools to penetrate Astartes armour.

As for the Hulk? I think you're underestimating Titus there, if just being physically stronger was enough Titus would've died multiple times, but that's a debate I'll wait on.

Iron Man's far superior in the air and would prove a hard target. Why I said maybe. Depends on if his lasers, repulsor beams and various missiles can penetrate that armor.

Hulk though, stomps his ass after a decent fight. Titus is incredibly strong and extremely durable, both his armor and his body. But it's going to crack and he's going to squish after leviathan-stopping punch after punch etc. Hulk could also rage-doll his ass until he's pieces.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Robtard
Iron Man's far superior in the air and would prove a hard target. Why I said maybe. Depends on if his lasers, repulsor beams and various missiles can penetrate that armor.

Hulk though, stomps his ass after a decent fight. Titus is incredibly strong and extremely durable, both his armor and his body. But it's going to crack and he's going to squish after leviathan-stopping punch after punch etc. Hulk could also rage-doll his ass until he's pieces.

With Iron Man it's really a game of tag. If Titus does tag him, that's pretty much game. That part of Iron Man is just straight up gone. Monomolecular adamantine teeth at thousands (IIRC) of RPM tend to do that, to say nothing of power axes. That's arguing solely melee weapons. Tbh, I'm actually pretty sure Titus wrecks movie Iron Man consistently.

If catching him with a melee weapon proves too hard it's entirely possible he'll just walk back to his drop pod and grab the lascannon.
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Titus Trolololos with meltagun.

gg
^This brings up a point worth noting, as well. Titus ranged armament is impressive. (Calling the melta 'ranged' is generous, but lol) Really, Titus' weaponry is enough to hurt or kill everyone on this list, it's just that some have the ability to hurt Titus just as badly, I think.

The real fun starts with Hulk, imho. And while Hulk is extremely strong, I'm actually not convinced it'd be that easy.

For one, Titus is significantly faster than the Hulk, being a Spehss Mehreen his reaction times and speed are far improved from human levels, and he's unlikely to allow himself to get smacked around without doing his best to avoid it, he's an intelligent fighter, and for two, he does have the weaponry available to really, really hurt the Hulk.

To bring up the chainsword again, I'm certain a few strikes from that would do damage beyond the short-term effect of Hulk's healing factor. The meltagun is... Well, yeah. If Hulk gets hit with that, he could very well be down and out. I'm going to personally note I don't think Titus would choose to use the Melta against Hulk due to it's short range, though he might just because of Hulk's aggressive nature. Getting too close to Titus = GG with the Melta.

I'm actually not sure to what degree Movie Hulk's healing factor could keep him in the fight, to be honest. Avenger's Hulk is the same Hulk as from the Norton movie, right? Or is it 2003 Hulk? I'm not sure on this one.

Robtard
With Iron Man it's really a game of tag. If Titus does tag him, that's pretty much game. That part of Iron Man is just straight up gone. Monomolecular adamantine teeth at thousands (IIRC) of RPM tend to do that, to say nothing of power axes. That's arguing solely melee weapons. Tbh, I'm actually pretty sure Titus wrecks movie Iron Man consistently.

If catching him with a melee weapon proves too hard it's entirely possible he'll just walk back to his drop pod and grab the lascannon.

Can't see Tony giving up his advantage of flight/speed/maneuverability to go down and attack an armoured juggernaut with a massive chainsaw.

And Tony would just let him walk back without consistently barraging him from above and more specifically seeing that Titus is going to arm himself, Tony wouldn't attack the pod?

Also, I'm not saying Iron Man wins, I'm saying he has a chance, depending how much damage his weapons would do. Which is hard to say.

Robtard

I'm actually not sure to what degree Movie Hulk's healing factor could keep him in the fight, to be honest. Avenger's Hulk is the same Hulk as from the Norton movie, right? Or is it 2003 Hulk? I'm not sure on this one.

2008 flick.

Hulk does have a healing factor, unless Banner can heal from a bullet to the brain.

ScreamPaste
The jump pack would significantly shorten the time necessary to travel the distance.

And I don't think Tony would either, he's not stupid at all. Wouldn't stop Titus from trying to catch him a few times though, which he might just be able to pull off. Failing that he still has ranged attacks, but the most inarguably effective one is the Lascannon, so I just fell back to it for convenience, honestly. The plasma gun or stalker bolter might work as well, but I'm unsure about them. The Lascannon though, there's no real argument to be had there, imho.

As for Tony's ability to get through Titus' armour, I don't see the laser he used in Iron Man 2 working because of how the armour is designed (to say nothing of the halo). It's made from ceramite plates that are extrmely heat and energy resistant, rendering most non-solid-projectiles entirely ineffective. (Most, not all, and there are different kinds of weapons that work better as well)

To put that in perspective, lasguns can penetrate something like a meter of concrete with a shot, but can't do much more than black scorch marks on the paint of said armour.

As for his missiles and the like? Probably too small in most cases. Bolter rounds don't work too well against said armour either, and they're essentially armour piercing rocket propelled grenades.

Modern day kinetic weaponry lacks the penetrating power required as well, imho. Which is why this gets interesting for me with Hulk and Thor. Thor has the greatest chance in my opinion due to his non-conventional attacks and powers.

Tzeentch._
Iron Man rape-stomps Titus. There is literally nothing he can do to tag Tony, even with the jetpack.

Also, Astartes armor isn't that durable. Enough bombardments will take him down. Also, Titus doesn't wear a helmet. lol

edit- The Lasgun penetrating concrete feat has never substantiated- I google'd it and also asked Dakka Dakka if they could find the source for that- it is apparently something someone just made. Conventional wisdom alone would dispel the notion though. If lasrounds could penetrate feet of concrete, then lasrounds would be capable of going through multiple in one shot, or at least in one person and out the other side. From fluff descriptions, that isn't the case.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Iron Man rape-stomps Titus. There is literally nothing he can do to tag Tony, even with the jetpack.

Reaction Speed + Lascannon = goodbye Tony.

ScreamPaste
That so? mmm Now I have to go back and do some digging, godamnit.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Reaction Speed + Lascannon = goodbye Tony. Lascannons take several seconds to charge, and move in slow moving straight lines. lulz.

Anyway, I don't think Titus' reaction speed is superior to Tony's. The armor increases his reflexes.

ScreamPaste
^My face when "slow moving las projectile".

I never got that impression from Movie Iron Man, and he's certainly not wearngthe Extremis armour, so hey.

If it does improve his reactions, it doesn't appear to be to a relevant degree.

Tzeentch._
What has Titus done that would make you think that his reflexes are superior to Tony's in his armor?

By the by, if the armor didn't improve his reflexes, he wouldn't be able to dodge tank rounds fired at near point blank distances, and weave around cities at jet fighter speeds. Human reflexes don't allow that.

FinalAnswer
Lascannons take several seconds to charge, and move in slow moving straight lines. lulz.

Anyway, I don't think Titus' reaction speed is superior to Tony's. The armor increases his reflexes.

They're lasers. no expression

Space Marines can see artillery shells move gracefully in slow motion.

I'm not a math guy or anything, but can Tony in his armor match that?

Tzeentch._
Regular human beings can see artillery shells. lol

Artillery shells don't move as fast as most other military projectiles.

FinalAnswer
There's the other stuffs of marines being capable of blocking and slapping away bolt rounds, or dodging plasma bolts, but whatever.

ArtificialGlory
What about the good old Bolter? Would that be good enough against Iron Man?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
What about the good old Bolter? Would that be good enough against Iron Man? Probably, hitting Iron Man could be hard, but the bolt shells should be able to do some damage.

How much? I have no idea tbh. Their feats cover a pretty wide range. Everything between 'omgwat' to 'meh'.

It's important to note the difference between a bolter designed for use by the Astartes and one designed for use by a human, though. Astartes bolters >.

Tzeentch._
Like Scream said, it'd be hard too hit him with a bolter. They've only got a 30 round clip, so it's not like he can just saturate the air with bolter rounds.

Considering what those jet fighter's did to Tony's armor though (iirc they temporarily dazed him) I imagine a bolter might be able to knock him out of the sky if it hits.

NemeBro
Also, Astartes armor isn't that durable.

Astartes armour withstood the Sorcery bomb Ahriman planted at the largest Librarium in the galaxy, which destroyed the whole ****ing thing and opened great chasms in the earth. It has withstood bombardments from Barrage Bombs, bombs powerful enough to take down the shields of starships. Titus himself withstood that bewm at the end of the game.

Tzeentch._
Astartes armor gets pierced by giant ants and dozer blades attached to cars.

NemeBro
What giant ants are you referring to?

The ones that tear massive Wraithbone skyscrapers in half?

Tzeentch._
Those were ants?

NemeBro
wtf are you talking about

Tzeentch._
wtf are you talking about. lol

I am now lost.

Newjak
What are some of Titus' feats along with his weapon's feats?

ScreamPaste
Titus is, IIRC, Captain of the Ultramarines third company, he's a fairly exceptional spehss mehreen, which puts him on a solidly superhuman level to begin with.

Space Marines are super human space knight analogues divided into chapters of a thousand marines each. They have reflexes that allows them to slap bolter fire out of the air, and fight at speeds that appear impossible to track to the eyes of normal men/guardsmen.

They have super strength, as Titus himself demonstrates here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3xVrISyhqM&t=4m30s

and here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrAIApYnD_k&t=8m06s

He also overpowers and kills Ork Nobs through out the game, which is no small feat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dPGuUD9c5w

His armour and weaponry are pretty hardcore, too. Astartes power armour withstands barrage bombs http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Torpedo#Imperium

Listed in the Imperium section of Variants, orbital bombardment bombs.

Astartes armour also stands up pretty well to chainswords, which are monomolecular edged chainsaws with adamantine teeth that spin at around 1000 rpm, IIRC.

Will come back with more later.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.