Thor vs Big Barda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
1.BB vs Thor

a)Melee fight , & whose mallet is stronger and more durable?
b)All out fight both use all powers at their disposal

Who wins in each of the above how and why? NO BFR No Time stop

Zack Fair
Thor in both

DTM
Thor beats Barda handily, to me, shes just not in his class.

cdtm
Split.

Barda's about on par with Wonder Woman, and did beat Wonder Woman 1,000,000 pretty easily.

Doon
Thor

pym-ftw
Thor in both

the Darkone
Thor

JakeTheBank
Thor.
Thor decisively.

Mindset
Originally posted by cdtm
Split.

Barda's about on par with Wonder Woman, and did beat Wonder Woman 1,000,000 pretty easily. What does that have to do with Thor?

JakeTheBank
Idk.

Thor would beat Diana, too.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
What does that have to do with Thor?

Pre New DCU Wonder Woman would split with Thor.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Idk.

The only reason Superman beats her, is speed.

Equalize that, and imo she draws, if not beats him, on skill.

JakeTheBank
The only reason Superman beats her, is speed.

Equalize that, and imo she draws, if not beats him, on skill.

He's also stronger than her, tougher than her, and has more powers at his disposal.

Her skill advantage would be just that in close quarters, but Superman is still across the board better in virtually aspect that matters, save skill.

Thor is likewise stronger and tougher than Diana, and has a vast power advantage over her.

Batman-Prime
WW has s good Chance against Superman or Thor. Better against Thor tbh because she is faster. Btw more skilled then both.
Big Barda is Not WW, she would lose against Thor almost every time, in comucs she gets WW respect but she is no high herald.

abhilegend
Thor isn't stronger than diana and his power advantage gets negated by her speed and extraordinary defenses. Thor and diana would fight to a split or a slight win for diana due to her lasso. Barda isn't diana however.

D-Block
Thor in Both.

D-Block
He's also stronger than her, tougher than her, and has more powers at his disposal.

Her skill advantage would be just that in close quarters, but Superman is still across the board better in virtually aspect that matters, save skill.

Thor is likewise stronger and tougher than Diana, and has a vast power advantage over her.

Endless Mike
Split.

Barda's about on par with Wonder Woman, and did beat Wonder Woman 1,000,000 pretty easily.

Not seeing this being all that impressive. Most of the Justice Legion Alpha members were >>>>> than their Justice League of America counterparts, but I don't recall WW 1M ever doing anything impressive or making me think she was any better than the original WW. In fact by feats I'd give the original Diana the win over her every time.

Cogito
Barda's mid-herald at best. If we were to go by the old tiers thread, she's probably more comparable to the low-heralds on that list.

pym-ftw
What is current Diana's best speed feat?

iceman24567
Pre New DCU Wonder Woman would split with Thor.
laughing

Mindset
Ikr

cdtm

His options are somewhat mitigated by her defenses, though. Her force field is among the best in comics.

Physically, they're closer then most people think.. Even if she's a full tier beneath him, that's nothing by comic book standards.

She has some crazy durability feats, like a warp core exploding against her chest in Green Lantern, to zero damage, and her high end strength feats are up there with the best.. I'd guess if Superman = Thor in toughness and strength, then Wonder Woman = someone like, oh.... I want to say Wonder Man, but IMO she's tougher then he is.. Maybe Pineapple Thing? Doesn't Thor have someone that normally gives him trouble, even though he's on a higher physical tier?

cdtm
Originally posted by DTM
Thor beats Barda handily, to me, shes just not in his class.

So what class is she in?

Is she on Orion's level? Darkseids? Wonder Womans?

New Gods are a tough crowd to argue in general, because of limited use, and most writers just not knowing how to handle them.. But generally speaking, a generic New God is somewhere on a "can give Superman a good fight" level.. I'm talking characters like The Furies or Knockout, never mind Orion.

But again, it's a hard case to prove on feats alone..

Konton
Didn't she KO Orion with the mega rod? It's pretty OP. She also has a mother box to deal with Mjolnir. But any way she's definitely high mid herald, you guys are selling her short.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Konton
Didn't she KO Orion with the mega rod? It's pretty OP. She also has a mother box to deal with Mjolnir. But any way she's definitely high mid herald, you guys are selling her short.

I don't think she KO'd him, but she did knock him faaar away with one blow.

aztec

As for this fight, I'll give goldlocks the slight majority over Barda in the first scenario and a point or two for the second.

That's your opinion, but not necessarily true. Diana is Thor's superior. wink
Strength can be debatable in Diana's favor as well as speed, reflexes andskill. I'll give you the exotic powers and perhaps Thor being tougher, but Diana has also one hit wonder which would decapicate Thor.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by aztec
That's your opinion, but not necessarily true. Diana is Thor's superior. wink
Strength can be debatable in Diana's favor as well as speed, reflexes andskill. I'll give you the exotic powers and perhaps Thor being tougher, but Diana has also one hit wonder which would decapicate Thor.

It's pretty factual.

Diana has the edge in speed, reflexes, and skill, true. Thor is better in every thing else.

Thor also has the capability of one shot KOing or killing Diana if he was so inclined.

DTM
So what class is she in?

Is she on Orion's level? Darkseids? Wonder Womans?

Bardas not in any of their classes, really. Id put her on Iron Mans or Things tier, IMHO, and thats not enough to beat Thor.

cdtm
It's pretty factual.

Diana has the edge in speed, reflexes, and skill, true. Thor is better in every thing else.

Thor also has the capability of one shot KOing or killing Diana if he was so inclined.

With a godblast, maybe, if she didn't dodge it or block it with her aegis.

With a punch? She took mind controlled Captain Marvels best in War of the Gods...

Golgo13
Originally posted by DTM
Bardas not in any of their classes, really. Id put her on Iron Mans or Things tier, IMHO, and thats not enough to beat Thor.

Definitely above those two. Her Megarod and Mother Box makes her too versatile and she has already sparred with WW.

Blight
This thread haermm2

cdtm
Originally posted by Blight
This thread haermm2

Golgo's right, though. WW "did" spar with Wonder Woman.

But that doesn't mean much, if everyone thinks WW <<<< Superman and Thor.

DTM
Originally posted by Golgo13
Definitely above those two. Her Megarod and Mother Box makes her too versatile and she has already sparred with WW.

To me, shes just not in WWs class, and Id pick Thor to beat WW more than not. Id probably even pick Iron Man to beat Barda more than not as well (Thing would put up a good physical fight, but probably lose in the end, BUT with Bens track record in fighting superior characters I dont see it being a slaughter).

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ozz81
1.BB vs Thor

a)Melee fight , & whose mallet is stronger and more durable?
b)All out fight both use all powers at their disposal

Who wins in each of the above how and why? NO BFR No Time stop

a) Gets pwned
b) Gets stomped then bedded

Sasaraixx
It's pretty factual.

To be fair, Diana does have the lasso and tiara for possible quick wins as well. I also think people vastly underrate the defensive options the bracers and lasso give her.

That being said, I do agree that Thor has a huge advantage in power output and advantages in durability and strength as well. I don't think the latter would make much of a difference but the first two do.

Personally, I think a fight between Diana and Thor would be pretty epic if written properly.

Zack Fair
Thor will knock himself out with his hammer before he gets a win from pre-Flashpoint Diana 131

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor in both, and it's really just going to be a one sided beat down until Barda is knocked the f*ck out. Barda ranges from being able to match Wonder Woman in a sparring match (To be clear, Wonder Woman is clearly beyond her strength wise as well) to below Thing level from what I've seen. But both are probably extremes, she's somewhere in between most of the time.

Her megarod once knocked Orion off his feet IIRC and one shotted Superman temporarily from behind. Impressive but the former is merely class 100 punching power and the latter is an outlier. Mjolnir in terms of feats utterly shits on her little rod.

Here's Barda versus DC's Thor:
http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc200&image=48664_odinson1.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc232&image=48673_odinson2.jpg
http://img139.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc57&image=48678_odinson3.jpg
http://img103.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc71&image=48684_odinson4.jpg

cdtm
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
To be fair, Diana does have the lasso and tiara for possible quick wins as well. I also think people vastly underrate the defensive options the bracers and lasso give her.

That being said, I do agree that Thor has a huge advantage in power output and advantages in durability and strength as well. I don't think the latter would make much of a difference but the first two do.

Personally, I think a fight between Diana and Thor would be pretty epic if written properly.

Warrior God vs Amazon champion of the gods. Thor's offensive options vs Diana's defensive relics.

Yeah, it would be way more fun then Superman vs Thor.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DTM
To me, shes just not in WWs class, and Id pick Thor to beat WW more than not. Id probably even pick Iron Man to beat Barda more than not as well (Thing would put up a good physical fight, but probably lose in the end, BUT with Bens track record in fighting superior characters I dont see it being a slaughter).

I agree that she's not in Thor's class, but she's still above Thing with her track record. Her feats speak for themselves.

DTM
Things combat feats speak for themselves too, dont knock his countless brawls with superior powered foes, and him doing very well against them. To me, Barda is MUCH close to Thing/Iron Man level than she is to Thor level.

Golgo13
With Weapons and gear, she is actually closer to WW.

DTM
If you say so, I see it a bit different. smile

"Id"
So she is what level?
Gamora/Ares
Namor
Hercules

DTM
Id personally put Barda at Iron Man/Thing/Namor level.

Golgo13
Originally posted by "Id"
So she is what level?
Gamora/Ares
Namor
Hercules

With her gear, Herc level. Definitely above Gamora/Ares, and Namor.

ColossusGrundy
First fight, Barda hands him his ass with his hammer stuck UP it.

Second fight Thor wins.

Recent Thor loses both and goes to therapy.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

Second fight Thor wins.

Current Thor > or = Classic Thor

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Current Thor > or = Classic Thor

Current Thor would job to a drunk holding a tin can.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Second fight Thor wins.

Lol, that's some straight up crazy talk. You're either trolling or certifiable. Sorry, there's no middle ground.

pym-ftw
If that bum has the PF, or is the Void...
no expression

ColossusGrundy
Thor has jobbed to everyone including the old lady that cleans up the local library as of late.

Barda is much more of a badass than you Marvel fanboys give her credit for.

pym-ftw
I'm the fanboy? Lulz eek!
I'd personally put Barda above immortal Hercules but ok...

Please inform me on these Thor jobbing moments

celeyhyga17

Second fight Thor wins.

Smh

iceman24567
Originally posted by aztec
Diana is Thor's superior. wink
laughing

Silent Master
Thor has jobbed to everyone including the old lady that cleans up the local library as of late.

Are you claiming that the people Thor lost to were on the same level as Barda?

JakeTheBank
lol this shit again?

Barda would get smoked by any of the Phoenix Five.

Even using feats from the past two years only, Thor would beat the crap out of Barda.

Juntai
Barda isn't nearly as good or as powerful as Wonder Woman.
And she isn't nearly as good or as powerful as Thor either.

TheGodKiller
I do recall a thread on comicvine , in which CitizenBane , one of that site's "decorated" posters , and who's also considered to be the among the most knowledgeable around that part of the online world , kept on arguing how Thor would stand no chance against Wonder Woman and some sh1t like that :
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/thor-vs-wonder-woman/6167/
Edit : Here 's a quote from one of his buddies Erik(who *surprise*surprise* got banned for trolling and flame-baiting) :

Biased attitude doesn't even begin to describe what's in that thread .

Anyways , Thor wins this thread .

Mindset
Originally posted by Juntai
Barda isn't nearly as good or as powerful as Wonder Woman.
And she isn't nearly as good or as powerful as Thor either. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus

Haha gtfo.

You and me battlezone. Thor vs. Barda, we're only allowed to use feats from the last 5 years, okay?

JakeTheBank
You could do Thor feats from only the past two years and let Barda have everything canon to her prior to Flashpoint and still win the overwhelming majority.

cdtm
..this thread... Anyone calling anyone else a fanboy, take a look in the mirror.

Barda's awesome. (She's a New God, after all. By default, New Gods are awesome.) Thor's awesome.

h1a8
Idk.

I disagree.
She would own him easily
1. Faster
2. More skilled
3. Great defense against all of Thor's attacks
4. Counter attack ability
5. One shot Lasso ability

the Darkone
Thor would beat Barda down, like wise with Diana. Thor stronger, better stamina, durability, damage soak, just as skilled, more experience and more versatile and vastly powerful.

Thor wins a vast majority.

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor would beat Barda down, like wise with Diana. Thor stronger, better stamina, durability, damage soak, just as skilled, more experience and more versatile and vastly powerful.

Thor wins a vast majority.

I don't care about Barda. Thor is not beating Diana and strength will play no role in their fight. Experience is meaningless and irrelevant in comics. Someone with 1 month experience can beat someone with thousands of years of experience easily. Diana is faster, more skilled, lasso one shot ability, and can counter any attack made by Thor.

the Darkone
..this thread... Anyone calling anyone else a fanboy, take a look in the mirror.

Barda's awesome. (She's a New God, after all. By default, New Gods are awesome.) Thor's awesome.

Newgods are awesome, but Thor is awesomer big grin , Barda will have a new pimp daddy

cdtm
Originally posted by the Darkone
Newgods are awesome, but Thor is awesomer big grin , Barda will have a new pimp daddy

Why not? She has the experience:

http://mimg.ugo.com/201011/65058/cuts/superman-barda_480x480.jpg

And New Gods are supposed to be immune to mind control. Hmm.. Maybe Barda was just using "Sleeze made me to it" as an excuse to hide her "secret identity" from clueless Scott...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.