Captain America vs Guts from Berserk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

asdf83
This is Black Swordsman Guts, equipped with Dragonslayer, throwing knives, auto-crossbow, bombs, and prosthetic arm-cannon. He does not have his Berserker armor.

Guts has the advantage in reach and variety of weaponry, but the problem would be getting past Cap's shield. I'd say they're about equal in stats. Guts is probably in the 1 ton range considering that he can casually swing around with rapid speed a giant slab of metal that weights at least a few hundred pounds.

Damborgson
Guts is vicious. But he's a scrapper, and if his early fight with griffith proves anything, skill is the key with him. Cap should have more than enough to deal with him. As long as he minds Guts' weapons he should take it.

NemeBro
Guts is a supremely skilled swordsman, and it is shown later on that his skill had surpassed Griffith's (Their first fight occurred when both were rather young, 14).

I don't think Cap is as strong as Guts. Guts wields a multi-hundred pound slab of iron with greater skill and speed than strong men wield an arming sword, capable of cutting through huge monsters without slowing down at all, and without lowering the sword due to strain.

Cap I'd wager is a bit faster though, Guts being only marginally supersonic at best by feats.

asdf83
Originally posted by Damborgson
Guts is vicious. But he's a scrapper, and if his early fight with griffith proves anything, skill is the key with him. Cap should have more than enough to deal with him. As long as he minds Guts' weapons he should take it.

As mentioned already, Guts easily defeated Griffith before leaving the Hawks. And this is Black Swordsman Guts, who is easily a more lethal fighter than the Guts who defeated Griffith and probably the most skilled human swordsman in the Berserk world. Cap is by far the better hand-to-hand fighter though if it ever comes to that.

It would be a close fight, but I'd give it to Guts. He's crafty and dirty enough to get a blow in with something eventually, and any hit with the Dragonslayer, bombs, or cannon means either death or a fight ending injury. Guts, on the other hand, has been shown to be able to fight on even if he gets his arm ripped off.

Blight
Not to mention Guts armor is boss.

cdtm
Even early on, Guts speed and skill feats put him on Caps tier, too.

Griffith was just faster, but that doesn't make Guts slow.

Not to mention, he survived meta class stuff as a pre pube child, like falling off a cliff.

BruceSkywalker
is this a good show to watch?

Damborgson
i see...ty both for the info. I didn't catch much Berserk except for some early and late parts. Not much in the middle.

I think then they are around even in the strength department. Enough to call it a wash at least. Did Guts ever become noticeably superior to Griffith in skill?
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
It definitely is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc19Ge75K4I&feature=youtu.be

^thats the ending. Viewers discretion is advised and I mean that very literally. Shit's not a happy ending.

cdtm
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

I only read the manga. I hear the anime's a bit different.

BruceSkywalker
i see...ty both for the info. I didn't catch much Berserk except for some early and late parts. Not much in the middle.

I think then they are around even in the strength department. Enough to call it a wash at least. Did Guts ever become noticeably superior to Griffith in skill?

It definitely is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc19Ge75K4I&feature=youtu.be

^thats the ending. Viewers discretion is advised and I mean that very literally. Shit's not a happy ending.

thanks

Originally posted by cdtm

i'll look for the manga sometime on the weekend

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm

Well they have also have done movies based on each story arc recently.

NemeBro
Did Guts ever become noticeably superior to Griffith in skill? Oh yeah.

In their rematch, Griffith, yandere psycho he is, tried to kill Guts to keep him from leaving. Guts, in one move, parried Griffith's attempt and could have killed him, Griffith was so stunned he couldn't move.

Blight
The show is just a long drawn out advertisement for the Manga. Cut out the middle man and read the ACTUAL story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.