xiaolin showdown vs. the last airbender.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NotAllThatEvil
Not sure if it's technically anime, but
raimundo, omi, kimicko, and clay vs. Aang, katara, zuko, and toph.

Only elemental shen gong wu.

Who wins?

Q99
Hm, been awhile since I saw that show... I think with only elemental shen gon wu, the Avatar side has too many advantages. I'm pretty sure they're stronger anyway, but some of the other shen go wu could help even the odds.

KingD19
Elemental Shen Gong Wu boosting their Air, Earth, Water, and Fire powers?

Team Xiaolin.

Fist of Tebigong(Earth)
Eye of Dashi(Fire/Wind)
Star Hanabi(Fire)
Orb of Tornami(Water)
Sun Chi Lantern(Chi/Energy. Since Aang can energy bend, this should be a valid option for Team Xiaolin)
Sword of the Storm(Wind)
Thorn of Thunderbolt(Lightning)

And they can make combinations, like Raymundo using Eye of Dashi + Sword of the Storm and becoming intangible, but still able to attack.

As for strength, Clay's earth attacks have cracked mountains, Omi's made a tsunami, Raymundo has made a hurricane, etc...

NotAllThatEvil
Actually by elemental wu i meant only the crest of the condor, kaigin charm, longhorn taorus, and catseye draco. However being a team, they can also use the orion formation to boost their abilities even further. I'm not sure if that can match the avatar state or the rest of them. It's sort of a toss up for me.

KingD19
Even those are enough to secure a win.

Q99
Hm, stronger than I remember.

Rikudo sennin
Wow I have not watched that show in forever. Wuya and jack spicer(i thinks that is how it is spelled) for life!

Demonic Phoenix
Xiaolin showdown team IMO.

BloodRain
The monks casually dodge machine gun fire.

Raimundo's stronger form can use a wind-punch to leave a fist shaped dent the over the whole side of a mountain

Team Avatar gets blitz and crushed.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by BloodRain
The monks casually dodge machine gun fire.

Raimundo's stronger form can use a wind-punch to leave a fist shaped dent the over the whole side of a mountain

Team Avatar gets blitz and crushed.
actually rai only did that in a dream. He can't even fly without the orion formation(which needs the other monks, so...)

BloodRain
He was dreaming, but Im pretty sure he manifested in the physical realm. I recall his astral self talking to the other monks.

NotAllThatEvil
His dream was projected because of the eagle statue(shadow of fear or something) but the fight with hannibal and all that other stuff happened in his head.

BloodRain
Dont remember that being used, but you're probably right.

Still going with the Monks elements as being stronger from what I remember, like Clay casually being able to move rock formations like only Bumi or Avatar state Aang can. And without any Wu, enhancements or stronger forms aiding him.

NotAllThatEvil
Yeah their elemental attacks have more destructive potential, but i don't think they can use them as easily as the gaang. Thats why they rely more on their martial arts. The avatarverse does alot of fighting from a distance so the monks might have a hard time getting close enough to actually use any of their skills.

cdtm
I doing see Avatar State being disallowed.

That thing lets Avatars split continents in two, and affect elements on a at least a continental level.. And Aang also learned to bend "energy" from the Sea Lion. As in, life energy. O_O

NotAllThatEvil
How does moving a continent apply to combat?

cdtm
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
How does moving a continent apply to combat?

Display of raw power, duh.

NotAllThatEvil
Raw power is pointless unless you can get a hit out of it. Given that all the monks know how to swim, that couldn't be used in a straight up fight.

BlackWind
The Avatar team likely gets blitzed. They Xiaolin Dragons have been smashing metal robots with their bare hands right from episode one and dodging gunfure from Jackbots.

But Aang can get the win if he is allowed the Avatar State.

SSJGGogeta
I don't know, I feel like without the avatar state, Aang's team still has a chance of winning. The people in Xiaolin showdown only use their shen gong wu if they need to, it seems like they can't use them more than a few times in a battle, whereas the benders can constantly bend for extended periods of time, and fluently integrate their bending into their martial arts. Unless the Xiaolin dragons use their strongest attacks right off the bat, they lose this one. Plus, with avatar state, Aang is a continental bender, meaning he can easily brush off anything the shen gong wu can even dream of doing.

However, there are several hax shen gong wu that would allow the win, but with avatar state, they have no chance.

NotAllThatEvil
So I hear korra ended. How does that team of benders match up?

KingD19
They go down as well. They can't stand up to the sheer power, speed, skill, and versatility of the Monks and their Wu.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by KingD19
They go down as well. They can't stand up to the sheer power, speed, skill, and versatility of the Monks and their Wu.

No, no, no.

Aang can run as fast as the winds of a Tornado, and fight efficiently while doing so. Plus he has the destructive capacity with air bending to stop volcano's from erupting, and pushing away tsunami's. Pretty close to Raymundo there, if not even more so.

Not to mention that Toph is capable of bending even more Earth than Bumi, who has demonstrated the capacity to shift hills and small mountains. She's around Clay's level in destructive capacity, as well as more skilled and capable of metal bending.

Zuko is able to ignite a small town with the side effects from his fighting. That's comet amped, but he's clearly superior to Azula, who has done similar before, as well as covering a large chunk of Kiyoshi island in flames. That's more than anyone could do with fire in Xiaolin showdown, iirc. Plus, he and Aang can redirect any lightning attacks.

Katara can bend entire lakes at a time, and turn her water into ice, or vice versa. Umi would beat her, but not without a fight.

The Avatar team should fair VERY well, but would probably lose simply due to Katara being their major weakness. However, if she got hurt or killed, Aang would go avatar state, which has demonstrated the power to break continents in half, create hurricanes and tsunami's, blow down entire forests with wind, catch entire islands on fire, and even flood entire islands with a gesture. If Aang were to go Avatar state, which he most definitely would unless it's not aloud here, then he would CRUSH the Xaiolin dragons like bugs.

pym-ftw
Lol, back anything you just said up.

Aang moving at 200+ mph

Toph shattering a mountain

Zuko was over time, it's fire... Fire spreads

Katara lifting a lake.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Lol, back anything you just said up.

Aang moving at 200+ mph

Toph shattering a mountain

Zuko was over time, it's fire... Fire spreads

Katara lifting a lake.

1. Outright stated by fire nation warriors.

2. Toph shifted a mountain. It was when she was training Aang, she caused a mountain to avalanche.

3. Azula did that, smart guy. And she did it in less time than it took Aang and co. to fly away on Appa. She burned most of Kiyoshi island down. Zuko > Azula.

4. Didn't she do that under Ba Sing Sa? Either way, I already said she'd lose. The problem is that that would trigger Avatar state in Aang, and the dragons would get annihilated by his continent shifting power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.