What if symbiote was introduced to the earth right now, in this universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Flu
What if the symbiote was introduced right now and it spread across the globe, after a while everyone would have their own symbiote.
What would the world be like?
How would it be different?
It's kind of bugging me

the ninjak
I'm not sure on the end game of the Symbiote race.

They drain the life force of their prey eventually. And the human race on our planet doesn't exactly have any special attributes to aid the collective.

I see such a scenario being no different than a zombie apocalypse in the long run.

Dr. Flu
What would people actually try to do with the symbiote
Would everyone have big teeth and tendrils?
Could the symbiote give you a tail and allow you to live underwater?
Could the symbiote give you wings?
are all symbiotes evil?
how would politicians wear their symbiotes?
And besides, I thought symbiote healed you.
It sure did to Eddie Brock when he had cancer.

SamZED
It didnt heal Brock iirc but Venom symbiote was said to be the only that wanted to be controled rather than be in charge.

Dr. Flu
well, back to my other questions than

SamZED
Have you played web if shadows? Something like that would happen.

Dr. Flu
nope, never played it
but why does the symbiote always have to be evil and out of control
why can't it's personality resemble it's host's?
Can it be controlled reasonably?

the ninjak
The Symbiote race is an aggressive one. They seek out strong hosts and if they have the potential to breed fast enough they simply take everyone down.

It seems that in the game Web of Shadows (which I heavily recommend) the virus made most civilians nothing more than zombie like entities. And that's with the Spiderman genetic boost. Villains and heroes became bestial versions of themselves.

Your question entails the Symbiotes hitting earth without Peter Parker's advantage of imbuing the strain with enhanced spider DNA. Which would mean the invasion would be no more than an advanced zombie outbreak. People walking around seeking victims until their numbers were strong enough for them to start vomiting goo all over the environment and starting global takedown.

If our planet was hit with Parker enhanced Symbiotes. It would be game over eventually. Without Parker's enhanced stats it'll take alot longer.

Dr. Flu
Then how did Claticus Casidy stay around so long with the carnage symbiote?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Dr. Flu
Then how did Claticus Casidy stay around so long with the carnage symbiote?

What do you mean?

Bentley
He probably means that Maximum Carnage was such a crappy event that Carnage must've been killed off earlier.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by SamZED
It didnt heal Brock iirc but Venom symbiote was said to be the only that wanted to be controled rather than be in charge.

What about toxin? Ended up on a normal cop I think and did things on it's own but otherwise went along with the whole 'do as I say' and had the mentallity of a child. I found it rather interesting and was pissed when he died. Mind you Im saying all this off memory so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me but that series made me believe that not every case would be the same.

BlackZero30x
I was actually going to bring up Toxin. Though iirc Toxin wanted to be in control but Mulligan's mind was stronger. I seem to recall a scene where he was exhausted from fighting off its influence all the time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.